Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1053699 times)

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Who is the worst Pundit/Sports Presenter/Commentator on Earth
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2009, 07:22:18 pm »
Have to go with Tommy Smith, a retarded old twat who does the CL commentary for those of us in North America (and elsewhere, watching ESPN coverage).

His usual sidekick on ESPN, Derek Rae, is actually a decent commentator, and was commentating on PSG v Dynamo Kiev for ITV last night (and may well be doing the return leg).

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: April 12, 2009, 03:44:40 am »
merson, le tissier, pleat. the first 2 because theyre wankers and the last one because he knows nothing.

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: April 12, 2009, 03:47:09 am »
Every time I hear David Pleat it just feels like I'm sitting in an old peoples home listening to an 85 year old bloke who's lost his mind. Of all the people ITV could get, the two they've gotten consistently over the years are Pleat and Ron Atkinson. No wonder people fucking hate ITV.

Merson is woeful, he's just plain thick. Tim Sherwood is a charlie uniform november tango of the highest order, and fucking stupid to boot. I used to like Le Tissier and Redknapp but they both got caught up in being good Sky puppets ahead of being good pundits.

:champ

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #243 on: April 12, 2009, 05:14:54 am »
Efan Ekoku's bias today was staggering. Repeatedly was pulling for Blackburn to grab a goal. I'm assuming he's an Arsenal fan, as he mentioned only Adebayor was capable of scoring a goal like Torres' first ::)

Offline kirzer

• Kopite
« Reply #244 on: April 12, 2009, 11:57:36 am »
merson, le tissier, pleat. the first 2 because theyre wankers and the last one because he knows nothing.

Sorry, but you are completely wrong there. David Pleat knows more than the rest put together. Maybe he finds it hard to say names properly sometimes, but he knows what he is talking about. I find that he actually has a decent amount of tactical knowledge, unlike muppets like merson, sherwood etc.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #245 on: April 12, 2009, 12:08:40 pm »
Efan Ekoku's bias today was staggering. Repeatedly was pulling for Blackburn to grab a goal. I'm assuming he's an Arsenal fan, as he mentioned only Adebayor was capable of scoring a goal like Torres' first ::)

His best comment was that Reina looked shaky... :D

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #246 on: April 12, 2009, 04:20:16 pm »
Heard a classic from Tim Sherwood on the Villa Everton build up. He was asked if he thought that Torres was the best striker in the world at the moment and he replied "No for me, it's Messi, he's got it all". Craig Burley had to point out that Messi was in fact is more of a winger than a striker. Cue Sherwood saying something along the lines of  "Messi scores loads of goals, so he's a striker........ like Cristiano Ronaldo".

The twat

Offline kirzer

• Kopite
« Reply #247 on: April 12, 2009, 11:18:49 pm »
Watching MOTD2 reminded me of how abysmal Mark Bright is as a pundit. His column in the Metro is possibly the worst thing I have ever read in my life. Steve Claridge isn't much better but he's a genius compared to bloody Bright.

Offline Bangers N Masch

• Legacy Fan
  • Backing Hodgson.
« Reply #248 on: April 13, 2009, 12:22:34 am »
Heard a classic from Tim Sherwood on the Villa Everton build up. He was asked if he thought that Torres was the best striker in the world at the moment and he replied "No for me, it's Messi, he's got it all". Craig Burley had to point out that Messi was in fact is more of a winger than a striker. Cue Sherwood saying something along the lines of  "Messi scores loads of goals, so he's a striker........ like Cristiano Ronaldo".

The twat

Indeed - Gerrard and Lampard are obviously strikers too eh ;)
'Nights like the semi-final back in 2005 live long in the memory of anyone who witnessed it, never mind me as an opposition player. That night has always stuck in my head and given me the desire to one day play in a red shirt and help the club return to its former glory days.'

Muted for 12 days for calling Rafa fat.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #249 on: April 13, 2009, 12:49:42 am »

Efangwu Goziem "Efan" Ekoku (born 8 June 1967, in Cheetham Hill, Greater Manchester)

Doesn't take much to figure out why he hates the club so much.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #250 on: April 13, 2009, 12:57:46 am »
Indeed - Gerrard and Lampard are obviously strikers too eh ;)

I like the fact that Craig Burley had to correct Sherwood on Messi's playing position.... If you have to be corrected by Burley on basic facts regarding the position of one of the top players in the world, if not the best, then you're in deep trouble :D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 01:04:21 am by Mr Kipling »

Offline sarch

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #251 on: April 13, 2009, 12:58:59 am »
tim mccarver on american tv.  the guy who works with ray hudson on goltv makes me want to take a nap every time i hear him.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: April 13, 2009, 01:05:09 am »
Anyone who thinks Pleaty is useless doesn't understand football themselves. Fact-a-mundo laaaaaaaa.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #253 on: April 13, 2009, 01:14:00 am »
I went for Sherwood, Merson and Townsend. Could've picked about 5 or 6 more to be honest.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #254 on: April 13, 2009, 01:25:53 am »
The worst commentator has to be the bird of MOTD. It just doesn't sound right at all.

JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #255 on: April 13, 2009, 01:29:57 am »
The worst commentator has to be the bird of MOTD. It just doesn't sound right at all.

Sexist.

I agree with you though.

Offline Wilbur

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: April 13, 2009, 02:02:48 am »
Have to go with Tommy Smith, a retarded old twat who does the CL commentary for those of us in North America (and elsewhere, watching ESPN coverage).

He's an imbecile with a microphone.
Nineteen, we want nineteen.

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #257 on: April 13, 2009, 03:31:43 am »
Quite like pleat myself. Got a bit of a boring voice but he kows the game inside out, you have to accept he knows his stuff.

I dont really know who that Dumphy (?) bloke is, reckon hes an ex manc player and now on tv in ireland? That right? Remember someone showing me a link of him after we had just knocked European champions Barcelona out of the Champions League and he was saying that Gerrard was "found out" tonight cos he didnt score several...and that he was, and i quote, "a nothing player".
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #258 on: April 13, 2009, 04:39:51 am »
Anyone who thinks Pleaty is useless doesn't understand football themselves. Fact-a-mundo laaaaaaaa.

David certainly isn't.

You on the other hand......

;)
hi

Offline Hoodfella

• Attention seeker. ENT Speciallist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Strictly Morrocan Hashish - No Skunk here son!
    • TRIGGS VEGA
« Reply #259 on: April 13, 2009, 04:42:26 am »
How the hell is Steve Claridge not on that list??....Total no mark.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 04:45:13 am by Hoodfella »
If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If you don't, you will find an excuse.

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. 

Plato o Plomo - Pablo Escobar.

Hashish is both the cause of and solution to all of my problems!

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #260 on: April 13, 2009, 01:59:45 pm »

The twat

The thing is it's quite a common view that Barca play with three strikers despite having only one real striker in there and the other two coming from the wing. It's all based on the 'fact' that they play such beautiful attacking football. It's just the same with us except that we ALWAYS play just one striker even if we have Kuyt and Babel on the wings. We're a boring, defensive team and that's Benitez' way. Therefore, we never play more than one striker and if we score more than one goal per game it's a fluke...

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #261 on: April 13, 2009, 03:30:26 pm »
Although not a regular on TV, Mark Bright does write some shite in the Metro and loves slating Rafa for the usual cliched criticisms we have to hear day after day.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline snyder

• Main Stander
« Reply #262 on: April 13, 2009, 04:38:41 pm »
Ray Hudson - geordie who does commentary for Gol TV here in N America.

He's pretty clueless, VERY over the top but not terrible enough to make you hit the mute button.
He comes up with some absolute stunners every now and then...

"He lays it down on a golden altar. Iniesta comes in, Alves spills, Bojan pounces, disco!!"
"Without penetration, it's just masturbation, and right now, we're playing with ourselves."
"Old Horsey-Face comes galloping in again ..." - On Van Nistelrooy
"That gentleman with the flag needs to stick it somewhere"
"This has been a lethargic performance by Real Madrid, it's been lackadaisical and it's requiring a stick of dynamite pushed up into a very sensitive place and lit by the coach at half-time."

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: April 13, 2009, 04:40:12 pm »
Ray Hudson - geordie who does commentary for Gol TV here in N America.

He's pretty clueless, VERY over the top but not terrible enough to make you hit the mute button.
He comes up with some absolute stunners every now and then...

"He lays it down on a golden altar. Iniesta comes in, Alves spills, Bojan pounces, disco!!"
"Without penetration, it's just masturbation, and right now, we're playing with ourselves."
"Old Horsey-Face comes galloping in again ..." - On Van Nistelrooy
"That gentleman with the flag needs to stick it somewhere"
"This has been a lethargic performance by Real Madrid, it's been lackadaisical and it's requiring a stick of dynamite pushed up into a very sensitive place and lit by the coach at half-time."

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ray_Hudson

Offline USgooner

• Liverpool Red.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: April 13, 2009, 04:43:09 pm »
Although not a regular on TV, Mark Bright does write some shite in the Metro and loves slating Rafa for the usual cliched criticisms we have to hear day after day.

His the muppet that said he'll rather have someone brake his leg than spit at him.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: April 14, 2009, 02:59:30 pm »
Don't know if anybody has had the pleasure of listening to Carlton fucken Plamer play the pundit, but I doubt it. If you did he'd be the irst nam  on that list.

The sheer hate he has for Rafa is unbelievable and this is cming from one of Rafas harshest critic on these boards.

Before theMadrid game he said he thought Rafa should be sacked. After the Madrid victory, e said that it proved he was right: if it wasnt for Rafa he said, we'd have won by more.

Unbelievable stuff.

Efan fucken Ekoku is pretty fucken shite as well.

Don't understand the hate for David Pleat. Alwas enjoy his commentary, at least you feel he understands the game.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: April 14, 2009, 03:03:37 pm »
Watching MOTD2 reminded me of how abysmal Mark Bright is as a pundit. His column in the Metro is possibly the worst thing I have ever read in my life. Steve Claridge isn't much better but he's a genius compared to bloody Bright.

Claridge and Bright must really be the worst combination on tele. Everyone else (Hansen, Lawro, Dixon etc) must not have been arsed on sunday  so they got those two clowns in. Bright was funniest when asked about whether everton or villa would finish higher and said Villa had too big a gap (one point) despite a more difficult run in and he couldnt see them throwing it away at all.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #267 on: April 14, 2009, 03:24:13 pm »
Sexist.

I agree with you though.

It's the screech in her voice which makes me pine for someone restrained like that fat bloke who does robot wars... She got the Johnstone Paint Trophy final this year and I prayed for Steve Claridge to speak more. It was that bad at times.

The Italian bird who did the footy show with Mark Chapman on the telly would be a huge improvement. Could have listened to her for hours. :D

Garth Crooks got my vote because he bores me senseless. He drones. And drones. And drones. And drones. And then you realise that he's not reached the end of his sentence as he's droning on and on and on until you change the channel...

Martin Tyler's Monkey had to get a vote on principle. He's the ultimate barometer for fickle 'fans' and spouts so much guff for someone who used to move coasters around a green table to try and demonstrate tactics. Listening to him onanate over Torres is most disturbing.

However, top place surely has to go to Tim Sherwood. He's a prick. On planet Sherwood, we're a two man team consisting of Torres, Gerrard and Alonso. Unlike the Mancs who have Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo. There's a huge chip on his shoulder about us but the worst thing is his appalling tactical analysis considering he's meant to be helping out/have helped out Spurs. Actually maybe the two things are related after all...
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #268 on: April 14, 2009, 10:50:53 pm »
Thought Clive 'That night in Barcelona' Tydesley was very good tonight, got the impression he wanted us to get through, made mention of tomorrow and the service, and got a dig in about not needing plastic flags to generate an atmosphere/
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #269 on: April 14, 2009, 10:54:53 pm »
I thought Tydesley sounded like a Red as strange as that sounds all game.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: April 14, 2009, 11:02:29 pm »
Maybe it was a bit of Karma. Being nice to us in the hope his favoured team has some good luck tomorrow.....

The comment about the banners/flags gave me a chuckle. Nice dig.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: April 14, 2009, 11:11:31 pm »
Carlton Palmer... He actually reckons Rafa didn't approach this game seriously and criticized Rafa after the game for taking off Torres and more bizarrely for not starting Gerrard !  
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: April 14, 2009, 11:13:44 pm »
That fucking stain who commentates for ITV. Trying to do a Russian accent but instead managed to sound like a retarded Manuel off Faulty Towers.

He always gets on my nerves. Chelsea fought back no thanks to us yet he praised them the entire game. At least praise both teams.

Fucking little shit!

Offline Chaztastic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: April 15, 2009, 09:41:31 am »
That fucking stain who commentates for ITV. Trying to do a Russian accent but instead managed to sound like a retarded Manuel off Faulty Towers.

Wasn't it meant to be a Guus Hiddink impersonation, K_H, replete with comedy Dutch accent.

Did I say comedy? Sorry, I meant borderline racist and as funny as haemorrhoids.

Unless of course there was also an attempt at Russian which I may not have heard as I was still laughing at his other pithy comments.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: April 15, 2009, 11:01:10 am »
Carlton Palmer... He actually reckons Rafa didn't approach this game seriously and criticized Rafa after the game for taking off Torres and more bizarrely for not starting Gerrard !  

Was gonna post that. The amount of hate that idiot has for us is off the charts.

Key quote:

"What would have happened had Benitez played his strongest side? What if he had started with Gerrard"

What pissed me off is he was one of the most mediocre players to ever pull on an England shirt. So little talent and yet feels he has a right to denigrate the achivements of men like Benitez and Hiddink.

What a cluelss c*nt.

My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: April 15, 2009, 12:01:18 pm »
Beglin was doing my fucking head in last night.

Offline INABITSKI

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: April 15, 2009, 12:48:11 pm »
Beglin was doing my fucking head in last night.

Someone mentioned that he seems to try and find a mystery injury whenever Torres is playing.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #277 on: April 15, 2009, 12:49:19 pm »
Anyone here the reasons why Tim Sherwood thinks Torres is not the best striker in the world?

Offline INABITSKI

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: April 15, 2009, 12:54:15 pm »
Anyone here the reasons why Tim Sherwood thinks Torres is not the best striker in the world?

Please don't my sides still hurt from hearing it the first time around.

Offline sull14

• Legacy Fan
  • Random Avatar Title.
« Reply #279 on: April 15, 2009, 12:57:25 pm »
tim sherwood is an unbelievable twat.
JFT96