Author Topic: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)  (Read 278076 times)

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #4520 on: July 18, 2017, 02:52:54 PM »
No, I have had the app a few years, and was running my ipad on an old IOS. I never upgraded the software as I thought the app would stop working. Now it has stopped working anyway.

I see from PlayboxHD theres a couple of sites (iPASTORE and iPwnStore.me) which charge $9.99 a year membership. I presume that's the same thing you use?

I might take a look at builds.io - can I then download Movie Box from there?

Thanks for the help :)

Ah I see - lucky you :D

Builds.io has a couple of TV/Movie apps on there at the moment, Movie Box & one called CinemaBox or something like that - they both do exactly the same thing with a slightly different skin on top.

I've been using Builds for a couple of years now and it's all very professional (as much as a site offering sideloaded software can be) - and you use Pay Pal so you're totally protected. I can only vouch for Builds but if you go to the site, you can see all the apps they offer without paying.

Also has advanced builds of Kodi so you can stream games etc.

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4521 on: July 18, 2017, 03:13:10 PM »
Ah I see - lucky you :D

Builds.io has a couple of TV/Movie apps on there at the moment, Movie Box & one called CinemaBox or something like that - they both do exactly the same thing with a slightly different skin on top.

I've been using Builds for a couple of years now and it's all very professional (as much as a site offering sideloaded software can be) - and you use Pay Pal so you're totally protected. I can only vouch for Builds but if you go to the site, you can see all the apps they offer without paying.

Also has advanced builds of Kodi so you can stream games etc.

Ah, that's cool. Yep, I was running both Movie Box and Cinema Box (I think MB had a better UI and was easier to stream to Apple TV I thought), but they stopped updated the Cinema Box version I have (and Move Box stopped completely), and I'm stuck on Game of Thrones Season 6... Need S7 now!!

Presume if I sign up to builds I can run across a couple of devices? Don't mind paying a few quid and would prefer to use something that someone has had decent experience of.

Thanks again :thumbup

EDIT: Just went on the site, and see it's for a single device. Still, will give it a try.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:16:43 PM by Dublin Red »
What we achieve in life, echoes in eternity

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Believer
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.Ē
« Reply #4522 on: October 1, 2017, 09:13:24 AM »
I've been given an Apple TV. What's the best way of watching football through it. Skygo won't mirror off the iPad but if I can get the usual sky sports (without nowtv) then that would be awesome!

Is there any good apps that let you stream films?
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4523 on: October 1, 2017, 10:42:47 AM »
I've been given an Apple TV. What's the best way of watching football through it. Skygo won't mirror off the iPad but if I can get the usual sky sports (without nowtv) then that would be awesome!

Is there any good apps that let you stream films?

I donít have one myself but is there not a Sky Go app you can download and log into?
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Philantropist Lvl 1
« Reply #4524 on: October 15, 2017, 09:50:14 PM »
Is there any way I can install a web browser on my Apple TV gen 4? I don't have another iOS device besides that.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Online Tepid T₂O

• Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4525 on: October 16, 2017, 09:06:26 PM »
Is there any way I can install a web browser on my Apple TV gen 4? I don't have another iOS device besides that.
Why not just mirror your iPhone into the screen?
With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4526 on: October 17, 2017, 07:45:41 AM »
Why not just mirror your iPhone into the screen?

Or iPad, or one of his other iOS devices...

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4527 on: October 17, 2017, 01:30:37 PM »
Or iPad, or one of his other iOS devices...

:D
What we achieve in life, echoes in eternity

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4528 on: October 17, 2017, 07:04:35 PM »
Tepid's had a 'mare there.

I nearly made the same suggestion myself yesterday ;D

Online Tepid T₂O

• Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4529 on: October 17, 2017, 08:35:00 PM »
Oh.

Bugger.

Must read a bit more carefully...  Iíve been very very busy at work... thatís my excuse!!
With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Egyptian36

• Main Stander
« Reply #4530 on: October 19, 2017, 07:33:33 PM »
A workflow add to download Video/Audio from Youtube - Twitter- Facebook- Tumblr- ( Instagram Stories- Videos- Photos )

https://workflow.is/workflows/835158353688424e878f2787bbed3aca

When you are watching a video on any social app just click share then run workflow and it will download it to your camera roll.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Believer
« Reply #4531 on: October 23, 2017, 06:51:37 PM »
I have a bit of a nightmare going on, and hoped someone here might know how to solve it....

I just upgraded to the new ioS11 on my iphone. I tried to open a particular app with lots of pics inside, called MyPhoto. I could not open it and it says it needs to be updated to Work with ios11.
After googling a bit I found out the owner of the App will not be upgrading any of their apps...they were last active in 2014.

So my question is... How can I move my app or open my app on my ipad that is still on ios10? Or any other solution is appreciated.

(As I have Photos on this app, does this app solely belong to the phone?... in other Words the pics are not on any server somewhere?)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:53:12 PM by SwedenRed »

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #4532 on: October 24, 2017, 04:19:47 PM »
I have a bit of a nightmare going on, and hoped someone here might know how to solve it....

I just upgraded to the new ioS11 on my iphone. I tried to open a particular app with lots of pics inside, called MyPhoto. I could not open it and it says it needs to be updated to Work with ios11.
After googling a bit I found out the owner of the App will not be upgrading any of their apps...they were last active in 2014.

So my question is... How can I move my app or open my app on my ipad that is still on ios10? Or any other solution is appreciated.

(As I have Photos on this app, does this app solely belong to the phone?... in other Words the pics are not on any server somewhere?)

You can roll back your version of iOS. I haven't done it for a couple of years but it's not too hard. It's basically having to do a version of disaster recovery yourself. There are loads of online tutorials for it.

The only other suggestion would be to set your device as a hard drive in Mac OS or Windows and have a browse through the file structure to see if the raw data is in there somewhere.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4533 on: October 24, 2017, 04:40:37 PM »
If memory serves, you can only downgrade for a certain amount of time after the firmware update as Apple disable downgrades past this point.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4534 on: October 24, 2017, 08:07:31 PM »
Did the app require registration/log on?

If you can't rollback, you could try installing on your iPad and logging onto your account, see if the pictures pop up in there.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Believer
« Reply #4535 on: October 24, 2017, 09:09:32 PM »
A workflow add to download Video/Audio from Youtube - Twitter- Facebook- Tumblr- ( Instagram Stories- Videos- Photos )

https://workflow.is/workflows/835158353688424e878f2787bbed3aca

When you are watching a video on any social app just click share then run workflow and it will download it to your camera roll.

Iíd never even heard of workflow until I read your post. What an outstanding App!

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #4536 on: October 24, 2017, 10:14:27 PM »
Iíd never even heard of workflow until I read your post. What an outstanding App!

It's ridiculously powerful. If you can fully master it iOS becomes almost infinitely more useful.

Offline Claire.

• The Don. Giving it up for Lents. Too bright for most RAWK users. Getting antsy.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #4537 on: October 25, 2017, 09:51:52 AM »
It's ridiculously powerful. If you can fully master it iOS becomes almost infinitely more useful.

You never played with Automater?
I am not the resurrection.

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #4538 on: October 25, 2017, 02:16:29 PM »
You never played with Automater?

It would appear not :D

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Believer
« Reply #4539 on: October 27, 2017, 09:27:34 PM »
You can roll back your version of iOS. I haven't done it for a couple of years but it's not too hard. It's basically having to do a version of disaster recovery yourself. There are loads of online tutorials for it.

The only other suggestion would be to set your device as a hard drive in Mac OS or Windows and have a browse through the file structure to see if the raw data is in there somewhere.
Thanks for the replies. I didn't take the risk to roll back versions because I read about the risks. I tried to sync the app with the Cloud (iTunes doesn't work with apps anymore on ios11), and this didn't work because MyPhoto wasn't on the list.
Anyway I thought that was it, and as a last resort I just googled 'copy app from iPhone to iPhone'... and found a program called 'Anytrans'... So I downloaded and it found everything in the app and I was able to download everything in one go to my windows laptop.
Just been having a look at this program... Its quite impressive... It can transfer anything from one device to another...app, pics, anything... Very very handy. So well recommended.

Anyway, crisis over. Thank you for your replies.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #4540 on: November 2, 2017, 01:27:41 PM »
Has anyone updated their iPad Pro's to iOS 11 yet?

Haven't done mine yet but all I have been hearing about is bad performance and battery issues.
JFT96

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4541 on: November 2, 2017, 01:58:04 PM »
Has anyone updated their iPad Pro's to iOS 11 yet?

Haven't done mine yet but all I have been hearing about is bad performance and battery issues.

Had mine updated since the day it came out, posting from it now. Canít say Iíve noticed anything negative since updating - is certainly not slower and nothing obvious when it comes to the battery.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #4542 on: November 2, 2017, 02:21:20 PM »
Had mine updated since the day it came out, posting from it now. Canít say Iíve noticed anything negative since updating - is certainly not slower and nothing obvious when it comes to the battery.

Thank you for that - might just take the plunge. Have just been re-reading the posts on forums that had me concerned and seems as if it's mostly iPhone related.

Is it a major upgrade as they said it would be, does it feel more like a genuine hybrid tablet/laptop now?
JFT96

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4543 on: November 19, 2017, 07:00:15 PM »
Is a iPad Pro worth getting over a iPad?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Phil M

• "Those who want respect, give respect". Tony Soprano. Like, undercover RAWK Mod, like. Knowwarrameanlike?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ďBravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4544 on: November 20, 2017, 06:27:58 PM »
My missus has an iPad Air 2 from/for her work - screen got cracked and she went looking for repair quotes over the weekend.

£180 quid was the cheapest so far!  Robbing Apple twats.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4545 on: February 14, 2018, 11:03:25 AM »
If you have a iPad from USA, can it be charged through normal UK plug or do you need a converter?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4546 on: February 14, 2018, 11:08:32 AM »
If you have a iPad from USA, can it be charged through normal UK plug or do you need a converter?

Normal. Although if the larger iPad Pro (not sure if others) you may want to get a 29W adapter as it'll drastically cut charging times.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4547 on: February 14, 2018, 11:12:47 AM »
Normal. Although if the larger iPad Pro (not sure if others) you may want to get a 29W adapter as it'll drastically cut charging times.

Normal 2017 iPad but doesn't seem to be charging through my UK plug.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:14:21 AM by Nick110581 »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4548 on: February 14, 2018, 11:17:47 AM »
Does the plug/cable work to charge another Apple device? Have you tried another charger with the iPad?

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4549 on: February 14, 2018, 11:20:00 AM »
Does the plug/cable work to charge another Apple device? Have you tried another charger with the iPad?

The US one says 12w.

The UK says 10w.

Would this be why?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4550 on: February 14, 2018, 11:21:32 AM »
The US one says 12w.

The UK says 10w.

Would this be why?

No it'll just charge slightly slower.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4551 on: February 14, 2018, 11:23:32 AM »
No it'll just charge slightly slower.

And no damage to battery cause of that?

Sorry for stupid questions.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Believer
« Reply #4552 on: February 14, 2018, 11:30:24 AM »
The stock charger for the Pro is abysmal. Even just watching YouTube videos it can only hold the charge at the same percentage and it doesnít go up

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4553 on: February 14, 2018, 11:32:47 AM »
I also have a old iPod Classic and a Pure Docking station linked through my hi-fi.

Occasionally it pauses on its own then starts again.

Any ideas?

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #4554 on: February 14, 2018, 12:23:49 PM »
I also have a old iPod Classic and a Pure Docking station linked through my hi-fi.

Occasionally it pauses on its own then starts again.

Any ideas?

This might be a high bitrate issue. I'd be interested to know if the songs it pauses on are newer, higher bitrate songs which the older, slower hardware in the classic struggles to decode in real time.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4555 on: February 17, 2018, 04:34:49 PM »
This might be a high bitrate issue. I'd be interested to know if the songs it pauses on are newer, higher bitrate songs which the older, slower hardware in the classic struggles to decode in real time.

Interesting.

Havenít really noticed. Find through headphones and intermittent issue.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4556 on: February 27, 2018, 09:15:42 PM »
My iPod Classic has gone mad - I get this message.

'iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPod ďNICK'S IPODĒ. Go to the Summary tab in iPod preferences and click Restore to restore this iPod to factory settings'

However the iPod is full as per settings so the music is on there.

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #4557 on: February 27, 2018, 11:58:31 PM »
My iPod Classic has gone mad - I get this message.

'iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPod ďNICK'S IPODĒ. Go to the Summary tab in iPod preferences and click Restore to restore this iPod to factory settings'

However the iPod is full as per settings so the music is on there.

If it's a decently old iPod there's every chance the HDD has died. I've had numerous iPods die over the years - the correlation being the heavier the use, the better the chances of RIP YNWA.