Author Topic: Fiorentina Away  (Read 44966 times)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Re: Fiorentina Away
« Reply #240 on: September 23, 2009, 09:25:10 am »
Mine have just arrived! Came in a van by a separate postman. Obviously tickets (as he said!) so glad they have come safely and on time.

Can relax and look forward to Tues now! ;D

No names on them btw. Printed in Italy on 14/09/09 at 10.29am. Various code numbers but no sign of them being personalised.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:37:14 am by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #241 on: September 23, 2009, 09:29:29 am »
Anyone know what hotel the team is staying at in Florence?
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #242 on: September 23, 2009, 09:36:19 am »
Just had the call. Tickets being posted out special delivery today. On-line history is showing up 'PRINT'.

Happy days!

Think mine has been messed up - the status of all my tickets EVER  has been changed to print! ::) Even though I have them all and most were aways and hence weren't printed anyway!

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2009, 09:47:32 am »
Looks like Marseille in reverse! But we saw most of that.

Offline Nicoliverpool

• French Pie Eating Champion 2007
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #244 on: September 23, 2009, 09:51:28 am »
No name on the ticket? Interesting. Guess they'll just go from that list of names we're giving them then.
Yanks out

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #245 on: September 23, 2009, 09:52:25 am »
Sorry the venue does not impress me at all - in fact it looks pretty depressing

Offline bez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill!!!!!!!
« Reply #246 on: September 23, 2009, 09:58:50 am »
Looks a right shocker that end, how are they gonna fit 2500 fans on the back 6 rows of seats to see the game. Nightmare that. Good luck all that are going.

At least £25 isnt to bad for the credit hunters
Oh W**ky W**ky, W**ky W**ky W**ky W**ky Warrington.

Betfair referal code 6TXMVXF6J. £25 free

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #247 on: September 23, 2009, 09:59:20 am »
Better hope it doesn't rain - when that water collects on the plexiglas divide you'll see fuck all of the game.
True. Looks ok til Sun but... http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/219?&search=florence&itemsPerPage=10&region=world
Have you read the guide to Florence, by the way? ;)

http://www.fsf.org.uk/ground-guide/international-clubs/fiorentina/
That sounds ominous! Is there something I won't like? I am expected it to be pretty crap.

..... not much in there really.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:02:21 am by Shanklygates »

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #248 on: September 23, 2009, 09:59:54 am »
Bad toilets.
Yanks out

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #249 on: September 23, 2009, 10:01:34 am »
They are already appearing on Craiglist- depresses me

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #250 on: September 23, 2009, 10:14:03 am »
Just been sent this via email:

Police Report (Q&A) on Fiorentina. Apologies if it's in another thread, not had time to look (or read it yet!):

• Ticket allocation – how many, and at what prices? Which blocks in which stands?

Liverpool have been allocated a total of 2,600 tickets this fixture which includes a number of Sponsers. The bulk of the Liverpool supporters will be located in the South/ East stand, this houses a maximum of 2,432.. Access to the outside area of the stadium is via Gates P 12, and then a short walk to enter the stadium through turnstiles 13 and 14 Liverpool Club stewards will be at these locations to assist Liverpool supporters. There is no roof covering the away fans.

• Stadium opening times

It is anticipated that the turnstiles will be open 3 hours prior to the kick off, on entering through gate P12, the separation of supporters will be created by a large zonal interlocking fence. Stewards and Police control access through ticket checking and searching. Tickets will be checked to match allocation and identification. There will be English speaking Fiorentina Stewards as well as LFC stewards at the final turnstiles. Once inside the away section what is noticeable are the poor sight lines in the visitors section, marred by both fencing and Perspex type sheeting. You can not see the goalmouth from large areas ! which would encourage Liverpool fans to make to the upper areas which would undoubtedly lead to congestion and safety fears. THE CONDITIONS INSIDE THE STADIUM ARE POOR

• Security arrangements for entry – how many cordons and where? What actions expected at which cordon, eg ticket check, bag and body search?

Fiorentina have requested that relevant supporters details be included on each ticket and the authorities have indicated that the tickets will be checked accordingly. At the pre visit there was no talk of checks prior to arrival at the stadium but I am aware that when Everton played there 2 seasons back there were ticket checks carried out at a series of barriers.

• Prohibited items – in particular any departures from the usual UEFA guidelines: coins? Cameras?

Prohibited Items are similar to those in the UK. Flags without Poles are allowed.

• Transport to the ground – what are the recommended routes from the city centre etc? Is there any special match-day provision in addition to usual public transport? Is public transport free to ticket holders?

The stadium is close to the ‘Firenze Campo di Marte’ which is accessible from the city centre main station, ‘Santa Maria Novella., a number of buses, the 7, 17 or 20 will also take supporters to the stadium. We have been informed that at 08.00hrs on the day of the game a ‘Fans zone’ will be set up close to the Visiting Supporters Sector, close to the stadium. Part of the arrangements organised include ‘Free’ shuttle buses to and from the city centre to the Fans zone, this free service is scheduled to run from 10.00hrs to 19.00hrs, These buses can be found at the Mandela Forum, The Paizza Indipendenza and the Santa Maria Novella Central Train Station.

• Transport away from the ground – not such a silly question: what times are last trains and buses etc? Is travel still possible after extra time and penalties?

We have been informed that Liverpool supporters will be held back in the stadium for about 20 minutes (we anticipate that it may be longer ! ) Supporters on organised day trips will be collected by their coaches for a return journey back to the airport. We have been informed that both trains and buses will be available for supporters who wish to travel back to the city centre

• Facilities in and around the ground – are there bars or food outlets near the stadium? What’s available inside the ground itself?

Access to the toilet areas for both sectors is on ground level, males and females have to go below ground level by walking down/up a narrow concrete staircase. The signage is poor., The actual toilets are the Continental type ‘on the floor’, they are not the best in the world Refreshment facilities are available to. There are plenty of bars and food outlets in the area of the stadium

• Disabled facilities – what arrangements are made for fans with disabilities? Is there disabled parking at the ground?

Facilities are available and agreement was reached for 10 spaces plus 10 carers. Disabled supporters planning to travel to this event are advised to contact the Liverpool Disabled Supporters Association (LDSA) for advice. Write to LDSA Liverpool Community Department Bridge Chapel Centre Heath Road L19 4XR or e-mail colin.mccall@liverpoolfc.tv

• Fans without tickets – what provision, if any, is there for fans without tickets to watch the game? Any big screens? Is the game being televised locally, in bars etc?

As previously indicated the Authorities are planning on sighting a ‘Fans Zone’ for Liverpool fans near to the stadium. In addition to free transport to and from the city centre throughout the day, Facilities promised include English-speaking staff to assist Liverpool fans. Toilets, bars and food outlets. From 3.00pm a large screen will play music videos. From 18.00hrs we have been informed that ACF Fiorentina will provide free food and water to Liverpool fans. Outside the ‘Fans Zone’ before the opening of the stadium gates, a show of flag wavers in traditional costumes will perform for the Liverpool fans. Emergency health ( First Aid) will also be available. No tickets are available, we are aware that there are numerous websites advertising tickets in all parts of the stadium. Many of these so called agencies promise tickets for the fixture but we are hearing more and more stories of supporters paying exorbitant prices to these agencies only to discover that there are no tickets. Liverpool supporters are advised not to travel without a valid ticket for this event. Those that do are advised to remain in the city centre and watch it in the numerous bars and enjoy the atmosphere

• Black market tickets – what is the local legislation regarding black market ticket sale? Is selling an offence? Is buying an offence? Will English fans with tickets for non-English areas of the ground be allowed in?

Fans are requested not to travel to this event without being in possession of a valid ticket for the correctly allocated area. As with most European countries there is a problem with regard to ‘black market ticket sales’ but Police action in this area is minimal.

• Other local legislation – what other laws do fans need to be aware of? Is drinking in the street legal? Is smoking banned in enclosed public places? What are the drink-driving limits or other special motoring rules?

Merseyside Police would advise travelling supporters not to drink any alcohol if they plan to drive a motor vehicle. They should also drive with care and in a proper manner when driving a motor vehicle abroad. There is no restriction on the selling of alcohol that we have been made aware of.

• Flags – is there any facility for fans to gain early access to the stadium to hang flags or banners? Can they then leave and come back later for the game?

We have been informed that supporters cannot access the stadium to hang their flags prior to entry to the stadium opening on the day of the game. As indicated no poles will be permitted. They must take the flags with them post match

• ID – is it a legal requirement to carry ID? Will a photocopy of a passport do?

There are no special requirements however it is recommended that fans carry a Passport or other means of identification with them at all times.

• Any other business – are there any other matters fans should be aware of? Areas of the city to avoid? Local customs to be observed and respected?

At the Pre Match information meeting the Florence Authorities clearly went out of their way to ensure that Liverpool fans would be welcomed to their city and to the stadium and they are looking to be twinned with Liverpool. They are fierce rivals of Juventus. The authorities did issue strong advice that misbehaviour’ by anyone would not be tolerated and that visitors need to respect their monuments, culture and law.

Offline dazjones

• Main Stander
« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2009, 11:40:40 am »
Just had the call, got 2 on 5 credits, have to sweat on a 3rd on 3.

Daz

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #252 on: September 23, 2009, 11:53:04 am »
Is it just me or does anyone else think there appears to be a massive lack of interest for this game?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 11:58:14 am by johnster10 »
Long live the King

Offline yafoy

• lazy git - sabu pundit on pot
  • Legacy Fan
  • a RED who occupies Europe
    • EuRED Liverpool UNofficial Supporters Network
« Reply #253 on: September 23, 2009, 11:57:00 am »
any local/ex-pat kopites recommended a meeting point or is it the usual "piazza" then find the nearest bar/irish pub.. :D
Shanks: "Some people believe football is a matter of life and  death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. - At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it"

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #254 on: September 23, 2009, 12:18:51 pm »
Main square then the nearest Irish pub for drinks and Maccies for a bite, can't go wrong!
Yanks out

Offline marko

• Main Stander
  • Prince amongst full-backs
« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2009, 12:48:38 pm »
Mine have just arrived! Came in a van by a separate postman.

you mean as opposed to a postman attached to another postman? ;)

For instance, if I were to quote actual speech where  I was relating a conversation, it would be correct to type (for instance) "Marko you are a c*nt"

Online Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #256 on: September 23, 2009, 01:01:47 pm »
Is it just me or does anyone else think there appears to be a massive lack of interest for this game?

Just phoned up to get my ticket (using a mates fan card) and asked if there was any chance of it going to no aways from last year.  I was told that people with four will struggle.
Long live the King

Offline Scouser_Ste

• Hairy & Furry
  • Kopite
  • Rockin' All Over The World
« Reply #257 on: September 23, 2009, 01:03:02 pm »
Nah i will find a nice little Italian bar with lots of Peroni Nastro Azzurro :-).  Why bother with them Irish bars and pay 7 euros a drink, always a rip off in Europe them.

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #258 on: September 23, 2009, 01:13:41 pm »
Just phoned up to get my ticket (using a mates fan card) and asked if there was any chance of it going to no aways from last year.  I was told that people with four will struggle.

That's a brave thing to come out with- feel sorry for the people who have their own fan cards and the requisite number of matches

Online Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #259 on: September 23, 2009, 01:18:40 pm »

That's a brave thing to come out with- feel sorry for the people who have their own fan cards and the requisite number of matches

If they made sure those who went got the credits, I'd be able to get a ticket on my own fancard.  As they don't, I have to play the system like everyone else.
Long live the King

Offline Scouser_Ste

• Hairy & Furry
  • Kopite
« Reply #260 on: September 23, 2009, 01:39:26 pm »
Two of my mates are fuming.  They went to four last season with me, but Liverpool have only recorded they went to Three.

They phoned up and explained.  But they said they cannot change it, and thats what it says on the system.  Flights booked and everything.

Offline so kop end lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: September 23, 2009, 02:16:15 pm »
Just had the call with 4 credits from last season.

Nothing booked yet and i have to leave for work in 10 mins GRRRR

Offline Christoph

• Kopite
  • The best day of my life
« Reply #262 on: September 23, 2009, 02:49:29 pm »
Main square then the nearest Irish pub for drinks and Maccies for a bite, can't go wrong!

I like a good bit of sarcasm ;)
One life, one love, one LIVERPOOL FC

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #263 on: September 23, 2009, 02:58:24 pm »
You're German, how can you?
Yanks out

Offline Christoph

• Kopite
  • The best day of my life
« Reply #264 on: September 23, 2009, 03:05:02 pm »
You're German, how can you?

How dare you call me german!!!  :no :D
One life, one love, one LIVERPOOL FC

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #265 on: September 23, 2009, 03:11:17 pm »
AH! Got you in the end.
Yanks out

Offline NasEscobar

• Shirt fetishist
  • Legacy Fan
  • See you at the Barricades babe.
« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2009, 03:34:26 pm »
Just had the call.
Check me out y'all, Nasty Nas in your area, About to cause mass Hysteria.

Offline italian scouser

• Anny Roader
« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2009, 04:19:06 pm »
Nah i will find a nice little Italian bar with lots of Peroni Nastro Azzurro :-).  Why bother with them Irish bars and pay 7 euros a drink, always a rip off in Europe them.
totally agree with you.
Oh... I am a Liverpudlian, I come from the Spion Kop
I like to sing, I like to shout I go there quite a lot (every week)
We are the team who plays in red
A team that we all know A team that we call Liverpool

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2009, 04:19:06 pm »
just checked the forecast for next week,sayin tempertures in florence will be in mid seventies,to early eighties.......
Maybe
http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Florence-ITXX0028
Then again..... ???
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=florence%2C+italy&searchType=WEATHER

forse, forse non

Offline italian scouser

• Anny Roader
Oh... I am a Liverpudlian, I come from the Spion Kop
I like to sing, I like to shout I go there quite a lot (every week)
We are the team who plays in red
A team that we all know A team that we call Liverpool

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: September 23, 2009, 04:25:58 pm »
rang them up this morning to get our 4,had a nice drive up there this afternoon to pick them up,tickets are a bit better than the crap barca gave us.....

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Facebook
« Reply #271 on: September 23, 2009, 05:19:58 pm »
Do you have any Euro away credits?

No i don't and this is where my problem is :(

Been stung before in Italy with the wrong name on a ticket.
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #272 on: September 23, 2009, 05:55:35 pm »
royal mail fecked up and took two days to deliver a special, finally got it logged and called today
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #273 on: September 23, 2009, 07:02:35 pm »
Scouser Ste, do u have the stubs and proof your mates went, if so surely the TO would have to do something!?

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #274 on: September 23, 2009, 07:09:44 pm »
u have the stubs and proof your mates went, if so surely the TO would have to do something!?

their rules, they say that proof of travel needs logging before the next game and can't be done after i.e. proof from florence needs sending in with app for lyon

www.misternobody.co.uk

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #275 on: September 23, 2009, 07:40:33 pm »
Can't see more than 800 going to this one ( and i may be wrong).
Do people who are able to provide genuine proof of travel but are unable to obtain a ticket through the normal sources  placed to the back of the queue?

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #276 on: September 23, 2009, 08:36:31 pm »
Do people who are able to provide genuine proof of travel but are unable to obtain a ticket through the normal sources  placed to the back of the queue?

last season, and i think the one before, you got priority if you had the proofs then some left went to the ones with no proof?

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline Joe90

• Anny Roader
  • Lad with the flag
« Reply #277 on: September 24, 2009, 08:12:31 am »
we're flying out on the sunday morning to pisa, watching pisa play then train to Florence on the monday.  Meant to be a beter night out in florence.

Flying back wednessday pisa to birmingham.
Ringo star's a bellend.

'Dont die outside lad, the police dog is patently horny'

Offline Scouser_Ste

• Hairy & Furry
  • Kopite
« Reply #278 on: September 24, 2009, 09:10:43 am »
Yeah me mates have got stubs, and proof of travel.  And they did provide this last season too. 

But no Liverpool are  always right aye.

But you should get a receipt when loggin an app and when you pick up your tickets too.  I know its logged on the internet thing, but alot of fans i know havent got a clue about this etc etc.

Anyway ha, i'm sure they will get a ticket one way or another, just so much inconvienience all this

Offline Scouser_Ste

• Hairy & Furry
  • Kopite
« Reply #279 on: September 24, 2009, 11:33:04 am »
Me mates just text me, hes had the call.  3 aways he had from last season