Author Topic: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares  (Read 306226 times)

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
Re: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares
« Reply #320 on: April 4, 2009, 05:31:22 pm »
Am i right in thinking him defaulting is a good thing for us? RBS will not want to refinance the loan that is on the holding company and therefore they could end up owning us for a short period before it is sold on. As the loan is on the holding company, is we default on that then only the holding company will suffer, not Liverpool of Hicks.

Or is that because he only defaulted on the interest payments, RBS will not really care as much and make they're own decision?

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: April 4, 2009, 07:19:55 pm »
Not sure , best ask ttnbd mate , but like I say it wont come to that . . .

I wouldn't hold yer breath. TTNBD has been nothing other than a Hicks apologist of late and cannot be relied upon for financial impartiality any more.

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #322 on: April 4, 2009, 08:14:34 pm »
Lardarse and the poison dwarf are wriggling and squirming as the noose tightens,tick tock,tick tock.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline OneKop

• Kopite
« Reply #323 on: April 4, 2009, 08:24:33 pm »
Quite a few Financial ITK's seem to have disappeared out of sight for some reason :o

And here was i, beginning to believe how easy it was all going to be for Hick's and his great LBO masterplan.

{well all the financial eggheads kept telling me} thought it was just me being a bit thick thinking he was up shit creek without a paddle.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #324 on: April 4, 2009, 09:07:28 pm »
I wouldn't hold yer breath. TTNBD has been nothing other than a Hicks apologist of late and cannot be relied upon for financial impartiality any more.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: April 4, 2009, 09:08:34 pm »
Quite a few Financial ITK's seem to have disappeared out of sight for some reason :o

And here was i, beginning to believe how easy it was all going to be for Hick's and his great LBO masterplan.

{well all the financial eggheads kept telling me} thought it was just me being a bit thick thinking he was up shit creek without a paddle.

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: April 4, 2009, 11:06:25 pm »
Hicks debt woes could hit Benitez plans at Liverpool

By Daniel King Last updated at 10:27 PM on 04th April 2009

Rafa Benitez faces a block on his summer spending plans, or even having to sell players, after the latest twist in the club's ownership saga.

News from America that co-owner Tom Hicks has defaulted on £350million of loans connected to his US sporting empire makes it even more likely that the Royal Bank of Scotland and fellow lender Wachovia will refuse to refinance the Liverpool-related debts of Hicks and George Gillett when the deadline comes in July.

This would force a change of ownership overseen by the RBS, who are now effectively owned by the Government after their own financial disaster.

The bank would have the power not only to stop incoming transfers until it was clear their loans would be repaid, but also to insist on star names like Fernando Torres being offloaded to bring in cash if new owners did not come on board quickly.

As a stand-alone business, Liverpool are in relatively healthy shape, as shown by the willingness to hand lucrative new contracts to Benitez, Steven Gerrard and Dirk Kuyt.

But the spectre of the debt taken on by Hicks and Gillett when they bought the club in 2007 continues to overshadow matters.

It is believed that RBS will consider refinancing the £350m loan facility - of which about £280m has been used - only if the Americans repay a significant chunk of it.

The news about Hicks, for all his bullishness, suggests he would struggle to do so.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1167535/Hicks-debt-woes-hit-Benitez-plans-Liverpool.html
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: April 4, 2009, 11:15:43 pm »
Hicks debt woes could hit Benitez plans at Liverpool

By Daniel King Last updated at 10:27 PM on 04th April 2009

Rafa Benitez faces a block on his summer spending plans, or even having to sell players, after the latest twist in the club's ownership saga.

News from America that co-owner Tom Hicks has defaulted on £350million of loans connected to his US sporting empire makes it even more likely that the Royal Bank of Scotland and fellow lender Wachovia will refuse to refinance the Liverpool-related debts of Hicks and George Gillett when the deadline comes in July.

This would force a change of ownership overseen by the RBS, who are now effectively owned by the Government after their own financial disaster.

The bank would have the power not only to stop incoming transfers until it was clear their loans would be repaid, but also to insist on star names like Fernando Torres being offloaded to bring in cash if new owners did not come on board quickly.

As a stand-alone business, Liverpool are in relatively healthy shape, as shown by the willingness to hand lucrative new contracts to Benitez, Steven Gerrard and Dirk Kuyt.

But the spectre of the debt taken on by Hicks and Gillett when they bought the club in 2007 continues to overshadow matters.

It is believed that RBS will consider refinancing the £350m loan facility - of which about £280m has been used - only if the Americans repay a significant chunk of it.

The news about Hicks, for all his bullishness, suggests he would struggle to do so.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1167535/Hicks-debt-woes-hit-Benitez-plans-Liverpool.html

This was always in the post ever since it was clear they couldn't afford a new stadium etc.  Can rem some pathetically waxing lyrical about all sorts of excuses such as protection of Stanley Pk wildlife etc.  The end game is approaching, and we need to hold our nerve and hope things turn out positive. 

Worst thing of course is going into receivership.  But at least this will mean these two fuck off.  Would accept the 10 point pen or whatever it is if it resulted in these two leeches fucking off.  Plus what a bonus it'd be to witness them lose the club without making a profit after being greedy bastards last yr when there were buyers in the frame.

Get the fuck out of our club.

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: April 4, 2009, 11:31:50 pm »
This was always in the post ever since it was clear they couldn't afford a new stadium etc.  Can rem some pathetically waxing lyrical about all sorts of excuses such as protection of Stanley Pk wildlife etc.  The end game is approaching, and we need to hold our nerve and hope things turn out positive. 

Worst thing of course is going into receivership.  But at least this will mean these two fuck off.  Would accept the 10 point pen or whatever it is if it resulted in these two leeches fucking off.  Plus what a bonus it'd be to witness them lose the club without making a profit after being greedy bastards last yr when there were buyers in the frame.

Get the fuck out of our club.

Too right. That Stanley Park Bird sanctuary was a laugh wasn't it? :D  These guys think the fans are simpletons, but then again they had such a soft ride to ownership, didn't they, who can blame them? Due diligence effectively completed in 2 or 3 days?

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #329 on: April 4, 2009, 11:34:35 pm »

you're obsessed with me aren't you?  Why do you hate me so much?  Get rid of that chip on your shoulder before it makes you lopsided.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #330 on: April 4, 2009, 11:36:46 pm »

You'll probably find that we've all been at the game today or not on the internet.  Besides why bother responding to a bunch of spoilt brats who won't change their mind no matter what they are told.

He never walked alone

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #331 on: April 4, 2009, 11:37:32 pm »
Too right. That Stanley Park Bird sanctuary was a laugh wasn't it? :D  These guys think the fans are simpletons, but then again they had such a soft ride to ownership, didn't they, who can blame them? Due diligence effectively completed in 2 or 3 days?

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!

You would make a good Peggy Mitchell with that last line

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #332 on: April 4, 2009, 11:43:07 pm »
It's hardly public opinion thought is it? A few hundred of us on internet forums slagging off a couple of American businessmen. If you think that RBS will care about that you are going to be disappointed big time. They won't give a toss. All they care about is if the loan is being serviced and if it will continue to do so in the future. I won't be surprised to see them getting an extension again. I'm so sick of getting my hopes up that I've stopped even worrying about it anymore and I'm just concentrating on supporting the team. Talking of which, it's 90 mins till kick off, time to go.
I beg to differ.  It is public opinion.  Do not count football fans. "count tax payers" whos money goes into the banks who use that to "invest" etc. 

I can fully understand you are sick of false dawns.  I am myself.  It does not stop me hoping for the future.  I was sick of conceding goals at half time in Istanbul ;) .   

Its been quite a while since the "hicks defenders association" have posted round these parts. Or at lease posted generic BS.

Allot of respect is due to 4pool.  The lad stands his ground and is never afraid to post what he feels (which i beleive is genuine and value allot more).  Pitty the rest are so reserved over the last few days, what will we do without the "expert" opinions?

BTW I'm not an expert.
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #333 on: April 4, 2009, 11:44:15 pm »
You'll probably find that we've all been at the game today or not on the internet.  Besides why bother responding to a bunch of spoilt brats who won't change their mind no matter what they are told.
Where you at the match yesterday

What they are told? 
« Last Edit: April 4, 2009, 11:46:14 pm by fry »

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #334 on: April 4, 2009, 11:50:51 pm »
Where you at the match yesterday

yep, just got in 20 minutes ago.  time for curry, rice and highlights of the match.

He never walked alone

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #335 on: April 4, 2009, 11:51:54 pm »
yep, just got in 20 minutes ago.  time for curry, rice and highlights of the match.
You should have got some nann :D

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #336 on: April 4, 2009, 11:53:43 pm »
You should have got some nann :D

it's straight out of the freezer (via the microwave of course) so no time to get any nann.  Shame really, could do with one.  Ah well maybe next time.

He never walked alone

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #337 on: April 4, 2009, 11:54:48 pm »
it's straight out of the freezer (via the microwave of course) so no time to get any nann.  Shame really, could do with one.  Ah well maybe next time.
You could always squash some bread and use your imagination.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: April 4, 2009, 11:57:14 pm »
On the back of the papers segment on skysports news they showed an exclusive from a paper saying the owners are now ready to sell to the kuwaities

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: April 4, 2009, 11:58:51 pm »
Back of the Daily Express tomorrow says we are about to be sold for 450m to arabs. Picture looked like Al Kharafi. Might be bull shit.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: April 4, 2009, 11:59:02 pm »

What do you mean by this?

Is this in reference to what 'you' told everyone?  If it is then you've a very high opinion of yourself.  We're all 'spoilt brats' who simply won't believe you?

Should we ignore the stories coming about about the financial predicament the owners are in?

Should we ignore all the stories re the owners in the press?

Should we simply defer to you?

Oh dear, we won't change our mind & realise that Mssrs Hicks and Gillet are actually messiahs.

What are we to do?

Woe are we.

Get a grip ffs.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #341 on: April 5, 2009, 12:06:25 am »
Back of the Daily Express tomorrow says we are about to be sold for 450m to arabs. Picture looked like Al Kharafi. Might be bull shit.
Dont be so silly, we all have been told there is nobody waiting in the wings. ;)

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: April 5, 2009, 12:14:13 am »
Dont be so silly, we all have been told there is nobody waiting in the wings. ;)

Yes you are right Fry mate, how stupid of me even to suggest the possibility. ;)
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline electricghost

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: April 5, 2009, 12:27:26 am »
This is the story I saw but it has been taken from the Sunday Express.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/75516/Kuwaitis-up-to-buy-Reds/

Liverpool are edging closer to a £450 million Middle East take-over which would give Kop boss Rafa Benitez more transfer funds.

Talks between American co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to sell all or a majority of their Anfield investment to a mega-rich Kuwait family are very advanced .

Despite denials, Nasser Al Kharafi – who is worth £9bilion – is closing in on a deal to become the new owner of the club.

His nephew Rafed Al Kharafi, who has attended recent Liverpool games as a guest of the club along with his chief negotiator Abdulla Al-Sago, are confident of striking a deal in the coming weeks.

What hasn’t been finalised is what percentage of the club the Kuwaitis will end up with.

While Gillett has given an indication he will sell all of his holding for the right price, it’s Hicks would like to still be involved – and could end up with 25 per cent of the club.

The pair, who are facing a July deadline to refinance a £350m loan that secured their ownership, now value the club at £500m.

They know that, without a huge cash injection, the planned new stadium would have to remain on the back-burner and Benitez would be handicapped in the transfer market.

That’s why the interest from Kuwait has been encouraged.
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #344 on: April 5, 2009, 12:30:13 am »
If true we can only hope they are better than G&H (I'm sure they must be) but we haven't really got much to go on have we.
Price seems a bit high though, might be BS.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #345 on: April 5, 2009, 12:36:29 am »
If true we can only hope they are better than G&H (I'm sure they must be) but we haven't really got much to go on have we.
deffo, we have been burned by H+G.  Its good to remember the scars when accepting new owners.  Price is pretty high but recent events with hicks could just be what the DR ordered.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: April 5, 2009, 12:37:29 am »

They couldn't be much worse.

Hicks would like to still be involved – and could end up with 25 per cent of the club.

The pair, who are facing a July deadline to refinance a £350m loan that secured their ownership, now value the club at £500m.

They know that, without a huge cash injection, the planned new stadium would have to remain on the back-burner and Benitez would be handicapped in the transfer market.

That’s why the interest from Kuwait has been encouraged.

Why won't this cancer just fuck off?  He obviously has no intention (or can't affortd it) of investing personal wealth in the team.  He fucked up big style last summer by trying to hold potential buyers to a ridiculously high price.  Now the fat cnuts been bit by the fall out from credit crunch (fuckin hate that phrase).  Just fuck off you obnoxious fat greedy bastard.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: April 5, 2009, 12:38:30 am »
deffo, we have been burned by H+G.  Its good to remember the scars when accepting new owners.  Price is pretty high but recent events with hicks could just be what the DR ordered.

Definitely what this fuckin' Dr. ordered.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #348 on: April 5, 2009, 12:39:16 am »
They couldn't be much worse.

Why won't this cancer just fuck off?  He obviously has no intention (or can't affortd it) of investing personal wealth in the team.  He fucked up big style last summer by trying to hold potential buyers to a ridiculously high price.  Now the fat cnuts been bit by the fall out from credit crunch (fuckin hate that phrase).  Just fuck off you obnoxious fat greedy bastard.
the words credit crunch is beginning to be as annoying as the term WMD.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #349 on: April 5, 2009, 12:40:53 am »
Definitely what this fuckin' Dr. ordered.
perhaps you can send hicks a prescription.

Offline bonzer red

• Main Stander
« Reply #350 on: April 5, 2009, 12:42:00 am »
although it is CL week again, these rumours always make an appearance when we are due to play an important game.

we can still hope though
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say, 'We're Liverpool'.”

Bill Shankly

Offline Khal

• Kopite
« Reply #351 on: April 5, 2009, 12:42:06 am »
Excuse my ignorance but how reliable is the Sunday Express?

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #352 on: April 5, 2009, 12:43:05 am »
Excuse my ogmorance but how reliable is the Sunday Express?
how reliable is actual words from hicks mouth

Offline Khal

• Kopite
« Reply #353 on: April 5, 2009, 12:45:39 am »
pricks is a lying fat B, just wondering if the Sunday Express have something or just running on the back of pricks loan default.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: April 5, 2009, 12:48:58 am »
perhaps you can send hicks a prescription.

Tourniquet required, any volunteers.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2009, 01:01:09 am by Dr. Beaker »
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: April 5, 2009, 12:51:29 am »
The figures can't be right, which kind of throws the whole thing into doubt, for me.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: April 5, 2009, 12:57:09 am »
Despite what spins Hicks puts out over defaulting on his loans,this can only be a GOOD thing for us,Banks on BOTH sides of the "Pond" will be monitoring the situation,despite what world Hicks lives in,missing a Loan Payment can't be a POSTIVE,only people WHO have financial troubles MISS LOANS,people who are awash with Money DON'T miss loan payments!!

Offline bonzer red

• Main Stander
« Reply #357 on: April 5, 2009, 01:06:19 am »
Despite what spins Hicks puts out over defaulting on his loans,this can only be a GOOD thing for us,Banks on BOTH sides of the "Pond" will be monitoring the situation,despite what world Hicks lives in,missing a Loan Payment can't be a POSTIVE,only people WHO have financial troubles MISS LOANS,people who are awash with Money DON'T miss loan payments!!

do you believe that there is someone out there who will buy us Gedo, if they don't get a refinance
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say, 'We're Liverpool'.”

Bill Shankly

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: April 5, 2009, 01:10:57 am »
I very rarely post in this thread.

These pair of lying Bastards DELIBERATELY leak lies!!

Offline OneKop

• Kopite
« Reply #359 on: April 5, 2009, 01:16:49 am »

Yep, count me in as a spoilt brat that wont change my mind no matter what i am told.

MY mind says that Hick's has wanted out since day one, just needed to get a good enough profit. - keep getting told that he is not after selling but is here for the long term.

MY mind keeps saying that Hick's has got his numbers wrong, and that there are not all these untold millions upon millions to be made from owning us {not with the level of debt we are in} - keep getting told that when the new stadium is built it will just be like having a licence to print as much money as you want.

MY mind tells me that there are buyers out there, as long as the price is right. - keep getting told that we are fucked, no one is interested, they have all walked away {yet when the magical stadium is built, buyers will come in by the bus load}

MY mind has been telling me that Hick's is feeling the pinch, and that regardless of what a few would have me believe Hick's is NOT immune to the credit crunch. - Yet again people have been telling me that Forbes states his wealth at over one billion $$$$ and the guy has got money coming out of his lugholes.

MY mind keeps thinking that hey, this refinancing lark isn't so cut and dry as people are making out. - I keep getting told that basically the two sleazebuckets have just got to turn up, dot the i's and cross the t's, job's a good un.

Yep, I'm a spoilt brat that WONT believe everything I'm told, not unless I've had a bloody good think about it first.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.