Author Topic: iCal/Outlook fixture list (auto-updated)  (Read 104047 times)

Offline El_Macca_17

• Legacy Fan
  • Out here on the perimeter there are no stars.
Re: iCal/Outlook fixture list (auto-updated)
« Reply #280 on: October 31, 2010, 11:34:45 pm »
Cheers Wacko, all back now bar the Napoli game. Great feature this, came in very handy while I was boycotting the official site. Thanks again.
"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Offline wacko

• Keepsh a shecret gottle of Shcotch in hish top drawer. Cunning linguist and ical genius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: November 1, 2010, 08:30:17 am »
Will look into the Napoli problem this afternoon.

Edit: won't be happening today, as I've apparently exceeded my API quota for the day. When's midnight at Google?
« Last Edit: November 1, 2010, 08:49:12 am by wacko »
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #282 on: November 6, 2010, 05:52:41 pm »
Lost all the fixtures, any ideas?
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline wacko

• Keepsh a shecret gottle of Shcotch in hish top drawer. Cunning linguist and ical genius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: November 7, 2010, 07:04:32 pm »
Lost all the fixtures, any ideas?

Are they back now? The calendar is as it should be.

It must have been a problem with Google Calendars. If the fixtures disappear, your best bet is to reload the calendar.

As before, I recommend using the icalx.com calendar over the Google calendar if possible. It always works.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: November 7, 2010, 07:15:26 pm »
Are they back now? The calendar is as it should be.

It must have been a problem with Google Calendars. If the fixtures disappear, your best bet is to reload the calendar.

As before, I recommend using the icalx.com calendar over the Google calendar if possible. It always works.

Nah, just says this calendar has been replaced. I'm on Android so need the Google version I think.

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: November 7, 2010, 07:53:41 pm »
Nah, just says this calendar has been replaced. I'm on Android so need the Google version I think.

Right. Yes it has been replaced.

THIS CALENDAR HAS BEEN REPLACED. Please see Properties/Info for details

This calendar has been replaced. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you use Google Calendar, please use this calendar instead: http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=c70ba589dtjt53saht9jsol9bo%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/Berlin If you use iCal (Mac), Thunderbird or Outlook, please update your URL to: http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/c70ba589dtjt53saht9jsol9bo%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: November 7, 2010, 09:15:10 pm »

Cheers mate, sorted.

Offline pknz

• Main Stander
  • Kiwi Red
« Reply #287 on: November 18, 2010, 08:29:30 am »

Thanks!
Internet terrorist.

Offline red richie t

• Main Stander
  • I feel like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain
« Reply #288 on: November 20, 2010, 08:23:35 am »
Just subscribed to this. Thanks for the effort.
UEFA anagram of .......TOUT

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Cheeky bleeder. Thinks the mods are here to answer to his beck and call
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #289 on: November 20, 2010, 08:51:22 am »
Sorted, nice 1

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #290 on: November 20, 2010, 09:27:04 am »
my fixtures have been gone for about a month now.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: November 20, 2010, 04:42:52 pm »
my fixtures have been gone for about a month now.

The calendar has moved. See my comment further up this page, or read the calendar's info.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #292 on: November 20, 2010, 06:43:22 pm »
Oh I didn't realise I will take a look thanks.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline muffins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Well done, lads.
« Reply #293 on: November 27, 2010, 03:55:05 am »
Cheers. Works a charm.  :thumbup

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #294 on: December 1, 2010, 11:09:50 am »
The calendar has moved. See my comment further up this page, or read the calendar's info.
is that the same for iPhone?

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: December 1, 2010, 04:46:25 pm »
is that the same for iPhone?

No. The iPhone is a simply magical device and automatically knows when the Internet changes  :wave

In truth, it depends on which calendar you're using. If your calendar still contains the fixtures, you don't need to change anything. If it doesn't, see above or follow the instructions in the calendar.

Offline ed1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #296 on: December 7, 2010, 11:45:02 am »

I've added the new Google calendar and all the fixtures show but the only game appearing on my phone is the Man Utd FA cup game.  Is it just me?  Help!  ???

Offline ed1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #297 on: December 8, 2010, 09:36:00 am »
Obviously just me then...

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #298 on: December 8, 2010, 01:27:35 pm »

Nice one man.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: December 8, 2010, 02:33:09 pm »
I've added the new Google calendar and all the fixtures show but the only game appearing on my phone is the Man Utd FA cup game.  Is it just me?  Help!  ???

I'd love to help, but you're not really giving me much to work with. Which phone and which app you're using would be a very good start.

Just guessing, as you've given me zero info to base this on, I'd say you might just need to update the calendar. Your phone might have grabbed the calendar in the middle of an update (though that still shouldn't happen).

Offline ed1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #300 on: December 8, 2010, 02:39:45 pm »
I'd love to help, but you're not really giving me much to work with. Which phone and which app you're using would be a very good start.

Just guessing, as you've given me zero info to base this on, I'd say you might just need to update the calendar. Your phone might have grabbed the calendar in the middle of an update (though that still shouldn't happen).

You mean you can't guess?! ;)

The phone is an HTC desire and I'm using the standard HTC agenda widget.  I've tried refreshing the calendar online and on my phone.  I have also unsubscrbed and resubscribed to the fixtures calendar.  Only 3 fixtures appear on my phone; Man Utd FA cup game and the league matches with Chelsea and West Ham.  Very odd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: December 8, 2010, 03:40:51 pm »
Are you sure you're using the right URL (I replaced the calendar a while back)? Read here: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=244186.msg7671627#msg7671627

I've verified the calendar on Google and icalx.com, and both updated perfectly at 12.22 CET this afternoon. I'm afraid there's not a lot else I can do.

Offline ed1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #302 on: December 8, 2010, 03:52:23 pm »
Are you sure you're using the right URL (I replaced the calendar a while back)? Read here: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=244186.msg7671627#msg7671627

I've verified the calendar on Google and icalx.com, and both updated perfectly at 12.22 CET this afternoon. I'm afraid there's not a lot else I can do.

Yeah, just added it again.  It works perfectly on my Google calendar but does not seem to carry across to the phone (except the Chelsea and Man Utd fixtures)  Strange.

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: December 8, 2010, 04:13:40 pm »
Yeah, just added it again.  It works perfectly on my Google calendar but does not seem to carry across to the phone (except the Chelsea and Man Utd fixtures)  Strange.

Try deactivating and reactivating Google sync in your Accounts and Sync settings.

Offline ed1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #304 on: December 8, 2010, 04:47:03 pm »
Try deactivating and reactivating Google sync in your Accounts and Sync settings.

I've given that a try but no change.  It's so strange, I would have thought it would either show no fixtures, or show them all.  Not some weird situation where 3 fixtures appear and nothing else. 

Works perfectly when I view my Google calendar online but does not carry through to the widget on the phone.

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: December 8, 2010, 06:33:57 pm »
You could try using the icalx.com URL above instead. If that doesn't work, I'll set up a second, parallel calendar for you. I can't think of anything else.

Offline PaulV

• RAWK Pope
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #306 on: December 9, 2010, 11:35:49 am »
Works perfectly when I view my Google calendar online but does not carry through to the widget on the phone.
Turn your phone off and on again. I did find that the calendar sync failed once and that cured it.
To many people have discovered "Football Manager" and now they all think they are Kenny but alas so many end up as Roy

Offline ed1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #307 on: December 30, 2010, 12:14:11 pm »
You could try using the icalx.com URL above instead. If that doesn't work, I'll set up a second, parallel calendar for you. I can't think of anything else.

Very strange.  It's still not working.  More fixtures are appearing but there are still others that are missing. 

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: December 30, 2010, 04:42:50 pm »
Very strange.  It's still not working.  More fixtures are appearing but there are still others that are missing. 

It's fucked up on my iPad, too. Doesn't even show the calendar as available. I'm hunting round the Google forums for possible solutions.

Offline ed1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #309 on: January 3, 2011, 05:30:14 pm »
It's fucked up on my iPad, too. Doesn't even show the calendar as available. I'm hunting round the Google forums for possible solutions.

OK then.  Glad it isn't just me.

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: January 3, 2011, 05:49:43 pm »
OK then.  Glad it isn't just me.

It's working for me again now (on iPad and iPhone), but you're on Android, aren't you?

Pheeny

« Reply #311 on: January 6, 2011, 10:56:54 pm »
just installed it and working fine,thanks.One question which might be stupid but is there anyway that I can change the time as I'm in Europe?

Offline ed1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #312 on: January 6, 2011, 11:05:23 pm »
It's working for me again now (on iPad and iPhone), but you're on Android, aren't you?

Yes, that's right.

Still mental for me. It's showing the Man Utd game on Sunday and a few random GameS in February. That's it.

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: January 7, 2011, 12:59:19 am »
just installed it and working fine,thanks.One question which might be stupid but is there anyway that I can change the time as I'm in Europe?

The problem's at your end, I'm afraid. As I live on the continent, too, all times are uploaded in CET. You need to figure out the timezone settings for your device.

Yes, that's right.

Still mental for me. It's showing the Man Utd game on Sunday and a few random GameS in February. That's it.

I'm afraid I can't help you at all with that. I don't have an Android device to try it with. The original calendar on Google Calendars is spot on, though.

On my iPhone at least, I needed to set up my Google Calendar sync as an Exchange account to get it to work properly. Unfortunately, that's about the only advice I can offer, other than to recommend you (and everyone else) use the icalx.com calendar in preference to the Google Calendar one if possible (Google Calendar is shit on a stick).

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #314 on: January 11, 2011, 09:41:33 am »
Excellent calendar thanks very much. Only thing is that it hasn't updated in a while i.e no mention of the Fulham match on the 26th January.
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: January 11, 2011, 09:45:53 am »
I installed the one from .tv and haven't had an issue since, if anyone is interested:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/fixtures/download

Pheeny

« Reply #316 on: January 11, 2011, 10:38:57 am »
The problem's at your end, I'm afraid. As I live on the continent, too, all times are uploaded in CET. You need to figure out the timezone settings for your device.

not sure what happened but it's now showing the correct times.

Pheeny

« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2011, 10:39:35 am »
Excellent calendar thanks very much. Only thing is that it hasn't updated in a while i.e no mention of the Fulham match on the 26th January.
or Blackpool :wave

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: January 11, 2011, 11:24:03 am »
Yeah. There seems to be a problem updating the dates/kick-off times of matches that have been rescheduled. I'm looking into it now.

Offline ed1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #319 on: January 11, 2011, 11:55:59 am »

I'm afraid I can't help you at all with that. I don't have an Android device to try it with. The original calendar on Google Calendars is spot on, though.

On my iPhone at least, I needed to set up my Google Calendar sync as an Exchange account to get it to work properly. Unfortunately, that's about the only advice I can offer, other than to recommend you (and everyone else) use the icalx.com calendar in preference to the Google Calendar one if possible (Google Calendar is shit on a stick).

So, I tried to synchronise my Desire with Outlook but the LFC fixtures are not copied across because for some retarded reason it won't work for imported Outlook calendars. However, I have found a workaround.  I have imported your LFC calendar to "my" Google calendar (rather than subscribed) .  The fixtures have now synced with my Desire.  Hurrah!!

I guess when fixtures dates/times change, I will not get an auto update as I have imported them? 

Thanks again for all your help.  Your comments got me thinking what kind of workaround might work and I found it.