Author Topic: A Game or Goal you missed you wish you hadn't  (Read 10425 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: A Game or Goal you missed you wish you hadn't
« Reply #80 on: July 7, 2009, 12:47:29 pm »
I was in the Dominican Republic in 2003/4 when we played Arsenal at Highbury around Easter time. Ok we got turned over but it was an incredible game by all accounts. Arsenal were trying to go the whole season unbeaten and we were leading 2-1 at half time if I remember rightly? Then came that Henry wonder goal and we caved in under the pressure. Incredible game though. That Arsenal side was something else.

Fortunately for me, whilst out there I witnessed some incredible Champions Leagues in that midweek aswell. Chelsea won at Highbury to knock the invincible Arsenal out. Monaco came from 1-0 down to beat Real Madrid 3-1 and knock them out on away goals, and probably most unbelievably, Deportivo beat AC Milan 4-0 having lost the first leg 4-1 to go through.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2009, 12:49:26 pm by stmichael »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #81 on: July 7, 2009, 12:56:07 pm »
1985. Jan Molby. Top Left hand corner. Lost forever.
Found this mate, hope it goes some way to ease the pain.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #82 on: July 7, 2009, 01:18:16 pm »
Has anybody said 2nd half of Istanbul yet?

I am sure this will be the one of most amazing match I missed

Istanbul Finale 2nd Half....

It was a pity, I just watched the 1st half only
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline m4ttc

• Main Stander
« Reply #83 on: July 7, 2009, 01:43:50 pm »
Mine was the Olympiakos game.
I was on holiday in Sydney and was literally walking out of the room to check out when the game came on Aussie TV.
Was on the underground when I got a text off me mate saying 0-1 Rivaldo 27 mins..absolutely gutted.

Got texts when at gate saying 1-1 and then 2-1 when boarding plane.  Got a text when taxying on runway that just said "3-1 FT".  I replied saying "you serious?" but had to turn my fone off on a 7.5 hour flight to Singapore thinking was it a wind up ?

When I landed the texts flew in with the details :) :)

Was brought down to earth at the weekend when we lost the derby at Woodison which I watched in East of Anfield in Sinagpore which was an experience

Offline PETERC1992

• Anny Roader
« Reply #84 on: July 7, 2009, 02:19:21 pm »
I missed garcias goal against Chelsea in 2005.Went up to the shop up the road to get some stuff for the match nd wen i came in the match had just started nd the brother had told me that we were one up..I was a ball of sweat for the rest of the game

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #85 on: July 7, 2009, 03:14:09 pm »
7-0 thrashing of Birmingham.

Garcia's goal against Chelsea, since I over-slept. Woke-up at 8min to watch the rest of the game.

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: July 7, 2009, 03:15:49 pm »
Oh come on. I thought everyone knew this by now! ;)

Molby was sent a tape by the Utd manager afterwards because it was so good he figured Jan would appreciate it and he's got it in his loft.

The goal gets more and more legendary with time so he's reluctant to dig it out but he promised that the official site will be the first to see it if he ever does.

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: July 7, 2009, 04:47:18 pm »
Has to be UEFA Cup final in Dortmund against Alaves. Dunno why I never went. Went to Istanbul and Athens though.
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: July 7, 2009, 04:53:18 pm »
Has to be UEFA Cup final in Dortmund against Alaves. Dunno why I never went. Went to Istanbul and Athens though.

Same, actually. Forgot about that. I'd been to every home match that season but me mum wouldn't let me go as I was 14 and didn't have a passport.

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: July 7, 2009, 05:25:45 pm »
Same, actually. Forgot about that. I'd been to every home match that season but me mum wouldn't let me go as I was 14 and didn't have a passport.
Wouldnt worry about it mate, I was to young to go to Dortmund really, but Istanbul I missed going cos of college, think I might be bad luck for the reds though cos went to Athens ha

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #90 on: July 7, 2009, 08:26:35 pm »
Juventus away. My biggest regret of the 2004/5 season.

Offline Fine Shagger, Danny Agger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 7, 2009, 08:40:44 pm »
I didn't get home in time to see the first half of Marseille away last season - missed Nando's goal of the season! When my friend said he took on four or five Marseille players, I laughed in his face.
If you can see Martin Skrtel, he can see you.  If you can't see Martin Skrtel, you may be moments away from certain death.

Offline Miko

• Main Stander
« Reply #92 on: July 7, 2009, 09:14:23 pm »
Winning 1-0 against Chelsea, when Bruno Cheyrou scored. Gutted I missed us beating (at the time) a very good Chelsea side when our club was struggling.
We all bleed red, it's not worth debating.