Author Topic: Amazon Prime  (Read 3159 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Amazon Prime
« Reply #120 on: December 4, 2019, 11:45:46 PM »
The streaming quality was exceptional for me and the quality of the output for a platform having it's first rodeo cannot be faulted. Having experienced hands helps of course but that was better than anything Sky or BT have offered in years. I'm impressed and I can't stand Amazon.

It really was tonight,they used the BT platform so it was (picture quality) as good as BT provide and their set-up is head and shoulders ahead of Skys
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Good King Wencesloolahs

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #121 on: Yesterday at 01:51:36 AM »
Well my amazon prime experience was shite.
Worst buffering I have ever had from a paid service, lost rhe game at 81 mims and missed Liverpool's 5th.  I get better from acestream.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

perfect for me yesterday on Samsung TV st home, and perfect tonight on Samsung tablet on hotel WIFI.  Watched some of the goals show preview initially, then the first half of spurs v Utd followed by our game in full.

Connection dropped once in the pre-game but from then on was perfect.  Great picture too. Hoping they get more games next time
Im in the nude in the garden rubbing marmite on myself,and i fucking hate marmite.
http://www.twitter.com/shelts_lfc

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked.
  • Believer
  • Insert something awesome here!
    • Yorkandbeyond
« Reply #122 on: Yesterday at 09:16:26 AM »
I imagine they had huge viewing figures and now regret the month free trial :P

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #123 on: Yesterday at 09:18:37 AM »
I imagine they had huge viewing figures and now regret the month free trial :P

I think that was their aim. Plenty will use it to buy Xmas presents which Amazon will make money on and some will stick with it after the trial. They’ll make a packet on it.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: Yesterday at 09:44:33 AM »
Yeah, stream was fantastic for me last night. Went blurry for about 10 seconds early in the first half, but flawless other than that.

Last night must have been a huge challenge for their servers - six games on at once, including a couple of really attractive ones in Liverpool-Everton and United-Spurs.

Long term, hope they can find a way to reduce the lag and also a quicker way to cycle through the different live matches.

Boxing Day should be great, nine live fixtures from across four timeslots (including our game at 8pm)

Offline Prince Elzar: Son of King Balthazar

• train station gate frustration
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Bam!
« Reply #125 on: Yesterday at 10:17:49 AM »
I think that was their aim. Plenty will use it to buy Xmas presents which Amazon will make money on and some will stick with it after the trial. They’ll make a packet on it.

I reckon they will get plenty forgetting to cancel too, which was also in their thinking.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Jul Chrimbo?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #126 on: Yesterday at 10:22:09 AM »
Yeah, stream was fantastic for me last night. Went blurry for about 10 seconds early in the first half, but flawless other than that.

Last night must have been a huge challenge for their servers - six games on at once, including a couple of really attractive ones in Liverpool-Everton and United-Spurs.

Long term, hope they can find a way to reduce the lag and also a quicker way to cycle through the different live matches.

Boxing Day should be great, nine live fixtures from across four timeslots (including our game at 8pm)

Netflix runs on AWS. They face bigger strain on their servers every day - remember Amazon only streamed this in the UK, compared to Netflix streaming worldwide. I'm not convinced this was a strain on their servers in the slightest.

Offline Claire.

• The Don. Giving it up for Lents. Too bright for most RAWK users. Getting antsy.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #127 on: Yesterday at 11:49:42 AM »
Netflix runs on AWS. They face bigger strain on their servers every day - remember Amazon only streamed this in the UK, compared to Netflix streaming worldwide. I'm not convinced this was a strain on their servers in the slightest.

Yeah, I doubt it even registered on AWS, most people seem to think Amazon is just a shop ;D

Online santa tubbytits

• Not on my watch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #128 on: Yesterday at 11:51:46 AM »
Streamed the games on the Amazon app on my Samsung TV and it was crisp, clear HD with no buffering.  Lovely.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #129 on: Yesterday at 12:02:12 PM »
Seemed to work better on my TV than my phone.

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Kopite
  • We go again
« Reply #130 on: Yesterday at 01:07:53 PM »
Excellent picture but had to turn phone off because of the delay. I had an alert about Divock's goal about a minute before he scored it.
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #131 on: Yesterday at 01:09:53 PM »
The delay seemed to be different for different people as my Dad's was a good 60-90 seconds behind mine.

Offline Jul Chrimbo?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #132 on: Yesterday at 02:30:06 PM »
The delay seemed to be different for different people as my Dad's was a good 60-90 seconds behind mine.

To be expected. Streaming is vastly more complicated than broadcast television and there are so many variables that can affect how long it takes to reach you.

As I said previously Amazon will have been using their CDNs which will vary by ISP and location. Maybe the CDN whic hyou connect to is further downstream the network tham the one someone else connects to and therefore has a bigger delay.

Amazon could be using a load balancer that randonmly assigns you to a server which has a bigger delay as it is getting the stream from another server upstream.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #133 on: Yesterday at 02:33:52 PM »
All broadcasts should offer you the ability to turn off the commentators. Was brilliant just listening to the crowd.

Now just give us the ability to choose our camera angles and the future will be reached :P
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #134 on: Yesterday at 02:34:51 PM »
Thought Ally McCoist was pretty good last night, had no need to turn the comms off!

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #135 on: Yesterday at 05:33:46 PM »
Thought Ally McCoist was pretty good last night, had no need to turn the comms off!

He was really lapping up the Anfield ambience.
JFT96

Offline robbed 1966 yorkies from kids' selection boxes

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #136 on: Yesterday at 05:49:57 PM »
All broadcasts should offer you the ability to turn off the commentators. Was brilliant just listening to the crowd.

Now just give us the ability to choose our camera angles and the future will be reached :P

Sky had all that in the late 90's. I got really ill in 1998 and wasn't able to go the game anymore so I got sky and binge watched footy. You could kill the comms and, using Anfield as an example, also pick if you wanted the main stand camera, the lower camera in the main, the Anny camera or the Kop camera, plus player camwhen that came in.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro.
  • Believer
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #137 on: Yesterday at 05:56:48 PM »
Does Prime have a goal show, or can i just rewatch the whole game?
"Nobody knows anything..." William Goldman.

XB1 Gamertag: BrothersYork

Offline Little Robbie Red Breast

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2018 Champion Tipster
« Reply #138 on: Yesterday at 06:04:56 PM »
Does Prime have a goal show, or can i just rewatch the whole game?
yep can watch the whole thing again or highlights or just the goals, everything

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro.
  • Believer
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #139 on: Yesterday at 06:08:28 PM »
yep can watch the whole thing again or highlights or just the goals, everything

Great, thanks.
"Nobody knows anything..." William Goldman.

XB1 Gamertag: BrothersYork

Online duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #140 on: Yesterday at 10:33:46 PM »
Just watched a replay of last nights game. Not quite the same as being there but the overall coverage is far superior to Sky/BT. Picture quality for a stream is excellent. Commentators were good and it made a real change for the presenter and pundits just discuss the game rather than working from agenda’s looking to be as critical as possible.

Offline Little Robbie Red Breast

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2018 Champion Tipster
« Reply #141 on: Yesterday at 11:05:27 PM »
Back to IPTV for now, well played Amazon