Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 2114491 times)

Offline Foregone Concussion

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #50400 on: July 11, 2019, 06:07:14 PM »
Did you like Sindbad as the Genie?

https://mashable.com/2016/12/23/sinbad-shazam-kazam-shaq/?europe=true

:D

That was shit though.

Bernard and the Genie on the other hand was absolutely brilliant.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #50401 on: July 13, 2019, 01:50:20 AM »
Watched the Hellboy reboot earlier.

Apart from some very dodgy CGI and shite dialogue, I enjoyed it. The action scenes were great, the monster designs were fantastic and Harbour played him well I thought.

Shame there won’t be a sequel to it.

Talking about Hellboy reminded me of a bizarre appearance by Ron Perlman and Kiefer Sutherland in one of my local Chinese restaurants in Chester (in a suburb called Hoole) the other month. Kiefer was there the night before too.
“We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.“ Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #50402 on: July 13, 2019, 03:56:20 PM »
Not a big fan of horrors/thrillers any more but Don't Breathe was nice for a change. Edge of my seat at times and a decent concept. Had its blatant flaws but oh well, it was a good watch.

Caught 'Don't Breath (2016)' on FILM4 last night.  Ages since I've watched a horror in the dark and really enjoyed it.  Pretty good effort from the director Fede Álvarez, who by all accounts wanted to make amends for criticisms received for his earlier movie 'Evil Dead (2013)'

Yeah there were blatant flaws and glaring plot holes but it was a nice edge of your seat, claustrophobic thriller that looked good.  It was one of the better home invasion genre movies I've seen.  Got quite good reviews all round too scoring highly on RT and IMDb.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #50403 on: July 13, 2019, 05:45:10 PM »
Talking about Hellboy reminded me of a bizarre appearance by Ron Perlman and Kiefer Sutherland in one of my local Chinese restaurants in Chester (in a suburb called Hoole) the other month. Kiefer was there the night before too.
WTF! I used to live in Hoole! What were they doing there (besides eating dinner)? Was it the Shanghai?
I know about the 10+ hoes a week, and it’s something I’m willing to do.

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #50404 on: July 13, 2019, 06:54:56 PM »
WTF! I used to live in Hoole! What were they doing there (besides eating dinner)? Was it the Shanghai?

Looking for you.

Online Claus

• MUFC bedwetter. It's not always fun or easy getting up. Only associates with saucy fuckers!
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50405 on: July 13, 2019, 10:17:28 PM »
Toy Story 4 was amazing, no idea how these guys keep doing it

Online Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #50406 on: July 13, 2019, 11:56:22 PM »
Just finished John Wick 3. Wasn't very impressed. Spent most of it wanting him to get a bullet to the eye.
Premier League Predictions 19/20 sign up thread -

LFC Predictions 19/20 -

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #50407 on: July 14, 2019, 11:44:03 AM »
Toy Story 4 was amazing, no idea how these guys keep doing it

Because each film is given a proper gestation period, with writes and re-writes, and with a long enough gap between releases to build up love and anticipation for the franchise.

Rather than a new CGI-fest being pumped out every 6 months by machine.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Claus

• MUFC bedwetter. It's not always fun or easy getting up. Only associates with saucy fuckers!
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50408 on: July 14, 2019, 05:20:54 PM »
Happy Con Air Day everyone! Hope you get to spend it with your loved ones, and also your family and friends.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #50409 on: July 15, 2019, 02:02:27 PM »
Anyone seen this? They've superimposed Jim Carrey's face oonto Jack Nicholson's in The Shinning

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HG_NZpkttXE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HG_NZpkttXE</a>

The technology is amazing, although quite scarey where it could lead.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Kloppite
« Reply #50410 on: July 15, 2019, 03:33:13 PM »
Anyone seen this? They've superimposed Jim Carrey's face oonto Jack Nicholson's in The Shinning

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HG_NZpkttXE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HG_NZpkttXE</a>

The technology is amazing, although quite scarey where it could lead.

Yes! I posted it above I think somewhere - did you not get any kind of weird Porophobic feelings whilst watching?
Continually on 11,420.

Online Jake

• Admiral Ackbar
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #50411 on: July 15, 2019, 07:35:43 PM »
Just thrown Creed 2 on for the first time. Hammy so far.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #50412 on: Yesterday at 12:44:42 AM »

Yeah, the Shanghai. hahaha.

There was a comic-con thing on in Wrexham, apparently, and Kiefer ended up in Hoole after asking for a recommendation for a Chinese restaurant. He liked it so much, he came back the next night with Ron Perlman.

https://www.chesterstandard.co.uk/news/17605283.stars-kiefer-sutherland-and-ron-perlman-spotted-in-hoole-chinese-restaurant/
“We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.“ Zlen, 30/12/18

Online Jake

• Admiral Ackbar
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #50413 on: Yesterday at 09:00:15 PM »
Just thrown Creed 2 on for the first time. Hammy so far.

It wa' shite. Only watched the creed films cos Wallace from the wire was in them and was disappointed with them both.

Offline Henry Gale

• Believer
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #50414 on: Today at 11:23:47 AM »
It wa' shite. Only watched the creed films cos Wallace from the wire was in them and was disappointed with them both.

For me they were both what I thought they would be. Not great but somewhat enjoyable in their own way. I did like him in Black Panther and I thought Fruitvale Station was very good.

It's a shame because he will never be in anything as good as The Wire but there's not a lot he can do about that  ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #50415 on: Today at 06:19:01 PM »
Is there going to be a new Judge Dredd movie? Last one was pretty cool, would love to see more of those.