Author Topic: The RAWK Gardening Thread. (All Questions Answered)  (Read 180993 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The RAWK Gardening Thread. (All Questions Answered)
« Reply #600 on: April 2, 2018, 04:16:44 pm »
Have you sorted those weeds out yet Sarge you big scruff?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: April 2, 2018, 05:26:04 pm »
Have you sorted those weeds out yet Sarge you big scruff?
:lmao
When he posted that before I immediately thought of you  ;D

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #602 on: April 2, 2018, 07:39:18 pm »
If it stopped raining for a bit I might.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: April 2, 2018, 08:45:20 pm »
My very first attempt at home Chilli growing is underway as my new Fab 4 mini heated Propagator arrived over the weekend.

Image below isn't mine obviously, as the seeds haven't germinated that quickly. :)

Sown 10 chilli seeds in each unit.  Sitting proudly on the conservatory window sill.

20 x Bhut Jolokia
10 x Carolina Reaper
10 x Trinidad Moruga Scorpion

I plan to have the unit switched on over night when its a bit colder but I think our conservatory keeps a steady temp of 20 degrees during the day at this time of year which I understand is enough for the chilli seeds to germinate, so can switch it off in the day so the seedlings don't fry.

Any expert chilli growers got any tips for success please?  :wave

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: April 2, 2018, 08:57:44 pm »
You're doing a good enough job yourself there mate.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: April 2, 2018, 10:00:33 pm »

Interesting varieties you've got there. I grew a load 2 years ago - most still in the freezer - usual stuff tho - Jalapeno's etc, plus scotch bonnets. Kids aren't big on chillies yet, tho they love my jerk chicken, which I try and do on a barbeque EVERY DAY THE SUN DECIDES TO FUCKING SHINE!

Compost, bit of vermiculite, decent sized pot - 8" should do it, don't over water (little but regular) - probably best watered from underneath as it attracts the roots downwards a bit more and makes it stronger but no issue really. Always try to collect rainwater, but again, not an issue with chillies i don't think, unlike blueberries say. Don't have to prune, keep an eye on the greenfly... just rub them away regularly. That's about it.

Anyone know the best company to use for tarmacking gardens?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #606 on: April 2, 2018, 10:10:06 pm »

Don't have a wank after touching them, unless its a sock wank.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: April 2, 2018, 10:10:27 pm »
I've bought some seed potatoes and a big box of fish blood and bone.

I've never heard of blood fish and bone to be used with potatoes, and just looked up my Alan Partridge Titchmarsh and no mention there either.
Grow Vegetables - by Alan Buckingham - No.

I have another two books somewhere, but I'm pretty sure they don't mention BFB. You can get a special fertilizer if you think it's necessary, but a bit of manure dug in might help a bit as it chits. edit: personally, I just think you stick them in the ground and have done with it.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2018, 10:15:55 pm by Filler. »

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: April 2, 2018, 10:17:45 pm »
Don't have a wank after touching them, unless its a sock wank.

Yeah. Wear gloves when picking.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #609 on: April 2, 2018, 10:21:02 pm »
Half way through creating a rockery on a small corner of my allotment, Rocks or stones in place and got the rest of the plants, I just need it to stop raining for a short time, also have potatoes to plant in the next week or so. Going to start my Tomato and Cucumber seeds in trays  as well this week
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: April 2, 2018, 10:33:14 pm »
Hardly anything of mine has sprouted so far. No tomatoes, cucumbers, nothing. Starting to do my head in, because I can't tell whether it's the suppliers crap seeds at fault from last year, or it's just the shit weather. Bit of both I think, which just makes it worse. Am so fucking behind it's not true, but this is the problem isn't it? If I wanted the garden I want, then I would have been out there today and the other day and the rest of the fucking days and in the snow and the frost working on it.

Three times now the sun has come out and flashed its knickers.

Just listen to her screams!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZyvYIYwLzTw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZyvYIYwLzTw</a>

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: April 2, 2018, 10:48:22 pm »
Hardly anything of mine has sprouted so far. No tomatoes, cucumbers, nothing. Starting to do my head in, because I can't tell whether it's the suppliers crap seeds at fault from last year, or it's just the shit weather. Bit of both I think, which just makes it worse. Am so fucking behind it's not true, but this is the problem isn't it? If I wanted the garden I want, then I would have been out there today and the other day and the rest of the fucking days and in the snow and the frost working on it.

Three times now the sun has come out and flashed its knickers.

Nature quite obviously isn't ready yet. You can't force her. Relax. :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: April 2, 2018, 10:56:35 pm »
My very first attempt at home Chilli growing is underway as my new Fab 4 mini heated Propagator arrived over the weekend.

Image below isn't mine obviously, as the seeds haven't germinated that quickly. :)

Sown 10 chilli seeds in each unit.  Sitting proudly on the conservatory window sill.

20 x Bhut Jolokia
10 x Carolina Reaper
10 x Trinidad Moruga Scorpion

I plan to have the unit switched on over night when its a bit colder but I think our conservatory keeps a steady temp of 20 degrees during the day at this time of year which I understand is enough for the chilli seeds to germinate, so can switch it off in the day so the seedlings don't fry.

Only grew chillies once, a couple of years ago. No idea what variety. Just chucked seeds into a takeaway box, put onto the window sill and forgot about it. They germinated fine, without extra heating. Ended up with way too many chili plants. They did get chillies too, but they also got some problem where the leaves would curl up and die, I think it was some form of malnutrition (they lived in shite soil in a tiny pot). Still have one of them.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: April 2, 2018, 11:05:56 pm »
Nature quite obviously isn't ready yet. You can't force her. Relax. :)

Newly bought marigold seeds... not bad. Last years - none. Things like that. Things aren't normal. Even my bees haven't come out yet. We live near lambs, and you should see the look in their eyes.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: April 2, 2018, 11:13:33 pm »
Newly bought marigold seeds... not bad. Last years - none. Things like that. Things aren't normal. Even my bees haven't come out yet. We live near lambs, and you should see the look in their eyes.
Everything seems 2 weeks behind mate. I've seen one bee when we had a glorious day about 10 days ago.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #615 on: April 3, 2018, 12:21:50 am »
....Even my bees haven't come out yet. We live near lambs, and you should see the look in their eyes.

My bees have been busy down here in Devon.

For the first time this year I checked on them a couple of weeks ago when it was really cold and thought I might have lost a hive, but last week on one of the rare sunny days so far this year, all three of my hives were active.

I think they were busy today too though it was a bit wet for them to be too adventurous.

I will probably open them up and have a good root around in the hives the week after next and stick the supers on.

We've certainly also had Queen Bumbles around about a month ago, a Queen wasp bashing our kitchen window after her long sleep, and even a Painted Lady type butterfly woke up in our rarely used front room on Saturday that I think it had been overwintering behind the curtains or some dark corner, so I carefully caught it and let it out to bask in the sun before going on its way.

Lambing is almost over here, it's all gone quite well although a couple of weeks ago with the snow it was looking tricky so Mangold Wurzels had to be put out in the fields for a few days which is a bizarre and slightly creepy sight in the dusk as they look like a load of severed heads lying on the ground as if the army of Ghengis or Vlad has just passed and done great slaughter.

But the plants and trees do seem to be slightly behind by a couple of weeks this year, our Magnolias haven't yet blossomed.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: April 3, 2018, 09:20:52 am »
Interesting varieties you've got there. I grew a load 2 years ago - most still in the freezer - usual stuff tho - Jalapeno's etc, plus scotch bonnets. Kids aren't big on chillies yet, tho they love my jerk chicken, which I try and do on a barbeque EVERY DAY THE SUN DECIDES TO FUCKING SHINE!

Compost, bit of vermiculite, decent sized pot - 8" should do it, don't over water (little but regular) - probably best watered from underneath as it attracts the roots downwards a bit more and makes it stronger but no issue really. Always try to collect rainwater, but again, not an issue with chillies i don't think, unlike blueberries say. Don't have to prune, keep an eye on the greenfly... just rub them away regularly. That's about it.

Anyone know the best company to use for tarmacking gardens?

Cheers for the reply Filler. That all makes sense

They are all really hot varieties of pepper as I want to have a go at making my own Hot Sauce with my own produce.

Only grew chillies once, a couple of years ago. No idea what variety. Just chucked seeds into a takeaway box, put onto the window sill and forgot about it. They germinated fine, without extra heating. Ended up with way too many chili plants. They did get chillies too, but they also got some problem where the leaves would curl up and die, I think it was some form of malnutrition (they lived in shite soil in a tiny pot). Still have one of them.

Once they had germinated did you transfer each seedling to separate pots?  Then re-pot again when they got bigger?

Did you always keep them indoors no matter how big did they got for you?

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: April 3, 2018, 10:51:42 am »

Once they had germinated did you transfer each seedling to separate pots?  Then re-pot again when they got bigger?

Did you always keep them indoors no matter how big did they got for you?

Yep, pot and re-pot once they are big enough.

I don't have any outdoor space, so they stay indoors. They do ok, but to be honest they would probably prefer a nice warm greenhouse and some fertiliser.

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #618 on: April 3, 2018, 06:40:18 pm »
I started my chillies off in February in a heated incubator.
I soak seeds in chamomile (Kamille) tea for 24 hours before I put them in soil.
I kept them at about 26C constantly. most showed signs of growing after 1 week, the rest after 2 weeks although not all seeds of a particular type grew. I used 5 seeds of each type, about 8 out of 13 all  5 grew.
They are now in individual pots (reduced to 3 of each type), suffering from too little light. I repaired the greenhouse yesterday (storm damage in winter) so they will now be there during the day, in the house at night. Cold (below5C) damages them, gets cold at night here.
In May, 2 of each type go in the soil in the greenhouse. I mix a few bags of tomato soil in.
I have found that in the ground in the greenhouse is better than pots in the greenhouse which is better, of course, than in the ground or in pots outside.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: April 4, 2018, 11:10:37 am »
Cheers for the replies lads.

Willi - Did you have your propagator heated from the very start?

I've got my propagator (unplugged) and seed pots sat above the radiator in our conservatory.  The central heating is on until about midnight when it automatically switches off.

I'm frightened to death of turning on the heated proapagator though as I don't want to fry the seeds.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: April 4, 2018, 11:59:07 am »

I pot mine on to a small pot once they have two sets of real leaves then pot on to a bigger pot later on when roots show at the bottom. Feed them tomato feed when they start to flower, about once a week.

Had a problem with fungus gnats last year, ended up treating them with HP solution which kills them off in the soil apparently.

I just did cayennes last year but have put some Habenero Fruit Burst and Fatali and some Lemon drops in this year, been in a week or so but not sprouting yet, tomatoes are coming up now though.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: April 4, 2018, 12:13:21 pm »
Nice one Ted

I'm a bit worried that i may have sown my seeds a little too deeply.

I had originally sowed them perfectly. 2 rows of 5 seeds in each pot, each seed in approx 1.5cm hole.

I then realised like a total idiot I had used the propagator pot lids to sow my seed!!    I transferred the compost and seeds in each pot to the correct posts.  The seeds are obviously no longer sown in perfect lines of 5 but I'm more worried the seeds may now be too deep into the compost now.

I suppose my question is - Will there be serious repercussions for sowing the seed too deep?

Hope this makes sense.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: April 4, 2018, 12:29:15 pm »
You want them no more than 1/2" deep I would think, I went about half a fingernail depth with last years lot, would have to check with the missus on these ones as she put them in.

Too deep and there is a chance they will rot I think.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: April 4, 2018, 01:24:28 pm »
You want them no more than 1/2" deep I would think, I went about half a fingernail depth with last years lot, would have to check with the missus on these ones as she put them in.

Too deep and there is a chance they will rot I think.

I think i'll give it 2 weeks and if i've got nothing i will get more seeds and sow them correct depth.

I'm sure out of the original 40 seeds a couple of them will be round about the correct depth.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: April 4, 2018, 10:23:13 pm »
Couple of the chillis just starting to sprout today, about 11 days after planting.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: April 4, 2018, 11:00:18 pm »
Can I just say... I grow the best weed known to man.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: April 4, 2018, 11:08:17 pm »
Can I just say... I grow the best weed known to man.

*applies for job of official 'taster'*
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: April 4, 2018, 11:31:36 pm »
It's taken about 10 years. The answer was a greenhouse.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: April 4, 2018, 11:41:52 pm »
It's taken about 10 years. The answer was a greenhouse.

I tried to grow it once but my other half has a spectacular talent for killing plants ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: April 5, 2018, 12:01:15 am »
I heard a rumour that May/June was going to be quite hot. It may be gossip..  but just saying. We're owed it I think ffs.

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #630 on: April 5, 2018, 08:29:44 pm »
My propagator is kept in a room I call 'my office', you could also call it the junk room. The temperature there is about 15-18C so yes, I switch the propagator heating on straight away. The propagator measures 60x40x25 including the see through placcy lid, is like a heated tray (sides insulated) with about 5cm of sand on top which i would think helps to maintain a reasonably constant temperature. The plug is a variable switch so I can adjust the temperature. The thermometer is on top of a pot so I don't go above 26C (recommended for Chillies is 28C) as, Buck Pete, as you say I don't want to fry them (a few years ago I did cook them, well none came up)
Filler, the neighbour has already asked about the coloured light in the office (which I don't think did much as it is just a cheapo LED blue-red light). In 2 years I will be retired and I intend experimenting with the 'variety' of plants then.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: April 5, 2018, 09:00:25 pm »
My propagator is kept in a room I call 'my office', you could also call it the junk room. The temperature there is about 15-18C so yes, I switch the propagator heating on straight away. The propagator measures 60x40x25 including the see through placcy lid, is like a heated tray (sides insulated) with about 5cm of sand on top which i would think helps to maintain a reasonably constant temperature. The plug is a variable switch so I can adjust the temperature. The thermometer is on top of a pot so I don't go above 26C (recommended for Chillies is 28C) as, Buck Pete, as you say I don't want to fry them (a few years ago I did cook them, well none came up)
Filler, the neighbour has already asked about the coloured light in the office (which I don't think did much as it is just a cheapo LED blue-red light). In 2 years I will be retired and I intend experimenting with the 'variety' of plants then.

Ta Willi

My propagator isn't as flash as your unfortunately.  No temp control or anything just plug and play. (see pic below)

Had it plugged in overnight as it got bloody cold and the central heating goes off at midnight.

I work from home so was able to move the whole unit into the sun in the conservatory today.

I really hope my Moruga Scorpions do well as they apparently yield a beautiful big colourful plant and fruit.  Although id take a few decent seedlings of any variety.

Only sown them 3 days ago so got a good week or so before i start panicking yet

Offline Willi

• Kopite
« Reply #632 on: April 5, 2018, 09:55:13 pm »
That looks good enough. The problem is always keeping a reasonably constant temperature without cooking them.
I always try different ones as well as the staple diet of Jalapeno, Cayenne and Habanero.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: April 5, 2018, 11:30:10 pm »
I don't use chemicals or lights on my er, weeds. Am very conscious of writing stuff about this on here ;D, but I don't do anything. Full height at maturity is 14" with this particular variety of mine - I don't know the name of it - bumped into an old friend 10 years back and was talking to him about what I was growing in my small 10x4m garden - spuds carrots etc, and he brought up these seeds and then one day, he threw a bag of them over my back gate and texted me. 7 years of meh, and a bit of a shrug - literally nothing some years, but I kept the strain going. I haven't bought weed for about 17 years, and 4 of these EASILY do me. Still got weed from three years ago. Greenhouse= job done. Without a greenhouse I was taking these pots up the garden to get sun every day and bringing them indoors every night for months which was a fucking boring thing to do. I would do that for my blueberry bush no problem... but not weed.

Am still at the dreaming stage of building a new greenhouse. I've designed it, know where it's going to go etc, but it's 4 x 3.6m and along the 4m south facing wall will be the main planting area going straight into earth 80cm depth to wall. It's the reason I want to build one probably. I'll still be planting exactly the same number of 'weeds' in there, but they'll be surrounded by glory. Top tip from Monty Don which I really liked... if you want to grow grapes, which I do (I don't really like grapes, but I like wine), plant them outside the greenhouse and then train them indoors. Loved that. Grapes, italian tomatoes, peaches... I want electrics/lights in there... I'll be as happy as a pig in shit in the evenings.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tbU3zdAgiX8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tbU3zdAgiX8</a>

I grow about 4 of them each year. 4 or 5 of those does me. I've still got some from 3 years ago.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: April 11, 2018, 03:40:58 pm »
40 Chilli seeds and nearly 9 days. Still nothing.

In a propagator in a conservatory with a steady temp of between 18-22 degrees.  Lots of light. Lightly watered with spray bottle to keep soil moist

come on you fuckers!!

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #635 on: April 11, 2018, 03:58:19 pm »
.... Top tip from Monty Don which I really liked... if you want to grow grapes, which I do (I don't really like grapes, but I like wine), plant them outside the greenhouse and then train them indoors.

Well worth it.

In the garden of our last house (30 years ago now) we had a small wooden greenhouse with a vine inside with the roots outside.

It had been planted I suppose 60 years ago now by the previous owner.

No idea what species of vine it was but it was fantastic, huge bundles of plump white grapes each summer and the roots being outside meant you didn't have watering problems.

We really miss it and intend to grow one soon'ish in the spare smaller greenhouse within our garden once I get our new big one built, hopefully in the next few months.

Incidentally, a tip the original owner told us, which I suppose Monty probably couldn't say on TV, is to bury any dead animals like pets or roadkill (like badgers) down by the roots as apparently grape vines really thrive with a good blood and bone meal.

A quick edit, it's just dawned on me that I have noticed that Monty's dog Nigel is looking like he's slowing down and I expect he might end up being buried in his garden and it wouldn't surprise me if it's somewhere in close proximity to his vine...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 04:17:15 pm by The Gulleysucker »
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: April 15, 2018, 06:54:22 pm »
Chilli seedlings are starting to appear after around 12 days. Happy days :)

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: April 16, 2018, 01:04:57 am »
A quick edit, it's just dawned on me that I have noticed that Monty's dog Nigel is looking like he's slowing down and I expect he might end up being buried in his garden and it wouldn't surprise me if it's somewhere in close proximity to his vine...

;D

I have a feeling that Monty Don DID mention something about that! But that did make me chuckle ;D

Enjoyed his 'Down To Earth' book. I don't really like dogs, and I think it was those cutaways that put me off Monty Don as much as anything else, but his book had some really good words in there about it all.

One day, I hope to start asking you more questions about keeping bees, but I'm way off it right now. I need to get to a stage where I can go 'right, now I want to keep bees', but it's very difficult. Wife and I are at total odds and it ain't helping. Not bees - just everything  :D

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: April 20, 2018, 11:53:43 pm »
There's a huge fine tree out the front of our house near the pavement and for about two weeks every year, it's filled with the most beautiful pink blossom. Since that hard cold spell, things have taken a hit all over my garden, and I was really worried about this tree. It was a glorious signifier to spring, and for ages now, have wondered if the blossom was going to take a year off, but this morning it woke up, and I'm hoping it will be in full splendour this weekend.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: April 21, 2018, 12:30:52 am »
There's a huge fine tree out the front of our house near the pavement and for about two weeks every year, it's filled with the most beautiful pink blossom. Since that hard cold spell, things have taken a hit all over my garden, and I was really worried about this tree. It was a glorious signifier to spring, and for ages now, have wondered if the blossom was going to take a year off, but this morning it woke up, and I'm hoping it will be in full splendour this weekend.
What is it Rob?
Enjoy it while it lasts anyway, my Magnolia finally bloomed on Thursday and started shedding heaving on Friday.

Sarge - what is that makes Magnolia's so weak?