Author Topic: The 'Negative Twats Annoy Me' thread  (Read 30912 times)

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
The 'Negative Twats Annoy Me' thread
« on: March 5, 2009, 06:20:54 pm »
Just been watching Liverpool Vs West Ham on LFCTV, a match that happened exactly one year ago and it's shown me that we have some seriously negative, fickle fans. I genuinly believe, not unlike most of the British public, some people love moaning for the sake of moaning and are only happy when they're miserable.

Liverpool Vs West Ham, 4-0, Torres hatrick. After winning this game we moved into forth place and managed to hold onto forth place to get us into the Champions League after fending off a credible fight by Everton. I was on the Kop that day and albeit we had just won 4-0 the atmosphere was generally jubilant, spirits were high before kick off. Torres was on fire last season and Gerrard was knocking them in. The future was bright and even though it didnt go quite according to plan it was inevitable that improvement was on its way. For some people that isnt good enough.

This season comes and just like last season Torres started well before injury struck which in all honestly has struck this season from his scrap book. In similar fasion to Gerrards younger days injury has blighted Torres' season. We have had to work pretty much without him with the exception of a few games that he made an impact. We go top and actually manage to stay there for more than one week.

Even though it has gone down hill, this season is not a disaster. The team has shown it's got a massive set of balls, the games we come from behind to win (including Man U) going to Chelsea and Real Madrid and winning. We are in a strong position in the Champions League and even though the title is all but lost, I believe we will finish within 7-10 points of Manchester United, an improvement on last season, without our main striker for the most part of the season.

I can understand why people are disappointed as we were so far ahead, even though Man U have had games in hand throughout our lead, but why does disappointment have to turn into downright miserable twats, to the extent of booing our own players? Saying things like 'I can't get motivated for tonights match' and 'I'll never sing Rafa's name'?

Is it just me who thinks that we are still improving all the time?

Don't get me wrong I understand why people are disappointed and I have no problems with constructive critism of our players but I do wish these miserable twats would fuck off and glory hunt somewhere else.

You're supporting the best team in the world, cheer up.

hoonin

Re: The 'Negative Twats Annoy Me' thread
« Reply #1 on: March 5, 2009, 06:29:05 pm »
Yeah, but......

Seriously, I agree with the general sentiment but it just re-enforces how lightweight we are up front without Torres. There aren't enough goals in the rest of the team to overcome that loss.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 5, 2009, 06:30:17 pm »

No lad. But as you can see from the amount of responses in here, compared to the Rafa is a twat and he's making us shite thread, it's the empty vessells that make the most noise.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline scouserscully

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: March 5, 2009, 06:31:24 pm »
I think fans have a right to be disappointed mate....

We go to Madrid and grind out a memorable 1 0 win which is fantastic but its in the Premiership where we are at fault

We play the same formation away to Madrid as we do when we play bottom half teams in the league...was at the Boro game Sat...we had 2 defensive midfielders...boro didnt even have that...we show poor sides too much respect

I think the manager is to blame...when you watch united play it is attack after attack...with us its mascherano giving the ball away and alonso seraching for passes that aren't available

We WONT win the league with this manager

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #4 on: March 5, 2009, 06:32:07 pm »
No lad. But as you can see from the amount of responses in here, compared to the Rafa is a twat and he's making us shite thread, it's the empty vessells that make the most noise.

It's a shame that's what it has deteriorated into, from the stands to the forums.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 5, 2009, 06:35:13 pm »

We go to Madrid and grind out a memorable 1 0 win which is fantastic but its in the Premier League where we are at fault

We play the same formation away to Madrid as we do when we play bottom half teams in the league...was at the Boro game Sat...we had 2 defensive midfielders...boro didnt even have that...we show poor sides too much respect

I think the manager is to blame...when you watch united play it is attack after attack...with us its mascherano giving the ball away and alonso seraching for passes that aren't available

... excactly this kind of posts make me tired... very tired...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Heathcote_Simpleton

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: March 5, 2009, 06:41:11 pm »
There are plenty that know this.

Don’t take this forum as representative of all LFC supporters.

Imagine the reasonable best-case scenario from here?

Beat Mancs, come a close second in the league and win the CL, possibly beating the Mancs along the way again.

That would be pretty impressive and be more evidence of continued improvement.  And it would be the same no marks on here that have been slating the side that then  come out and say we are the best side in the world.

See-saw.
"Liverpool is a fantastic club with a remarkable history and a passionate fan base. We fully acknowledge and appreciate the unique heritage and rich history of Liverpool and intend to respect this heritage in the future."

Tom Hicks and George Gillett

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 5, 2009, 06:42:10 pm »
Change the "O" to an "A" and add the word "to" after it and you have a point. If not, you're chatting shit.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #8 on: March 5, 2009, 06:42:38 pm »

No, your not the only one. Were not perfect either, but I honestly believe we are moving in the right direction, but it will take time (be prepared for the Mancs to win 18 & 19) before we get there. The bar has been raised incredibly high by in the Premiership by the Mancs, hence why, not just us, but all the English clubs are now regularly beating the big European clubs.

As people have said before, if we were in any other league we would be champions by now.

Slightly off topic - has anyone noticed how all that talk a few years back about Celtic and Rangers joining the Premiership has died. Why? Because a few seasons ago they might have had a chance of being in the top 6 or 7 clubs, but they wouldnt stand a chance now.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 5, 2009, 06:45:48 pm »
As I said constructive critism is fine as is disappointment, I'm not claiming to be a superfan, I just see the bright side whereas some people belive we have lost as soon as the team sheet arrives, or boo a player when he comes onto the pitch, or expect disappointment. The ammount of people who held Rafa as a god like being when we were top and then believe he is ruining the club is unbelievable.

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: March 5, 2009, 06:47:35 pm »
The ammount of people who held Rafa as a god like being when we were top and then believe he is ruining the club is unbelievable.

Like I said,

It's a fucking see-saw
"Liverpool is a fantastic club with a remarkable history and a passionate fan base. We fully acknowledge and appreciate the unique heritage and rich history of Liverpool and intend to respect this heritage in the future."

Offline scouserscully

• Main Stander
« Reply #11 on: March 5, 2009, 06:48:24 pm »
Change the "O" to an "A" and add the word "to" after it and you have a point. If not, you're chatting shit.
The club is in tatters and an insult to the way it was run in the past...

The way we do our washing in public these days is a disgrace....every day there is a new headline in the papers...

It should not be happening...sort it out!!!

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 5, 2009, 06:53:32 pm »

The way we do our washing in public these days is a disgrace....every day there is a new headline in the papers...
I agree with the first paragraph. However, would you rather Rafa kept quiet on the issue whilst the club quietly went down the pan? I know I wouldn't. His "outbursts", if they are indeed premeditated are, IMO, him attempting to get things out in the open in order to help the club.

However, I don't think they are "outbursts". He's been asked about the contract issue, amongst other things, and he has to reply. If he doesn't then the press will pick up on it as "Rafa refuses to comment on contract" or "Rafa doesn't want the contract as he attempts to engineer a move to Real" etc. If he doesn't comment on it the press will do so for him.

The only way out for him is if he refused to do press conferences, which I'd say the media would react badly to anwyay. It's lose/lose for him whatever he does.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2009, 06:55:09 pm by the_prodigal_s0n »

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 5, 2009, 06:54:40 pm »
Like I said all along the jury can wait until the end of the season. If all goes well then that will be tremendous. If the implosion from the past two - three months continues then the owners will want a clear plan from Rafa who will probably get one more chance in the league to really challenge for the title.  I would not be surprised if the owners wait until season end before finalizing Rafa's contract as if their plan does become one more year then I am sure they want to see where we sit in May. Wouldn't you?

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 5, 2009, 07:00:13 pm »
Success breeds expectation though. We were never really in with a shout after christmas last year so it was similar to previous seasons. The difference this year is we were actually in with a decent chance but for one reason or another the wheels came off hence the frustration amongst alot of fans. I totall agree with you that we are definitely improving but the league is getting harder to win. There's no really shite teams like derby and sunderland from previous years who picked up about 14 points each throughout the whole season. 40 points may not even be enough to stay up which is quite incredible based on previous seasons. The overall standard of the league has improved and that's why comparisons with our 82 point finish a few season back as signs we aren't improving aren't really valid.

Offline paranoidmike

• They're watching me, I swear.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #15 on: March 5, 2009, 07:01:25 pm »

Strange how the Martin O'Neil for manager knobheads have all gone quite. Now why do you think that is?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #16 on: March 5, 2009, 07:03:26 pm »
I'm happy with the progression that the team, manager and club have made. Especially with the crap going on off the field with all parties.

Despite all this we've been rising higher and more assuredly within the league.

Wasn't that long ago since we couldn't qualify for Europe and were humilitated ala Everton when we finally got there. Wasn't that long ago we'd all be seriously delighted at the chance of regularly finishing within the 'Champions' League berth - for either qualifying or carrying on.

5 Years ago if you'd asked us if we thought we'd win the 'Champions' League, get to a Final of that competition, win an FA Cup and beat Real Madrid, Barcelona and Inter Milan on their own patch you'd have been laughed out of the pub.

Now we're an established, respected and feared European side. The #1 in the Whole of Europe in fact.

We're an established and stable (On the field) 4th placed CL qualifying side.

Gone are the days of 25,000 attendances. Gone of the days of wondering if we'd get to Europe. Gone are the days of getting twatted publically by any half decent European side.

People forget this.

I don't.

I'm personally fucking made up with where we are and where we appear to be heading.

As I said. Brilliant.

We're spoilt. That's our problem right there. We EXPECT stuff that we have no right to. It's that expectation that is driving the shite. That and the Mancs just about catching us up.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline paranoidmike

• They're watching me, I swear.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #17 on: March 5, 2009, 07:07:07 pm »
I'm happy with the progression that the team, manager and club have made. Especially with the crap going on off the field with all parties.

Despite all this we've been rising higher and more assuredly within the league.

Wasn't that long ago since we couldn't qualify for Europe and were humilitated ala Everton when we finally got there. Wasn't that long ago we'd all be seriously delighted at the chance of regularly finishing within the 'Champions' League berth - for either qualifying or carrying on.

5 Years ago if you'd asked us if we thought we'd win the 'Champions' League, get to a Final of that competition, win an FA Cup and beat Real Madrid, Barcelona and Inter Milan on their own patch you'd have been laughed out of the pub.

Now we're an established, respected and feared European side. The #1 in the Whole of Europe in fact.

We're an established and stable (On the field) 4th placed CL qualifying side.

Gone are the days of 25,000 attendances. Gone of the days of wondering if we'd get to Europe. Gone are the days of getting twatted publically by any half decent European side.

People forget this.

I don't.

I'm personally fucking made up with where we are and where we appear to be heading.

As I said. Brilliant.

We're spoilt. That's our problem right there. We EXPECT stuff that we have no right to. It's that expectation that is driving the shite. That and the Mancs just about catching us up.

Its taken the Mancs 24 years to catch us up. We only have to win it next year and they're playing catch up again.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 5, 2009, 07:10:53 pm »

There was none of that shite going on when Moores was in charge for Rafa's few seasons and it's no coincidence all this started when those two twats took over.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 5, 2009, 07:11:58 pm »

Not being funny lad, but how old are you?
See, the thing about the old days, is just that... they were the old days - we were winning everything in sight. The media wasn't there waiting to pounce on any/every snippet and spinning it meet their agenda. Also, we had strong but silent fellas like Smith and Robinson in the boardroom, but don't think Shanks wasn't ready to use the media everytime he felt like. There was a time when he was threatening to quit every other day until he got his way over what ever it was he wanted. Sadly, nowadays the reverse of all that is the case. But as for Rafa using the media, on some levels - note I said on some levels so don't be going on one - it's not that much different to Shankly's.

And if Rafa hadn't gone public on some occasions - how the fuck would we have known the extent of the shite going on behind locked doors?

But I know what you mean, and I also wish it wasn't happening. But don't confuse the issue and think it's just Rafa making noise for the sake of it.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 5, 2009, 07:12:04 pm »
The last week showed exactly what team we've been for too long. Get an excellent result against one of Europe's best away from home and hardly give them a sniff and then a few days later we lose to one of the shittest teams in our league. Our main problem is getting the first goal in games early enough so we can go on and get more.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #21 on: March 5, 2009, 07:12:06 pm »

Its taken the Mancs 24 years to catch us up. We only have to win it next year and they're playing catch up again.

That's a nice thought mate :)

We'll be pissed if we they catch us up.

Imagine how pissed they'll be if they catch us up and then we overtake them and then disappear into the distance. Ferguson is getting on a bit - equalling us might be enough for him or if he pushes to overtake us and gets beaten once - we win the league once - that's one he HAS to win to equal us again with time running out.

Might make interesting seasons :)

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #22 on: March 5, 2009, 07:14:38 pm »
Not being funny lad, but how old are you?
See, the thing about the old days, is just that... they were the old days - we were winning everything in sight. The media wasn't there waiting to pounce on any/every snippet and spinning it meet their agenda. Also, we had strong but silent fellas like Smith and Robinson in the boardroom, but don't think Shanks wasn't ready to use the media everytime he felt like. There was a time when he was threatening to quit every other day until he got his way over what ever it was he wanted. Sadly, nowadays the reverse of all that is the case. But as for Rafa using the media, on some levels - note I said on some levels so don't be going on one - it's not that much different to Shankly's.

And if Rafa hadn't gone public on some occasions - how the fuck would we have known the extent of the shite going on behind locked doors?

But I know what you mean, and I also wish it wasn't happening. But don't confuse the issue and think it's just Rafa making noise for the sake of it.

You've got a good point there mate.

I don't mind admitting I thought all the stuff being said on the forums - even by respected in the know people - I just didn't believe on any level. I was in complete denial that our club could be in such a mess.

And I was dead wrong. Absolutely. It was only Rafa going public that woke me up and made me think "Shit! What the hell is going on?!"

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #23 on: March 5, 2009, 07:14:44 pm »
Yeah, but......

Seriously, I agree with the general sentiment but it just re-enforces how lightweight we are up front without Torres. There aren't enough goals in the rest of the team to overcome that loss.

We go to Madrid and grind out a memorable 1 0 win which is fantastic but its in the Premier League where we are at fault

See here's what I don't get though.

If we're so reliant on Torres, so hopelessly toothless without him, and if we are hampered as well by such a catious, negative manager...

How the hell have Utd only scored 3 more than us in one more game?

How are we, without our main striker and playing football that supposedly even George Graham would dismiss as dull, the joint 2nd highest scorers in the prem, level with 'gung ho' city, and ahead of 'most attackiest team in the world ever' Arsenal and 'British style passion wingers and goals' Aston Villa?

Now, I'm not about to pretent that Rafa is a 'gung ho' manager. Nor am I going to suggest with a straight face that our attack is up there with Utd's just yet...

But we are a LONG way from toothless without Torres (who hasn't been involved in any of our bigger wins this season, except Everton away and Chelsea home), and we certainly don't play defensive, counter attacking football aiming only not to concede.

Our GD against Utd and Chelsea is far more down to goals leaked than goals scored.

Can I also point out that when Man Utd play it isn't 'attack after attack'. What a load of bullshit. If you really think that you haven't been watching them play this season...they've been very controlled, and actually (when I've seen them) play more defensively than we do after going a goal up...like Newcastle yesterday. Once they got the lead they barely attacked for the rest of the game.

Also, if you honestly think (2nd poster quoted) that we WON'T win it with Rafa...well mate. You might as well give up now because there's no-one better out there. No one. The only managers with records to touch him have won their big trophies at bigger (certainly based on recent history) clubs with much more money (EG Cappello, Lippi, Mourinho etc)
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #24 on: March 5, 2009, 07:17:13 pm »
See here's what I don't get though.

If we're so reliant on Torres, so hopelessly toothless without him, and if we are hampered as well by such a catious, negative manager...

How the hell have Utd only scored 3 more than us in one more game?

How are we, without our main striker and playing football that supposedly even George Graham would dismiss as dull, the joint 2nd highest scorers in the prem, level with 'gung ho' city, and ahead of 'most attackiest team in the world ever' Arsenal and 'British style passion wingers and goals' Aston Villa?

Now, I'm not about to pretent that Rafa is a 'gung ho' manager. Nor am I going to suggest with a straight face that our attack is up there with Utd's just yet...

But we are a LONG way from toothless without Torres (who hasn't been involved in any of our bigger wins this season, except Everton away and Chelsea home), and we certainly don't play defensive, counter attacking football aiming only not to concede.

Our GD against Utd and Chelsea is far more down to goals leaked than goals scored.

Can I also point out that when Man Utd play it isn't 'attack after attack'. What a load of bullshit. If you really think that you haven't been watching them play this season...they've been very controlled, and actually (when I've seen them) play more defensively than we do after going a goal up...like Newcastle yesterday. Once they got the lead they barely attacked for the rest of the game.

Also, if you honestly think (2nd poster quoted) that we WON'T win it with Rafa...well mate. You might as well give up now because there's no-one better out there. No one. The only managers with records to touch him have won their big trophies at bigger (certainly based on recent history) clubs with much more money (EG Cappello, Lippi, Mourinho etc)

Exactly - I remember the press saying we weren't attacking and were dull - and were two years highest scorers - in one season scoring 126 goals - shit loads more goals than anyone else - and the press said we didn't.

And some of our fans and all the other fans believed them.

Those times we absolutely twat someone - the media always claim it's because 'they're shite'

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 5, 2009, 07:17:28 pm »
That's a nice thought mate :)

We'll be pissed if we they catch us up.

Imagine how pissed they'll be if they catch us up and then we overtake them and then disappear into the distance. Ferguson is getting on a bit - equalling us might be enough for him or if he pushes to overtake us and gets beaten once - we win the league once - that's one he HAS to win to equal us again with time running out.

Might make interesting seasons :)

They've actually been playing catch up since 1973!
 :lickin

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #26 on: March 5, 2009, 07:20:49 pm »
They've actually been playing catch up since 1973!
 :lickin

All I know is that it's a long, long, long, long, long time...

And IF we keep Rafa and IF we get the ownership thing sorted - or at least back to an acceptable level - then they are going to have real problems keeping ahead.

And I can't see it being 35 years till we roll past them.

Offline scouserscully

• Main Stander
« Reply #27 on: March 5, 2009, 07:30:07 pm »
Look its as simple as this....people have a right to be negative when we are on the papers every day for negative reasons...

whoever is to blame i dont think any liverpool fan could pinpoint, its probably the americans but rafa has to be to blame for some of it....

sort it out!!!

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #28 on: March 5, 2009, 07:32:07 pm »
Look its as simple as this....people have a right to be negative when we are on the papers every day for negative reasons...

whoever is to blame i dont think any liverpool fan could pinpoint, its probably the americans but rafa has to be to blame for some of it....

sort it out!!!

so its the papers that make you think this way?
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

• Kopite
« Reply #29 on: March 5, 2009, 07:32:48 pm »

sort it out!!!

What if it is mainly the papers themselves mate?

Why are we responsible for their sh!t about rotation, zonal marking etc?

What should we do about this?

And why do you think they are doing it?

sort it out mate.

Offline Crazynumber9

• Legacy Fan
  • Be afraid!
« Reply #30 on: March 5, 2009, 07:43:56 pm »
Nice thread but dont expect a positive response I've begun to despair at some of the idiots who 'support ' our club.
Proudly an internet terrorist since 2010!

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 5, 2009, 07:54:07 pm »
These clowns are part of the new "sky generation" who get spoon fed utter bollocks in the media and just come on forums and regurgitate it like puking babies. Most of them couldn't form their own opinion if their life depended on it and they seem to follow others like sheep.

Sadly their numbers are growing, which is a worry.

Offline jamiehill

• Kopite
  • MacIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt
« Reply #32 on: March 5, 2009, 08:00:25 pm »
Like I said all along the jury can wait until the end of the season. If all goes well then that will be tremendous. If the implosion from the past two - three months continues then the owners will want a clear plan from Rafa who will probably get one more chance in the league to really challenge for the title.  I would not be surprised if the owners wait until season end before finalizing Rafa's contract as if their plan does become one more year then I am sure they want to see where we sit in May. Wouldn't you?

No. But then I'm not George Gillette. Are you?
The English club proved that miracles really do exist. I've now made Liverpool my English team. They showed that football is the most beautiful sport of all. They showed their unconditional support at half-time when they were losing 3-0 and still they didn't stop singing." Diego Maradona

Offline tonypaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #33 on: March 5, 2009, 08:02:02 pm »
Of course we have progressed this season, at least so far.  The points total does not lie.  The Mancs will get more points than ever before if they continue like up until now, but equally we will get the highest total during Rafa's time if we continue getting points at the same rate as we have been getting.  I'm happy with our team, only a fool would not be...

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #34 on: March 5, 2009, 08:04:11 pm »
there are over negative twats, overly positive twats, and the realist twats... im one of them, you are one of them... we all are...

I think there is a truth to a lot of the negativity, but its not always bad negativity, its constructive negativity...
also, in regards to being top all season then finishing 2nd or 3rd or 4th, its a worse scenario to be in for your mindset than being in 4th, or 3rd and finishing 1st or 2nd, as a stronger finish in any sport breeds confidence for the next stage..

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
« Reply #35 on: March 5, 2009, 08:11:18 pm »
Quality posts all around, and it's not surprising considering the negative twats are probably a bit scared of positivity.  All in all this seasons been fucking lovely, top of the league for a bit, beating the mancs, beating Chelsea, and still being a force in Europe.  One thing I don't understand is where people get the idea that, "Rafa's gotten us as far as he can." For one thing we've improved in the League and not the Chelsea way but our way.  He's built a squad on a budget that would make Aston Villa laugh and he's put us in and around the top, all while the football itself has changed completely.  Had we not sacked Houllier do you think we'd be where we are now?  Had we brought in an English manager do you think we'd be where we are now?  To my mind no, we'd probably be in the Championship, and yet we made the right choice, brought Rafa in and we're cutting him off at the knees.  We supporters have no right to expect anything other then watching Liverpool kick a sphere around a large rectangle, and hopefully into another rectangle, anything else is inconsequential.  If we support Liverpool from the perspective that they should win everything and look good doing it of course there will be cries for Rafa's head, and of course people won't like N'gog or Lucas playing.  It's also the wholly wrong perspective to have, we need to throw off this mentality of demanding consumers, wishing to be given heaven and earth to please us.  We have no right to demand anything because Liverpool isn't a product. 
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 5, 2009, 08:16:14 pm »
It's also the wholly wrong perspective to have, we need to throw off this mentality of demanding consumers, wishing to be given heaven and earth to please us.  We have no right to demand anything because Liverpool isn't a product. 

We live in "I can buy everything if I only had the money"-world. Which is changing though.... right now... Too many "products" have turned out to be not tradeable... like company shares... but that´s another topic..
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #37 on: March 5, 2009, 08:17:52 pm »

Exactly - I remember the press saying we weren't attacking and were dull - and were two years highest scorers - in one season scoring 126 goals - shit loads more goals than anyone else - and the press said we didn't.

And some of our fans and all the other fans believed them.

Those times we absolutely twat someone - the media always claim it's because 'they're shite'

Also, if we conceded a STUPID late goal, a la Wigan, (after the most uncontrolled half of British style gung ho 'try and get it to the striker first pass every pass' thoughtless crap football I've ever seen under Rafa), it's ALWAYS because we 'don't go for it enough'...never because of a stupid defensive mistake. Never because we should have just held on to grind out a win...

Even if said late goal comes as a direct result of us having most of our players up the pitch needlessly chasing a second goal in a match we're leading 1-0 against an opposition who never looked even remotely close to scoring in the first half, when we were playing far more Rafa-like. *sigh*.

Same at Arsenal coming to think of it. The most dominant 11 v 11 performance any team has put on at their place since Wenger's been in charge (just look at how much we outpassed, outpossessed and outcreated them, it's ridiculous...never has that team seen so little of the ball) and we lost due to being 'too negative'. Nothing at all to do with Arsenal playing some of their best football of the season going down to ten men...and being the better team for a spell.

I'm sure chucking on a striker for a 'holding' (as opposed to Man Utd's holding midfielders, who are of course totally attack minded despite playing just as deeply as ours do, not making any more forward runs and not scoring any more goals) midfielder would really have helped us seeing as we couldn't get hold of the ball and they were putting our back 4 under significant pressure for the only spell in the whole match.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline lucid-tentacles

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Living for the moment
« Reply #38 on: March 5, 2009, 08:28:03 pm »
Thank you andy@allerton and FAT SCOUSER i was beginning to wonder after 3 months in india and coming back to a load of crap on the forums where the true fans were. I feel a lot better now that i've read this thread. I'm with andy in that we are still progressing even though we have fuck all money and i'm with FAT SCOUSER keep on telling them like it is. Seems like a lot of fans prefer to believe the media rather than in Rafa. It's no surprise to me that out of the top 6 teams only 1 team has a manager who hasn't been there for a substantial amount of time  Chelsea (and if you can't do well with a squad like that well ?). I look forward to finishing 2nd this year and hopefully one better next year.

Ps a mention to lfc_bhoy  Spot on
« Last Edit: March 5, 2009, 08:31:40 pm by lucid-tentacles »
I don't mind waitin', don't mind waitin'
Cause no matter how long it takes
All of us know
That it's getting better
Growing stronger, warm and wilder
Getting better everyday,

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 5, 2009, 08:45:40 pm »
True fans are also entitled to be frustrated with some of the players, at the results and to question some decisions.
But of course we should accept those decisions, and understand that we were at best fighting for third and fourth this year and that we are slowly improving. That said, the losing of ground to other teams, and some of the draws has been utterly frustrating and I as a true fan can be also frustrated too.
Yep.