Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 3161437 times)

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Believer
Thought I'd pop in to share the love with fellow auld arses...feel so happy for all Liverpool fans....but for those of us who witnessed the glory of Bob , Bill , Joe and Kenny...weve had to carry this Burden of dreams for 30 years
..along with the fight for justice....it feels as wonderful as I thought it would.

We can now end this journey and look back with pride...I never thought I'd quote Clive Tyldesley but he nailed it as we celebrated in Istanbul ..

" They never forgot who they are"

Online rob19:6 "And yeah doth the Lord liketh trucking."

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Thought I'd pop in to share the love with fellow auld arses...feel so happy for all Liverpool fans....but for those of us who witnessed the glory of Bob , Bill , Joe and Kenny...weve had to carry this Burden of dreams for 30 years
..along with the fight for justice....it feels as wonderful as I thought it would.

We can now end this journey and look back with pride...I never thought I'd quote Clive Tyldesley but he nailed it as we celebrated in Istanbul ..

" They never forgot who they are"

Sat on the couch with my two kids (12 and 9) and thought of my brothers kids who range from 16 to 28. Finally, they get to experience what we took for granted.

Our kid will have raised a glass or two to his mate Kev and to his Mum Anne. YNWA

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Believer
Sat on the couch with my two kids (12 and 9) and thought of my brothers kids who range from 16 to 28. Finally, they get to experience what we took for granted.

Our kid will have raised a glass or two to his mate Kev and to his Mum Anne. YNWA

Try and track that vid down with Andrew Schofiekd in of the generations of Liverpool fsns

Offline FlashingBlade

• Believer

Online rob19:6 "And yeah doth the Lord liketh trucking."

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
I've got dust in my eye

My son was 15 when we last won it, his son is 15 now. To break ther sequence though I was 14 in my first title winning season.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Re: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread
« Reply #42806 on: August 3, 2020, 10:46:48 PM »
i was actually getting to stage of feeling guilty about living through all the great years from Bill onwards so for me this one is special for the younger generations
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Not a world i want to live in!

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #42807 on: August 4, 2020, 08:59:53 AM »
i was actually getting to stage of feeling guilty about living through all the great years from Bill onwards so for me this one is special for the younger generations

I think our generation forget those years between say 1967 and 1971 when it looked as if our star had fallen. Semi final of the European Cup in 1965, Final of the CEC in 1966 and League title and then no trophies. The seeds of recruitment were there but we still had a few false dawns Alun Evans, Jack Witham, Phil Boersma.

Five years without success in your late teens seemed like decades though!

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Believer
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #42808 on: August 6, 2020, 05:15:20 AM »
Haven't posted overmuch during these stressed-out times but wanted to add my congratulations (far too long overdue I have to say!) to you Liverpool lads and lassies for not just winning the title but for the manner and style in which it was won. JK has done a magnificent job these last 5 years. Love the fella's charisma and enthusiasm. He's inspired decent players to become super-players and not in ones or twos either! Worth his weight in gold. Unlike that Special one sulk-arse Mourinho that we saddled ourselves with for 3 long and tortuous years!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #42809 on: August 6, 2020, 11:58:29 AM »
Haven't posted overmuch during these stressed-out times but wanted to add my congratulations (far too long overdue I have to say!) to you Liverpool lads and lassies for not just winning the title but for the manner and style in which it was won. JK has done a magnificent job these last 5 years. Love the fella's charisma and enthusiasm. He's inspired decent players to become super-players and not in ones or twos either! Worth his weight in gold. Unlike that Special one sulk-arse Mourinho that we saddled ourselves with for 3 long and tortuous years!
Nice one Johnno.

A Man Utd supporting mate was the first to text me with a congrats message when we won it. We then had a chat about how our two clubs seem to always be on opposite trajectories and therefore rarely seem to be on top form at the same time. Maybe that will change next year with your lot looking on the up.

When we thought about it some more, we realised there has only really been two seasons in our lifetimes (we’re both 50) when both clubs have been properly going for the title in the same season (1980 and 2009, although we might’ve forgotten some others) which is amazing when either one or the other has won the league 25 times over the course of those 50 years!

Offline The 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #42810 on: September 3, 2020, 12:14:52 PM »
Just incase any of the infrequent posters missed his sons thread. Sad news that Nick Gulleysucker passed away from a stroke. His humanity and knowledge always brightened the thread up. He’ll be missed from on here. RIP Gulley
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Believer
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

He who expects freedom of speech should allow others to speak .  Me - Now.

He who sees twats really is a twat themselves - Me - Now .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Believer
« Reply #42812 on: September 3, 2020, 12:54:29 PM »
Just incase any of the infrequent posters missed his sons thread. Sad news that Nick Gulleysucker passed away from a stroke. His humanity and knowledge always brightened the thread up. He’ll be missed from on here. RIP Gulley

Sad news.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

He who expects freedom of speech should allow others to speak .  Me - Now.

He who sees twats really is a twat themselves - Me - Now .

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #42814 on: September 16, 2020, 09:10:15 PM »
Not sure if it is my age or just sheer disinterest but i dont seem to log in to Rawk so much these days, so while i am here hope the auld arses are keeping well in these trying times.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Not a world i want to live in!

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • Believer
« Reply #42815 on: September 22, 2020, 10:28:45 PM »
Hi all you storytellers and yarn spinners. As was referenced above these are indeed weird weird times. I really hope you guys are well. I've loved this thread since I joined RAWK. Stay salty, safe and wicked.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Believer
« Reply #42816 on: September 24, 2020, 03:53:56 PM »
Hi all you storytellers and yarn spinners. As was referenced above these are indeed weird weird times. I really hope you guys are well. I've loved this thread since I joined RAWK. Stay salty, safe and wicked.
Hi Dougle it's been a while since FS led us here during those dark times for the club...While others were blaming Rafa and chose to ignore the cancer which was eating away at our club RAWK led the way and fought back. Now look at us Top of the f*cking world. 
 I do miss Gerry though and I worry for him and others of a certain age during these weird and testing times ( like those who frequented this thread ).
But in the age of outrage I think his humour would of ruffled a few feathers to say the least ;)
Anyway hope you and your's are all well.

YNWA

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Believer
« Reply #42817 on: September 24, 2020, 04:33:47 PM »
Just checking in myself to ask a few more auld arses to do the same. These are strange times and it’s nice to know that you lot are staying safe and keeping well. Best wishes to all.
When in Rome...

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Believer
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.

Oh my God!! Missed this very sad news. Rest in Peace Gulley - so sorry to hear and yep, he WILL be missed from here but not half as much as from his family eh?
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994