Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5780392 times)

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
Re: I like the fact you underestimate Arsenal this season!!
« Reply #3840 on: April 10, 2010, 07:34:02 am »
If Wenger won the league, the years between success would be considered a transition period as he rebuilt a side while hampered by the stadium move, yet kept in the top four and been pushing for trophies.

If Benetiz fails to get 4th then the press are naturally going to question it.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3841 on: April 10, 2010, 09:03:35 am »
If Wenger won the league, the years between success would be considered a transition period as he rebuilt a side while hampered by the stadium move, yet kept in the top four and been pushing for trophies.

If Benítez fails to get 4th then the press are naturally going to question it.

Regardless of what arsenal achieve , if Rafa fails to finish 4th.
They'll question his

'guarantee of finishing 4th'
the purchase of aquilani and bring up just how few minutes he's played, even when allegedly fit
the letting go of Alonso

Those are the three most obvious things he's done this season and probably the three that have affected us the most.

"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3842 on: April 14, 2010, 09:12:20 pm »
2 fecking nil.
Not helping us out are ya?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #3843 on: April 14, 2010, 09:35:12 pm »

See ya, Cesc

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3844 on: April 14, 2010, 09:43:29 pm »
Rosicky is shit.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3845 on: April 14, 2010, 09:44:16 pm »
Thank fuck it's not just up to those bottlers to stop the Mancs from winning the league...

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #3846 on: April 14, 2010, 09:45:15 pm »
Gomes is getting on my tits now
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #3847 on: April 14, 2010, 09:46:47 pm »
Come on you long sleeve wearing quims

Just get the fucking equalizer
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #3848 on: April 14, 2010, 09:48:54 pm »
Gomes motm.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3849 on: April 14, 2010, 09:56:36 pm »
Fucking bottling kunts.

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #3850 on: April 14, 2010, 09:58:01 pm »
balls! Spurs played well, credit to them. Gomes was unreal

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3851 on: April 14, 2010, 09:58:23 pm »
Wouldn't bottling be when we had more then an outside chance of a title and were missing six key players?

Just got to try and get a decent end to the season now and start planning for next year.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3852 on: April 14, 2010, 09:59:49 pm »
Fucking useless.

Maybe you shouldn't have played all your best players when they weren't fit in a CL game you had no chance of winning whatsoever when you had a genuine chance of winning the league. Fucking idiot Wenger.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3853 on: April 14, 2010, 10:03:53 pm »
Fucking useless.

Maybe you shouldn't have played all your best players when they weren't fit in a CL game you had no chance of winning whatsoever when you had a genuine chance of winning the league. Fucking idiot Wenger.

Haha! What are you on about?

Are you saying that they shouldn't have even bothered playing in the first leg and given up there and then?

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3854 on: April 14, 2010, 10:04:11 pm »
Fucking useless.

That's a tad harsh. Rafa would be dragged to Spain by his gonads if he'd fielded a weakened CL team under the same circumstances.
(ps yes I know that's daft as the tie was in Barcelona, but you know what I mean)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3855 on: April 14, 2010, 10:04:17 pm »
Fucking useless.

Fucking idiot Wenger.

Arsene Wenger promises swift end to Arsenal trophy drought

times October:  http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/arsenal/article6886293.ece

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3856 on: April 14, 2010, 10:04:55 pm »
Arsene Wenger promises swift end to Arsenal trophy drought

times October:  http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/arsenal/article6886293.ece

lol, hasn't Rafa more recently guaranteed us fourth spot?

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #3857 on: April 14, 2010, 10:05:17 pm »
Can't see the problem to be honest. They're an incredibly average team who've done well to stay in the title race up until this point (though that probably shows just how poor the league is this season). If some of our players and management had similiar myopic, delusions of grandeur we may well be on our way to winning the bloody thing. A masterclass in overachievement with shite.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3858 on: April 14, 2010, 10:06:50 pm »
Arsenal had Gallas, Fabregas, Arshavin, Song out injured, lost Vermaelen early and had a half-fit Van Persie returning from a long term injury. Considering how much we bitched about key players getting injured being a cause of our bad form, I think its a bit of a joke to say how they are bottlers (which maybe true, just not today) and how shite they are.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3859 on: April 14, 2010, 10:10:31 pm »
I don't think gambling Cesc was that much of a mistake, gambling on Gallas however was very very silly by Wenger. He had promised he wouldn't risk Gallas again after what happened last time and then goes and does that :butt

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡Sí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
« Reply #3860 on: April 14, 2010, 10:10:35 pm »
Bottled it.

Another glorious trophy-less season for them. Maybe they should 'hoof da bawl' more often.
C'est la vie.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3861 on: April 14, 2010, 10:12:45 pm »
Bottled it.

Another glorious trophy-less season for them. Maybe they should 'hoof da bawl' more often.

Not really. Why do that when we score plenty of goals as it is? Talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3862 on: April 14, 2010, 10:15:35 pm »
Not really. Why do that when we score plenty of goals as it is? Talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water

Do you have a defensive coach? It sounds like a lot of Arsenals problems stem from that area.  Although I suspect if you could have a Masch in front of your defence, that would be a big help, although that would be detrimental to your attacking attributes.  Thankfully that's someone else's headache.

Offline afcgooner

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3863 on: April 14, 2010, 10:16:21 pm »
Fucking useless.

Its your fault you are in the position you are in. Win more games, score some more goals and you will be heading in the right direction.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3864 on: April 14, 2010, 10:16:28 pm »
Haha! What are you on about?

Are you saying that they shouldn't have even bothered playing in the first leg and given up there and then?

It's pretty obvious - I'm saying that when blatantly Fabregas wasn't fit and neither was Gallas Wenger the fucking clown shouldn't have played them in a game that was part of a tie they had no chance of winning. He could have just said "they are not fit" rested them and saved them for Wolves and a game like today and the easy run in they had. If they had won all their remaining games which they were well capable of with a fit Fabregas and the likes of Gallas and now RVP back they would probably have snatched the title. I know an Arsenal season ticket holder at work who said to me a fortnight ago that they had no chance of winning the CL because they would lose painfully to Barca and then the likes of Inter or United or Chelsea but they had a real and genuine chance of winning the title.

Wenger blew it.

That's a tad harsh. Rafa would be dragged to Spain by his gonads if he'd fielded a weakened CL team under the same circumstances.
(ps yes I know that's daft as the tie was in Barcelona, but you know what I mean)

Fabregas wasn't fit though mate. Nobody expected him to play. Same with Gallas. He wouldn't have had to take any flak for a decision that would have seen them much more likely win the Premiership or finish second in a tight run than get humiliated by Barca.

Arsenal had Gallas, Fabregas, Arshavin, Song out injured, lost Vermaelen early and had a half-fit Van Persie returning from a long term injury. Considering how much we bitched about key players getting injured being a cause of our bad form, I think its a bit of a joke to say how they are bottlers (which maybe true, just not today) and how shite they are.

Half of them injured because he risked them in games they had no chance of winning when they weren't fit.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #3865 on: April 14, 2010, 10:17:07 pm »
Bravo, Le Chokers.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline afcgooner

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3866 on: April 14, 2010, 10:17:32 pm »
Can't see the problem to be honest. They're an incredibly average team who've done well to stay in the title race up until this point (though that probably shows just how poor the league is this season). If some of our players and management had similiar myopic, delusions of grandeur we may well be on our way to winning the bloody thing. A masterclass in overachievement with shite.
lol, such shite.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
« Reply #3867 on: April 14, 2010, 10:17:52 pm »

I can't tell you how frustrated I was today at my local when every single time you guys were outside their box, you would pass it around and eventually lose possession. Rose's goal was very ironic because Spurs were very direct and took all their chances.

I can tell you that watching Liverpool this season has been terrible but, surely, nothing can be more frustrating than watching a team like yours, dominate possession, pass it around well but be toothless at the same time. I would be very pissed if I was you.
C'est la vie.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3868 on: April 14, 2010, 10:18:04 pm »
Its your fault you are in the position you are in. Win more games, score some more goals and you will be heading in the right direction.

What are you talking about lad? I'm talking about Wenger playing players who aren't fit and getting them injured and throwing away your realistic chance of winning the title. That's got fuck all to do with Liverpool.

As for that advice, why don't you state the obvious?

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3869 on: April 14, 2010, 10:18:47 pm »
lol, such shite.

You defo are.

Tell you what, the furthest thing from my mind when we lost to Yernited the other week was going onto Arsenalmania or Goonerworld or wherever the fuck your gobshited lot congregate. Maybe I'm not a quim seeking acceptance.

CAM AWN AWSNAWL!

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3870 on: April 14, 2010, 10:19:43 pm »
lol, hasn't Rafa more recently guaranteed us fourth spot?

If players stayed fit, wasn't it?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3871 on: April 14, 2010, 10:20:24 pm »
A good goalkeeper and another centre half is the minimum requirement for a challenge next year.

They also need their injury prone star striker to stay free of major injury but then they are not alone in that are they !

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
« Reply #3872 on: April 14, 2010, 10:20:30 pm »
CAM AWN AWSNAWL!

I want to be locked in a read-only topic (for others), with you, L6 and afcgooner.

:P
C'est la vie.

Offline afcgooner

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3873 on: April 14, 2010, 10:20:39 pm »
What are you talking about lad? I'm talking about Wenger playing players who aren't fit and getting them injured and throwing away your realistic chance of winning the title. That's got fuck all to do with Liverpool.

As for that advice, why don't you state the obvious?
We had no chance of winning the league anyway after the Birmingham game. That game is the game which killed our hopes. Plus we are missing big players, match winning players and we still require a new GK and a few more players.

Its clutching at straws.

Juan, just get over the fact a certain club exists.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3874 on: April 14, 2010, 10:21:55 pm »

So you're totally content with your style of football despite the fact that Barcelona completely showed you up and showed how far away you are from executing it properly?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #3875 on: April 14, 2010, 10:22:00 pm »
lol, such shite.

Choked again, time for a change of management at your place.

Next season will be tougher for Le Arse, even more so with the sale of Cesc to Barca, I see your mob came out today denying the sale, strange.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3876 on: April 14, 2010, 10:25:22 pm »
Do you have a defensive coach? It sounds like a lot of Arsenals problems stem from that area.  Although I suspect if you could have a Masch in front of your defence, that would be a big help, although that would be detrimental to your attacking attributes.  Thankfully that's someone else's headache.

I assume we do and I have to wonder if he is any good. We are usually fine if put under pressure for a spell, we have a real problem when defending as a unit when suddenly a team comes at us. Another DM would help, a better keeper would certainly have been useful

You defo are.

Tell you what, the furthest thing from my mind when we lost to Yernited the other week was going onto Arsenalmania or Goonerworld or wherever the fuck your gobshited lot congregate. Maybe I'm not a quim seeking acceptance.

CAM AWN AWSNAWL!

*pat pat* up past your bedtime?

I come on here win or lose, or try to, rather then hide away.

I can't tell you how frustrated I was today at my local when every single time you guys were outside their box, you would pass it around and eventually lose possession. Rose's goal was very ironic because Spurs were very direct and took all their chances.

I can tell you that watching Liverpool this season has been terrible but, surely, nothing can be more frustrating than watching a team like yours, dominate possession, pass it around well but be toothless at the same time. I would be very pissed if I was you.

so your basing it on one game? We had a few long shots today, unlike Rose effort, they were poor. Yes it was very frustrating but we usually do have some semblance of a cutting edge, today though too many players did badly

Half of them injured because he risked them in games they had no chance of winning when they weren't fit.

You say Gallas and Cesc, that's two out of six. Who is the other?

Offline afcgooner

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3877 on: April 14, 2010, 10:25:55 pm »
So you're totally content with your style of football despite the fact that Barcelona completely showed you up and showed how far away you are from executing it properly?
There is nothing wrong with attacking football if you do the basics well. Too many times this season the basics have been forgotten.

There is NO shame in losing to that Barcelona team. They would of pasted Liverpool too.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3878 on: April 14, 2010, 10:27:46 pm »

We were shown up by the best team in the world. Fine, Barca are superior, nothing wrong with trying to emulate them. Going forward, happy with our style, we need to work on the basics at the back. If we could defend, we would probably be winning the league

Choked again, time for a change of management at your place.

Next season will be tougher for Le Arse, even more so with the sale of Cesc to Barca, I see your mob came out today denying the sale, strange.

Why would Cesc go to be a bench player?

Given a season of improvement, be a bit harsh to sack the manager

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3879 on: April 14, 2010, 10:28:18 pm »
*pat pat* up past your bedtime?

No. I'm not in your first team.

I come on here win or lose, or try to, rather then hide away.

Good for you, really. It wasn't really at you, but fuck it, it applies to all your lot I suppose. RAWKing in the free world within half an hour of losing to your biggest rivals. Awesome.

And that was just a beast of a goal in the Barca game.