Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1031315 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #18200 on: June 8, 2023, 04:57:45 pm »
never seen Mastermind. do they let ppl use google?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #18201 on: June 8, 2023, 05:18:31 pm »
never seen Mastermind. do they let ppl use google?

Rob will know...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18202 on: June 8, 2023, 05:19:24 pm »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18203 on: June 8, 2023, 05:24:29 pm »
Yes, a section 74 claim is what you make, for not getting the services you paid for. Its why I always paid by card for holidays

Not used OTB for years, but it did take a bit of time occassionally to confirm the holiday, but they never let us down.

After spending 90 minutes on hold to get through to customer service, it appears they didnt get a confirmaation email cos they spelt their email address wrong  :butt  :no

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18204 on: June 8, 2023, 05:24:38 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18205 on: June 8, 2023, 06:03:44 pm »
What type of tree is this with the flat top? I've always liked seeing them
https://imgur.com/OuZltmV

(Embedding it posted a fucking gigantic version of it for some reason)
I think it might be a Flat Top Acacia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vachellia_abyssinica

And as for your image, add the width perimeter to your opening image tag:
Code: [Select]
[img width=400]https://i.imgur.com/OuZltmV.jpeg[/img]
And it will look like this:

would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #18206 on: June 8, 2023, 06:11:02 pm »
Hi - had a roof repair and been let down with removal of scaffolding twice. If he fails to show tonight then itís three times.

I know all of them charge on erection and probably wait until a job nearby so they donít have to store but be good to know where I stand.

It is also outside back of house so very annoying as canít sit in garden.

We did it privately as roofer said his scaffolding was expensive. So we saved money but now dealing with this bullshit.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2023, 06:34:36 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18207 on: June 8, 2023, 07:21:21 pm »
Hi - had a roof repair and been let down with removal of scaffolding twice. If he fails to show tonight then itís three times.

I know all of them charge on erection and probably wait until a job nearby so they donít have to store but be good to know where I stand.

It is also outside back of house so very annoying as canít sit in garden.

We did it privately as roofer said his scaffolding was expensive. So we saved money but now dealing with this bullshit.

They'll come when they're ready mate and there's not a lot you can do to force them.  They're really a law unto themselves and they can be there for weeks, even months.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #18208 on: June 8, 2023, 07:24:36 pm »
They'll come when they're ready mate and there's not a lot you can do to force them.  They're really a law unto themselves and they can be there for weeks, even months.

Yep. I get that now.

Used this guy as original bloke never showed up and gave him three opportunities.

Itís free storage isnít it? Wait until a job nearby and then remove.

I am now away at weekend until Tuesday night so not sure what to tell him.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18209 on: June 8, 2023, 07:28:11 pm »
How long has it been since he should have taken it down?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #18210 on: June 8, 2023, 07:34:19 pm »
How long has it been since he should have taken it down?

Two days so not a lot.

Said 8am yesterday then last job of day and same today and not shown.

Just so fucking boring chasing him.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2023, 07:39:03 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18211 on: June 8, 2023, 07:40:59 pm »
Oh it's not long then at all  ;D

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #18212 on: June 8, 2023, 07:42:07 pm »
Oh it's not long then at all  ;D

Itís not.

Itís more just the unreliability and lying that bores me.

Just agree a day / time and turn up.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2023, 07:46:21 pm by Nick110581 »

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18213 on: June 8, 2023, 09:06:03 pm »
Yep. I get that now.

Used this guy as original bloke never showed up and gave him three opportunities.

Itís free storage isnít it? Wait until a job nearby and then remove.

I am now away at weekend until Tuesday night so not sure what to tell him.

No need to tell him anything mate, he doesn't need you there to take it down.  Like I said, they'll come when it's convenient for them as it's not like anyone else is going to take it.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18214 on: June 8, 2023, 09:59:03 pm »
We had new roof put in and pointing done about 4-5 years ago, the Scaffolding didn't get taken down till 6 weeks after the job was done, we went away for Summer a couple of weeks after the job was done.

One of neighbours contacted us by email to tell us when it was taken down, does seem a bit of an irritant in your case with still being at home and it's still there.

Hope it taken down asap for you.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18215 on: June 8, 2023, 10:06:27 pm »
We had new roof put in and pointing done about 4-5 years ago, the Scaffolding didn't get taken down till 6 weeks after the job was done, we went away for Summer a couple of weeks after the job was done.

One of neighbours contacted us by email to tell us when it was taken down, does seem a bit of an irritant in your case with still being at home and it's still there.

Hope it taken down asap for you.

They have so much of the stuff they are in no rush to collect it, they'd rather be out doing erecting jobs.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #18216 on: June 9, 2023, 08:54:23 am »
Anyone have any good ideas on getting the local cats to stop shitting in your garden? Little fuckers are doing my head in.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18217 on: June 9, 2023, 10:16:21 am »
Anyone have any good ideas on getting the local cats to stop shitting in your garden? Little fuckers are doing my head in.

Kill the cat

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #18218 on: June 9, 2023, 10:19:51 am »

Had the same problem and tried loads of stuff but the only thing that worked was getting a dog.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18219 on: June 9, 2023, 10:22:05 am »
Cats are evil, an underrated threat to social harmony.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18220 on: June 9, 2023, 11:08:20 am »
Get a dog.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #18221 on: June 9, 2023, 11:10:18 am »
Cats are evil, an underrated threat to social harmony.

My cat is (on the surface) lovely. As long as I continue to feed him. Runs up to my car when I come home, unlike my children. Butts my leg affectionately. Purrs in my face in the morning and ďtalksĒ non-stop. Iím sure itís love for me and not his belly. He will occasionally murder small animals though.

Our neighbours have cats too. Ours craps in their yard, theirs in ours. At least they bury it and you donít have to pick it up.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2023, 11:11:58 am by KillieRed »
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get richĒ - Idles.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #18222 on: June 9, 2023, 11:17:53 am »
In the 90s everyone had 2L bottles of pop half-filled with water dotted round their flowerbeds to keep cats away.

I got a new multimeter by the way, this one worked and told me my battery was 11.7V, then the car wouldn't start. Really hoping it just needs a motorway run because I'd love a day when something car or house-related wasn't taking money out of my pocket.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18223 on: June 9, 2023, 11:27:31 am »
In the 90s everyone had 2L bottles of pop half-filled with water dotted round their flowerbeds to keep cats away.

I got a new multimeter by the way, this one worked and told me my battery was 11.7V, then the car wouldn't start. Really hoping it just needs a motorway run because I'd love a day when something car or house-related wasn't taking money out of my pocket.

My car has been a money pit this year and it's still going to cost another £1-2k by the time I finish spending :butt

With the battery, that's proper flat that, get it on charge rather than do a run as this will not charge the battery properly, get it fully charged and then stick the meter on it while starting it, it shouldn't drop below about 9.5v

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #18224 on: June 9, 2023, 11:38:21 am »
Lemons. They don't like citrus.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #18225 on: June 9, 2023, 11:43:51 am »

That was one of the things I tried, kept them away at first but eventually they started coming into the garden again.  Getting our dog was the only thing that's worked.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18226 on: June 9, 2023, 04:09:00 pm »
Anybody here happen to be a mod over on reddit and willing to let me pick their brain on an issue I'm having? I can't get help via reddit itself.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #18227 on: June 9, 2023, 04:16:03 pm »
Would rather see the issue itself than actually subject myself to Reddit

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #18228 on: June 9, 2023, 05:19:42 pm »
They're shitting in his garden, not eating it.

:)
« Last Edit: June 9, 2023, 05:21:38 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, JŁrgen.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #18229 on: June 10, 2023, 06:39:29 am »

Super soaker water pistol with added black pepper.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #18230 on: June 10, 2023, 08:09:38 am »

if you find that they're shitting in the same places - usually places that are relevant to them - then what i did is to put loose gravel down in those areas - because i read somewhere that they don't like the sharp gravel under their feet (kitty litter isn't sharp) - and that seemed to work

i still get the odd poop here and there when a 'new' cat is sussing the territory, but i just do the same - and remember to move the gravel when its worked or leave it in place if you decide that maybe a gravel area looks good
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18231 on: June 16, 2023, 09:56:17 am »
What was this font and why was it used for every single building in the 70s?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #18232 on: June 16, 2023, 11:19:15 am »
They're shitting in his garden, not eating it.

:)
Then add some tonic water and a shot of gin. At least he can drown his sorrows when clearing away the crap!!!!

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18233 on: June 16, 2023, 01:37:05 pm »
What was this font and why was it used for every single building in the 70s?

Its possibly a Clarendon Bold Italic, not sure though

https://www.whatfontis.com/ADBE_Clarendon-Text-Pro-Bold-Italic.font

I think a lot of the time it was just a fashion or lack of imagination in designers. I work for a signmakers and in the 80s the majority of the time we used Helvetica Medium, I dont remember using it at all in the last 20 years. Also most companys/shops now have their own logo or artwork so a generic font isnt often on the front of the building. More likely to be inside.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18234 on: June 16, 2023, 07:19:43 pm »
How cool, someone asks quite an obscure question about signs and gets an answer from a signmaker

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18235 on: June 16, 2023, 07:25:08 pm »
How cool, someone asks quite an obscure question about signs and gets an answer from a signmaker

Must have been Robís day off.

That donít reminds me of Robinsonís brewery. Think it was based in Stockport but a lot of the pubs around me had them.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18236 on: June 16, 2023, 09:51:04 pm »
if you find that they're shitting in the same places - usually places that are relevant to them - then what i did is to put loose gravel down in those areas - because i read somewhere that they don't like the sharp gravel under their feet (kitty litter isn't sharp) - and that seemed to work

i still get the odd poop here and there when a 'new' cat is sussing the territory, but i just do the same - and remember to move the gravel when its worked or leave it in place if you decide that maybe a gravel area looks good

Thatís really interesting. Iíve been wondering why our cat wasnít using her litter. Itís kinda like gravel. We got it in Lidl. Fecking big bag of it too. Pretty useless now  :(
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18237 on: June 16, 2023, 11:40:54 pm »
Thatís really interesting. Iíve been wondering why our cat wasnít using her litter. Itís kinda like gravel. We got it in Lidl. Fecking big bag of it too. Pretty useless now  :(

Try her with the tigerino premium from zooplus, it's expensive but last forever & isn't that much more when you get 2x 12kg for £20.

It smells great as well or at least the baby powder one does.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18238 on: June 17, 2023, 10:39:03 pm »
Must have been Robís day off.

That donít reminds me of Robinsonís brewery. Think it was based in Stockport but a lot of the pubs around me had them.

Yeah loads of Robbies pubs still had that signage in the 90s.

Cheers Nitramdorf.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18239 on: June 18, 2023, 12:44:46 pm »

My cat only likes the cheap clay stuff from Lidl. I tried buying other stuff in the past, wasn't getting used.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly