Author Topic: One Man's Mission to X $44 billion Goodbye  (Read 73717 times)

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
Re: Twitter
« Reply #520 on: July 6, 2023, 09:33:34 pm »
https://mashable.com/article/thread-people-you-follow-feed

Convoluted and not chronological, but at least you can do it.

Smashing, ta 👍
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #521 on: July 6, 2023, 09:36:22 pm »
Massively. Zuck will be using it to generate data to train the Meta AI too. I see Musk is threatening to sue, which he should. It's criminal they keep stealing from other apps the way they did with Snapchat for Instagram.

Musk can get to fuck, sue  :lmao 

Like he bought the rights to all social media when he showed his arse to the Saudis.

(I say this as a non user)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #522 on: July 6, 2023, 10:24:07 pm »
Massively. Zuck will be using it to generate data to train the Meta AI too. I see Musk is threatening to sue, which he should. It's criminal they keep stealing from other apps the way they did with Snapchat for Instagram.
im not sure I believe that letter.

It doesn’t read like a lawyers written it.

I’d wait until it’s actuary confirmed

Edit: scratch that, Musk has pretty much confirmed it in his replies

Incredibly stupid
« Last Edit: July 6, 2023, 10:32:29 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: July 7, 2023, 02:12:09 am »
You guys who are signing up to Threads deserve Brexit, there I said it.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #524 on: July 7, 2023, 08:20:21 am »

The fact they aren't launching in the EU should be setting off alarm bells.

it was only ever all about data harvesting

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: July 7, 2023, 08:43:10 am »
it was only ever all about data harvesting

As of 5 hours ago they had 55m new users to get that from. If they get around to resolve the EU issues they'll literally turn Twitter into a modern day MySpace.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: July 7, 2023, 08:47:20 am »

It doesn’t read like a lawyers written it.

I’d wait until it’s actuary confirmed

Edit: scratch that, Musk has pretty much confirmed it in his replies

Incredibly stupid

Surprised it contained no memes or poop emojis.

I’ve actually been using Twitter more in the past 24 hours. The fallout is hilarious - weird Elon nerds are so enraged and defiant. Total Everton vibes at the minute.

Also noticed man city have more threads followers than us or Utd, so it would seem bots have migrated too.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2023, 08:49:28 am by thejbs »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: July 7, 2023, 09:15:56 am »
Does anyone have a link to a copy of the letter. All I can find are various truncated quotes.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #528 on: July 7, 2023, 09:30:14 am »
For me personally Threads really needs a people you are following tab that where you build up your community knowing that accounts they repost or reply would be more than likely be someone you should follow.

With just the one thread to much stuff I have no interest in and you can't escape it.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: July 7, 2023, 11:20:44 pm »
For me personally Threads really needs a people you are following tab that where you build up your community knowing that accounts they repost or reply would be more than likely be someone you should follow.

With just the one thread to much stuff I have no interest in and you can't escape it.

I'm sure they have all the updates ready to go, it's great that that twat is having a fit, x-corp ? what a twat.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: July 8, 2023, 11:46:57 am »
Apparently, Musk is suing the law firm that successfully stopped him walking away from his twitter takeover :lmao
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: July 8, 2023, 12:52:46 pm »
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: July 15, 2023, 07:47:56 pm »
Look like the "Rate Limit" bullshit is coming back again.   :D

Users have reported same issues like previosly.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: July 15, 2023, 11:08:55 pm »
sorry Mr Musk - what's that?  you've fucked Twitter good and proper, and lied about its financial health??

Elon Musk disclosed on Twitter Saturday that, due to a 50% drop in advertising revenue and a “heavy debt load,” the platform still has a negative cash flow.

The billionaire owner tweeted Saturday, in response to business advice from a follower, “Need to reach positive cash flow before we have the luxury of anything else.”

The tweet is in stark contrast to his tone in April, when Musk told the BBC the platform is now “roughly breaking even” and that most of its advertisers have returned.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/15/business/twitter-cash-flow-elon-musk/index.html

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: July 15, 2023, 11:15:33 pm »
I hope the bastard sinks it.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: July 15, 2023, 11:17:32 pm »
I hope the bastard sinks it.
wash your mouth out.  the man is a genius!!!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: July 15, 2023, 11:35:08 pm »
It's already sinking. Twittertanic hit a Musk shaped iceberg on April 14 2022. It's just a question of when.

*and yes, I know the takeover went through in the October, but the process started in the April.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: July 17, 2023, 04:17:08 pm »
This is the most Musk thing he has ever done,the racist c*nt that he is.

Twitter 'ghosted' Africa employees without severance pay or benefits: report

Employees of Twitter Africa who were laid off after cost-cutting measures went into effect after Elon Musk took over the platform have not received any severance pay over seven months, CNN reported.

“They literally ghosted us,” one former Twitter Africa employee said. “Although Twitter has eventually settled former staff in other locations, Africa staff have still been left in the lurch despite us eventually agreeing to specific negotiated terms.”

The employees, who were based in the Ghanaian capital Accra, reluctantly accepted an offer of three months' severance pay without benefits.

“Twitter was non-responsive until we agreed to the three months because we were all so stressed and exhausted and tired of the uncertainty, reluctant to take on the extra burdens of a court case so we felt we had no choice but to settle,” another former employee told CNN.

When CNN reached out to Twitter for comment, it received an automated response in the form of a poop emoji -- which Musk tweeted in March would be the standard response to all press inquiries.

“Unfortunately, it appears that after having unethically implemented their terminations in violation of their own promises and Ghana’s laws, dragging the negotiation process out for over half a year, now that we have come to the point of almost settlement, there has been complete silence from them for several weeks,” said Carla Olympio, who is an attorney who is representing the former employees.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: July 17, 2023, 04:24:36 pm »
This is the most Musk thing he has ever done,the racist c*nt that he is.
and he doesn't even try to hide it any more.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #539 on: July 23, 2023, 04:17:14 pm »
Twitter is no more….

He’s changing the name to something with an X in it…

That will sort it….sigh
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: July 23, 2023, 04:23:44 pm »
Or is it just the letter X?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: July 23, 2023, 04:28:23 pm »
That’s the end of it really. Once the brand is gone - it will disintegrate much like Musk’s image.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #542 on: July 23, 2023, 04:29:15 pm »
Fucking hell he can seriously write a book on how to kill and investment.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #543 on: July 23, 2023, 09:20:17 pm »
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 09:54:55 pm by Trada »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: July 23, 2023, 10:26:57 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: July 23, 2023, 11:21:05 pm »
In 40 minutes it's going to be called X.  ;D

This platform is finished.  ;D

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: July 23, 2023, 11:33:38 pm »
Can't wait to send some xeets.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #547 on: July 23, 2023, 11:34:25 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: July 23, 2023, 11:36:49 pm »
By the way its' not called tweets any more but called "An X".  ;D

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: July 24, 2023, 01:18:19 am »
Musk has lost the plot, isn't he pegged as some kind of visionary?, when in reality all of his endeavours were funded using his fathers wealth from mining emeralds in Apartheid South Africa, what a lovely family they must be.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: July 24, 2023, 01:30:26 am »
Musk has lost the plot, isn't he pegged as some kind of visionary?, when in reality all of his endeavours were funded using his fathers wealth from mining emeralds in Apartheid South Africa, what a lovely family they must be.

Saudi money paid for twitter.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: July 24, 2023, 02:07:09 am »
Musk is someone who's brilliant at running hardware-based companies while being completely incapable of running a social platform like Twitter, particularly now his ego (and possibly his drug use) has skyrocketed out of control. The flattering appearances in shows like the Simpsons and Rick and Morty seem a long way away, it feels like he's going through the longest midlife crisis in history.

Say what you want about Zuckerberg, but at least he had the intelligence and self control to go by the data and get other smart people to handle the nuts and bolts of his social media platforms. The last time he went with his gut was the metaverse idea and it lost the company billions.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: July 24, 2023, 11:24:45 am »
I can't help but feel that he will turn around and claim, 'it was joke and you all fell for it'. This was was my view yesterday - and it could still turn out that way (even if it is a false face-saving claim to provide him with an 'out' to reverse course). Irrespective, if he has really rebranded Twitter as 'X', he's a fucking idiot. If it turns out to be some kind of (claimed) joke, he's fucking idiot. In short, he's fucking idiot.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #553 on: July 24, 2023, 12:32:12 pm »
The bird has now gone, replaced with the X.

Nothing else seems to have changed.

Oddly the bird is gone if you log in, in a browser but the bird is still there on the App

« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 12:34:12 pm by Trada »

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #554 on: July 24, 2023, 01:09:07 pm »
Good design choice that. Doesn't look anything like the close window x

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: July 24, 2023, 01:13:49 pm »
Annoyingly they seem to have "fixed" the For You tab for me. For ages it hasn't worked and just showed the exact same as the Following tab, which is great for me as I have no interest in tweets from random people I don't follow being inserted into my feed and meant I didn't have to keep switching back to Following every time I opened the app. Now its full of random shite tweets again.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: July 24, 2023, 01:31:56 pm »
The app has gone to shit anyway, every five tweets is followed by an ad. He's no visionary, he's a c*nt.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: July 24, 2023, 01:33:38 pm »
It has to be a joke, literally nothing has changed apart from the logo!

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: July 24, 2023, 01:35:34 pm »
By the way its' not called tweets any more but called "An X".  ;D

Like Crimea?

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: July 24, 2023, 02:50:00 pm »

here I'm thinking he's only changing the name so he can claim that he "founded" Twitter/X in a few years time. That's what the fraud is good at.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”