Author Topic: The Apollo moon landings thread  (Read 53017 times)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Re: The Apollo moon landings thread
« Reply #320 on: December 31, 2012, 01:59:39 pm »
just watched the Neil Armstrong Doc on catch up , it was well put together in my view.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline MHLC

• My Horse Likes Cheese
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: December 31, 2012, 04:57:04 pm »
I dunno about the book, but there's a documentary called In The Shadow of The Moon on topdocumentaryfilms that's about the same thing.

Just watched this documentary. Really enjoyable and incredible listening to the testimonies of the astronauts.

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: December 31, 2012, 05:40:01 pm »
Just watched it on iPlayer, brilliant, can never get enough of this. Was nice to see Neil's early career in the Navy and then later as a test pilot.

great documentary. The most amazing part of it is all of the times he's sitting on top of a gigantic bomb, or spinning upside down, and about to die absolutely horribly, in some massive near death experience, and then he would just reach out and calmly do exactly the right thing at exactly the right time, and just not die.

even when they were on the surface of the moon, aldrin broke the switch to fire the engines, potentially leaving them stranded, and armstrong fixed it with a pen. he was the coolest bastard ever to walk shoe leather, never mind bounce around on the surface of the moon. 

I was always puzzled how the conspiracy theorists were able to deny they went to the moon, when the russians (who were watching the whole thing) were pretty sure they had.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:46:34 pm by RedHopper »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #323 on: December 31, 2012, 05:52:37 pm »
I was always puzzled how the conspiracy theorists were able to deny they went to the moon, when the russians (who were watching the whole thing) were pretty sure they had.

Because they are clueless bellends. Haven't watched the documentary yet but might give it a go tonight (can't stand New Year's Eve). I old enough to remember the landings live and it was absolutely incredible.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #324 on: December 31, 2012, 06:00:12 pm »
Because they are clueless bellends.

Not really, I can see why some people wouldn't believe it, I don't agree with them, but calling them clueless bellends is ridiculous. I've seen numerous things that have made me think "Hmmmm, interesting".

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: December 31, 2012, 06:07:14 pm »
Not really, I can see why some people wouldn't believe it, I don't agree with them, but calling them clueless bellends is ridiculous. I've seen numerous things that have made me think "Hmmmm, interesting".

I could see why some people might be suspicious of anything a nixon administration achieved, but the Russians said it happened, and tricky dicky couldn't square them.  You can see why buzz aldrin battered that lad there a couple of years ago.

I thought that he also came out of it really well. I was under the impression that aldrin was supposed to be dead jealous of armstrong and upset that he was no.2 on the moon, but watching that documentary, you can see that he loved armstrong as a brother, and worshipped the ground he walked on.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #326 on: December 31, 2012, 06:47:09 pm »
Bull, everything they come up with is explained over and over again scientifaclly(sp) and they have no answers bar sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming 'it's a conspiracy'. The moon landings are fact as is the fact that those that don't believe are blind dumb and stupid.

Happy new year x

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #327 on: December 31, 2012, 07:03:30 pm »
Bull, everything they come up with is explained over and over again scientifaclly(sp) and they have no answers bar sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming 'it's a conspiracy'. The moon landings are fact as is the fact that those that don't believe are blind dumb and stupid.

Happy new year x

You'll forgive me if I don't think that scientists with decades of experience on the matter, are blind, dumb, stupid, clueless bellends.

Disagree with them? Fine, I do too, but let's not get up on a high horse over it. People believe/don't believe different things, so what, as a man once said, that's life. Let's be adults about it.

People who resort to "He's a loon" type nonsense, do not help the situation. If you think someone is wrong, have an adult discussion about it, if they still disagree with you, so what, the world will still be turning in the morning.

Happy New Year to you, too xox.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: December 31, 2012, 09:34:34 pm »
Just watched the documentary, amazing stuff. What an ice cool guy he was, truly one of a kind.

It does raise the interesting issue of when and who chose his famous words when stepping onto the moon  :)
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #329 on: December 31, 2012, 09:40:30 pm »
Because they are clueless bellends. Haven't watched the documentary yet but might give it a go tonight (can't stand New Year's Eve). I old enough to remember the landings live and it was absolutely incredible.

Or maybe the Americans had some weapons deal going on if the Russians agreed to ' believe ' that the Americans landed on the moon. Wooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;) Think is i have no conclusive proof that anyone landed on the moon.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: December 31, 2012, 10:26:47 pm »

No mate - clueless bellends is correct. I you think 'hmm interesting' that's fine but even the most basic effort to look into the 'anomalies' shows that there is no question that the landings happened. Anyone who can't be arsed to investigate shouldn't comment and anyone who maintains they didn't happen in the face of the mountains and mountains of evidence is worse than clueless, they're brain dead bellends.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: December 31, 2012, 10:30:27 pm »
You'll forgive me if I don't think that scientists with decades of experience on the matter, are blind, dumb, stupid, clueless bellends.

Disagree with them? Fine, I do too, but let's not get up on a high horse over it. People believe/don't believe different things, so what, as a man once said, that's life. Let's be adults about it.

People who resort to "He's a loon" type nonsense, do not help the situation. If you think someone is wrong, have an adult discussion about it, if they still disagree with you, so what, the world will still be turning in the morning.

Happy New Year to you, too xox.

There is no adult discussion to be had. I'd love to know which scientists with decades of experience believe there is any doubt about the moon landings. If you mean the muppets who turn up on the Discovery Channel specials then their opinions have been shown to be worthless. I'm not just dismissing it - I dealt with this and other conspiracy shite many times over the years and there is nothing, repeat, nothing that supports the claims of the conspiracy nut jobs. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: December 31, 2012, 10:43:27 pm »
Or maybe the Americans had some weapons deal going on if the Russians agreed to ' believe ' that the Americans landed on the moon. Wooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;) Think is i have no conclusive proof that anyone landed on the moon.

If you go to the NASA archives and look at the thousands, millions of documents, photos, videos etc from each of the Apollo missions it would have cost so much to fabricate it all using the technology available in the sixties, it would have been more expensive to make it all up than actually send them to the moon. The evidence is all there if you want to look at it.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/

http://history.nasa.gov/apollo.html

http://www.apolloarchive.com/apollo_gallery.html

http://www.apolloarchive.com/apollo_archive.html

Seriously - have a look at some of the amazing photos, videos, audio and transcripts. If you can find a pair of old-school red-green 3D glasses the are some amazing analglyph (stereoscopic) images of the lunar landscape.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: December 31, 2012, 10:44:45 pm »
There is no adult discussion to be had. I'd love to know which scientists with decades of experience believe there is any doubt about the moon landings. If you mean the muppets who turn up on the Discovery Channel specials then their opinions have been shown to be worthless. I'm not just dismissing it - I dealt with this and other conspiracy shite many times over the years and there is nothing, repeat, nothing that supports the claims of the conspiracy nut jobs. 
People who think the moon landings were faked are about as loony as the God believing nuts. Happy Christmas folks.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: December 31, 2012, 10:52:04 pm »
If you go to the NASA archives and look at the thousands, millions of documents, photos, videos etc from each of the Apollo missions it would have cost so much to fabricate it all using the technology available in the sixties, it would have been more expensive to make it all up than actually send them to the moon. The evidence is all there if you want to look at it.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/

http://history.nasa.gov/apollo.html

http://www.apolloarchive.com/apollo_gallery.html

http://www.apolloarchive.com/apollo_archive.html

Seriously - have a look at some of the amazing photos, videos, audio and transcripts. If you can find a pair of old-school red-green 3D glasses the are some amazing analglyph (stereoscopic) images of the lunar landscape.

Trust me mate, im just having a piss take. Ive followed your posts on here with replies to conspiracies etc and you have always given solid evidence to back your argument up. I enjoy watching ppl trying to talk about stuff like that and i sit back and wait for you to come in.............

I also enjoy reading the nutters views though, im a simple man ;)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #335 on: January 1, 2013, 02:38:12 am »

It's Xmas. Quality Street wrappers are plentiful.

Offline exilescouse

• Lack sufficient letters for real testicles.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #336 on: January 1, 2013, 09:45:34 am »

Are people who believe in God clueless bellends?

Where on the bell end scale would you put a religious man compared to a man that believes we never went to the moon?

Also, based on some of the photographic evidence, do you think that some photos were taken back on earth or doctored back on earth?
« Last Edit: January 1, 2013, 09:48:17 am by exilescouse »

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: January 1, 2013, 01:46:06 pm »
slightly off topic alan, do you really believe the 9 11  conspiracy  believers to be   clueless  bellends also? just curious?
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #338 on: January 1, 2013, 01:51:03 pm »

Where on the bell end scale would you put a religious man compared to a man that believes we never went to the moon?

Also, based on some of the photographic evidence, do you think that some photos were taken back on earth or doctored back on earth?

Faith and wilful blindness to overwhelming evidence are different matters.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #339 on: January 1, 2013, 02:33:01 pm »

What happens after death cannot be investigated. What really happened with the Moon landings can and has been established without the shadow of a doubt.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #340 on: January 1, 2013, 03:26:27 pm »
Faith and wilful blindness to overwhelming evidence are different matters.

In what way?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: January 1, 2013, 03:59:56 pm »

No I don't believe that believing in god is bellendery although religion and conspiracy are on the same continuum. They are both about our natural desire to make sense of the world. It feels 'right' if there is some over-arching structure or meaning to everything that happens. I'm as guilty as anyone for having the impulse to think that what I wear might impact the outcome of a football match for example. We look for patterns in the world around us. The difference between religion and conspiracy theory is that to be fair to those who are religious, there is no absolute evidence to say there is no God. For the moon landings and 9/11, the evidence is incontrovertible that they happened. There is absolute proof, beyond any reasonable doubt, that the 'official' story is correct.

So on a scale of one to ten, a religious person is not a bellend at all, just misguided (in my opinion), but a person who wilfully maintains that the moon landings was a hoax in the face of all evidence, on the basis o the gormless twats who promote the conspiracy, is an eleven.

And no, the pictures weren't doctored. I know what you're referring to and it just highlights the stupidity of the dozy, clueless pricks who make the claims. A basic understanding of the way cameras and film works, basic optics, parallax, perspective etc would render all the claims meaningless. It takes a deep level of stupidity or wilfull ignorance to relieve any of that shit.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #342 on: January 1, 2013, 04:25:42 pm »
So the moon landing happened and you own lucky pants. Loony.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: January 1, 2013, 05:43:46 pm »
So the moon landing happened and you own lucky pants. Loony.

The thing is I know the lucky pants thing is loony...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: January 1, 2013, 06:35:23 pm »
No I don't believe that believing in god is bellendery although religion and conspiracy are on the same continuum. They are both about our natural desire to make sense of the world. It feels 'right' if there is some over-arching structure or meaning to everything that happens. I'm as guilty as anyone for having the impulse to think that what I wear might impact the outcome of a football match for example. We look for patterns in the world around us. The difference between religion and conspiracy theory is that to be fair to those who are religious, there is no absolute evidence to say there is no God. For the moon landings and 9/11, the evidence is incontrovertible that they happened. There is absolute proof, beyond any reasonable doubt, that the 'official' story is correct.

So on a scale of one to ten, a religious person is not a bellend at all, just misguided (in my opinion), but a person who wilfully maintains that the moon landings was a hoax in the face of all evidence, on the basis o the gormless twats who promote the conspiracy, is an eleven.

And no, the pictures weren't doctored. I know what you're referring to and it just highlights the stupidity of the dozy, clueless pricks who make the claims. A basic understanding of the way cameras and film works, basic optics, parallax, perspective etc would render all the claims meaningless. It takes a deep level of stupidity or wilfull ignorance to relieve any of that shit.

But therein lies the problem, not everyone has that understanding or the desire to understand ' basic optics ' I cant talk im half way fucked on that note lol but i do read all this and think hmmmmm , then i read up on it...............

Offline MHLC

• My Horse Likes Cheese
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: January 1, 2013, 08:15:52 pm »
In what way?

It's pretty simple. Nobody can prove the existence of a God, or a Unicorn, or that Joe Cole will ever justify his weekly salary for the matter. And how do you go about proving a God or a Unicorn doesn't exist? Conspiracy theorists are routinely dismantled by logical reasoning and evidence. Those that are not dismantled were probably flagging actual conspiracies.

I think Alan does a disservice to religion by trying to stitch it together with conspiracy theorists. One revolves around faith in the existence of the so far unprovable, the other on denying tangible evidence.

Offline Quantum

• Main Stander
« Reply #346 on: January 2, 2013, 08:49:26 am »
I'd also add that there are parallels to accepting government versions of events and accepting God's existence. For example most accept that office fires brought down the skyscraper building 7 on 9/11 despite this never happening before or after the day of 9/11 yet we are deliberately denied the computer models and data to verify such a claim. We accept the authority figure account of what we can't verify.

Religious authority figures tell believers what to believe and the believer normally accepts without evidence what that authority figure tells them.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #347 on: January 2, 2013, 10:08:38 am »
It's pretty simple. Nobody can prove the existence of a God, or a Unicorn, or that Joe Cole will ever justify his weekly salary for the matter. And how do you go about proving a God or a Unicorn doesn't exist? Conspiracy theorists are routinely dismantled by logical reasoning and evidence. Those that are not dismantled were probably flagging actual conspiracies.

I think Alan does a disservice to religion by trying to stitch it together with conspiracy theorists. One revolves around faith in the existence of the so far unprovable, the other on denying tangible evidence.

Two sides of the same coin. Either you rely on rational analysis or you don't. You can't apply it for one and not the other, and the same sort of factors apply. There is "tangible evidence" that there are no gods, just like there is tangible evidence that there are no unicorns. The tangible evidence is that nobody has ever come up with any tangible evidence for the existence of either.

Just because religions are (deliberately) unprovable doesn't mean they get to occupy a loftier position than theories about whether Dubya remote controlled the planes all the way into the WTC. They are equally ridiculous notions, and no, you can't absolutely prove Dubya didn't do that, no matter how much evidence you have to the contrary. Beyond reasonable doubt, sure, but I would suggest that religions fall at the same hurdle.

I disagree with Alan on the bellendery question, too. I don't think CT'ers are necessarily bellends, many do genuinely believe in their theories. I think people like Alan just get irritated when the CT'ers deliberately ignore reasonable facts and evidence in favour of their own personal beliefs. Just like religious people who ignore scientific facts in favour of stories about Jesus cavorting with dinosaurs. And as for the gormless twats who promote such conspiracies for their own gain, well, religion has them too and I'm not just talking Texan televangelists or money grabbing Scientologists. The Catholics have been selling tickets to heaven for centuries.

Offline MHLC

• My Horse Likes Cheese
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: January 2, 2013, 10:51:28 am »
Back on topic....

Found out today of the death of Jesco von Puttkamer. He was here giving a speech just a few months back :-\

Cant provide the link to this as its on our intranet:

Agency News
Death of German-American space pioneer Jesco Von Puttkamer
2 January 2013

Statement by Thomas Reiter, ESA Director for Human Spaceflight and Operations: We mourn the sudden death of Jesco von Puttkamer. He was an outstanding space pioneer and took part in humankinds’ most important space exploration endeavours such as the Apollo, Shuttle and International Space Station programmes.

Jesco's technical expertise, strong vision and enthusiasm for space exploration will always be remembered. After the recent departure of space legend Neil Armstrong, the death of Jesco von Puttkamer is another sad loss to the space community in Germany, Europe, USA and well beyond.
Jesco was always a fervent supporter of ESA-NASA and German-American cooperation in space. He conveyed his lifetime experience and vision to generations of engineers, scientists and students. To the end, Jesco did this through academic teaching, enthusiastic presentations and book publications.

I remember him as a good friend after our discussions in the context of my Euromir mission to the Russian space station Mir in 1996. We had several contacts after the Astrolab mission to the International Space Station when we exchanged views on operations and science in low Earth orbit.

In October 2012, Jesco visited our Space Operations Centre in Darmstadt, Germany, where he conveyed once again his passion about human spaceflight and exploration to experts and the general public. Only a few weeks ago, I communicated with Jesco on the future of human spaceflight beyond low Earth orbit, on lunar missions and on NASA-ESA cooperation in the context of the Multi Purpose Crew Vehicle Orion for which ESA will build the Service Module.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: January 2, 2013, 05:57:54 pm »
I disagree with Alan on the bellendery question, too.

I just love any excuse to use the word 'bellendery'...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #350 on: January 4, 2013, 03:16:14 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ciStUEZK-Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7ciStUEZK-Y</a>

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: January 4, 2013, 03:35:50 pm »
watched the Neil Armstrong documentry on i player last night.Really enjoyed it.Great to watch and interesting to see family members and close friends take on the man.By all accounts seemed a very quiet individual and very well respected amongst his colleagues.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #352 on: January 4, 2013, 07:23:34 pm »
Moondust is an essential read, but for those with an interest in the techie/political aspects of Apollo, please try Craig Nelson's 'Rocket Men'.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: June 24, 2013, 10:54:15 pm »

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #354 on: June 24, 2013, 11:30:37 pm »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #355 on: June 25, 2013, 12:25:39 am »
OK that's won the entire internet.

Rog.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #356 on: June 25, 2013, 01:25:53 am »
Awesome!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #357 on: June 25, 2013, 08:15:25 am »
That is brilliant! Thanks for the link.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #358 on: June 25, 2013, 12:48:05 pm »
YNWA

Offline Weescotty

• Main Stander
« Reply #359 on: July 1, 2013, 04:03:59 am »
Brilliant achievement when you consider the complexity required and the technology available.
I remember staying up late (6 years old) watching an old black and white telly, with very bad reception to see the landing.

Faked - Not one bit, consider the political climate at the time....

Cold War in full force...

USSR
1st satellite
1st man in space
1st woman in space

USA
Needed a morale boost, so put man on the moon was the choice.

Apollo 'Flights' tracked from around the world INCLUDING the USSR.
Do you not think if Russia had one shred of evidence they were faked, that they would have been screaming about it?