Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2612392 times)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Reply #43880 on: May 22, 2024, 08:40:07 pm »
Buying a pair of cargo pants as it's too cold for shorts (sorry Rob) , too hot for jeans, and discovering some weird toggle based method for tying them that I have no idea how to use.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43881 on: May 22, 2024, 08:41:50 pm »
Buying a pair of cargo pants as it's too cold for shorts (sorry Rob) , too hot for jeans, and discovering some weird toggle based method for tying them that I have no idea how to use.

Too cold for shorts?  :o
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #43882 on: May 22, 2024, 09:16:49 pm »
Too cold for shorts?  :o
He's a lightweight. I've been in shorts since February.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #43883 on: May 22, 2024, 11:04:24 pm »
Buying a pair of cargo pants as it's too cold for shorts (sorry Rob) , too hot for jeans

Jorts, my man, jorts

I ain't going back to non-shorts now til November, I don't care if it snows before then

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #43884 on: May 23, 2024, 10:15:42 am »
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43885 on: May 23, 2024, 01:41:04 pm »

How did you get that picture of Rob and his lad?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43886 on: May 23, 2024, 01:44:02 pm »
Jorts, my man, jorts

I ain't going back to non-shorts now til November, I don't care if it snows before then

I had my coat on this morning. Even took my gloves in my pocket in case.  :D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43887 on: May 24, 2024, 09:22:02 am »
The storyline in Eastenders with Whitney leaving.

Essentially a woman has just decided on a whim to up sticks and take a newborn baby away from her father without consulting him and live 200 miles away.
Everyone claps and cheers at the woman doing this. No one has a problem with it.
This is normal.

If the father had made this decision, it would be ran as a kidnapping storyline.

Why is this acceptable?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43888 on: May 24, 2024, 09:28:47 am »

Essentially a woman has just decided on a whim to up sticks and take a newborn baby away from her father without consulting him and live 200 miles away.
Everyone claps and cheers at the woman doing this. No one has a problem with it.
This is normal.

If the father had made this decision, it would be ran as a kidnapping storyline.

Why is this acceptable?

Why are you watching Eastenders?  ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43889 on: May 24, 2024, 09:44:47 am »

This is normal.

Why is this acceptable?
And she did this just weeks after illegally buying another child off its smackhead mother and taking her with her too.

Soapland is utterly ridiculous and absurd.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43890 on: May 24, 2024, 11:42:13 am »
Luke Littler.

What started out as a rather refreshing success story seems to have become a boring, cocky, mouthy dickhead.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43891 on: May 24, 2024, 12:08:13 pm »

This is normal.

Why is this acceptable?

because men are bastards and women and kids don't need us, seems to be the shite they fucking spout.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43892 on: May 24, 2024, 12:08:34 pm »
Luke Littler.

What started out as a rather refreshing success story seems to have become a boring, cocky, mouthy dickhead.

Utd supporter, what did you expect?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43893 on: May 24, 2024, 12:29:56 pm »

Was just gonna post exactly this 😂😂😂

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43894 on: May 24, 2024, 12:34:22 pm »
because men are bastards and women and kids don't need us, seems to be the shite they fucking spout.

When lab-grown sperm becomes commercial, men will be obsolete. I try to make myself useful by putting bottle tops and jar lids back on too tightly.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43895 on: May 24, 2024, 12:59:20 pm »
The annoying arrogance seems ingrained in them, doesn't it.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43896 on: May 24, 2024, 01:26:26 pm »
When lab-grown sperm becomes commercial, men will be obsolete. I try to make myself useful by putting bottle tops and jar lids back on too tightly.

They say this, but who will do all the jobs millions of men do? Are millions of women suddenly going to want to be miners, deep sea fisherwomen, truck mechanics, aircraft mechanics, pilots, HGV drivers, taxi drivers, builders, work in slaughterhouses etc etc - the world would fall apart in a week if men suddenly disappeared. (And yes, before anyone starts, it'd be shite without women too)

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #43897 on: May 24, 2024, 01:51:19 pm »
What was women's role in World War II?
Women in World War II
Millions of women did work in shipyards and factories during World War II. They labored as welders, machinists, and (of course) riveters. Women also drove trucks, cleaned houses, flew planes, organized fundraisers, treated patients, grew crops, broke codes, and took care of children.

What were 3 jobs women did in ww2?
During WWII women worked in factories producing munitions, building ships, aeroplanes, in the auxiliary services as air-raid wardens, fire officers and evacuation officers, as drivers of fire engines, trains and trams, as conductors and as nurses.

:wave
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 01:53:36 pm by Millie »
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43898 on: May 24, 2024, 02:04:45 pm »
They say this, but who will do all the jobs millions of men do? Are millions of women suddenly going to want to be miners, deep sea fisherwomen, truck mechanics, aircraft mechanics, pilots, HGV drivers, taxi drivers, builders, work in slaughterhouses etc etc - the world would fall apart in a week if men suddenly disappeared. (And yes, before anyone starts, it'd be shite without women too)

Maybe if the men didn't hog all those jobs or make it impossible for women to break into them we'd probably do very well at them.

Edit.... See Millie's post ^^^

Well said Millie 👍

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43899 on: May 24, 2024, 02:15:14 pm »
Luke Littler.

What's he done , google isn't helping me.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43900 on: May 24, 2024, 02:42:00 pm »

Robots.

We may be kept around to laugh at?

Off-topic-ish:

There was a meme on social media about "who would you rather encounter, alone, in the middle of a forest: a man or a bear?" and most women chose the Bear. Some men (boys?) were replying with things like "what? You'd rather fuck a bear" without realising that sort of attitude (no-one mentioned sex in the Q) is one of the reasons they chose the Bear.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43901 on: May 24, 2024, 02:44:25 pm »
Maybe if the men didn't hog all those jobs or make it impossible for women to break into them we'd probably do very well at them.

Edit.... See Millie's post ^^^

Well said Millie 👍

If women want the jobs, they can go get them, HGV driving is open to everyone - not many like the idea of sleeping in a cab in a layby and pissing in the bushes or shitting in a carrier bag though.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #43902 on: May 24, 2024, 02:45:55 pm »
You're not helping yourself Rob  :P
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43903 on: May 24, 2024, 02:50:00 pm »
If women want the jobs, they can go get them, HGV driving is open to everyone - not many like the idea of sleeping in a cab in a layby and pissing in the bushes or shitting in a carrier bag though.

Sounds like a holiday in Rhyl.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43904 on: May 24, 2024, 02:54:42 pm »
You're not helping yourself Rob  :P

I'm not trying to belittle women, I know you are very capable of doing the jobs, but would women CHOOSE to do them? During the war they had no choice but to do them,as the men who were doing the jobs before we busy dying and after the war the opportunites were no longer there, but in this day and age, these jobs are open to everyone, but how many would do them now?

I'm just sick to death to be honest of hearing from women "we don't need men".
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43905 on: May 24, 2024, 02:55:49 pm »
That Eastenders storyline is a natural progression of the trend to glorify all unmarried mothers. 

In my lifetime it's done a 180 in terms of public attitude - once regarded as shameful, to now looked upon as a brave lifestyle to be celebrated and encouraged.

Like everything else it's a complex subject but it looks like the Eastenders writers want to push the envelope in terms of what "acceptable parenting" looks like.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43906 on: May 24, 2024, 03:00:39 pm »
Having gone 20+ years being blissfully unaware of what is happening in soap land to now know about the story lines.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43907 on: May 24, 2024, 03:02:23 pm »
Having gone 20+ years being blissfully unaware of what is happening in soap land to now know about the story lines.
Albert Tatlock croaked.  Sorry to be the bearer, like .....

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43908 on: May 24, 2024, 03:37:48 pm »

Maybe if we only needed to worry about the bears and not men we'd be ok sleeping in a cab in a layby 😊

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43909 on: May 24, 2024, 03:40:06 pm »
Maybe if we only needed to worry about the bears and not men we'd be ok sleeping in a cab in a layby 😊

There's women predators too you know.

Even in a safe world, its bloody hard to get a decent kip in a cab, traffic noise, birdds bouncing on the roof, getting up and pissing in the bushes, nowhere to have a wash, its lovely
Jurgen YNWA

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43910 on: May 24, 2024, 05:59:19 pm »
Look what happened last time we let a woman be prime minister 😁

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43911 on: May 24, 2024, 06:06:37 pm »
Look what happened last time we let a woman be prime minister 😁

Yeah, at least we now have the superb Rishi Sunak as PM.  :P

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43912 on: May 24, 2024, 06:17:26 pm »

Yeah, at least we now have the superb Rishi Sunak as PM.  :P

We got beat by said woman to being PM
Jurgen YNWA

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43913 on: May 24, 2024, 06:18:51 pm »
My daughter decided to sell some of her old clothes on Vinted. Within an hour she had been scammed into giving her card details to some twat.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43914 on: May 24, 2024, 08:55:06 pm »
Luke Littler.

Who's Luke Littler?

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43915 on: May 24, 2024, 09:15:39 pm »
One of our recycling bins has been nicked and we have to wait two fucking weeks for a replacement.

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #43916 on: May 24, 2024, 09:16:26 pm »
Luke Littler.

As has been said, he’s a Utd fan so it should come as no surprise he’s like that.
I always find the moment I find out so called celebs or actors,actresses,singers ,sports stars ,newsreaders etc support Utd I instantly dislike or in some cases hate them .
I not into golf but I remember Rory mcillroy winning some tournament I was thinking ,well done young man .he was unheard of to most people then and being interviewed he was asked what he was going to do with the prize money “.oh I’m going to get a season ticket at old Trafford “ …I wished him nowt but bad luck ever since .
But don’t get me started on eamon fucking holmes …Utd fan ,arrogance , ignorance and all round piece of shit

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43917 on: May 24, 2024, 10:18:08 pm »

Who's Luke Littler?

The 17 yr old darts player

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43918 on: May 25, 2024, 07:31:39 am »
Looks well older. Does he live on a diet of kebab shop pizzas?

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #43919 on: May 25, 2024, 08:31:40 am »
One of our recycling bins has been nicked and we have to wait two fucking weeks for a replacement.

Foxes have been forcing my food one open despite the handle being in the locked position. Eating half of the contents on the front drive leaving the rest strewn all over the shop. Then taking a shit next to it in a final 'fuck you' message.