Author Topic: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares  (Read 306047 times)

Offline southern scouse

• Kopite
Re: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares
« Reply #2800 on: May 15, 2009, 08:55:43 am »
Everytime they say they will be getting the 6 months extension its coming from their mouths, its them that are leaking that info, maybe it is a possibility and then what? In January all this shit all over again. Imagine we are top of the league in January and all this bollox is in the media every day again. Our team will lose its focus and we will be in the press for the wrong reasons again.

Nah its about time these two twats realised that they cannot afford to keep us, we will need even more money to be competing with the mancs, and quite frankly they havent got the ways and means for that to happen.

Take the offer on the table you pair of fuckwits and piss off and leave us alone once and for all

IF they get the extension, its another 6 months of guessing and instability at board/club level. lets see what the next few weeks bring.............................hopefully

Offline WaltonRed

• Oct 4th: Don't be stupid there are no buyers. Oct 6th: These buyers. I don't like them. Oct 8th: ???
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2801 on: May 15, 2009, 09:42:57 am »
I believe so............

But they are greedy fuckers and want more.

I dont believe for a single moment there is an offer on the table for anythign like the sums of money discussed here.   Its inconceivable that RBS would refinance if tehre was.  Various interested buyers might have made specific offers in the past but there is absolutely no reason to think that those offers still exist.

And what does it mean anyway?  Are we trying to suggest  that someone has made an offer and said come what may I will pay that price for the rest of eternity irrespective of events?  Why would anyone make an offer for a football club and leave taht offer open, unchanged, given that in 12 months time the club could be out of Europe, have no manager, the best players sold or injured etc  Its nonsense.

There are NO offers on the table or anywhere else and there havent been for some time.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2802 on: May 15, 2009, 09:47:10 am »
There are NO offers on the table or anywhere else and there havent been for some time.
Could their not be a offer on the table .. but it is well below the figure we are talking about ?

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2803 on: May 15, 2009, 09:57:02 am »
Walton, xerxes:  in full sync with you and the circles just go round and round and round.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #2804 on: May 15, 2009, 10:11:55 am »
Medium term status?
There's the financial side of the club and then there's the playing side.
Rafa has signed a new contract.
We have a good spine of the club.
We can afford 4-5-6 top players. And afford to have a squad of decent players.
Without a new stadium.
And we compete at the highest levels.
The difference for the future is Rafa is now in charge of tranfers and dealings for new players. He now is in charge of the youth set up. He wasn't before and look how well we've competed.
Any players thinking about changing clubs still sees LFC and Anfield as a great place to play. Rafa will continue to attrach top talent and find good bargains for the squad.
So we will continue to compete at the highest levels and we will bring Trophies home.
That to me is not and never has been --medium term status.

You have virtually written a prospectus for G&H staying put, and is typical of the malaised mindset that has run through some sections of the club post 80's.

We have not won the title for 19 years, and this was the first realistic challenge for a long time.Two FA Cups in the past 16 years, two league cups in the past 14 years and two European titles in the past 25 years.

In the Bundesliga 2008-9, NINE clubs had average attendances in excess of ours, in Spain Barca 75,235, Real Madrid 74,444, France ,Marseille 51,983,Italy, Ac Milan 57,946, Inter 52,851, Holland Ajax 46,374, Feyenoord 43,911 and the Old Firm of course in addition to the Mancs/ Arse/Geordies

Now I know capacity/ attendance isnt everything, but we have the 64th biggest stadium in Europe and are the 22nd best supported club .

"We will continue to  compete at the highest levels and we will bring Trophies home.
That to me is not and never has been --medium term status"

Really?

It all depends how you, or anyone, sees LFC. I agree that Rafa has done an excellent job, but he cannot defy gravity. I stick by my view that without a new stadium our medium term status wil decline. When Ronaldo / Ruud VN/ Rooney went to the Mancs, and Essien / Drogba /SWP went to Chelsea, we could not have afforded them.that situation will only get worse.

"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Rubblelfc

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2805 on: May 15, 2009, 10:45:18 am »
I feel as though I have just been kicked in the stones :'(

Please do not let this be true but I just found this:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/15/1266314/report-milan-poised-for-takeover-by-billionaire-ruler-of

The rumours that Milan were trying to sell stakes in the club first emerged in February, when it was alleged that Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the owner of Premier League side Manchester City, had started negotiations with the Rossoneri.

The club immediately rubbished the speculation, but La Gazzetta dello Sport today suggests president Silvio Berlusconi has now agreed to sell shares to Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and the Emir of Dubai.

It is claimed that Al Maktoum will pay around €500 million to take a 35 per cent stake in the Rossoneri.

And Berlusconi will reserve the right to sell off his remaining stakes for a whopping €10 billion over the next two years.

One of the Emir’s sons travelled to Milan for the Serie A match with Palermo last month and sat beside Diavoli vice president Adriano Galliani.

Sheik al Maktoum allegedly plans to build a new stadium and create a number of joint ventures in the peninsula. Reports have also suggested that Milan are in negotiations to have Fly Emirates, the national airline of Dubai, as their new shirt sponsor.

If only what might have been!!!!!!!!1

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #2806 on: May 15, 2009, 10:53:02 am »
This is just a bargaining ploy to panic G&H.

Honestly.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Sandblast

• Kopite
« Reply #2807 on: May 15, 2009, 10:58:53 am »
500 million euros is about 400 - 440 million quid, i think.

that seems a lot for a 35% stake.

probably a load of shite, nobody else is running with this story...yet.
" Don't let your heads drop. We're Liverpool. You're playing for Liverpool. Don't forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them. " Rafael Benitez 25th May 2005

Offline bonzer red

• Main Stander
« Reply #2808 on: May 15, 2009, 11:01:18 am »

It is claimed that Al Maktoum will pay around €500 million to take a 35 per cent stake in the Rossoneri.

And Berlusconi will reserve the right to sell off his remaining stakes for a whopping €10 billion over the next two years.

One of the Emir’s sons travelled to Milan for the Serie A match with Palermo last month and sat beside Diavoli vice president Adriano Galliani.

Sheik al Maktoum allegedly plans to build a new stadium and create a number of joint ventures in the peninsula. Reports have also suggested that Milan are in negotiations to have Fly Emirates, the national airline of Dubai, as their new shirt sponsor.

That don't seem right, prob just nonsense, and we think G & H have overpriced. for approx the same money he could buy us outright,
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say, 'We're Liverpool'.”

Bill Shankly

Offline Sandblast

• Kopite
« Reply #2809 on: May 15, 2009, 11:08:37 am »
another thing is it sounds more & more like wishful thinking from berlusconi's people.

how would berlusconi's stake be worth a "whopping 10 billion" over the next 2 years...?

fantasy island.
" Don't let your heads drop. We're Liverpool. You're playing for Liverpool. Don't forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them. " Rafael Benitez 25th May 2005

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #2810 on: May 15, 2009, 11:10:53 am »
I dont believe for a single moment there is an offer on the table for anythign like the sums of money discussed here.   Its inconceivable that RBS would refinance if tehre was.  Various interested buyers might have made specific offers in the past but there is absolutely no reason to think that those offers still exist.

And what does it mean anyway?  Are we trying to suggest  that someone has made an offer and said come what may I will pay that price for the rest of eternity irrespective of events?  Why would anyone make an offer for a football club and leave taht offer open, unchanged, given that in 12 months time the club could be out of Europe, have no manager, the best players sold or injured etc  Its nonsense.

Equally their is no proof that they have refinanced. Remember how bullish Hicks was last time they renegotiated? I find it worrying how quiet they both are actually.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2811 on: May 15, 2009, 11:13:49 am »

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/15/1266314/report-milan-poised-for-takeover-by-billionaire-ruler-of

The rumours that Milan were trying to sell stakes in the club first emerged in February, when it was alleged that Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the owner of Premier League side Manchester City, had started negotiations with the Rossoneri.

The club immediately rubbished the speculation, but La Gazzetta dello Sport today suggests president Silvio Berlusconi has now agreed to sell shares to Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and the Emir of Dubai.

500m Euro for 35%  .. ??? is the club worth that ? { nearly £1.5 billion euro }

Thought all Italian clubs were losing huge money every year and low attendances etc

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 11:18:06 am by rocco »

Offline woosies caddie

• Kemlynite
  • A bastion of invincibility
« Reply #2812 on: May 15, 2009, 11:15:21 am »
So, if this is to be believed he is willing to pay 400M for a 35% stake in AC Milan when he could have picked us up for 220M a few years back (or even now, apparentlly he could buy us in totality for 350 - 400M). So either he is a poor businessman (track record suggests otherwise) or this is total garbage.

I am not saying that he is'nt interested in buying AC Milan - but this report values them at over 1Billion - and apparently he is going to to build a stadium. And all of this during a global recession. Yeah right.

And I thought G&H were delusional in their valuation of us..........

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2813 on: May 15, 2009, 11:15:50 am »

The article looses all credibility when you look at the values. 500 million Euros for 35%? Thats values the club at £1.4 billion FFS! I doubt even the Mancs are worth that much, never mind AC Milan
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #2814 on: May 15, 2009, 11:33:06 am »
500m Euro for 35%  .. ??? is the club worth that ? { nearly £1.5 billion euro }
Thought all Italian clubs were losing huge money every year and low attendances etc

AC Milan averaged 57,946 lthis season. But you are right, the sums simply do not stack. Investing in Milan does, as you are not competing with the Manc city and u/ Chelsea/ money churning machines. the quoted figures are indeed nonsense.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline lakes

• Anny Roader
    • Thurrock Paranormal
« Reply #2815 on: May 15, 2009, 11:50:22 am »
not sure if this has been posted but it looks like the new laws on loans will be a loan can only ever be 40% of the clubs worth.
well that 3 of the top 4 in shit then.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2816 on: May 15, 2009, 12:07:55 pm »
not sure if this has been posted but it looks like the new laws on loans will be a loan can only ever be 40% of the clubs worth.

How would a club then build a new stadium? Even without the purchase debt we would therefore never be able to build a new stadium.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #2817 on: May 15, 2009, 12:10:06 pm »

which one is not in shit?

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2818 on: May 15, 2009, 12:35:06 pm »
which one is not in shit?

Probably Chelsea as Abrahamovich converted his debt into equity.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #2819 on: May 15, 2009, 12:40:14 pm »

yes but will be taking it out, so they are in as much shit if not more....

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #2820 on: May 15, 2009, 12:42:31 pm »

Doesn't Abrahamovich want to sell for £1, because there is almost a billion pound worth of debt?

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #2821 on: May 15, 2009, 12:43:56 pm »

40%, with the stadium we would be 200%

Honestly I have to ask, would banks really have loaned money for the stadium pre-credit crunch to Hicks and Gillett? And surely if Hicks was as close to Bush as is to be believed, why wasn't Hicks warned how bad this could get?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2822 on: May 15, 2009, 12:48:24 pm »
Abramovich is sitting on a piece of really prime London real estate - before the crash there were rumours he was going to move the club to a cheaper site and redevelop the SB site, or sell it to redevelopers. Didn't pay too much attention but I remember hearing it was the option that made the most financial sense. Would have been funny to have seen Chelsea end up in Woking.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2823 on: May 15, 2009, 12:49:03 pm »
yes but will be taking it out, so they are in as much shit if not more....

Not doubting that their financial situation is far from good, but on paper the debt has been removed if you believe the stories.

Doesn't Abrahamovich want to sell for £1, because there is almost a billion pound worth of debt?

There were stories that he was looking to sell to anyone who would take on the debt. Whether its was true or not who knows.

The debt I think was £700 million.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #2824 on: May 15, 2009, 12:57:00 pm »
How would a club then build a new stadium? Even without the purchase debt we would therefore never be able to build a new stadium.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #2825 on: May 15, 2009, 01:10:03 pm »
Abramovich is sitting on a piece of really prime London real estate - before the crash there were rumours he was going to move the club to a cheaper site and redevelop the SB site, or sell it to redevelopers. Didn't pay too much attention but I remember hearing it was the option that made the most financial sense. Would have been funny to have seen Chelsea end up in Woking.

That would be hilarious , plus they would have to change their name . . .  ;D

Woking City FC it is then  ;D
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2826 on: May 15, 2009, 01:11:04 pm »

They were looking at the site where Earls Court is, but it would be complicated as there is a London Underground depot under Earls Court
Thinking is overrated.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2827 on: May 15, 2009, 01:26:56 pm »
When will it come into effect .. they would have to give the clubs a lot of time imo .

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2828 on: May 15, 2009, 01:30:03 pm »
wouldn't the stadium add value/worth  to the club anyway ... say you borrow £250m for the stadium and it adds value of £300m to the club ?

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #2829 on: May 15, 2009, 01:48:54 pm »

Firstly, this is Goal.com which is about as useful as transfer rumours.com!

Secondly, if the owner of a club valued his club at £10 Billion (completely fanciful for a company whose turnover is no more than 0.5% of that value!), why would he sell 35% at £500M?

Utter bolloxs!

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #2830 on: May 15, 2009, 01:57:29 pm »

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2831 on: May 15, 2009, 02:12:06 pm »
wouldn't the stadium add value/worth  to the club anyway ... say you borrow £250m for the stadium and it adds value of £300m to the club ?

Depends what you value the club at.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2833 on: May 15, 2009, 03:07:05 pm »

I think that is regarding all debt with the exception of stadium debt. We could still build the stadium, but would have to rid the club of the purchase debt that Gillet and Hicks have saddled us with. Don't see a new stadium or being debt free happening anytime soon though :-\
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 03:09:33 pm by liverbnz »
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2834 on: May 15, 2009, 04:43:36 pm »
Depends what you value the club at.
Exactly , so a loan for a new stadium could both increase or decrease your 40% debit allowed v the value/worth of the club.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #2835 on: May 15, 2009, 04:58:34 pm »
Firstly, this is Goal.com which is about as useful as transfer rumours.com!

Secondly, if the owner of a club valued his club at £10 Billion (completely fanciful for a company whose turnover is no more than 0.5% of that value!), why would he sell 35% at £500M?

Utter bolloxs!

Ha ha, you're dead right mate, what a fucking load of bollocks. The source is the biggest load of shite in the universe and the suggestion is the biggest load of bollocks I've heard in since this saga started. 500 million Euro for a 35% stake, 10 billion for the remainder  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #2836 on: May 15, 2009, 05:57:56 pm »
Maybe they meant Lira? :)
Justice for the 96.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2837 on: May 15, 2009, 06:09:59 pm »
As everyone has said a load of bollox, even Goal.com now agree,

Milan Rule Out Takeover Bid
The Rossoneri have denied being in negotiations to sell stakes in the club.
15 May 2009 11:18:17
Silvio Berlusconi (Foto Grazia Neri)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Silvio Berlusconi (Foto Grazia Neri)
Related Links
Teams

* Milan

Reports in today’s edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport claim that Milan owner and Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is in talks to sell stakes in the Serie A giants to Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Emir of Dubai.

It is suggested that Sheikh Mohammed would take an initial 35 per cent stake with a view to seizing full control of the Rossoneri over the next two years.

But Milan have rushed to stop the rumour mill over the future of the club by releasing a statement on their official website.

“In relation to press reports regarding Fininvest selling off stakes in Milan, the club categorically and absolutely denies such allegations and there are no negotiations going on,” reads the note.

Last February, Milan also rejected speculation they were in talks with the Abu Dhabi United Group, which is controlled by Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

Vince Masiello, Goal.com
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline lakes

• Anny Roader
    • Thurrock Paranormal
« Reply #2838 on: May 15, 2009, 06:10:56 pm »
yep from what i understand the 40% thing will be put in place to stop all clubs getting in over their heads, indeed big clubs can live with such big debt but the smaller clubs end up going bust.
if a loan is taken out to build a new ground then the vaule of the club will go up, this means that the 40% is worth more money (based on the vaule of the club once the new ground it built).

dont for get of big buildings are bult and then only paid for once they are built, not sure how this would work in football but you could see clubs taking out a 20% loan for the new ground and pay the builders once the profit comes in once its built., or the builders hold a stake in the new ground and use that till they also make a profit and then had the stake back to the club.
there are ways of not takeing out 100% loans to bulid grounds.
I think that is regarding all debt with the exception of stadium debt. We could still build the stadium, but would have to rid the club of the purchase debt that Gillet and Hicks have saddled us with. Don't see a new stadium or being debt free happening anytime soon though :-\

Offline guyko21

• Kopite
« Reply #2839 on: May 15, 2009, 07:48:14 pm »

Clearly it's a typo and should be €1bn.

That doesn't make it any more or less plausible as an article, but I'd bet the journo meant €1bn, not €10bn.