Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1150719 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #18200 on: July 7, 2023, 05:46:40 pm »
Maybe quite late but for those who have answered all of my questions previously regarding on how to go from London - St Pancras International to Paris - Gare du Nord,

I truly truly appreciate aaallll of the answers, the tutorials, good lads here. Finally, I have bought a Eurostar tiiccckkkeeeetttt!!! Hahahahahah!!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

This is so exciting for someone who is going to Paris for the first time in my whole life. But this broke me. Hahahahah!!!

Regret: Was checking after I paid for the ticket online and hotel too, Amsterdam price was much much cheaper aaarrrggghhh!!!!

It's so far away than Paris from London but it's much much cheaper. Bloody hell!!! But feck it, I have paid for it. Broke, but I will enjoy as much as I can.

I am going to Paarrrrisss hahahhaha!!!  ;D  ;D  **Don't get me wrong, maybe for you this is nothing but for someone who is from across the globe, this means A LOT.

Massive, lads. Have a great day, good people of Liverpool. Love all of you so much.

If you fancy blasting around Europe you should have a look at the eurail passes

You might even be able to get them cheaper than they are on the eurail site, have a look at this link first & then google for cheapest.

https://www.seat61.com/how-to-use-a-eurail-pass.htm  (Yank site but explains how it works)

https://www.eurail.com/en/eurail-passes
« Last Edit: July 7, 2023, 05:50:45 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18201 on: July 7, 2023, 06:30:08 pm »
Good for you NarutoReds, but beware of Paris Syndrome - i.e overinflated expectations which can't be met. Don't expect too much. It's not quite as romantic and beautiful as its made out to be in popular culture. Parts of it, like most cities, are trashy and you'll see squalor and behavioiur that'll make you cry Merde!
... just as you step into it.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18202 on: July 7, 2023, 10:11:13 pm »
Anyone use a herbal toothpaste they can recommend? My teeth have gone to shit and been advised to keep away from fluoride based stuff like Colgate, Aquafresh etc. Ideally something for no more than £6.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18203 on: July 7, 2023, 11:23:02 pm »
Anyone use a herbal toothpaste they can recommend? My teeth have gone to shit and been advised to keep away from fluoride based stuff like Colgate, Aquafresh etc. Ideally something for no more than £6.

Chew chalk.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18204 on: July 8, 2023, 09:34:54 am »
I have 2 gmail addresses. One for everyday kind of stuff and one I set up a while back when applying for jobs to keep it separate. Somehow that’s the one that’s also linked to some of my iPhone set up. I can’t remember the password for it. I have a new phone so when I try and go through any reset password type of instructions it just tells me I don’t have enough information and won’t let me do it. Any ideas how I can get it reset?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18205 on: July 8, 2023, 05:46:05 pm »
I have 2 gmail addresses. One for everyday kind of stuff and one I set up a while back when applying for jobs to keep it separate. Somehow that’s the one that’s also linked to some of my iPhone set up. I can’t remember the password for it. I have a new phone so when I try and go through any reset password type of instructions it just tells me I don’t have enough information and won’t let me do it. Any ideas how I can get it reset?
Google drives me nuts. As does MS for that matter.

Can you login in from your old phone or a computer? If so, is there an attempted login notification email from Google? If so, can you approve/verify the new device (your new phone)?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18206 on: July 8, 2023, 06:32:12 pm »
I'm sure there's a thing you can go to on your phone that tells you all your passwords for apps etc.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18207 on: July 8, 2023, 06:50:42 pm »
could be in icloud, go into settings and search passwords.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18208 on: July 8, 2023, 08:12:08 pm »

does this help?

After you select Forgot password and enter your username, we offer you recovery options in order to access your account. If you can't access these recovery options, you can click the link at the bottom of the page to verify your identity. You'll then be given a series of questions to verify that you own the account.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18209 on: July 8, 2023, 08:47:19 pm »
I don’t get that though Kenneth. Literally tells me it can’t help (or words to that effect).

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #18210 on: July 8, 2023, 08:51:31 pm »
I'm sure there's a thing you can go to on your phone that tells you all your passwords for apps etc.
When you go to a website you use, it will ask to auto fill your password… A pop up appears ..

On that yiu can see a little key (usually in the bottom right).

Click the key and you can see every website you’ve a password for.
Click on each one and you can see your password by clicking on the dots that obscure it from public view
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18211 on: July 8, 2023, 09:00:11 pm »
could be in icloud, go into settings and search passwords.

Thanks Claire. I did that. I can see what password it says I have for that gmail address. I type it in, and it says it’s incorrect. Then I’m stuck in the same cycle of doom as before. Load of shite!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18212 on: July 8, 2023, 09:10:43 pm »
I don’t get that though Kenneth. Literally tells me it can’t help (or words to that effect).

Straight after selecting forgot password?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18213 on: July 8, 2023, 09:16:24 pm »

have you ever accessed it vis a laptop, my laptop stores all my passwords?

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #18214 on: July 8, 2023, 09:49:41 pm »
any good?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gw3HEOx2gnU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gw3HEOx2gnU</a>
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18215 on: July 8, 2023, 09:58:13 pm »
Thanks, but no. I don’t have a phone linked to it which is why it’s not given me any other options. I set it up years ago so obviously never needed any kind of 2 step authentication back then.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18216 on: July 9, 2023, 11:06:18 am »
Thanks, but no. I don’t have a phone linked to it which is why it’s not given me any other options. I set it up years ago so obviously never needed any kind of 2 step authentication back then.
Do you have access to the account from any device?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18217 on: July 9, 2023, 11:13:09 am »
What's the problem, Nick? you want access to this gmail or you're having an issue getting into icloud? you can change your email address with apple on icloud.com

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18218 on: July 9, 2023, 11:30:27 am »
What's the problem, Nick? you want access to this gmail or you're having an issue getting into icloud? you can change your email address with apple on icloud.com

First and foremost it seems I used that email to register my son’s Fantasy Football team and he’s badgering me for it so he can pick his new team. But that’s the least of my problems really! Yeah, think it’s more about other stuff being linked to it (iCloud and other stuff I’m not overly familiar with).

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18219 on: July 9, 2023, 12:50:51 pm »
Have you tried logging into gmail.com from a laptop? Maybe you'll get more recovery options that way?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #18220 on: July 10, 2023, 09:39:39 am »
First and foremost it seems I used that email to register my son’s Fantasy Football team and he’s badgering me for it so he can pick his new team. But that’s the least of my problems really! Yeah, think it’s more about other stuff being linked to it (iCloud and other stuff I’m not overly familiar with).

you don't work for the BBC do you?
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18221 on: July 10, 2023, 10:00:46 am »
you don't work for the BBC do you?

I am on holiday this week. Anything else is purely coincidental.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18222 on: July 11, 2023, 06:52:35 pm »
Anyone else having problems opening the lfcgo app on their phones?

Drives me fucking insane that whenever there's stuff you want to access like the preseason stuff it never fucking works 🤷

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18223 on: July 11, 2023, 07:30:59 pm »

Drives me fucking insane that whenever there's stuff you want to access like the preseason stuff it never fucking works 🤷

Lfcgo will never be fixed  ;D

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18224 on: July 11, 2023, 08:09:27 pm »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #18225 on: July 11, 2023, 08:17:52 pm »

Been driving me insane all summer. I have to manage my octogenarian Grandad and teen brother in law’s account as well as my own and essentially the details always fail.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18226 on: July 11, 2023, 08:21:16 pm »
Been driving me insane all summer. I have to manage my octogenarian Grandad and teen brother in law’s account as well as my own and essentially the details always fail.

It's been fine for me until today mate.  The app just won't open and although I've accessed it via the website to send an email there isn't even any contact us info anywhere 🤷

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #18227 on: July 11, 2023, 08:46:10 pm »
Does an off-peak return ticket let me get on a peak train if it's at the arse-end of the journey? The planner on thetrainline suggest that I can, but I've never had to change trains on my own before and am pretty nervous about it despite being 33 years old ¬¬

Also does the trainline app automatically update with platform changes and delays?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 09:10:59 pm by rowan_d »

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18228 on: July 11, 2023, 11:28:35 pm »
Is it worth putting a job on my CV that I worked 10 years ago? As that was my first proper job anyway after leaving uni, had various odd jobs before that

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18229 on: July 11, 2023, 11:38:01 pm »
Is it worth putting a job on my CV that I worked 10 years ago? As that was my first proper job anyway after leaving uni, had various odd jobs before that
in general, I'd say yes but it kinda depends.
--- if you were only there for (say) less than 6 months and didn't get any experience relevant to the position you're now after, don't spend more than a line or two on it
--- but if longer time and/or you got relevant skills/experience, describe them to reinforce your quals.

not mentioning that job at all could (possibly) make them wonder why there's a gap.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #18230 on: July 12, 2023, 07:39:11 am »

Depends

- would it fit on 2 pages at most still?
- is it an important part of your professional identity (or desired profession if you're looking for work)?
- does it solve a otherwise noticeable gap in time?

Ten years ago is a bit much as in my experience (have just finished doing interviews in our place) it's very unlikely it's gonna be noticed compared to way more recent stuff

If there's meat to that job I'd certainly include it

Just don't let it keep you from giving the attention to whatever is more recent, as that's more important.

I'd say the last two years are where the focus goes.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18231 on: July 12, 2023, 10:43:55 am »

Hard to judge without the details. How do you justify the gap OR What could you put in its place

Did you achieve or learn anything of note?
dont let it take up too much space.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18232 on: July 12, 2023, 10:58:42 am »
Hard to judge without the details. How do you justify the gap OR What could you put in its place

Did you achieve or learn anything of note?
dont let it take up too much space.

I've got about 15years of relevant experience in my industry so always list those and at the bottom of the CV say something along the lines of 'previous employment details available if required'

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18233 on: July 12, 2023, 11:08:10 am »

I had a career in Financial Services from 1988-2008 that's not relevant to my current role in sales for a coffee company.

The bottom of my CV has:

VARIOUS FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANIES February 1988 – May 2008
Management / Project Management Roles

• Transitions Manager, Custodial Services | COMPANY NAME
• Group Finance Reporting Analyst | COMPANY NAME
• Manager, Fund Accounting | COMPANY NAME
• Project Leader, Product Ledger Control | COMPANY NAME
• NSW Client Financial Services Manager | COMPANY NAME
• Team Leader, Product Accounting | COMPANY NAME
• Assistant Branch Accountant | COMPANY NAME
• Accounts Payable Officer | COMPANY NAME

I left out a couple of shitty roles as some private equity companies where I spent less than 12 months.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18234 on: July 12, 2023, 11:09:38 am »
I've got about 15years of relevant experience in my industry so always list those and at the bottom of the CV say something along the lines of 'previous employment details available if required'

Why the bottom?  Your employment history is better done in reverse chronological order

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18235 on: July 12, 2023, 11:16:35 am »
Why the bottom?  Your employment history is better done in reverse chronological order

The job i'm doing now is the most relevant and is on the front page and i work back from there, always done it that way

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18236 on: July 12, 2023, 11:25:18 am »
The job i'm doing now is the most relevant and is on the front page and i work back from there, always done it that way

Same. They want to know who they're getting now and in many cases they never go into the detail on the earlier roles.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #18237 on: July 12, 2023, 11:54:12 am »
I think Amsterdam is closer to London than Paris. But that’s probably as the crow flies.
Owh, based on Google Map, I have just realised that Amsterdam is closer to London compared to Paris. Hahahahahha. Thanks Crosby Nick;D

Good for you NarutoReds, but beware of Paris Syndrome - i.e overinflated expectations which can't be met. Don't expect too much. It's not quite as romantic and beautiful as its made out to be in popular culture. Parts of it, like most cities, are trashy and you'll see squalor and behavioiur that'll mak you cry Merde!
I did some reading, research on some websites / blogs, then I watched the video myself on Youtube. Fucking hell, pickpocketing in Paris is totally out of this world.

I'm finding a way on how to secure my wallet and money right now from the pickpocket. Haha.  :D  :D

p/s: Thank you for your advice, Ghost Town regarding the "Paris Syndrome". It's just aaa... It's one of my life's dreams.

My plan next year (if I go to London again to work / HQ office), I am saving some money to Amsterdam. Seems like a nice and beautiful place.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18238 on: July 12, 2023, 11:59:23 am »
If you fancy blasting around Europe you should have a look at the eurail passes

You might even be able to get them cheaper than they are on the eurail site, have a look at this link first & then google for cheapest.

https://www.seat61.com/how-to-use-a-eurail-pass.htm  (Yank site but explains how it works)

https://www.eurail.com/en/eurail-passes
Thank you for your info, WhereAngelsPlay. Valuable knowledge for me that, in future - Eurail passes. Yes, I am saving some money for my Amsterdam trip next year.

That's how shit my life is right now, needing twelve months saving for that trip. Hahahhaa.  ;D  ;D
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18239 on: July 12, 2023, 12:05:20 pm »
Hopefully the rioting locals haven’t burnt the place down by the time you arrive
Bloody hell, mate. Hahahaha!!!  :butt  ;D  ;D  Naahh nevermind. I'll just try to enjoy as much as I can. Yeah, I did read about the riot too.