Author Topic: Our Great Support?????  (Read 163656 times)

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We write our own history
Re: Our Great Support?????
« Reply #1280 on: December 30, 2008, 09:54:29 am »
I watched dave kirby on celeb kop club last night with john bishop  and he said something which hit home hard  that the next generation of young liverpool/merseyside and local surrounding areas will be lost because the club openly courts foreign and daytrippers  to come to the match .

This is a reality there are few generations coming  to the game like my dad took me and his dad took him and my brother takes his son and so on .

my group are luck we have season tickets but there are no opportunities for the next generation to go the match and this generation will be lost and the daytrippers and foreigners will not always be there .
It will only return when the money runs out and the arse falls out of the premier league, clubs in financial meltdown (even Abramovich) ticket prices will rise again and the rolling stock in the stands will change once more. Liverpool and others alike will be out of reach of the normal supporter due to cost.
2013/2014 My 51st year with hope in my heart

Offline Istanbul, 2005

• Strong believer in UKIP's domestic and European policies.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mersey paradise
« Reply #1281 on: December 30, 2008, 01:28:35 pm »
i thought the away support sounded boss from the telly, Show them the way...was cracking.

If u donīt like people chanting "eash" tell them to shut the fuck up. if everyone does that we wonīt hear it again.
At Half time AC thought they had us beat
The Blueshite were dancing in the North Wales Streets
But Stevie G played like a man posessed
And all they have now is their Bitterness!

How do you sleep at night Duckenfield?

Offline RAFA - 6 - 19

• Fighteningly inept.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1282 on: December 30, 2008, 09:02:05 pm »
I watched dave kirby on celeb kop club last night with john bishop  and he said something which hit home hard  that the next generation of young liverpool/merseyside and local surrounding areas will be lost because the club openly courts foreign and daytrippers  to come to the match .

This is a reality there are few generations coming  to the game like my dad took me and his dad took him and my brother takes his son and so on .

my group are luck we have season tickets but there are no opportunities for the next generation to go the match and this generation will be lost and the daytrippers and foreigners will not always be there .

On the other side of the argument times have changed,a lot of kids are little fuckers nowadays with no fear of anyone. Maybe in the past the more senior could give someone a clip round the ear and the kids had to work their way up from the boys pen so there were nerves and a genuine fear of the older lot

Now kids do not give a shit, if you tell them what to do they will tell you to fuck off, happily smoke weed infront of you and go robbing at shops at aways.  It is not just one type of kid, from one type of place either it is  kids from everywhere in england, it isnt everyone i know but football does attract a certain element.

You could say If we had loads of kids in it could potentially be awful as they dont give a fuck and you will just end up with shove barry up your arse and booing and they certainly wont listen to anyone trying to educate them. The culture has changed, the attitude is i have paid so i will do what i like.

England has changed and so have the people.

I am not saying all kids are like my example above but from what i have witnessed first hand and read i dont want a load of robbing fans, mouthing off, acting like pricks, sneaking in etc but i also dont want a silent ground with no identity.

The argument is from people who cant handle that the club is no longer scouse and they cant relate to it now as it is not what they fondly remember which i fully understand but sometimes everyone has to realise that others love the club just as much as them and blaming people doesnt help , only making noise at the ground does.  Only a few hundred sing at anfield which i find bizarre.

i went to a championship game at the weekend and the ground was very loud, singing all game so the excuse that the new breed of fan doesnt sing or understand the game and has no passion doesnt wash with me as plenty of grounds are noisy

However if the bubble bursts and the foreigners and daytrippers dont turn up we will be stuffed and i agree that there will be no sense of community left.
However i think it is something big clubs have to accept as football sold its soul a long time ago

i think the only answer is for the standing section in the kop needs to be extended and we need to have a singing section in each stand

Offline Crouchy

• Legacy Fan
  • Vamos!
« Reply #1283 on: January 3, 2009, 08:30:51 pm »
Thought the support was great Today.  But you end up with the odd numpty.  Just around Row 28,Block Q, he was just giving stick to Keane, I know he missed a couple of chances but this was non stop.  The only word he used was 'shithouse', it was like he was a Preston Fan!

When Keane got bought down near the centre cirlce in the 1st half, this was what he said 'Get up you shithouse, always on your arse crying for free kicks'!

Later on though, this fan pointed out to him, shouldn't you be in that other stand, pointing towards the Invincinbles Stand!

Offline arnaldo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1284 on: January 3, 2009, 08:38:53 pm »
Thought the support was great Today.  But you end up with the odd numpty.  Just around Row 28,Block Q, he was just giving stick to Keane, I know he missed a couple of chances but this was non stop.  The only word he used was 'shithouse', it was like he was a Preston Fan!

When Keane got bought down near the centre cirlce in the 1st half, this was what he said 'Get up you shithouse, always on your arse crying for free kicks'!

Later on though, this fan pointed out to him, shouldn't you be in that other stand, pointing towards the Invincinbles Stand!

lol, boys like that are an absolute embarassment. why the fuck do they go to these games?
BETFAIR REF CODE NTRDKLEHG FREE Ģ20 BET

Offline Baz1977

• Main Stander
« Reply #1285 on: January 3, 2009, 08:40:55 pm »
baffles me how people are like that,
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline 19LFC91

• Main Stander
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1286 on: January 3, 2009, 08:41:44 pm »
Support was great today from our fans  ;D...
Can anyone tell me if preston have any songs at all? I couldnt here any noise coming from them except when they thought they had scored lol
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1287 on: January 3, 2009, 08:46:37 pm »
Can anyone tell me if preston have any songs at all? I couldnt here any noise coming from them except when they thought they had scored lol

I had the misfortune of sitting among them, what a bunch of dispicable human beings most of them are.
Their main repertoire consisted of songs slagging off Blackpool or Burnley, or one that went "We're the one and only North End" which I think I'll be singing in my sleep, so monotonous and neverending was it. Oh yeah, and the witty Gerrard and Scouser ones obviously.  ::)

When our fans chanted "Shankly" at the end, they responded with "Murderers." Nice.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2009, 08:50:58 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crouchy

• Legacy Fan
  • Vamos!
« Reply #1288 on: January 3, 2009, 08:48:29 pm »
lol, boys like that are an absolute embarassment. why the fuck do they go to these games?
Thats the thing, he wern't a boy or a lad, a grown adult, who should know much better!

Offline Fontaine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1289 on: January 3, 2009, 08:53:53 pm »
I had the misfortune of sitting among them, what a bunch of dispicable human beings most of them are.
Their main repertoire consisted of songs slagging off Blackpool or Burnley, or one that went "We're the one and only North End" which I think I'll be singing in my sleep, so monotonous and neverending was it. Oh yeah, and the witty Gerrard and Scouser ones obviously.  ::)

When our fans chanted "Shankly" at the end, they responded with "Murderers." Nice.

Jasus thats brutal.  I thought they would have been hospitable fans.  Thats changed my mind about PNE now, always wanted them to do well considering the Shanks link.

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: January 3, 2009, 09:36:57 pm »
class support today ;D
+61 ticket exchange

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1291 on: January 3, 2009, 10:42:42 pm »
Good atmosphere and great support particularly in the first half.
The only downer was the Torres song.............fucking abysmal.Completely ruined because it's sung so fast.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Mother.F

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1292 on: January 3, 2009, 11:00:50 pm »

Sad little half wits.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1293 on: January 3, 2009, 11:53:38 pm »
The only downer was the Torres song.............fucking abysmal.Completely ruined because it's sung so fast.
Is true. Its getting so you cant think of the words fast enough to sing it.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #1294 on: January 3, 2009, 11:56:21 pm »
ok Deepdale, time for a soundcheck...

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #1295 on: January 4, 2009, 12:07:56 am »
also, was it me of were their weird fans booing Mascherano cos he's from Argentina, prompting them to chant England?

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1296 on: January 4, 2009, 12:14:51 am »

It shouldn't be sang unless he's on the pitch to be honest.   ;)

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #1297 on: January 4, 2009, 12:15:54 am »
It shouldn't be sang unless he's on the pitch to be honest.

Couldn't agree more and to be honest it's really starting to piss me right off. Everytime I hear it sung when he's not on the pitch it gets booed or the people singing it by me get told to fuck off.

It was a fucking boss song at first as well until all the beauts killed it off.

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #1298 on: January 4, 2009, 12:17:54 am »
also, was it me of were their weird fans booing Mascherano cos he's from Argentina

didn't hear that(wasn't there though) but it wouldn't surprise me. lad on another forum who sat with the Geordies last week said they were roaring abuse at him all game. Most small clubs fans are england fans first and foremost so you can expect that from them.

very sad I must say, being 23 years on

Offline Tubes

• Whooshed by Sami Hyppia...
  • Kopite
« Reply #1299 on: January 4, 2009, 12:45:50 am »
Anyone know what happened just after the Riera goal, in the invicibles stand, nearest to us lot?  Seemed to be a bit of trouble of some sort..

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1300 on: January 4, 2009, 03:27:54 am »
Anyone know what happened just after the Riera goal, in the invicibles stand, nearest to us lot?  Seemed to be a bit of trouble of some sort..

There were a few Reds in there.
2 of my mates were in there and there was some trouble at the cafe too at half time. A few Preston fans liked the numbers and kicked off a bit.
Apparently they didn't the like the numbers when one of them got sparked.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1301 on: January 4, 2009, 04:32:44 am »

I was sat in with them all, total small time knob heads, every song they have is nicked from our own tunes like the Mellor song, to our Torres one. Them our Masch one, they used "the beast" Excuse me while I go piss myself.... Then as Redgriffen said, when that Shankly chant went out, it was replied with total bafflement and "murderers" sung back. Every challenge by Carra was met by "freekick" or "cheat" then "hoof". Jesus it was pathetic. For those who think we have a few whoppers following us, just go watch another team and be thankful we just have a few here and there...

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1302 on: January 4, 2009, 08:56:56 am »
didn't hear that(wasn't there though) but it wouldn't surprise me. lad on another forum who sat with the Geordies last week said they were roaring abuse at him all game. Most small clubs fans are england fans first and foremost so you can expect that from them.

very sad I must say, being 23 years on

and why would most "big club" fans not be England fan's as well? They too are English.

Anyway let me get this straight, If I come to Anfield I have to sign like a maniac. If I don't I am not worthy of watching Liverpool play at Anfield?

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #1303 on: January 4, 2009, 09:06:23 am »
and why would most "big club" fans not be England fan's as well? They too are English.

What I meant was fans of the likes of preston and QPR don't see proper football at their clubs so they follow their country all around Europe in hope of winning something, when fans of big clubs see proper football every week and can win things regularly.

Anyway let me get this straight, If I come to Anfield I have to sign like a maniac. If I don't I am not worthy of watching Liverpool play at Anfield?

No. But if you come and act like a stupid c*nt and make a holy show of the club and it's supporters and tap the lad in front of you telling him to sit down every two minutes when he's trying to support his team, then you shouldn't be there.

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We write our own history
« Reply #1304 on: January 4, 2009, 09:28:34 am »

One word needed for you "muppet"
2013/2014 My 51st year with hope in my heart

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1305 on: January 4, 2009, 09:37:22 am »
You think they support England because it gives them a chance to experience silverware? Like they wouldn't want to support their country otherwise?

There seems to be lot of people who think signing your hearts out during games is mandatory, what If I am a shy type of person who doesn't really express myself like that when in public? A lot of this elitist, foreigners don't deserve to come and watch Liverpool play. This is just hypothetical of course.

No. But if you come and act like a stupid c*nt and make a holy show of the club and it's supporters and tap the lad in front of you telling him to sit down every two minutes when he's trying to support his team, then you shouldn't be there.

I'd be the last person to this, because I usually avoid confrontations but just asking what If the person behind cannot see the game?

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
« Reply #1306 on: January 4, 2009, 09:43:52 am »

For me it's kinda like if you're taking pictures of everything, not at Anfield but in general, you're not part of what's going on which is more important then participating.  Would you rather have a picture of you helping your kid walk for the first time or a picture.  I kinda apply that logic to supporting Liverpool, I would rather go to Anfield, sing until I can't and have fun, and odds are I'd remember that much more then I would if I had pictures of it all, most noticeably, with me not a part of it.
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1307 on: January 4, 2009, 10:13:13 am »
It shouldn't be sang unless he's on the pitch to be honest.   ;)
It's ok when he's warming up though.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2009, 03:12:34 pm by Shanks1965 »
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline TheLeftSide

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1308 on: January 4, 2009, 10:58:55 am »

We're not English we are Scouse

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1309 on: January 4, 2009, 11:10:27 am »
You think they support England because it gives them a chance to experience silverware? Like they wouldn't want to support their country otherwise?

There seems to be lot of people who think signing your hearts out during games is mandatory, what If I am a shy type of person who doesn't really express myself like that when in public? A lot of this elitist, foreigners don't deserve to come and watch Liverpool play. This is just hypothetical of course.

I'd be the last person to this, because I usually avoid confrontations but just asking what If the person behind cannot see the game?

lol you re obviously taking the piss.....................what do you normally sign at the match by the way?
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #1310 on: January 4, 2009, 11:16:28 am »
From previous posts, I think he lives in Asia...

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #1311 on: January 4, 2009, 11:29:41 am »

well it's alot more likely a big clubs fan will not support his country.

what If I am a shy type of person who doesn't really express myself like that when in public?

stay at home

stand up

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1312 on: January 4, 2009, 01:40:59 pm »
Preston fans are fucking idiots.

Singing england songs, 'Shankly is a white, he hates scousers' Among other shit

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1313 on: January 4, 2009, 01:43:17 pm »
Preston fans are fucking idiots.

Singing england songs, 'Shankly is a white, he hates scousers' Among other shit

"You're just a red Joey Barton"  ::)

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1314 on: January 4, 2009, 01:54:47 pm »
well it's alot more likely a big clubs fan will not support his country.

stay at home

stand up

All rite. Thanks for the advice mate.

Offline Tubes

• Whooshed by Sami Hyppia...
  • Kopite
« Reply #1315 on: January 4, 2009, 01:58:20 pm »
"youre gunna win fuck all"

"youve never won fuck all"

that was a nice touch  ;D

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #1316 on: January 4, 2009, 02:00:26 pm »
"youre gunna win fuck all"

"youve never won fuck all"

that was a nice touch  ;D

Hopefully wrong on both counts..
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline 19LFC91

• Main Stander
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1317 on: January 4, 2009, 02:15:22 pm »

So they were a bunch of great lads then? lol
i'd like to know we're prestons great friendly reputation disappeared to last night then if all this is true..

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #1318 on: January 4, 2009, 02:26:31 pm »
Hopefully wrong on both counts..

Indeed.  ;D 

Thought the response to that from some of ours was pretty damn clueless to be honest. 
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #1319 on: January 4, 2009, 02:29:26 pm »
Yep, I just didn't dignify most of their shite with a reponse.
We were in the bottom corner next to the invincible stand, and fucking hell did their lot come up with some shite