Author Topic: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)  (Read 296172 times)

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #4440 on: November 18, 2015, 07:32:32 PM »
The number checks out and the home button is the newer one you get on the latest devices so it must be a ipad 2. Been looking at pictures of the Air 2 boxes and some do come with I pad Air 2 written on it and some don't so its a little bit confusing but I've no doubt the device itself (which is immaculate) and one half of the charger are the real thing ,the box might be from a Ipad air 1 and the second half of the charger is a bit dodgy so who knows what's going on ;D.

There should be a label on the back of the box which contains the model details and serial number which should match the device.

Looking at the pics of the charger it looks like the UK plug part is defective. It may originally have had a US/EU plug on it and the seller may have swapped that with a 3rd party UK part.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Shady Craig

• Not the sharpest tool. 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4441 on: November 18, 2015, 10:17:22 PM »
They all match up as well. Just put it on and registered it using her apple id and password and was hoping it wouldn't notify her  iphone but it did, i told her she was getting the original ipad air but apple emailed her to say that someone has accessed her account and in that email it says it's a ipad air 2 :(

Good shout about the charger, I bet that's what has happened, not sure if Amazon will swap the charger without me returning the whole I pad but will give them a ring tomorrow. Unfortunately no Apple store around here so can't change it there.

Weirdly when I connected it to the wifi the signal went down on the router ,turned it off and it was sound again, turned it back on and the same happened but it eventually kicked out of it and all was fine again. Bit weird.

Offline IgorBobbins

• Believer
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #4442 on: November 20, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »
My iphone 5 has picked up this annoying habbit:  On the way into work I listen to a podcast on my headphones, then press pause on my in-line controls.  A few hours later (after using various apps etc.) I leave work, put my headphones in and press play.  But instead of starting the podcast from where I paused it, it plays music from my playlist.  It happens the other way round too.  Anyone else had this issue?

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4443 on: November 20, 2015, 12:29:56 PM »
Toughest choice was Utd or Chelsea to sign for :(

I opted for Chelsea, reluctantly.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4444 on: November 20, 2015, 01:39:34 PM »
My iphone 5 has picked up this annoying habbit:  On the way into work I listen to a podcast on my headphones, then press pause on my in-line controls.  A few hours later (after using various apps etc.) I leave work, put my headphones in and press play.  But instead of starting the podcast from where I paused it, it plays music from my playlist.  It happens the other way round too.  Anyone else had this issue?

I'd imagine it's to do with a lack of memory (not the storage space sort), so the app can't store where you were previously.

Try closing down anything you're not using (double click home then close the open apps there) to see if that helps. Also you could probably test if this is the reason by not using the phone for the few hours between and seeing if it then plays from the paused place.

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Believer
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #4445 on: November 21, 2015, 12:03:40 PM »
I opted for Chelsea, reluctantly.
Me too. Couldn't finish that section quick enough.
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4446 on: November 23, 2015, 07:40:35 PM »
Refurbing a house and I'm going to wall mount an iPad with one of these

http://www.habitech.co.uk/Manufacturers/Wall-Smart/Wall-Smart+for+Apple/Wall-Smart+wall+mount+for+iPad+mini_WAL-IMINI.htm

They do one with the home button on show and one without , is there a way in the settings to disable the home button and return out of any apps back to the main screen without pressing the home button

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4447 on: November 23, 2015, 07:55:27 PM »
Refurbing a house and I'm going to wall mount an iPad with one of these

http://www.habitech.co.uk/Manufacturers/Wall-Smart/Wall-Smart+for+Apple/Wall-Smart+wall+mount+for+iPad+mini_WAL-IMINI.htm

They do one with the home button on show and one without , is there a way in the settings to disable the home button and return out of any apps back to the main screen without pressing the home button

I doubt it, pretty much 100% of the apps I've ever used use the home button to exit. Plus it has other uses, such as finger print log in (depending on model) and double tapping to close apps that are open.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4448 on: November 23, 2015, 08:04:13 PM »
I doubt it, pretty much 100% of the apps I've ever used use the home button to exit. Plus it has other uses, such as finger print log in (depending on model) and double tapping to close apps that are open.

Cheers craig , thought that myself but I'm not a total expert on them and with the company selling versions with the home button covered was wondering the limited uses for them with it covered , probably a security feature for commercial use

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #4449 on: November 23, 2015, 08:10:07 PM »
Cheers craig , thought that myself but I'm not a total expert on them and with the company selling versions with the home button covered was wondering the limited uses for them with it covered , probably a security feature for commercial use

You can actually create a virtual home button in settings/accessibility which gives a floating transparent on-screen control which takes the place of the home button.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4450 on: November 23, 2015, 09:02:44 PM »
You can actually create a virtual home button in settings/accessibility which gives a floating transparent on-screen control which takes the place of the home button.

Really ? Looking at my lads ipad mini now and can't see anything in accessibility , only mention of home button is to change click speed

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4451 on: November 23, 2015, 10:11:18 PM »
Really ? Looking at my lads ipad mini now and can't see anything in accessibility , only mention of home button is to change click speed

You need to enable AssistiveTouch.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4452 on: November 23, 2015, 10:35:26 PM »
You need to enable AssistiveTouch.

Will have a mess around with it thanks for the posts

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Never Forget
« Reply #4453 on: November 25, 2015, 05:17:23 PM »
just got the new ipad pro

its huge and feels so thin its unreal

feels like it will snap in half just by looking at it

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4454 on: November 25, 2015, 05:56:49 PM »
just got the new ipad pro

its huge and feels so thin its unreal

feels like it will snap in half just by looking at it

Let us know what your first impression are of it after a couple of uses.

Gonna be next month before can get one (hopefully stock won't be an issue then!).

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4455 on: January 21, 2016, 03:30:50 AM »
Anyone play Empire Z? I used to despise these games but I've been hooked on this for months.
On Super bowl XLVIII -
I like the idea that there's one guy in that crowd going around looking for pills.
- KerryKop 03/02/14 01:14:49 AM

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Kopite
  • We Always win in Rome!!
My 160 gb IPod Classic has "died"
« Reply #4456 on: June 25, 2016, 06:54:33 PM »
I have had an IPod Classic 160gb since November 2011 & have never had any problems with it technically, apart from it freezing once or twice & having to reset it.

However, today, when I tried to start charging, nothing happened, the screen was just black, usually you get the "charging" icon come straight up.  I tried to reset the device by pressing the MENU & centre keys for around 6-8 seconds, but nothing happened.  I tried to connect it to my desktop via ITunes, but the device wasn't identified.  I( waited for 30-45 minutes with the device plugged into 1 of the USB ports, as it might have been fully discharged & needed a longer time to start chargingI went online & found some possible solutions which I tried, but nothing.

I have an Apple store in Reading town centre which is within walking distance, but feel that the cost of any spares or repair might be prohibitive, like for a new battery/hard drive etc.  I don't want to try & make any technical fixes myself to save money, as it looks quite difficult to get the IPod open to change the battery etc.

Does anyone have any bright ideas for me to be able to resolve this? Or do I need to bite the bullet & get a new MP3 player?  Just need a high capacity 1 like the Classic, not too bothered about top sound quality.  Would you trust a refurbished 1?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: My 160 gb IPod Classic has "died"
« Reply #4457 on: June 25, 2016, 06:55:59 PM »
Wipe it and restore from iTunes....

Your only hope I reckon
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Kopite
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #4458 on: June 25, 2016, 07:04:50 PM »
Wipe it and restore from iTunes....

Your only hope I reckon

My device isn't visible on ITunes for me to be able to start wiping everything & restoring to factory defaults.

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4459 on: June 25, 2016, 07:06:48 PM »
My device isn't visible on ITunes for me to be able to start wiping everything & restoring to factory defaults.
Oh dear.... That's not a good sign....

A trip to the oracle for you I think....
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Believer
« Reply #4460 on: June 25, 2016, 07:28:00 PM »
Mine died a while back after falling in water.  I might try and get repaired at a shop in our local market.  got 98gig of music on there and i miss it, especially when taking my lad to footie training.
He's got a tattoo on his wrist that says "I hate blackie blackie blackie blacks, and I fucking love handballing it into the opponent's goal and away from my own goal, and biting people, and kicking young kids in the bollocks when they ask for autographs. And diving. I fucking love that."

Offline cloggypop

• Believer
« Reply #4461 on: June 25, 2016, 09:19:52 PM »
RIP Dan The Man 28373's IPod Classic 160gb.

November 2011 - June 2016

YNWA

Offline quirkovski

• Main Stander
« Reply #4462 on: June 25, 2016, 09:40:28 PM »
Try putting it in DFU mode, if you haven't already...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_bIDtBohnE

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4463 on: June 26, 2016, 08:10:56 PM »
iPad just showing a black screen with the voice over

Tried home button and power button reset but nothing changes , when connecting to iTunes wants to put passcode into iPad but impossible as screen black

Any ideas ?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4464 on: September 11, 2016, 09:22:01 PM »
My iPad (old 3rd Gen version) downloaded the new iOS 9.3.5 software last week. It has absolutely killed my ability to charge the damn thing. Had it plugged in last night and it went from 77% to 84%. Have to leave it plugged in all the time. Anyone got any ideas?- and yes, I have hard reset it.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #4465 on: September 11, 2016, 10:17:08 PM »
My iPad (old 3rd Gen version) downloaded the new iOS 9.3.5 software last week. It has absolutely killed my ability to charge the damn thing. Had it plugged in last night and it went from 77% to 84%. Have to leave it plugged in all the time. Anyone got any ideas?- and yes, I have hard reset it.

If you're absolutely sure that it is the OS update and not that your battery is Kapput then search for "downgrade to iOS 9.3.3" and there are various sites that'll give you instructions on how to roll back your firmware. It will be a bit of a pain in the arse though. I try and always stay 1 version behind the current one.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #4466 on: September 12, 2016, 06:57:55 AM »
I have been thinking about the new Ipad Pro 12.9 128gb but can see Apple have put the price up now from £799 to £819 - which is a lot for a tablet.
John Lewis have it at £729 which seems a decent deal with 3 years cover included.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4467 on: September 12, 2016, 03:36:39 PM »
If you're absolutely sure that it is the OS update and not that your battery is Kapput then search for "downgrade to iOS 9.3.3" and there are various sites that'll give you instructions on how to roll back your firmware. It will be a bit of a pain in the arse though. I try and always stay 1 version behind the current one.

No, it was solid as a rock until Apple's latest shiteology.  Bunch of incompetent shitehawks.

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4468 on: September 12, 2016, 03:39:54 PM »
No, it was solid as a rock until Apple's latest shiteology.  Bunch of incompetent shitehawks.

Has it been reported as a common occurrence for people updating to this version on 3rd Gen iPads?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4469 on: September 12, 2016, 03:55:42 PM »
Has it been reported as a common occurrence for people updating to this version on 3rd Gen iPads?

There's a bunch of queries on the topic on the apple discussion forums (with the usual condescendingly unhelpful replies that we've known to love from apple).  Issues on some iphones as well as ipads.

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4470 on: September 12, 2016, 04:59:33 PM »
I have this issue on iPhone, have posted it in iPhone thread,
I am currently waiting to go to Genius Bar to see if they can resolve it.
It's free as long as it's a software issue, if it's hardware then it's gonna cost.

Was passing an EE shop today in manchester, nipped in and told them what was up, as I am with them and phone us under 24months old they will repair it free of charge.
Going to local shop on Monday and should get it back after 7 days.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:03:04 PM by gary75 »

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Never Forget
« Reply #4471 on: September 19, 2016, 08:31:32 PM »
Not liking ios 10 so far.

Seems less friendly.

Cant turn on music from the lock screen any more.

also seems more clunky. im sure its better. frustrating when you are fully familiar with a product then they change it

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4472 on: September 19, 2016, 08:33:52 PM »
Doesn't Music have its own tab if you swipe right?

Not noticed any slow down on my 6, certainly wouldn't describe it as clunky. The changes appear to be fairly small to be honest in my general day to day usage of it.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4473 on: September 19, 2016, 08:46:06 PM »
Not liking ios 10 so far.

Seems less friendly.

Cant turn on music from the lock screen any more.

also seems more clunky. im sure its better. frustrating when you are fully familiar with a product then they change it

Swipe up and then left for music. I think iOS10 is a big upgrade personally, love it
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Walshy nMe®

• Pretty in Pink. Predicted Chelsea 4 or 5 or 6, Barnsley 0 but not proud of that fact.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Legend
« Reply #4474 on: September 20, 2016, 08:43:21 AM »
Yep, and not only that I believe there is also a little tooltip the first time you bring up control centre to advise you of this.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4475 on: September 20, 2016, 05:02:30 PM »
Ahoy-hoy.

Got a question regarding iPod shuffle, (if not the right thread, point me along please). My youngest wanted an iPod Shuffle for her birthday aaand that's what she got. Now, I don't have iTunes installed and I don't want it either.

So, how do I get the mp3s on that tiny thing?

A search on the interwebs seems to conclude that is quite possible to do this, but I'd like to check with RAWKs finest first.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4476 on: September 20, 2016, 09:21:58 PM »
The new music app is worse than the previous incarnation, which in itself was poor. But it did the job clunkily. However there is one problem for which I am aggrieved beyond measure. I hate the 'you might also like..." invading my library. My library is my private space, if i wish to browse I'll open iTunes. This is a serious breach to me and serious enough for me to want to abandon the iPhone. Ive owned all versions from iPhone 2 up to the now 6s. (not bothered about 7) I despise the invasion of marketing into my library. I do not need anyone telling me what I might also like. To place advertising into my library is a breach of trust to me and I will not tolerate this. If there was an option to turn it on/off, then fine. There isn't, or it isn't immediately apparent or what is provided does not work.

Oh and album artwork is failing. Again.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4477 on: September 20, 2016, 09:25:35 PM »
Where are you seeing the recommended songs when on the Library page in Music. Just checked and can't see it on mine on any of the pages (artists, albums, etc).

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #4478 on: September 20, 2016, 09:36:29 PM »
Massive shout out to the Duet App for the iPad. Allows you to extend your Mac Desktop by simply plugging in your lightning cable. At £13 it's not cheap but brilliant for productivity if you choose to carry a small Macbook for portability reasons. Can get the most out of a program like Photoshop on a small screen.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4479 on: September 21, 2016, 03:21:21 PM »
Craig,

Find a downloaded tune and scroll to the bottom of the album/single/ep. Up will appear 'you might also like...'
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.