Author Topic: Help needed – Hillsborough Memorial Tribute – London to Liverpool over Easter?  (Read 5742 times)

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
That's a fabulous creation: it really does deserve a place somewhere at the club, perhaps in the museum? Not only is it a great tribute to the 96, but it also commemorates the 20th anniversary - and it shows that Hillsborough is remembered around the world.
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
Koparoo - have you found my email address.....?? It does sound like I can take it for you from your PM :)

I'm not very good at this - I can't spot your email address... email me on Carlcwilson@gmail.com

ta
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
That's a fabulous creation: it really does deserve a place somewhere at the club, perhaps in the museum? Not only is it a great tribute to the 96, but it also commemorates the 20th anniversary - and it shows that Hillsborough is remembered around the world.

cheers mate

It's really important that we spread the message. It's finally time to fix things that should have been sorted a long time ago. We can't imagine what it would be like to have someone amongst the 96...

We are close to resolving this small matter in the overall scheme of things . Thanks to all RAWKites.

JFT96
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline ladym98

• Main Stander
Gottcha Koparoo :D

Morning Loon *waves*  :P

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
I'd assume that someone at the club could arrange to store this somewhere until it's collected - presumably Armin (Matt) could arrange this? :)
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline liverboy74

• Main Stander
That is one outstanding piece of work, hope it makes it.
'If a player isn't interfering with play or seeking to gain an advantage, then he should be !'

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
I'll certainly do anything I can to help :)

Congratulations to everyone involved in this. A fantastic tribute.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...

Look I don’t know whether anyone can help – but…

We need some way of getting a 5kg parcel from central London to Wallasey (or central Liverpool) by Easter Tuesday morning.

Has anyone got any bright ideas?

If you haven't got this sorted yet and if you can get it as far as south Cheshire or even into Staffordshire, I'd be happy to meet up with someone and take it the rest of the way. I'll be going to the game tomorrow and will be going to the service on Tuesday so could go early to get it to where it needs to be by mid morning.

Just let me know.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
If you haven't got this sorted yet and if you can get it as far as south Cheshire or even into Staffordshire, I'd be happy to meet up with someone and take it the rest of the way. I'll be going to the game tomorrow and will be going to the service on Tuesday so could go early to get it to where it needs to be by mid morning.

Just let me know.

That is very kind. We are hoping that LadyMarmalade or someone else can take it up from London tomorrow to Liverpool. Everyone has been so helpful.

Hope that all those that go on Wednesday will appreciate it - and understand that Reds all over the world feel the sorrow of the families and friends that occurs every year at this time. We'd be there if we could...

YNWA
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Gottcha Koparoo :D

Morning Loon *waves*  :P

W
Hi we've sent you an email - hopefully you can get us your phone number and we'll happily phone you from Oz. If you haven't received it please pm me.

...and thanks
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Hi to all

I think that we ARE sorted! :D :D :D

I'd really like to thank all the Rawkites who read and responded to this plea. Speaking as someone from the other side of the world, it's amazing to instantly be able tap into such a wealth of like-minded individuals who "get" the importance of this Wednesday's anniversary.

I've had an avalanche of people willing to help in some way and with suggestions. It now looks like Ladymarmalade/ladym98 will take it up by train overnight - and then we've got someone to meet her. Absolutely brilliant!

You should all be thanked for your efforts - including (...but not only...) -

longtimered;
    H-H;
    Fat Scouser;
    Pheeny;
    vanoord;
    Armin;
    shanks1965;
    Tiger Tony;
    Imperator:
    Curly Tom;

and all the others who've taken time to help!

Hopefully it will all be worthwhile on Wednesday when the families realise that we are all thinking of them.

YNWA and JFT96

(Now I just hope we thump Blackburn and do ourselves proud at Stamford Bridge! :scarf)
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
mods - you can close this thread now - thanks!!
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Thanks all -

It is now 1:15AM here so we are signing off - happy in the knowledge that the baton has been passed successfully... cheers Ladym98 and all the other RAWKites who responded.

JFT96

Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Nice one. I knew it would get solved and if I ever get back down to Australia I will try and catch a game in Melbourne. I only ever went to Sydney, but I think I'll have to have a go at Melbourne next time round.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
You'd be more than welcome FS :)
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Ta mate. I enjoyed Sydney, bit too hot for me. I was there in January. I worked the markets down there, Paddies and Bondi Junction. I was selling a mop which was handy as I was leaving puddles behind me. I used to watch the games in some pub on George st. Forget the name, Cheers? And the Cogee Bay hotel. I had the chance to go to Melbourne for a wee break but stayed in Sydney working. Worked the Royal Sydney Show, that week. But will definetely pop in if I go again.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
I love RAWK at times like this. Excellent work boys and girls :)

Offline livergal

• Kemlynite
Well done ladym.  I knew someone would be able to help, it's too important not to reach it's intended destination.     

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
Any news on this yet?
Ooops sorry just clicked on the link and didnt have second page, well done to everyone who sorted this, it amazes me sometimes how people in times like this help one another.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 06:45:55 pm by kev_goss »
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
Brilliant news YNWA.

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
I love RAWK at times like this. Excellent work boys and girls :)

Really is amazing.

What a fantastic piece of work also!! Well done all!!
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
Only just saw this.
If anything happens and you can't get it here.
I'll pick it up from Chester and bring it back to Liverpool on Tuesday if longtimered can still get it there.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
Any progress reports?
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
Any progress reports?

Hopefully Koparoo will post an update in good time, fingers crossed everything went smoothly.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Hi everyone

So far so good!

Well the artwork arrived in London late Friday afternoon (a little later than planned) and was safely picked up in London on Friday night and handed over early on Saturday morning by the very kind Ladym8 (who got her just reward several hours later by sitting in the glorious Spring sunshine while watching our boys twat Fat Sam's mob!!!).

Thanks so much Dawn - absolutely brilliant stuff! :wave :wave :wave

Next step:

The guy who is mounting/framing it (Ian Boult from CDC Group in Wallasey) will be taking it to his factory on Tuesday morning and then it should be transported to the club later today local time by their driver (who is a red and has volunteered to do it :scarf).

Brian Hall (the LFC PR Head) has promised that it will be in the Centenary Stand where the families and fans gather before and after the service - so hopefully a few of you will get to see it first-hand (we'd welcome any comments!) and maybe the rest of us will see it in the background of a photo or two.

Brian they were also considering that it would be placed where other fans could see it at the remaining matches (presumably also in the Centenary Stand?). So hopefully more should see it then.

So as I said, so far so good! There really is just so much goodwill by Liverpool fans everywhere to contribute in some small way to this important anniversary for everyone involved with the club.

Many, many of us around the world will be there in spirit at this sad occasion.

YNWA
JFT96

Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
As I mentioned earlier we were inundated with offers of help - so thank you to everyone at RAWK.

Makes you proud to be a red...
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline MattLFC08

• Forgetful nose poker-inner - Who Must Try Harder!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
Well done to all involved in this project, from start to finish :wellin
"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Bill Shankly (2 September 1913 – 29 September 1981)

Offline ladym98

• Main Stander
Well the artwork arrived in London late Friday afternoon (a little later than planned) and was safely picked up in London on Friday night and handed over early on Saturday morning by the very kind Ladym8 (who got her just reward several hours later by sitting in the glorious Spring sunshine while watching our boys twat Fat Sam's mob!!!).

Thanks so much Dawn - absolutely brilliant stuff! :wave :wave :wave

:-[  :-[

Aw shucks thanks!! (sorry, only just seen this) It really was no problem at all, very happy to help :) Looking forward to seeing pictures of it all nicely framed at the memorial service tomorrow!

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
:-[  :-[

Aw shucks thanks!! (sorry, only just seen this) It really was no problem at all, very happy to help :) Looking forward to seeing pictures of it all nicely framed at the memorial service tomorrow!

Well done Dawn......everyone owes you a sherbert.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Legacy Fan
At the service yesterday the artwork was mentioned, but there was no sign of it from where I was in the Main stand. Anyone tell us where it is?

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Legacy Fan
Is the answer to the question in the above post already out there somewhere and I've missed it?

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
^^

Maybe it wasn't on display because of the poor weather.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Had no confirmation where it ended up.

We were told it would be in the Centenary Stand "where the families gathered before and after the service" - any confirmation?

Did anyone see it?
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Legacy Fan
It was mentioned during the service - so presumably arrived at the ground, but it wasn't visible from the Main stand. Maybe as Alloy says the weather bothered the organisers. It was a bit windy and they may not have been able to secure it.