Author Topic: CL Draw - Chelsea again then Barca/Bayern....  (Read 91280 times)

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
Re: CL Draw - Chelsea again then Barca/Bayern....
« Reply #1160 on: March 20, 2009, 03:52:48 pm »
I hate this circle of bullshit that goes round after draws, and the tired old cliches and call to arms of bravery and belief.

Sure we can beat anyone on our day, that's unarguable. I remember everyone wanking and having the same attitude when we drew the bitters in the FA Cup, the fucking worst draw any liverpool fan would want. Anyone remember what happened there?

The draw is what it is, and it's a fucking abomination of a draw. We're playing Chelsea again, and the reality is that we can win, or we could lose. Instead of going to Europe we're going to London. The games are close and we have beat them twice already this season with the first leg at home, which we hate.

We will lose one of the three teams capable of beating United in this competition at the first stage, who are also chasing them in the league, which could be instrumental to any sort of dip in form domestically. After that, we play Barcelona or Bayern, both of whom are the other strongest teams left in the tournament.

Meanwhile United have Porto, then play Arsenal or Villareal if they get through. The favour is there in Uniteds corner for a defence of the double. ~I believe we are one of four teams that can potentially win the CL this season, but I also see the draw for what it is - absolute shite, and a real uphill struggle with the opposite side of the draw being exactly what we would have wanted. so United will be made up. That doesn't make me negative or such other shite, it makes me realistic. The crux of this season now lies with our choice, and I think we need to decide which competition we want to fully focus on, because putting too much pressure on our resources will cause us to snap and probably miss out in both by a small step.

Having said that, the double for us would be an unrivalled achievement, the fact we claim the titles off United would be the icing on the cake.

When in Rome, we don't lose - aye, that's true, but let's get to Rome first.

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #1161 on: March 20, 2009, 03:52:57 pm »
fuck!!!

it's those rentboys again....

it's not like i'm afraid of them, it's just not a challenge playing againts them since we play them every year...

i rather meet Barca or Bayern, because they play more dangerous football compare those Chelsea...

COME ON REDMEN!!!
BEAT THOSE RENTBOYS!!!
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #1162 on: March 20, 2009, 03:55:35 pm »
WHY COULDN'T WE HAVE DRAWN THE MANCS?

Fuck the more I think about it the more pissed off I get. Fuck this Chelsea Barca Munich shite.

I swear they'd be pissing their pants had they come up against us. Instead they get to coast to an all or nothing tie affair against us, complete with a sun-drenched training session in Portugal.

I'm seething. Jammy bastards.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1163 on: March 20, 2009, 03:55:39 pm »
Do we know the definite dates of the SF legs yet? Don't want to tempt fate but could do with knowing in advance for work purposes.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: March 20, 2009, 03:57:09 pm »
And I'm not mad we drew them, I'm loving it. Just would have liked a fairer distribution of stronger teams in each half of the draw. Aside from United, we have the four best teams we could have drawn in our half.

Bang-on.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline Maple Leaf Red

• Kopite
« Reply #1165 on: March 20, 2009, 03:58:19 pm »
Does anyone remember the season that Leverkusen had in 2002 (I think) where they finished second in the league (blowing a late lead), lost the German Cup Final, and the CL final?

The scum are on that path and could lose out to 2 or 3 of their biggest rivals.

As for the draw, who cares if it's the rentboys? You have to beat big teams in this tournament to win (unless you are the mancs) so why not get started with our usual dance partner.
What fun would a championship be without some hiccups?

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: March 20, 2009, 03:58:46 pm »

Stay away from drugs, kids.

:lmao

:wellin

Love that show ;D

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: March 20, 2009, 03:59:28 pm »
Don't like the draw , I wanted United or Barcelona
We've beaten them rentboys so often , it's getting a bit boring now  :P
But bring them on , we'll beat anyone , simple as that
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #1168 on: March 20, 2009, 04:00:26 pm »

We've beaten them rentboys so often , it's getting a bit boring now  :P
But bring them on , we'll beat anyone , simple as that

true that mate
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #1169 on: March 20, 2009, 04:01:59 pm »
reckon Semis will be

Villarreal Vs Man Utd
Liverpool Vs Bayern

can see no more beyond that, good luck lads!!!

cheers!!!
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #1170 on: March 20, 2009, 04:03:07 pm »
Id have to agree. We can beat anyone so all this bring it on stuff is nothing new. No one is fearing anyone left in the tournament.

But its a monumental ask for the squad to potentially play Chelsea twice, probably Barcelona twice and Utd in the final, as well as winning every single league game until the end of the season, which is what is needed for us to win the league.

Something just has to give.

Utd have once again fixed their way through to the final and made the remaining matches a more easier effort for their squad. UEFA Twats!!!

I reckon Man Utd v Arsenal in the semi will be massive for the mancs. Arsenal are definitely capable of beating them and the mancs know that.

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #1171 on: March 20, 2009, 04:04:16 pm »
cheers!!!

and scum united vs us in the final
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

Offline Biggballa644

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1172 on: March 20, 2009, 04:05:46 pm »
We're the shit in the champions league

Others fear us.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #1173 on: March 20, 2009, 04:06:00 pm »
everyone's mad that pool drew chelsea, but isn't that just kharma for every person on here begging for the mancs to draw them?

Yes we all know you support the 'Mancs' and I doubt Karma came into it, as your lot will have been wanting the same.

I'm not bothered about Chelsea anyway, you have to play these teams sometime may as well get them out of the way now and take Barca or Bayern in the Semi's.

Do you think Chelsea wanted us after we'd done Real 4-0 and then Man yoo 1-4 at Old Trafford
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: March 20, 2009, 04:06:01 pm »
That'll be a mess in Rome
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline Camina Camina

• Legacy Fan
  • Venga Chico's
« Reply #1175 on: March 20, 2009, 04:07:19 pm »

It seems to have a certain inevitablity about it.

Oh well, Chelsea, Barca/Bayern, then the Scum, it is then and so what, there's no fecking point in winning it the easy way is there?

Borussia Park, Sud Tribune, Block 4 Rechts, Reihe 24, Platz 9

Tor in Gladbach!

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1176 on: March 20, 2009, 04:07:22 pm »
To be honest, I am more pissed off witht he fact that the Mancs got a bye to the final rather than having to play Chelsea and possibly Barca.

Chelsea in the CL is a bit repetitive, but the Chelsea/Liverpool CL ties are epic encounters which I am looking forward to. Just pissed that the CL final has been handed to the Mancs.

Offline Camina Camina

• Legacy Fan
  • Venga Chico's
« Reply #1177 on: March 20, 2009, 04:07:53 pm »
That'll be a mess in Rome

I can think of worse games.

Tor in Gladbach!

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #1178 on: March 20, 2009, 04:09:15 pm »
Consider this though (correct if I am wrong, because it wouldn't be the first time!).

By the end of 21st April, we will have played 33 league games to United's 31.  In the remaining 5 weeks of the season, United, most likely, will have to play at least 2 CL matches, an FA Cup Final (I expect them to beat Everton) and 7 league fixtures.  That is an awful lot of football in a very short space of time.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: March 20, 2009, 04:10:03 pm »
I can think of worse games.
True , but still wouldn't recommend taking your kids to that game  ;D

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #1180 on: March 20, 2009, 04:10:30 pm »
COME ON PORTO!!!!

;D
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1181 on: March 20, 2009, 04:11:31 pm »
Heres a question for everybody. Which scenario would you prefer if you had to pick one?

A) We win the Premiership, but the Mancs beat us in Rome and win the CL.
B) The Mancs win the PL and we beat them in Rome and win the CL

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: March 20, 2009, 04:11:57 pm »
everyone's mad that pool drew chelsea, but isn't that just kharma for every person on here begging for the mancs to draw them?

Because the karma of Liverpool FC is based upon the wishes of the minority of its fan base that uses an internet forum?

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: March 20, 2009, 04:12:28 pm »
To be honest, I am more pissed off witht he fact that the Mancs got a bye to the final

If Arsenal beat Villarreal - which they probably will - then Man Utd v Arsenal in the semis is hardly a bye for the mancs.

They've met once this season and Arsenal won.

Fabregas will be back by then as well. I reckon Arsenal would win.

Offline Camina Camina

• Legacy Fan
  • Venga Chico's
« Reply #1184 on: March 20, 2009, 04:13:48 pm »
True , but still wouldn't recommend taking your kids to that game  ;D

I always thought that a Leeds Utd V Red Star Belgrade game held in Istanbul would be a good one, total nightmare for the FA, UEFA, FIFA, the EU, NATO, the UN

Tor in Gladbach!

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #1185 on: March 20, 2009, 04:14:02 pm »
Heres a question for everybody. Which scenario would you prefer if you had to pick one?

A) We win the Premier League, but the Mancs beat us in Rome and win the CL.

neither...
I want both
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: March 20, 2009, 04:14:57 pm »
neither...
I want both

I said you had to pick one.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1187 on: March 20, 2009, 04:15:20 pm »
I always thought that a Leeds Utd V Red Star Belgrade game held in Istanbul would be a good one, total nightmare for the FA, UEFA, FIFA, the EU, NATO, the UN
;D

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #1188 on: March 20, 2009, 04:15:46 pm »

The win in Rome. Every time.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1189 on: March 20, 2009, 04:16:29 pm »
Consider this though (correct if I am wrong, because it wouldn't be the first time!).

By the end of 21st April, we will have played 33 league games to United's 31.  In the remaining 5 weeks of the season, United, most likely, will have to play at least 2 CL matches, an FA Cup Final (I expect them to beat Everton) and 7 league fixtures.  That is an awful lot of football in a very short space of time.

Capello said something to the same effect and listening to Rafa's and Monste's interview on RadioCity last night, has given me a new belief. Monste mentioned that during Rafa's time at Valencia, when they were 10-12 points behind Real, Rafa said to his wife, 'I believe we will win it this year', because he had analysed Reals' remaining matches etc. Seems quite similar to our situation at the moment.

Offline Miguel Sanchez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Proud member of the Witness Relocation Program
« Reply #1190 on: March 20, 2009, 04:16:48 pm »
Been thinking about the draw and the season run-in,

As much as it pains me to say it, I think we want Utd to have an easy tie in the QF of the Champs league. We want them to get through, in much the same manner as the Inter games. We want them to have lots of games at the moment, in fact the more they have the better. While they scrape past Porto they can drop a few points in the league, a nice couple of draws would be great.

Then comes the SF against the arse, we know they can beat the bastards and they will go for them unlike most teams do and knock them out with a couple of away goals in a draw at Old Trafford and a win at the Emirates. Meanwhile in the league, Utd struggle some more, with City beating them at Old Trafford in vicious manc derby with injuries and sending offs all over the shop!

Meanwhile we just keep winning, we win our games in the league, we sweep aside Chelsea after a 3 nil win at Anfield and 2-2 draw at scumford bridge. The momentum gathering pace we continue to win in the league, like a machine now we just steamroller anyone put in front of us, and come the SF we record another famous victory at the Nou Camp, still the only English team to have ever won there and now we will have done it 3 times! A famous night at Anfield follows and we have a comfortable 2 nil win.

Back in the league we look unstoppable and with Utd losing their confidence and form in spades we continue our 8 match winning run.

The run continues to the end of the season, 11 wins in a row, 88 points, wins us number 19 and the mancs are left in tears, bewildered as to what has just happened.

Then it’s on to Rome and we sweep aside the arse like they were a pub side and its number 6!

What a season! Get it!!
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you...

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1191 on: March 20, 2009, 04:18:02 pm »
I would choose A.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #1192 on: March 20, 2009, 04:19:08 pm »

A) We win the Premier League, but the Mancs beat us in Rome and win the CL.
the latter's the most likely
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #1193 on: March 20, 2009, 04:19:33 pm »

alright, A then....
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #1194 on: March 20, 2009, 04:20:07 pm »
I'm laughing at everyone shouting 'STITCH UP', they seem to forget everyone had difficult ties for the last 16.

I think a lot of people are underestimating Porto too, they've lost once at home in this competition in the last 5 years, and with the second leg at home, anything is possible. This team kept Atletico really, really quiet in the second leg, a team we really struggled against at times.

I'm glad they interviewed those stupid Mancs on SSN though; 'Best draw possible', and my favorite, 'Porto at home, perfect'. Erm....

Anyway, we beat Chelsea twice this season, we'll do it again, now that the ginger tit's no longer amongst us. We'll attack the first leg without Mascherano, kill them off at Anfield.
hi

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1195 on: March 20, 2009, 04:20:13 pm »
If we do get to the final we will wear red if we play man utd or the arse as one good part of the draw was liverpool side of the draw was drawn to be the home team so no worries on who wears red .

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #1196 on: March 20, 2009, 04:21:15 pm »
Believe
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: March 20, 2009, 04:22:42 pm »
Been thinking about the draw and the season run-in,

As much as it pains me to say it, I think we want Utd to have an easy tie in the QF of the Champs league. We want them to get through, in much the same manner as the Inter games. We want them to have lots of games at the moment, in fact the more they have the better. While they scrape past Porto they can drop a few points in the league, a nice couple of draws would be great.

Then comes the SF against the arse, we know they can beat the bastards and they will go for them unlike most teams do and knock them out with a couple of away goals in a draw at Old Trafford and a win at the Emirates. Meanwhile in the league, Utd struggle some more, with City beating them at Old Trafford in vicious manc derby with injuries and sending offs all over the shop!

Meanwhile we just keep winning, we win our games in the league, we sweep aside Chelsea after a 3 nil win at Anfield and 2-2 draw at scumford bridge. The momentum gathering pace we continue to win in the league, like a machine now we just steamroller anyone put in front of us, and come the SF we record another famous victory at the Nou Camp, still the only English team to have ever won there and now we will have done it 3 times! A famous night at Anfield follows and we have a comfortable 2 nil win.

Back in the league we look unstoppable and with Utd losing their confidence and form in spades we continue our 8 match winning run.

The run continues to the end of the season, 11 wins in a row, 88 points, wins us number 19 and the mancs are left in tears, bewildered as to what has just happened.

Then it’s on to Rome and we sweep aside the arse like they were a pub side and its number 6!

What a season! Get it!!

:hally

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #1198 on: March 20, 2009, 04:26:25 pm »
I'm fairly confident actually, even if we get past Chelsea, I'm still oddly confident that we can beat Barca/Bayern...

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1199 on: March 20, 2009, 04:28:24 pm »
From Uefa.com

Confirmed dates:

Villarreal - Arsenal 07/04 » 15/04 »
Man. United - Porto 07/04 » 15/04 »
Liverpool - Chelsea 08/04 » 14/04 »
Barcelona - Bayern 08/04 » 14/04 »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.