Author Topic: Beards  (Read 73785 times)

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
Re: Beards
« Reply #480 on: May 2, 2020, 09:51:03 pm »
Same here. I've never really grew a "proper" beard, but mine is about 6 weeks or so in and it's coming along grand. I've tried before, but I always got to that itchy phase and just fucked it off. I've blonde hair, so it doesn't look as prominent as it could do. Might keep it for a bit, actually.

It will go ginger soon, mine always does. Don't bother anymore as I take too much abuse.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #481 on: May 2, 2020, 10:05:45 pm »
First time beard virgin here. Started one as a joke over a week ago so i can surprise my brother the next time i see him as ive always been the clean cut type and its pure white cept for t'Muzzy. Never gone more than a day or 2 without a shave so didnt know how it grew. I shave my head every 4 days cos my hairs always grown fast and thick as i like to keep it at number 2,and my beards gone exactly the same way. Im dead impressed actually and think i might keep it. So much so ive bought a proper beard brush and clippers and now only listen to folk music and Jethro the comedian

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #482 on: May 2, 2020, 10:12:43 pm »
Wait until you move onto the proper beard scissors and a selection of waxes and oil stage  ;D

Had a full on beard for years now, and never really been properly clean shaven since I was about 17, so 18 years now.

My missus has never seen me without a big beard  ;D

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #483 on: May 2, 2020, 10:20:00 pm »
The funny thing is mate my nephew and my brother have them and my mums always telling them to jib them off as she wants her handsome son and grandson back and thinks it makes them look homeless and ugly . My mums actually a fan of mine and so are a few of the older women in my family as they say i look distinguished. Haha im actually fucking made up with it. Its actually mad how fast mines growin. As i said, my hair grows dead fast but never expected my face to an all. Still no match for my nose an fucking ear hairs though ;D

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: May 2, 2020, 10:23:39 pm »
I’ve had a beard for years. I go get it trimmed at the barbers from time to time but I have a bad habit of trimming it myself and fucking it up (to many YouTube vids). I say to myself “just leave the fucking thing alone and let it grow” but I find myself in front of the mirror trying to square it off under the chin and taper the sideburns and end up taking to much off or bodging the shape of it up. I’ve not touched it for 6 weeks and hope I can leave it alone until it’s all good to go the barbers again.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2020, 10:25:53 pm by red1977 »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: May 3, 2020, 08:57:59 pm »
It will go ginger soon, mine always does. Don't bother anymore as I take too much abuse.
Hope not. Hair's not light enough to go ginge, I think. At the moment (for a picture reference) it's similar to Hemsworth's in Ragnarok. Maybe a wee bit shorter. Same colour too.

Anyone know the rules for keeping it tidy? Been pruning the stragglers like a shrub.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #486 on: May 3, 2020, 09:09:59 pm »
The funny thing is mate my nephew and my brother have them and my mums always telling them to jib them off as she wants her handsome son and grandson back and thinks it makes them look homeless and ugly . My mums actually a fan of mine and so are a few of the older women in my family as they say i look distinguished. Haha im actually fucking made up with it. Its actually mad how fast mines growin. As i said, my hair grows dead fast but never expected my face to an all. Still no match for my nose an fucking ear hairs though ;D

FaceTimed my mum last weekend having not shaved in a few weeks and she said she liked it. Also said I looked like Michael Ball so she can fuck right off. :D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #487 on: May 3, 2020, 09:20:55 pm »
FaceTimed my mum last weekend having not shaved in a few weeks and she said she liked it. Also said I looked like Michael Ball so she can fuck right off. :D
:lmao

Michael Ball?

Got to be a CT in that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #488 on: May 3, 2020, 09:22:07 pm »

Michael Ball?

Got to be a CT in that

I assure you, she’s completely wrong. Although my wife told me he’s better looking. Can always rely on your family to cheer you up.

In my mind I’m a resplendent Alisson Becker.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #489 on: May 3, 2020, 09:33:52 pm »
hahaha fucking hell ;D

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #490 on: May 3, 2020, 09:34:41 pm »
Wait until you move onto the proper beard scissors and a selection of waxes and oil stage  ;D

Had a full on beard for years now, and never really been properly clean shaven since I was about 17, so 18 years now.

My missus has never seen me without a big beard  ;D
So beard oils then. Whats the score with all that then? how and when etc

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: May 3, 2020, 10:08:47 pm »
I assure you, she’s completely wrong. Although my wife told me he’s better looking. Can always rely on your family to cheer you up.

In my mind I’m a resplendent Alisson Becker.
Haha.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #492 on: May 4, 2020, 04:14:28 am »
Anyone know the rules for keeping it tidy? Been pruning the stragglers like a shrub.

If it’s a new beard try to just let it grow out for a while before cutting. That way you can see what shape it naturally goes and then trim to that.

So beard oils then. Whats the score with all that then? how and when etc

Don’t be fooled by all the gimmicky ones. Some with 100% argan oil in tends to work great. I do it right after a shower as pores will be open so moisturises from root down.

Try nitro comb / brush it too often either, as can split the hairs.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #493 on: May 4, 2020, 05:20:27 am »
If it’s a new beard try to just let it grow out for a while before cutting. That way you can see what shape it naturally goes and then trim to that.

Don’t be fooled by all the gimmicky ones. Some with 100% argan oil in tends to work great. I do it right after a shower as pores will be open so moisturises from root down.

Try nitro comb / brush it too often either, as can split the hairs.
Ta. So what sorta price would you say for oils?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #494 on: May 4, 2020, 06:28:11 am »
Ta. So what sorta price would you say for oils?

You can get pure argan oil fairly cheap. Think my last bottle was something like £9 from Amazon and it's coming up to a year since I got it and still plenty left.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #495 on: May 4, 2020, 11:27:16 am »
You can get pure argan oil fairly cheap. Think my last bottle was something like £9 from Amazon and it's coming up to a year since I got it and still plenty left.
Cheers again, ill get on that.

Im seeing balms and styling wax etc. Are they to be used as well as oils or just one or the other? Sorry for all the questions ;D

Watched a few hours of beard videos last night  ;D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #496 on: May 4, 2020, 11:40:42 am »
Shaved mine off. Makes me look older and I look like everyone else. Dealbreaker though was my muzzy getting wet when I was on the ale. No ta  :)

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #497 on: May 4, 2020, 11:56:54 am »
I've not shaved since the beginning of the lockdown.  8)

I'm on full lockdown beard growing mode - had one for over 10 years but decided to grow it out for a laugh and see how long it goes. Normally it gets a trim fortnightly so I've not noticed how quick the fucker grows. Had a video chat a couple of weeks ago with some colleagues and they laughed at how long it was then. It's going to be proper Gandalf by the time I'm back in the office so I can't wait to see their faces then.

In terms of care for them, I have sensitive skin sometimes on my face so I do slap some moisturiser on to keep my face from falling to pieces. Looks like hell to start with but it saves having the dreaded dandruff beard. Never been one for the beard waxing thing as I tried it once and felt like when I put too much gel in my hair as a teenager. Good quality oil is nice though, loads to choose from out there.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #498 on: May 4, 2020, 01:57:33 pm »
Cheers again, ill get on that.

Im seeing balms and styling wax etc. Are they to be used as well as oils or just one or the other? Sorry for all the questions ;D

Watched a few hours of beard videos last night  ;D

Balms are pretty much oils which have been set in something. So not needed as well.

I’ve tried styling waxes but to be honest never found them really worth it. If it’s groomed to a decent shape (I try not to over groom mine as don’t like that really sharp trimmed beard look) then it shouldn’t be needed. Most I do is I’m going out out is I’ll just smooth it off with any wax left over from doing my hair just to keep the fly always neat!

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #499 on: May 4, 2020, 02:03:53 pm »
Balms are pretty much oils which have been set in something. So not needed as well.

I’ve tried styling waxes but to be honest never found them really worth it. If it’s groomed to a decent shape (I try not to over groom mine as don’t like that really sharp trimmed beard look) then it shouldn’t be needed. Most I do is I’m going out out is I’ll just smooth it off with any wax left over from doing my hair just to keep the fly always neat!

Nice one Craig. Appreciate it

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #500 on: May 4, 2020, 02:37:40 pm »
First time beard virgin here. Started one as a joke over a week ago so i can surprise my brother the next time i see him as ive always been the clean cut type and its pure white cept for t'Muzzy.
Same here. What is it about the muzzy? I stopped over a week ago and the sides and chin are mainly grey/white, but the muzzy’s brown. Mine needs to grown a bit more as there’s some patchy bits that look a bit scruffy. I veer between liking it and feeling like I’d love to be clean shaven again. Ah well, might as well persevere and see what happens :)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: May 4, 2020, 02:40:06 pm »
Also, can’t decide whether to shave me neck or not. I think I will as it’s the scruffiest part.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #502 on: May 4, 2020, 03:39:04 pm »
Also, can’t decide whether to shave me neck or not. I think I will as it’s the scruffiest part.

Yeah you don't want a neck beard!

It's just deciding how high to go. Too high and you look like you've got an uber styled and trimmed beard, too low and it can look scruffy!

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #503 on: May 4, 2020, 03:43:38 pm »

Agree with what Craig has said - but stay away from L'Oreal oil - its overly fragranced and just itches like hell.

A few I've tried and liked are Johnnys Chop Shop, Braw and Bulldog. I find you may need to trial a few as some irritate the hell out of my skin and others turn it soft as anything. Read reviews if you go down the Amazon route!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #504 on: May 4, 2020, 03:43:57 pm »
An additional problem I have is that it’s growing thicker down the sides and tache than the bits in the middle. Looking like a less moley Lemmy.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: May 4, 2020, 03:47:11 pm »
My grandma doesn't like the beard as it is now and she cooks the food most of the time so I'm gonna have to shave it off.  :(

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #506 on: May 4, 2020, 04:04:24 pm »
An additional problem I have is that it’s growing thicker down the sides and tache than the bits in the middle. Looking like a less moley Lemmy.

It'll grow at different rates and fill out once it gets a decent length. Unless you're one of those beta males unable to grow a proper beard  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #507 on: May 4, 2020, 04:17:14 pm »
It'll grow at different rates and fill out once it gets a decent length. Unless you're one of those beta males unable to grow a proper beard  ;D

Alright Silverback.

How dare you.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #508 on: May 4, 2020, 04:24:04 pm »
Another thing, use a decent sulfate free shampoo / conditioner. Although only use the former a few times a week (use the conditioner on it's own between then to clean it).

Ogx do a really good one. It's expensive in most supermarkets but you can get it for about £2 in Home Bargains.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #509 on: May 4, 2020, 04:39:41 pm »
I've got a full beard at the moment. it's not long though. I trim with my Wahl Super Taper. If we go out I clean shave, although Mrs Spion prefers the beard. As things are currently, we go nowhere, so the inclination to shave it off is not there. I feel ten years older with the face furniture, though.

If Mrs Spion had her way I'd look like Grizzly Adams most of the time. 😁
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #510 on: May 4, 2020, 05:58:03 pm »
its Quite interesting reading all this beard malarkey as far as picking up tips etc. Just hope Al666 doesn’t turn in here now and debunk everything Craig’s said And that John Henry’s the Devil

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #511 on: May 4, 2020, 06:04:34 pm »
its Quite interesting reading all this beard malarkey as far as picking up tips etc. Just hope Al666 doesn’t turn in here now and debunk everything Craig’s said And that John Henry’s the Devil

Just be thankful Henry doesn't have a beard.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #512 on: May 4, 2020, 06:54:55 pm »
Just be thankful Henry doesn't have a beard.
haha Als prolly growin one now as we speak so he can come in here to argue. Can just picture him devouring all the vitamin e rich type foods available with his face covered in horse shit and fertilzer so it grows at an exponential rate

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: May 4, 2020, 07:20:14 pm »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #514 on: May 4, 2020, 08:40:02 pm »
haha Als prolly growin one now as we speak so he can come in here to argue. Can just picture him devouring all the vitamin e rich type foods available with his face covered in horse shit and fertilzer so it grows at an exponential rate

Only local fertilizer, and proper white horse shit...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: May 4, 2020, 08:55:01 pm »
First thing I did without being told. Along with my cheeks with a straight edge. If you don't, then you take on that scruffy, I'm a scruffy bastard that's been sent to the hole in prison for two months look.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #516 on: May 4, 2020, 09:19:54 pm »
First thing I did without being told. Along with my cheeks with a straight edge. If you don't, then you take on that scruffy, I'm a scruffy bastard that's been sent to the hole in prison for two months look.

I don’t do my cheeks as it’s relatively neat and not too high on its own and would rather it not look too looked after, if that makes sense!

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #517 on: May 4, 2020, 09:31:47 pm »
ive got the type of facial hair where my cheek hair grows quite high up my face, to Just above my eybrows

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #518 on: May 4, 2020, 09:35:16 pm »
ive got the type of facial hair where my cheek hair grows quite high up my face, to Just above my eybrows

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #519 on: May 4, 2020, 09:51:57 pm »

The Pete Sampras?