Author Topic: Is Insua the/a missing link?  (Read 22635 times)

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
Re: Is Insua the/a missing link?
« Reply #160 on: March 5, 2009, 08:16:31 am »
Macedonian Red doesn't half chat some shit.

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: March 5, 2009, 08:57:06 am »

Why are people getting so sensitive if someone suggests anything that is not in accordance with the RAWK's official dogma ?

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #162 on: March 5, 2009, 09:04:36 am »
Very good again last night, though it was a game of possession football rather than one of defending.
How often are we faced with this situation?  More often than not.

hoonin

« Reply #163 on: March 5, 2009, 09:14:42 am »
Why are people getting so sensitive if someone suggests anything that is not in accordance with the RAWK's official dogma ?

Excuse me? What 'Official Dogma' would this be then? That one seems to have escaped me for 8 years....

Offline Macedonian_Red

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: March 5, 2009, 09:18:35 am »
Excuse me? What 'Official Dogma' would this be then? That one seems to have escaped me for 8 years....

In this case, the "official dogma" is that Dossena is shit and should be sold in the summer, and that Insua is ready to be the 1st choice left-back at LFC ... And if anyone suggest anything else, even just as an idea, should be burned on the stake by the Inquisition ...

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #165 on: March 5, 2009, 10:09:49 am »
I think its quite clear who is the sensitive one...

Offline Macedonian_Red

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: March 5, 2009, 10:26:11 am »
I think its quite clear who is the sensitive one...

Well, I have tried to explain an idea, and all I got back is "shit", "idiot", "stupid" ... The level of discussion here is becoming really low ...

By the way, nocturnalvin, they are freshly shaved, so feel free ...

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: March 5, 2009, 10:38:58 am »

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #168 on: March 5, 2009, 10:49:40 am »
Well, I have tried to explain an idea, and all I got back is "shit", "idiot", "stupid" ... The level of discussion here is becoming really low ...

Get a grip mate... ignore the name-calling and accept that your suggestion was poor. Why stoop to their level. You used to be able to take some teasing on your chin, and now you resort to shaving your little manhood marbles... c]mon.

Offline Macedonian_Red

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: March 5, 2009, 10:59:32 am »
Get a grip mate... ignore the name-calling and accept that your suggestion was poor. Why stoop to their level. You used to be able to take some teasing on your chin, and now you resort to shaving your little manhood marbles... c]mon.

To be honest, I am still able to take some beating, but there is nothing else left on these boards ... Maybe my suggestion was poor, maybe not, but no-one really bothers to discuss anything here ... Our players are either "shit" or "world class talent", with nothing in between ... We fall in love with our young players so easy, and once we are brought back to reality, we are starting to slate them ... There are simply too many extremes in our fan base these days ...

As for the marbles jokes, I hope you didn't get offended ...  ;)

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #170 on: March 5, 2009, 11:06:27 am »
To be honest, I am still able to take some beating, but there is nothing else left on these boards ... Maybe my suggestion was poor, maybe not, but no-one really bothers to discuss anything here ... Our players are either "shit" or "world class talent", with nothing in between ... We fall in love with our young players so easy, and once we are brought back to reality, we are starting to slate them ... There are simply too many extremes in our fan base these days ...

As for the marbles jokes, I hope you didn't get offended ...  ;)

Nah...no offence taken.

Get back on track, and discuss on the huge talent that young Emiliano is.

Offline Macedonian_Red

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 5, 2009, 11:14:54 am »
Get back on track, and discuss on the huge talent that young Emiliano is.

That is exactly the reason why I am concerned ... The other two huge talents (Babel and Lucas) are slowly heading towards the Anfield exit door ... Something went wrong there ...

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #172 on: March 5, 2009, 11:23:03 am »
mac_red, that is not the fans fault. football is an entertainment sport, we havent been entertained.

granted, i agree with you that fans have not treated babel and lucas very well, but i think insua has a different mentality compared to the 2. but rafa has hardly helped himself in this matter, benayoun has made just 14 starts this season, and gets rested, and the story is much similar to babel, and extremely different to carra and kuyt.

i wouldnt loan insua until i saw one of hammill, anderson, leto or any other loanee, get a chance in the first team. there is a trend with loanee's, more often than not, they are shipped out again and again, insua will only suffer the same fate.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #173 on: March 5, 2009, 11:27:54 am »
That is exactly the reason why I am concerned ... The other two huge talents (Babel and Lucas) are slowly heading towards the Anfield exit door ... Something went wrong there ...

Talent is one thing, the ability to continuously display it is another.
I think Babel is pretty much out, not too sure about Lucas.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #174 on: March 5, 2009, 11:29:13 am »
there is a trend with loanee's, more often than not, they are shipped out again and again, insua will only suffer the same fate.

Ya... would love Mac_Red to send out his computer worms now, and tell us some of the "successful loanees"

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #175 on: March 5, 2009, 11:32:12 am »

You have a point there but, at the same time, LL & RB did not spend 2/3 years adjusting the to the English style.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #176 on: March 5, 2009, 11:51:48 am »
mac_red, that is not the fans fault. football is an entertainment sport, we havent been entertained.

And therein lies the problem of why "supporters" act as they do.

Footballers are not playing to entertain. They are playing to win.

Cinema is for entertainment.

I enjoy watching us play every match. I hate some results, get frustrated, but at no time do I need to be "entertained".
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #177 on: March 5, 2009, 11:57:03 am »
Fabio is still the boss. Insua is the young pretender who will get his day at Anfield. Rafa has put a lot of trust in him this season and he's not let us down.

and sattapal please shut up, are you a Liverpool fan, you'd rather be entertained would you? I'd rather win shit.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: March 5, 2009, 12:45:05 pm »
Don't recognise the comparisons between Insua with Lucas and Babel.  Insua has come in and impressed, the other two haven't really done that.

The jury's still out on all 3 but I've been far more convinced by Insua than Lucas and Babel.  Insua for me is close to being our 1st choice LB.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: March 5, 2009, 12:45:59 pm »

And you're everything that is wrong with football today, you parasite.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #180 on: March 5, 2009, 02:06:31 pm »
Don't recognise the comparisons between Insua with Lucas and Babel.  Insua has come in and impressed, the other two haven't really done that.

The jury's still out on all 3 but I've been far more convinced by Insua than Lucas and Babel.  Insua for me is close to being our 1st choice LB.
you do know that Insua has been here longer right? he's not a new player.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Macedonian_Red

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 5, 2009, 02:56:42 pm »
You have a point there but, at the same time, LL & RB did not spend 2/3 years adjusting the to the English style.

You are correct on that one, but I have a feeling that Insua, despite all of his talent, is still not ready for a full-time starter's job ... Maybe he will prove me wrong, and I will be very happy with that, because it will free at least 4-5 million that we could get for Dossena at any time in Italy ...

On the topic of introducing youngsters to senior-level football ... It is not a coincidence that Rafa, on several occasions, suggested a change in the rules that will allow the Reserve teams to play in lower league ranks ... The whole Spanish system of introducing youngsters, especially at bigger clubs, is based on their B-teams playing against senior competition in lower league ranks ... That kind of competition gives the youngsters a much better chance of making that last step to Real's or Barca's senior teams ... I know that a change like that is very unlikely in England, but until some reform of the Reserve-level football is made, the introduction process of the youngsters will be a difficult task ...

I hope that Rafa will find out a way to overcome that gap, because we have some really talented youngsters that could become a serious improvement on our 1st team in the coming years ...

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #182 on: March 5, 2009, 06:38:22 pm »
You are correct on that one, but I have a feeling that Insua, despite all of his talent, is still not ready for a full-time starter's job ... Maybe he will prove me wrong, and I will be very happy with that, because it will free at least 4-5 million that we could get for Dossena at any time in Italy ...

On the topic of introducing youngsters to senior-level football ... It is not a coincidence that Rafa, on several occasions, suggested a change in the rules that will allow the Reserve teams to play in lower league ranks ... The whole Spanish system of introducing youngsters, especially at bigger clubs, is based on their B-teams playing against senior competition in lower league ranks ... That kind of competition gives the youngsters a much better chance of making that last step to Real's or Barca's senior teams ... I know that a change like that is very unlikely in England, but until some reform of the Reserve-level football is made, the introduction process of the youngsters will be a difficult task ...

I hope that Rafa will find out a way to overcome that gap, because we have some really talented youngsters that could become a serious improvement on our 1st team in the coming years ...

insua has impressed when he has played

dont forget apart from the arsenal game we have won all the games that insua has played

Offline wesley

• Anny Roader
« Reply #183 on: March 5, 2009, 06:53:15 pm »
insua has done very well with the chances he has had thus far but all this talk about him being the missing link is simply too early, no?

Offline Heathcote_Simpleton

• Kopite
« Reply #184 on: March 5, 2009, 06:58:44 pm »
Insua has been good whenever he played for us this season, I agree with that ... But, he will make a mistake (sooner or later) that would cost us points

God forgive us for ever having a player that would cost us points.

I agree we should only have players that confirm in advance that they will never cost us points.
"Liverpool is a fantastic club with a remarkable history and a passionate fan base. We fully acknowledge and appreciate the unique heritage and rich history of Liverpool and intend to respect this heritage in the future."

Tom Hicks and George Gillett

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #185 on: March 5, 2009, 07:02:51 pm »
Insua has been good whenever he played for us this season, I agree with that ... But, he will make a mistake (sooner or later) that would cost us points, and our "famous" fan base will then jump on him, maybe even booing him (as they do with Lucas) ...

I don't have any doubt about his talent and I think he would develop into a top-5 left back in the World, in 2-3 years ... However, the pressure on our players is becoming immense, and he would really need to gain some routine before he is thrown into the spot of a regular starter at LFC ...

macedonia red what are you basing this theory on insua making a mistake on ?

are you watching other players in our team who have continued to play poorly and still get picked ?

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 5, 2009, 07:39:51 pm »
We have two very good LBs now in Insua and Aurelio.  Dossena needs to move on as he doesn't deserve to start any more.  I too would be interested to see how Insua did as a left midfielder but unlike many, I still think that Riera has the potential to solve our problems over on that side.  We could do with some strengthening but we aren't that bad.

Our title challenge faltered this year due to problems at the back.  We need to get back our mean defense and get somebody to take the pressure off Torres up front.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: March 5, 2009, 10:15:23 pm »
Emiliano Insua has pledged to do everything in his power to retain his place on the left side of Liverpool's defence.

The 20-year-old returned to the starting XI in the 2-0 victory over Sunderland on Tuesday following his spell with Argentina in the South America U20 Championships.

Despite impressing during four consecutive starts over Christmas, Insua knows it won't be easy to hold down a regular place in the face of competition from Fabio Aurelio and Andrea Dossena.

"It's a tough level because it's the best league in the world," the full-back told LFC TV in his first television interview. "Playing for Liverpool is even tougher because this team always has to play to win. You also have many players who play for their national teams.

"But I came back from the tournament in South America two weeks ago and I'm back training with the first team.

"I'll just keep training hard and keep trying to show the boss that I'm good enough.

"It was a difficult decision for me to go away because I'd played four consecutive games but you have to say yes to the national team. I spoke with Rafa and he told me to go.

"I missed some important games like Everton and Chelsea but now I have to think about the future.

"I've had a few games and I think I've done quite well. Playing with the first team has given me a chance to improve.

"The manager gave me a lot of confidence. He told me to keep calm when I play and afterwards he encouraged me to keep going."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N163489090305-0838.htm

PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline MrButler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #188 on: March 6, 2009, 12:43:50 am »
Think we should keep playing him at left back... looks bullish already at 20... he's look looked more impressive than 8 million dossena.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 6, 2009, 12:49:33 am »
Think we should keep playing him at left back... looks bullish already at 20... he's look looked more impressive than 8 million dossena.

Aye aye....and doss s an international   ??
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #190 on: March 6, 2009, 12:51:30 am »
If he continues to progress the way he has been doing, we'll easily have one of the very best left-backs in the world in 3-4 years.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Macedonian_Red

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 6, 2009, 08:45:05 am »
God forgive us for ever having a player that would cost us points.

I agree we should only have players that confirm in advance that they will never cost us points.

Well, it is good to see you completely missed my point ... I was actually criticizing the idiot "fans" who are booing our young players when they make a mistake and cost us points ... Lets be honest, at the moment, LFC's 1st team is not the best place to develop young players ... The pressure from the "fans" is becoming unbearable ... I could understand criticizing players who are already established in the Premier League, yet they are not performing well ... But, the way Babel and Lucas are treated by some "fans" is disgraceful ...

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 6, 2009, 08:50:12 am »
he seems to do the right things which is the most important part of any full backs game he is a bit like finnan steady but with him being young there is massive room for improvement .

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #193 on: March 6, 2009, 09:14:29 am »
This guy really amazed me over this season. I was watching the recording of Sunderland game again and noticed how comfortable he is while defending, ball at feet and attacking. He links very well with Riera. I saw few one twos between them in Sunderland game. Few came up and few got blocked by defenders. But it showed what a good understanding they have (its much better than Aurelio/Dossena and Riera). Also he has very wicked deliver on him.  He can cross with outside of his feet  (Arsenal El Zhar chance). He is not that good at whipping the ball like Doss and Riera (which will definitely get better with more playing time and practice). But he is very good at floating pin point ball in the box when opposition is least expecting it (Arsenal El Zhar chance and against sunderland). The guy is gem of player. Rafa sure knows when players are ready for first team. He slowly and smartly integrated this 17 year old in first team over 2-3 years.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline Kyle Soprano

• Doing his BTEC Sports Science but still knows fuck all
  • Legacy Fan
  • You & I Are Gonna Live Forever
« Reply #194 on: March 6, 2009, 12:20:05 pm »
Hes class hes like a better version of Steven Warnock hes good in the tackle, he can pass the ball and hes not scared to attack the only thing missing is his lack of overlapping but maybe thats down to Rafa as opposed to him.
I only drink on special occasions. Like Fridays and Saturdays. The occasional Sunday. Sometimes even Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Never Thursday. Well, every so often maybe a Thursday.

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #195 on: March 6, 2009, 12:27:38 pm »
Hes class hes like a better version of Steven Warnock hes good in the tackle, he can pass the ball and hes not scared to attack the only thing missing is his lack of overlapping but maybe thats down to Rafa as opposed to him.

He is very clever with his overlapping runs. He waits for right moment to make it. LLot of time it gest ignored by our players. The best thing is when he plays with Riera, we always have width on left side (either by him or by riera). They very intelligently hold the width with one of them staying wide and other drifting in. His passing is very accurate and his decision making is quite fast. I really like our play when he plays on left.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: March 6, 2009, 12:45:34 pm »
Insua was one of the few young players we've signed since Benitez took over that I'd actually heard of before we were linked with him.  There was a buzz around him a while before he joined us and the Liverpool staff seemed to have high hopes for him.  I'm not quite sure why people are predicting a game changing mistake from him.  Carragher made more mistakes at right back in the first 20 minutes at the britannia stadium than Insua's made in his entire Liverpool career.  Of course he'll make mistakes, all players do.  Watch how many misplaced passes Gerrard makes for example.  Gerrard gets passes intercepted because he's trying to make difficult to execute through balls.  I'll happily see Insua get caught in possession a few times going forward.

We need much much more from our full back positions.  The interview with Arbels today was really encouraging.  It shows me that the staff and players are aware that to be a successful team we need attacking fullbacks.  Not fullbacks who are willing to attack, but fullbacks which have the ability to attack too.  Insua looks like he has the willingness and the ability and I'm honestly starting to think he's our best option at left back.

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #197 on: March 6, 2009, 01:15:21 pm »
It shows me that the staff and players are aware that to be a successful team we need attacking fullbacks.  Not fullbacks who are willing to attack, but fullbacks which have the ability to attack too.

Rafa's desire to bring Daniel Alves over suggests he wants attacking full backs, and Degen was supposed to be the attacking option this season. Dossena is known as an attacking left back too, though has obviously struggled to adapt and find his form.

Very happy to see Insua back though - thought he was good going forward against Sunderland, and looks a solid defender too.

Offline RdJRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #198 on: January 30, 2010, 05:16:26 pm »
I have given Insua some stick recently but he was class today.  Bolton are fairly naff mind you so he was given the luxury of time on the ball.  He made several crosses of real quality - hope he can keep that up.
YNWA

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: January 30, 2010, 05:18:32 pm »
Very good today.  Created our first, "scored" our second, and in general was solid at the back and very good getting forward.  I hope the team is hitting form.