Author Topic: What Was You Doing 20 Years Ago ?  (Read 5792 times)

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
Re: What Was You Doing 20 Years Ago ?
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2009, 11:10:31 am »
Being a rogue basically, and following Liverpool everywhere. Being a hopefully decent fella and dad to my missus and kid. Can't believe its almost 20 years ago though
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2009, 11:28:31 am »
As I remember 20 years ago we were in a rich vein of form.  Not been beaten for ages, just beaten Brentford 4-0 to book our place in the Semis.

After missing out on the double the previous season, there was no doubt we were gonna do it this season.

Still don't think we should have played any football after Hillsborough till the next season.

Anyway, 4 children and 1 granddaughter may not have happened, I was one of the lucky ones.

Can't believe its 20 years already

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2009, 11:38:51 am »
A 15-year old, at school.

Shitting meself because a mate of mine and his dad had gone.

Watching the events unfurl on telly.

Me dad had drummed into me at an early age, don't believe what the media tell you. Read into everything you are told.

So I did. Asked around. Found out and was stunned.

And angry. Angry that our mates who hadn't returned and the ones who helped were labelled like that.

I focussed my anger and started to spread the word with the energy of youth.

Timed moved on, my energy with it but not my anger.

I'm a teacher now in the midlands. Every now-and-then a kid comes into my classroom with a copy of that rag. Then the real education starts. Rip it up, give 'em the money to buy a decent paper. And tell them why I did that. The majority are 15-years old. My age when it happened.

Try and get through to them. Do with most. But a few don't give a shit. Didn't happen to them so why should they care. Try and tell 'em it could've been you and yours but they just spout shite.

But before I get carried away, those who are going today, make some noise for me here in the midlands please. I'm sure I shall be pissing off the neighbours above my flat, but fuck it, noise needs to be made.

Justice.

:) :) :) :) :)
'Nuff said...

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2009, 11:41:49 am »
Shiting in my nappy

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2009, 11:42:31 am »
22 of march 1989 i was 19 years old and was at coventry watching liverpool beat them 3-1 goals from john barnes, john aldridge and ronnie whelan , the week before we got through to the sem final by beating brentford 4-0 at anfield .

Offline sgt bilbo

• Main Stander
  • I have seen the light and it's red
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2009, 12:06:53 pm »
I was twelve and was really starting to get into football watching liverpool with my big bro, being from belfast there was still other things happening here but i remember watching the events breaking on the news and my biggest memory is of the shirts, scarfs and flowers left at he ground, that's when it really hit home and ive been a red ever since.

Y.N.W.A

Offline scouse-kenny

• Main Stander
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2009, 12:11:45 pm »
i was 2 ,dont actually know where i was tho, my dad went to that game
hes never spoke about it, dont really want to ask him either
we all know what happend.
The Albert is always full of Whoppers

Offline red morning light

• Kopite
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2009, 12:32:35 pm »
lots of drink n drugs ......................i think .

i was 22 and doing pretty much the same....Rave scene just kicking off.though I'm not proud of it now! i had a fecking good time doing it, I was working as a photographer on a holiday camp.....  young dumb and full of cum!!!!
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2009, 12:33:24 pm »
As for the game against Nottingham forest on both occasions 1988 and 1989 my ticket was for the canterlever  north stand similar position each years halfway up just over the halfway line towards the hillsbrough kop end .

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2009, 12:37:27 pm »
Visiting my Dad in hospital after he had a stroke and getting ready for my wedding

Offline misssurferrosa

• Kemlynite
  • Scouser in Ireland
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2009, 12:51:55 pm »
I was a care-free six year old. My grandad died a yr or so before so I had some idea of death. My dad is a blue and my mum a red and I will never forget the devastation felt in the whole of liverpool, nevermind just in my house. The shock, the initial worry about who we knew that was there, the pain and sorrow - it was horrendous - even at six years old. Every one of us in Liverpool was in it together though YNWA

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2009, 01:00:46 pm »
Sitting on my sofa, watching Grandstand, and feeling numb seeing what was going on.
Then feeling sick as to what was printed in THAT rag a few days later.
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2009, 07:07:06 am »
Listening to commentary on the World Service. 

I don't remember the details of what was described but I remember the shock.  I had lost one of my closest boyhood friends in riots about 6 months previous so Hillsborough, in addition to causing its own grief, also reminded me of my mate's tragic passing.

Was weird studying Alcock v. Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police a few years later during law studies.  This was the seminal and ultimately unsucessful (the judgement was heavily criticised) case brought by some of the families who watched their friends and relatives die on TV.

As others have said, it is difficult to believe that it has been 20 years.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2009, 07:26:06 am »
Watching it unfold on the TV when I received a call from a gang of mates in Oz asking for a commentary on the game - they were in a car and I could here all of them as well as them hearing me, which seemed really futuristic at the time.

They had a real party atmosphere going when they called up and it took a while for what I was telling them to sink in.

The only other comparable day has been 9/11.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Redshadow77

• ARSE!!! I am you KNOW!
  • Anny Roader
  • I'm Redshadow77 and I'm NOT angry!!! LOL Honest.
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2009, 09:42:33 am »
I agree Dr Beaker - Can't think of another day as bad as that bar 09/11/01. 

As to me? In late March 1989 I was 11 nearly 12 (in July) and I think me and my brother at that time were busy helping my mum after she'd just come home from the hospital where she'd given birth to my little sister Jess - Who this month turned 20 and has all manner of glamarous mates and a cracking social life !! (How times change).  I spent most of the time happily helping to bottle feed her and change her, entertain her etc.  Now, it's MY turn as my son will be born on May 18th - or that's his due date anyway, here's hoping that young Ryan Lee Roy Worden will be as big a Red as his dad (Simon Nicholas Worden/me) one things for sure, he WILL be a Red, there's absolutely NO question about that.  Incidentally as he was first discovered by us in October (he was about 8 weeks old  by then), maybe HE is our lucky charm since LFC's League form has sky rocketed since we won at chelsea in Late October?  Maybe that's what we needed all along, a lucky charm.

As to THAT day in 1989 - I was I think at home with my parents watching the TV and my brother who was 7 at the time had gone out to play with friends whilst I settled down to watch the 2 FA Cup games and then the whole thing started to go out of control on TV;  I don't remember much about the rest of the day from the start of the on-screen trouble other than my dad turning the TV off and saying something like "at a football match of all places, I KNEW something like this would happen eventually, I hope they're (the people at the ground) Ok" and I also remember my mum saying to me that it showed why she wouldn't let me go to matches on my own despite much cajoling and begging.  Other than those two conversations/words from either parent, I remember nothing else from that day - I remember watching what happened on TV a lot afterwards though with my dad sat there shaking his head a lot.   At the time, I didn't know why as Sheffields about 3/400 miles away from me (I live about 30 miles from London), I do know why he shook his head now;  The innocence of youth eh? It protected me from knowledge of what happened then, not now though........................
The Japanese say ''Those who know don't talk while those who TALK? Don't know'';  Maybe Everton, Chelsea and United fans should try listening sometimes.......................

Offline diggers suit

• Main Stander
  • Great feet bad fash
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2009, 10:26:24 am »
I was working in Safeway in the stores - I had started early and wanted to finish early to get home and enjoy the match on the radio.  I was listening to the radio as I worked - but it was in the background and I was busy moving around so I couldn't quite follow what was going on.  I knew something was wrong, but I don't think I properly understood until I got home (I only lived 5 mins away) and put the tv on and heard Motson's commentary

I can't really remember what happened the rest of the day, or the rest of the week.  I was in a daze - I'd recently moved away from Merseyside and so if I hadn't there was a decent chance I'd been there at the game.  My Dad and I went to the Celtic game later, as much to share our grief as to watch a game of football

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2009, 11:16:34 am »
I was 9, so I was probably just going to school, having a kickaround with my friends in the evening and at the weekends, and generally just doing kids stuff. I do remember how much I hated my teacher back then. Worst teacher I ever had in primary school.

Anyway, on the day itself, I was sitting on the living-room floor at home watching it unfold on TV (I think it was Grandstand, but if they were showing the game on RTE, I was probably watching that). I remember my mother sitting down and watching it with me, and a feeling washing over me that I was so glad she was there with me.

These days, what I mainly feel (aside from sadness obviously) is proud of the way the Liverpool supporters and the city conducted themselves after Hillsborough (and continue to do so today). I'm not from the city, and though the tragedy affected me, it's in a fairly inconsequential way in the greater scheme of things. For those that were there, or lost friends and family, and whose people were branded scum, I'll never know what you went through but you have my empathy and understanding forever.

YNWA
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:19:52 am by E2K »
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2009, 11:19:56 am »
Was waiting for me mum to give birth to me first little bro.

She went into early labour, brought on by events she watched unfold on the television.

Which influenced my poem

To LFC

I thank you for the good times
And  won't forget the bad
The times you  made me scream with joy
The times you made me sad

You've gave me celebration
And made me cry with joy
Never have more tears been shed
Than when i was just a boy

Off to sheffield went the boys
They went to do us proud
I remember watchin on tv
The volume turned up loud

The game began and we attacked
A roar came from the fans
What happened next will stay with me
HAd me weeping in my hands

I wont go into detail here
I cant, it makes me cry
We all know what happened there
What we dont know is why

The next day amid all the tears
My first li'l bro was born
I couldnt feel true happiness
My heart felt like it was torn

Like his dad, he chose the blue
Despite his date of birth
But at the tender age of 7
he showed me his true worth

I took him down to anfield
Explained to him the truth
Taught him about the 96
The memorial served as proof.

He ran his little finger
Down the name of each lost soul
For every name he came across
He whispered "you'll never walk alone"

Two weeks ago my baby bro
Turned 18, a baby no more
Today on May 1st he's off
To fight someone elses war

So I gotta keep me fingers crossed
An told him to check his phone
Cos every single day I'll text
You'll never walk alone

INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2009, 11:22:38 am »
I was six, so can vaguely remember all the news etc on the tv and the papers after the event.
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline RedGirlSuzie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only hero we need!
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2009, 11:24:20 am »
Was only 2, so not quite sure!! Probably kicking a football somewhere though, or throwing my sisters dolls in the bin!!  ;D
On awaiting Everton's arrival for a derby game at Anfield, Shankly gave a box of toilet rolls to the doorman and said: 'Give them these when they arrive – they'll need them!'

What a legend this man is!

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2009, 11:25:58 am »
It was the HSC year and I was having a good time. Great memories. Yes, lest we forget

Offline brussels sprout

• Fucking Beaut.
  • Kopite
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2009, 11:37:03 am »
I was 16, probably sussing out which stub I'd need for a ticket, or which one of my mates STs ending in serial number...(remember that system) would get me boxed off. Booking coaches, used to go everywhere with Landliner or Happy Als, Birkenhead. Talking about getting the same spec as last year and wondering why we had the smaller end again. Life was good.

A few weeks later and my life had changed forever, although the enormity of how things affected me did not become apparent until 12 months later.

YNWA 
A bastion of invincibility

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2009, 11:53:27 am »
I'd come back over from Germany for the match. My girlfriend at the times dad was based in Catterick and had said he'd got tickets for me and him to go down so it was all planned to go.

The morning of the game he told me he'd been let down and couldn't get the tickets. To say I was pissed off with him was a bit of an understatement. So I decided to go into Richmond and get pissed.

Was walking between pubs and shops when I saw it unfolding on a screen in a Granada shop or one of those type places. Couldn't believe what was happening and was transfixed outside the shop.

Looking back I dont know whether I'm glad I didnt get the tickets or not. Its really hard to explain. I dont even know what part of the ground the tickets would have been for. I've never asked. Never asked what happened to the tickets, and if someone was there in amongst all that, and maybe never made it out, instead of me.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2009, 11:55:41 am »
Discovering girls, Hoffmeister lager and The Inspiral Carperts. Going on away days with my local side thinking I was hard. Having a ball. Not a care in the world.

The freeing of Nelson Mandella, the introduction of the World Wide Web, BSkyB and the biggest disaster and subsequent cover up and injustice to hit football and Liverpool were all just around the corner.....
The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2009, 11:56:20 am »
Listening to it on the radio. Was pissed off cos my dad went but didn't get me a ticket.

Even though he came back safe and sound, he stopped going after that.

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2009, 12:08:05 pm »
20 years ago I was 23 newly married going well in my chosen career and loving life, especially following the reds.

How little did we know that a few weeks later our lives would be ripped apart.  The wife left, who could blame her after all there was nothing wrong with me was there, I didn't need any help!  The career I loved stalled and I ended up a shell of a man just aimlessly drifting through life.

20 Years later.  I'm not the reclusive alchy I once was and enjoy my life, that's in no small part to great friends I have met through here and the work they do which goes unnoticed, the OP included.  Thanks to all of you.

I'm fuckin lovin life!!!
Its a dogs life for me

Offline readybreck

• road
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2009, 12:09:51 pm »
Had just turned 11, Dad woke me up on the saturday morning and to my surprise i was going to my first ever away match, (apart from Wembley 88, which didnt count as an away game back then)!, always remember seeing a magpie on the way across to Sheffield, been supersticious ever since.     
15 April 89, i like so many others, went through stuff that would leave us changed forever.     
Also went abroad for the first time to Estartit, spain, on an Amberline coach which took us ages but was great! About 300 people round the pool listening to the cup final, that was a good day that one!

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2009, 12:16:57 pm »
12 years old and at school.
Looking forward to the Easter Holidays most likely.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2009, 12:17:11 pm »
In those days, being single, I used to go to most matches, home and away. At the time, I was in a drama group (Don't laugh!) and had the main part in a comedy play - one of the nights we were performing was 15th April - I didn't realise the clash of dates when we started rehearsals. As a result, I was sick that I'd have to miss the match. I settled down to listen on the radio and was horrified at what was going on. I was pretty sure my mates would be OK as their tickets weren't for Leppings Lane, but I listened to the rising death toll with a sense of dread. I had to set off to the theatre around tea time, with the numbers getting higher, and it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do - preparing to try to make people laugh when all I felt like doing was crying. Ever since then I've had mixed feelings of relief that I missed such a tragedy , and guilt that I escaped the trauma so many of my fellow supporters had suffered.

Offline bootle moocher

• Kemlynite
  • when you hear the noise of the bill shankly boys
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2009, 12:23:17 pm »
arriving home that day and seeing me mum crying at the front door saying that i'm never going to a match ever again,she had been through it all before when i was at heysel

Offline MickeyM

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2009, 12:37:52 pm »
I was in the Metro Centre in Newcastle with my mum and dad.  I can still remember saying to them "I wonder if we have scored yet".  Walked past the window of Radio Rentals and saw the pictures on the tv in the window.  We all just stopped and stared, wondering what had happened and if my uncles were ok as they were there(they were in the main stand). 

Still to this day I remember the images and then the lies in the papers !!

Justice for the 96 !!  YNWA

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2009, 12:48:24 pm »
I was 9. My dad and uncle had gone the game and had tickets in the Leppings Lane. Me and my blue-nose mate in were in mine in Bootle. My mum had gone down the shops when the game kicked off. We stuck on Radio Merseyside to listen to the games, missed the kick-off, so by the time we tuned in they were talking about the horrors unfolding at Hillsborough. I was nearly sick, terrified for my dad, assuming the worst. we stuck on the telly and saw the footage from the ground. without doubt the most scared I have ever been in my life up to that point.

My mum came back from the shops by which time I was inconsolable. She assured me that my dad and uncle would both be ok, but obviously she was as worried as I was, and trying not to show it. Most of that afternoon was a blur. I remember us watching the telly and trying to see my dad on the pitch, seeing somebody in a similar jacket to his walking around, and trying to convince ourselves it was him (it wasn't). My mate getting me to go for a kick-around in the street to take my mind off it. Old friends of my dad he hadn’t seen in years calling ours to ask if he had gone the game.

Late afternoon we got a call from my grandparents, my dad had called saying they were both ok. A woman in Sheffield had let them use the phone in her house, there was apparently a queue of people outside waiting to use it, she refused to take money off people who offered it.  My dad and uncle made it home, we met them in my grandparents house. My uncle didn’t say a word in the time we were there, just sat in silence drinking. My dad tried to talk about it, but broke down. It was the first time I’d seen him cry.  I remember the next day being really sunny, but the streets seeming deserted, you could almost feel the numbness in the air, a horrible silence that resonated around the city.

Offline Chinbits

• Has a Purpoise in life
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Factor 3rd Place WINNER
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2009, 12:59:14 pm »
I was 9 and my mates brother was at the game, he was a Forest fan and was sat very close to the nightmare. I was at his flat and we were watching the TV trying to get our heads around what we were seeing and hearing.
Hold a powerful magnet against your stomach and then run it up your body until it's under your chin.

While wearing your mum's skin as a hat.

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2009, 01:22:28 pm »
At the time of the tragedy I was 12. It's strange the details you remember. My older coursin had dropped me off in town so I could buy a snooker cue I wanted. It was a Riley cue, and cost £4.95 from Inter Sport.

I came back to the car to see my cousin just staring at the radio, and hearing that advertising hoardings were being used as stretchers, and I asked him if that meant that some people had been hurt.

I remember watching the news coming in for the rest of the day, not quite being able to take it all in. And I remember the end of the BBC main news that night when they signed off "from the BBC on this tragic day, good night".
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2009, 01:31:32 pm »
Walking on a beach in Devon (36) listening to the tragedy unfold on the radio. Wife's birthday an' all. With her twin sister and twin sister's fella who is, ironically, now Chelsea's official historian. They wouldn't want any history like that. RIP the 96.

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2009, 01:34:11 pm »
I was only 3 so i have no idea.

Pascoli, great poem that mate.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline redcb500

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2009, 03:26:27 pm »
I was in my mid twenties, I'd had a skinful lunch time, in my local pub in Kent.
And was sleeping it off, my girlfriend (now wife) woke me up and told me "something really bad was happening at the liverpool match".
I really can't remember much about the rest of that day, don't know if its because I was in a drunken haze or I was in shock.
(I knew no-one at Hillsborough, but I knew everyone, we had a common bond- Liverpool Football Club.)
I do remember the days that followed.
People who detested LFC for being so succesful arranging pool competitions. quizz nights etc. for the Hillsborough fund.
I remember watching the news and crying like a baby, the scenes of all the flowers placed on the pitch at the kop end, the rival team scarfs, the funerals attended by Kenny and the players.
As I write this now I have tears in my eyes, thinking about it.
I'm 300 miles away from Anfield, but please don't knock me for that.
I know where my heart is.
R.I.P.
And Justice for all.

Offline Keens

• Kopite
  • Thanks for the memories Rafa!
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2009, 03:33:11 pm »
 :( Watching on tv in South Africa
"I think I have said it before, but there is no one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club....." - Kenny Dalglish

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2009, 04:21:35 pm »
Just turned 17, bit of a young scall, bang into travelling watching Liverpool home and away, pot smoker, into Floyd, YTS ( cheers Maggie ), just about to embark on his first summer of taking a shit load of E's.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2009, 04:28:59 pm »
I was 9 years old and remember seeing it unfold on Grandstand.  Curtains closed.  First was a little score caption at the bottom of the screen I think and a reported telling of the first moments of the match and then saying an incident was now occurring.  Some minutes later the cameras were beaming back those images.
Can't remember after that, just kids stuff, but the moment I found out about Hillsborough has always been very clear in my mind.