Author Topic: Ewe Effing Ohhhs!  (Read 2232 times)

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!!
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist
Re: Ewe Effing Ohhhs!
« Reply #120 on: July 1, 2020, 11:07:31 PM »
all science does is throw hurdles under the feet saying they will believe when we have physical evidence..

a) That's a terrible characterisation of science, a hypothesis can be put forward with no chance of 'physical' evidence, as long as experiments can be designed that could falsify it. The more of these experiments that fail to disprove the hypothesis, the more likely the scientific community will come to accept it.

b) What should the theshold for believing in something be, if not evidence?
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland worrying times for Liverpool Football Club. Shame really.

Online Something Worse

• Believer
« Reply #121 on: July 1, 2020, 11:20:01 PM »
Its exactly the three youd expect to be involved as well. Two absolute nut jobs and Andy.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Believer
  • Monty, you terrible c*nt!
« Reply #122 on: July 2, 2020, 01:03:43 AM »
Its exactly the three youd expect to be involved as well. Two absolute nut jobs and Andy.

;D

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Exiled to Yorkshire...
« Reply #123 on: Yesterday at 12:33:15 PM »
Two absolute nut jobs and Andy.

That's the name of RAWK's first movie.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #124 on: Yesterday at 04:46:52 PM »
Nick Pope may know stuff, he worked for the UK government on UFOs, probably a cash in expert these days but will know some stuff. Space cadets like David Icke, a wild conspiracy theorist who latches onto anything for money, the world is full of them. You either want to believe, as the world is a dull and depressing hole at times and something out there would be great, or you don't. Those who furiously dismiss UFOs do so as they upset their centre of the universe feeling, plus scientists don't all agree, though all science does is throw hurdles under the feet saying they will believe when we have physical evidence. Even if evidence came to light it would be swept under a massive black carpet underground. I do believe, if a government came out and said aliens exits, the human race would panic and be cretins, as proved many times before. Hawking was certain that aliens exist, who am I to argue. How they get here is another question.

However, when it comes to mysteries, one of the best is really the pyramids. Not the trick of the light Cydonia ones on Mars but our very own geometric wonders. Why, because they are very fuckin hard to build, even using today's technology. Was a show on TV a few years back and they tried to build a really small one using modern tools, they had a very hard time doing so. Throw in the mysterious hieroglyphs, some looking like modern tech such as helicopters and planes, they are thousands of years old. Ancient civilisation founded by an alien race? Perhaps .. its a good mystery.

Let's not do pyramids again. They are easy to build with enough manpower. There is no complex engineering - they are just big piles of stone. Big lumps of stone I grant you but ancient people all over the world found ways to shift big lumps of stone.

Pile of rocks:

Enormous pile of rocks:

What a pyramid would look like of built by advanced technology:

Piling up rocks at or around the angle of repose is not advanced.

The size of the stones is impressive but the evidence of the 'bent' pyramid shows that they were building by trial and error, not advanced engineering.

They started building at 54 but fearing it was unstable and fearing it would collapse they lowered the angle to 43 halfway up.

I'd also suggest you visit the British Museum or the British Library if you want to know about heiroglyphics. I've had the priviledge to talk with the curators at the BM and they can tell you exactly what each of the characters represents.

I'm not sure why an alien civilisation who presumably travelled by some kind of faster than light spacecraft would include images of helicopters and planes, which would be primitive technology to them and would not be invented by humans for thousands of years. That makes zero sense. It's clear evidence that the similiarity is coincidence.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Believer
  • All is well
« Reply #125 on: Yesterday at 04:56:15 PM »
Chris Jericho | WWE
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!!
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #126 on: Yesterday at 05:03:29 PM »
I'm not sure why an alien civilisation who presumably travelled by some kind of faster than light spacecraft would include images of helicopters and planes, which would be primitive technology to them and would not be invented by humans for thousands of years. That makes zero sense. It's clear evidence that the similiarity is coincidence.

Checkmate.

Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland worrying times for Liverpool Football Club. Shame really.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #127 on: Yesterday at 05:50:26 PM »
Checkmate.

That's class! I want one.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline rob19:6 "And yeah doth the Lord liketh trucking."

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

Offline Just Elmo?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #129 on: Yesterday at 06:19:23 PM »
What a pyramid would look like of built by advanced technology:

[/img]

I recognise that building - that is in Bratislava isn't it?

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #130 on: Today at 06:15:40 PM »
Well that was a frank, sterile and decently researched response Alan! Though you cant explain away pyramids in a few lines to be fair, the pile of rocks anyone can do, the giant pyramid of Giza is another thing. It is perhaps well documented that builders used giant sleds to haul rocks but the preparation and construction times are phenomenal. British museums do not hold the all answers that archaeologists are still trying unravel, great points of reference though. Its a great mystery why they really exist (giant sundials and calendars?) An impressive feat for its time, probably better than anything comparable using modern tech in modern times.  I do like the upside pyramid though, has some style.

- all in my opinion of course -

Offline rob19:6 "And yeah doth the Lord liketh trucking."

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #131 on: Today at 08:14:58 PM »