Author Topic: offer made?  (Read 43841 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: offer made?
« Reply #240 on: July 29, 2008, 10:37:13 pm »
It's a Dodge pick-up apparently. But it begs the question - if he's bothered about the price of 'gas', then why not get a vehicle that can effectively halve the price of 'gas' in one go i.e. one that does 30 mpg.
Why don't you give him the money for a new vehicle instead.

Maybe he uses his "pickup" for work. And as a family vehicle.

You make far to many assumptions over someone you've never met and have no idea what their financial situation is.

Not everyone is rushing out to put their family (further)  in debt over the rising price of fuel. If anyone has ever done simple calculations on how much better gas mileage you would need to achieve in order to justify the thousands extra you spend to acquire a new vehicle-- maybe then you'd understand that people do not automatically rush right out and trade in their vehicle just to get a few extra miles per gallon.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: July 29, 2008, 10:49:06 pm »

You make far to many assumptions over someone you've never met and have no idea what their financial situation is.

Not everyone is rushing out to put their family (further)  in debt over the rising price of fuel. If anyone has ever done simple calculations on how much better gas mileage you would need to achieve in order to justify the thousands extra you spend to acquire a new vehicle-- maybe then you'd understand that people do not automatically rush right out and trade in their vehicle just to get a few extra miles per gallon.
I agree with this. We get the same kind of 'why don't you buy a smaller car' bollocks here in the UK by brainwashed eco-Luddites who never think anything through. Many of whom completely ignore that for, say a family with three or four kids, a tiny supermini will be practically useless. Indeed it's even more necessary for families to have a bigger vehicle since the government brought in laws forcing kids up to quite a high age and size to sit in special safety seats which take up more room than just a person.

With one hand they taketh away and with the other they taketh away even more. 

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #242 on: July 30, 2008, 12:48:16 am »
Assumptions assumptions. Maybe he uses the truck for work, maybe not. He may simply be a gun toting redneck who's into monster truck races too. :D

A lot of people don't really need SUVs or trucks but buy them because they feel safer in the monsters.

Of course since gas will probably never be cheap again, the people who don't really need a monster truck might do well to trade them in for something more efficient immediately. Some of those trucks can't even do 15mpg while mid size cars may do 23-25. Huge difference.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 12:53:47 am by LiverBirdKop »

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: July 30, 2008, 01:22:04 am »
Huge difference.

Really.

Automotive OEMs consider that average Americans to drive 12,000 miles per year. At 15 mpg, that means Mr. Pickup driver will use 800 gallons X $4.00 = spending $3,200 per year.

At 25 mpg, he would use 480 gallons per year x $4.00 = spending $1,920 per year.
A savings of $1,280. Huge, as you say.

Mr. Pickup driver is in the chips with that kind of savings. Except his pickup truck with the low mileage is worth little. Lets say he has a 3 year old Dodge Ram 2500 pickup. Which is worth around $12,000 to a dealer for trade in. Probably cost him $28,000  when new and he still may owe more than what it's worth ( called upside down in the industry), but we'll assume he breaks even-- loan left to pay versus trade in.

He then goes to buy a Toyota Camry which gets 21 mpg city and 31 mpg highway. So we'll call it 25 mpg average. If he can find one at a dealer he will probably pay around $25,000. Maybe more.

Well let's see, his truck nets him $12,000, he buys a new Toyota for $25,000--that's $13,000 difference. Without getting into interest and payments, He would have to drive the Toyota over 10 years--saving $1,280 per year on the difference in mileage between his truck and the Toyota just to break even. 

Now if you actually throw in what he pays over a 5 year loan on 25,000, then just how many years will he need to drive the Toyota to pay for the entire car--not just the difference in value of his trade versus the new car. You are looking at $25,000 loan  for 5 years ( 60 months) at 6% = paying $29,000 over the course of the loan. Or about 23 years of saving $1,280 per year on the difference between 15 mpg and 25 mpg.

So yes---the savings are huge between 15 mpg and 25 mpg----provided  you can afford it. :P
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 01:32:58 am by 4pool »

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #244 on: July 30, 2008, 01:30:05 am »
Huge difference.

Really.

Automotive OEMs consider that average Americans to drive 12,000 miles per year. At 15 mpg, that means Mr. Pickup driver will use 800 gallons X $4.00 = spending $3,200 per year.

At 25 mpg, he would use 480 gallons per year x $4.00 = spending $1,920 per year.
A savings of $1,280. Huge, as you say.

Mr. Pickup driver is in the chips with that kind of savings. Except his pickup truck with the low mileage is worth little. Lets say he has a 3 year old Dodge Ram 2500 pickup. Which is worth around $12,000 to a dealer for trade in. Probably cost him $28,000  when new and he still may owe more than what it's worth ( called upside down in the industry), but we'll assume he breaks even loan left to pay versus trade in.

He then goes to buy a Toyota Camry which gets 21 mpg city and 31 mpg highway. So we'll call it 25 mpg average. If he can find one at a dealer he will probably pay around $25,000. Maybe more.

Well let's see, his truck nets him $12,000, he buys a new Toyota for $25,000--that's $13,000 difference to finance. Without getting into interest and payments, He would have to drive the Toyota over 10 years--saving $1,280 per year on the difference in mileage between his truck and the Toyota just to break even.

So yes---the savings are huge between 15 mpg and 25 mpg----provided  you can afford it. :P

And in 20 years time when his children grow up they'll be living in a desert because global warming has fucked the planet up. But at least daddy had a nice car.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline guyko21

• Kopite
« Reply #245 on: July 30, 2008, 01:31:17 am »
Errr ... I think we're veering a bit off topic here lads! 

Let's get back onto the takeover / offer thing ...  the car stuff is getting very dull. 

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: July 30, 2008, 01:36:29 am »
And in 20 years time when his children grow up they'll be living in a desert because global warming has fucked the planet up. But at least daddy had a nice car.

Wrong thread for that.

but if you're so worried go buy him a new car then.

Or maybe science will advance enough so that in 20 years time global warming won't be the threat people think it is now due to advanced solutions.  Unless you prescribe to science stands still.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #247 on: July 30, 2008, 03:01:04 am »
Well let's see, his truck nets him $12,000, he buys a new Toyota for $25,000--
So yes---the savings are huge between 15 mpg and 25 mpg----provided  you can afford it.
Your comparison has a huge flaw. "Mr. Truck driver" doesn't have to buy a brand new car now does he?

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: July 30, 2008, 03:14:53 am »
Your comparison has a huge flaw. "Mr. Truck driver" doesn't have to buy a brand new car now does he?

Tell his wife that. ;)

No he doesn't. But you try and find an alternative vehicle that gets significant better gas mileage at a comparable price.

Provided he sells his used vehicle for any sort of profit, he's still out xx,xxx for a 3-4-5 year old used car that is out of warranty and may require maintence that is unknown to him. Whereas he knows how well he's taken car of his current vehicle.

So provided he spends just $12,800 for a used 4-5 year old Honda for instance. Financing on used cars is at a higher rate than new cars. So he's now only has 10 years pay back on the savings from his pickup at 15 mpg to a vehicle which gets 25 mpg.

I suppose in your mind he can spend under 5 grand ( only using 4 years to break even with his mpg money savings) and make his wife and kids happy by finding some vehicle that gets "much" better gas mileage. He would need a real understanding wife and kids. ;)

Offline LiverBirdKop

• Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #249 on: July 30, 2008, 05:01:30 am »
Tell his wife that. ;)

No he doesn't. But you try and find an alternative vehicle that gets significant better gas mileage at a comparable price.

Provided he sells his used vehicle for any sort of profit, he's still out xx,xxx for a 3-4-5 year old used car that is out of warranty and may require maintence that is unknown to him. Whereas he knows how well he's taken car of his current vehicle.

So provided he spends just $12,800 for a used 4-5 year old Honda for instance. Financing on used cars is at a higher rate than new cars. So he's now only has 10 years pay back on the savings from his pickup at 15 mpg to a vehicle which gets 25 mpg.

I suppose in your mind he can spend under 5 grand ( only using 4 years to break even with his mpg money savings) and make his wife and kids happy by finding some vehicle that gets "much" better gas mileage. He would need a real understanding wife and kids. ;)

Not much I can add to that except this line from a movie that fits your last couple of replies to a t:

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened(read) to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #250 on: July 30, 2008, 06:27:49 am »
thus proving my earlier point

Offline mickfinney

• Anny Roader
« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2008, 06:47:01 am »

well said

Offline Ozzy_Red

• about Sharon in OK magazine again.. Not the sharpest shrimp on the barbie but probably the most irritating
  • Legacy Fan
  • A pig. In a cage. On antibiotics
« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2008, 07:08:30 am »
what the hell happened to this thread  :o
Rarfer out! Go the Liverpool Reds Football Franchise!

Wanker : Manchester United fan. Follower of Manchester United. Denzien of Manchester. More likely to know more about white dog poo than football.

Online Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2008, 09:50:42 am »
4pool, how does it work over your side? Can a vehicle (and it's running costs) bought for business be off-set against tax?
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Online Tsar Kastik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2008, 10:12:00 am »
I agree with this. We get the same kind of 'why don't you buy a smaller car' bollocks here in the UK by brainwashed eco-Luddites who never think anything through. Many of whom completely ignore that for, say a family with three or four kids, a tiny supermini will be practically useless. Indeed it's even more necessary for families to have a bigger vehicle since the government brought in laws forcing kids up to quite a high age and size to sit in special safety seats which take up more room than just a person.

With one hand they taketh away and with the other they taketh away even more. 

Bit surprised by the hyperbole.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #255 on: July 30, 2008, 10:32:17 am »

just to destroy this myth of global warming being caused by us

do you think this isnt the first time the worlds climate has changed in this manner?

you do know that its done it a fair few times, without our help?

you do know that we were due a change in climate?

if you want to spout global warming shite, read the facts, and read thoroughly, governments and government funding scientists have done some very interesting research that has made the arguement very acceptable

however like stats, you can make research prove any point if you do the right stuff

« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:59:49 am by The Lesser of Two Evils »

Online Tsar Kastik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: July 30, 2008, 10:54:23 am »
Thanks, but I'll go with these fellas.

http://royalsociety.org/page.asp?id=4761

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #257 on: July 30, 2008, 11:06:59 am »
Thanks, but I'll go with these fellas.

http://royalsociety.org/page.asp?id=4761

fair enough, but just cos it is ros, doesnt mean its gospel

plus i wonder where the funding for that work came from?

ps, my original point was not to say that some contribution may make an effect, but that the link is based on putting facts together rather than them being completely linked

Get Man utd to fund the research and it could be easily said that the increase in CO2 emmisions has helped United dominate Premiership football

both factual, both linked by time, so maybe true?

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #258 on: July 30, 2008, 11:21:55 am »
rest assured if human activity is as bad as some say for the climate Nature will remove the problem.I just wish it would give us a hand in gettin rid of Twit & twat

Offline Anyone...

• Main Stander
  • Red for life
« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2008, 11:26:12 am »
Liverpool football club will not go forward unless the yanks go.
They promised the new stadium, my opinion it won't even happen with them, but fact is they are now looking at a stadium worse then we officially had planned. Yes you may think anfield is ok for the time being, but really for all our fans we need a bigger stadium. if you want any prove...look at the season ticket waiting list.
It's clear they are just init for the money, which i don't mind but the fact that before they came in we were 60million in debt, now it looks like it's over 350million in debt.
How can this be good for the club and team?
No way, so why have we let this slip away from us.
i understand football has money to be made init but to be honest I’d rather a true fan to own the club. Not too yanks who couldn't give a **** about how we do, just how the money slides into their pockets.
It's clear now most Liverpool fc fans are not really bothered about the yanks being in charge because they don't think it has anything to do with us unachieveing.
to be honest i don't care what you say, if you think we have had a good season I think you are either just plain daft or just wishing that we actually did have a good season.
We can all go on about they have gave us money for signings etc. We all know the truth though. We are being taken for idiots and soon our club unless we do something about it, is going to become the next Leeds united.
Red for life

Offline PhilLFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Stay Low Move Fast..We are the Pilgrims Master
« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2008, 12:10:32 pm »
just wait and see, DIC are waiting in the sidelines. The yank having money for the stadium....lol, new that all along
22 Smokin AceS

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2008, 12:34:39 pm »
Bit surprised by the hyperbole.
Used for effect. But can you prove anything I said was untrue?

(But not here, obviously; we're getting far too OT :) )
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 12:40:32 pm by coffeehead »

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2008, 12:41:43 pm »
the apathy amongst some LFC supporters reminds me why lying politicians get re-elected.The simple reason is that most are just too stupid to be allowed the vote

Online Tsar Kastik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2008, 12:57:53 pm »

About as much as you can 'prove' your points.
Certain families may need a bigger car,but I know of quite a few that don't, indeed I know SUV owners who aren't even married let alone have an above average number of kids. That's apart from mums I see picking up their kids in similar vehicles from the junior school 150 yards away from where I live, while Daddy takes his Beamer to work.I would  also estimate that a big majority of these kids live within less than a mile from this school.

BTW what  is an 'eco-Luddite'?

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2008, 01:00:58 pm »
About as much as you can 'prove' your points.
Certain families may need a bigger car,but I know of quite a few that don't, indeed I know SUV owners who aren't even married let alone have an above average number of kids. That's apart from mums I see picking up their kids in similar vehicles from the junior school 150 yards away from where I live, while Daddy takes his Beamer to work.I would  also estimate that a big majority of these kids live within less than a mile from this school.

BTW what  is an 'eco-Luddite'?

So what your saying is people should not be allowed free choice in what they buy, what they drive and how they live their lives?

if only petrol was cheaper i would leave my engine running overnight just to annoy you

;)

:wave

Online Tsar Kastik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2008, 01:03:12 pm »
So what your saying is people should not be allowed free choice in what they buy, what they drive and how they live their lives?

if only petrol was cheaper i would leave my engine running overnight just to annoy you

;)

Silly boy.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2008, 01:06:03 pm »
Silly boy.

patronising prick

lets not take this thread any further off topic, but if you want to talk about cars, greenhouse gases and the effect on climate change lets start up a new thread, and leave the government propaganda at the door

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2008, 01:12:14 pm »
in that case leave it with the oil company shit too

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #268 on: July 30, 2008, 01:13:11 pm »
back on topic for the sake of the thread and somewhere for Harry to complain ;)

Interesting things seem to be going on at the minute and with all that is going on, the hand of our owners is going to be truely shown.

DIC are well aware of the position the owners are in, despite the valuations etc, they also realise the value of the club, these next few days, weeks, months will be interesting to see how the Americans try to make it work, its their last chance, and its a risky chance, should they be found to be struggling, the bargaining chips they had with DIC the last time they spoke, face to face, will have disappeared, and DIC will be the ones holding the cards

Offline muleskinner

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2008, 01:35:43 pm »

Interesting things seem to be going on at the minute and with all that is going on, the hand of our owners is going to be truely shown.

DIC are well aware of the position the owners are in, despite the valuations etc, they also realise the value of the club, these next few days, weeks, months will be interesting to see how the Americans try to make it work, its their last chance, and its a risky chance, should they be found to be struggling, the bargaining chips they had with DIC the last time they spoke, face to face, will have disappeared, and DIC will be the ones holding the cards

Are you willing to expand on that? Presumably you have heard something?
"Brothers and sisters, I want to see a sea of hands out there. I want to see a sea of hands. I want to see a little revolution out there. "

Online Tsar Kastik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2008, 02:34:47 pm »
patronising prick

lets not take this thread any further off topic, but if you want to talk about cars, greenhouse gases and the effect on climate change lets start up a new thread, and leave the government propaganda at the door

Dear oh dear, global warming is government propaganda..well they say you learn something new everyday.

Anyway back on topic, which is, 'offer made?'
Bleeding obviously YES, at some time an offer has been made.
Close thread.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2008, 02:35:15 pm »
Presumably you're stating this as an ITK...

Online Tsar Kastik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2008, 02:56:15 pm »
Presumably you're stating this as an ITK...

Me?

Offline 4H_Poker

• Anny Roader
  • Lost - but making good time !
« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2008, 04:05:04 pm »
yanks just like fuckin things up its in their dna.Their national motto should read  oh look at me i'm billy big bollocks its just a shame their average iq is zero.You may say that there is a few smart ones but that is outweighed by the majority who only managed  a minus score.This is not a xenophobic opinion the data is freely available in the new scientist and the Nat.Geographic.The only people to score lower in the tests were moores and parry and they only got one question wrong, who should you sell LFC to dubai or twit&twat

::)
And I always thought it was the Americans who are ignorant, hypocritical, and arrogant.  ::)
I suggest you look in the mirror.
YNWA

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2008, 04:07:46 pm »

Me?

No I meant the comment by the one who is less evil than me...

More info?

Offline 4H_Poker

• Anny Roader
  • Lost - but making good time !
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2008, 04:08:03 pm »
Not much I can add to that except this line from a movie that fits your last couple of replies to a t:

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened(read) to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

let me ask you this ..... how do you get to work ?
How long does it take ?
what does it cost you annually to make the trip ?
YNWA

Offline shankspirit

• Main Stander
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2008, 04:31:21 pm »

I´d like to know a lil more about this please...

What´s going on at this minute?????
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 04:37:28 pm by shankspirit »

Offline LFCLife4Life

• Anny Roader
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2008, 04:31:55 pm »
why the fuck are you lot talkin about global warming and shit!!!

any more info on this owners showing there hand stuff???
PS3 Id : Bowenarrow666, COD Legend

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2008, 05:00:09 pm »
studies have shown that it is in fact hicks and hicks alone that is responsible for global warming this burning of fossil fuel shit is just that shit.The only remedy is to fly his fat ass up in the space shuttle and dump the fucker in space.Save the planet and LFC

oh no news by the way

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2008, 06:02:53 pm »
Dear oh dear, global warming is government propaganda..well they say you learn something new everyday.

I didnt say global warming was government propaganda, the causes, and the spin that has been played out by the government, the media etc is however

Im not going to carry this on, but if you believe everything the government says on this and take it as gospel, fair enough, if you form your own opinion based on the information availiable you might well feel different. and to link global warming so strongly with a car :lmao

why the fuck are you lot talkin about global warming and shit!!!

any more info on this owners showing there hand stuff???

i think some have read too much into this

When discussions were ongoing the owners were in the position that they did not need to sell, they could keep hold of the club, finance the running of it while building a stadium to rival any arround the world.

However now it comes to actually doing that and at this point DIC will be monitoring very closely, it seems all is not as smooth as the yanks would have made out to DIC, then they will be back and make an offer accordingly.

There is no doubt the yanks are on a face saving exercise before their grip on our club is removed, however their actions prior to any sale will affect their profit massively.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 06:11:14 pm by The Lesser of Two Evils »