Author Topic: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread - Over 1000 Pages of Wisdom For Young Uns!  (Read 2891725 times)

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #39640 on: May 24, 2015, 08:10:56 PM »
But the transfer talk will begin...

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • Campaigns
  • Believer
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #39641 on: May 24, 2015, 08:28:29 PM »
But the transfer talk will begin...

Or as JC reputedly said to Mo, "Fuck that for a game of conkers..."

I truly pity whoever are going to be the transfer mods.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  - Sagan
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Aldous Huxley
Law of Logical Argument   Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Believer in the Light Demons of Chunder-Upon-Tits - Corkboy
Very sad man with too much time on your hands - ghost1359

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #39642 on: May 24, 2015, 08:38:15 PM »
Our very own Terry...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YX9TchlGNqc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YX9TchlGNqc</a>

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #39643 on: May 24, 2015, 09:28:02 PM »
Ahh Terry, eh. I miss the aul bastard in here. I speak to him every now and again. I don't think he'll be back. I'd say defo not now. I haven't even peeped out there, but I bet it's on fire. So, I'd best just stay here. I'd only pour petrol on it.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #39644 on: May 24, 2015, 09:31:37 PM »
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Believer
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #39645 on: May 24, 2015, 09:37:14 PM »
I'll bet its nice out there tonight
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Fat Scouser

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #39646 on: May 24, 2015, 10:24:34 PM »
Surprised you're on here, home early, mate

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Believer
« Reply #39647 on: May 24, 2015, 10:47:42 PM »
Been Sound city Friday & Sat, was rough this morning and got the coach time wrong, ended up in The Throstles at 8am, then the bizzies got on and took all the ale off at Stoke was dying with indigestion by the time I got to town, so came home.

Just weighing up tomorra now.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Believer
« Reply #39648 on: May 24, 2015, 11:14:43 PM »
Had a seriously boss day at Sound City yesterday, weather was sound so I woke up with a big red grid this morning.

Anyway went out in the docks on a boat with a couple of bevs, this lad was on. Take a look at the video, was Sound, great experience.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XtcSkRjRaYw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XtcSkRjRaYw</a>

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #39649 on: May 24, 2015, 11:31:33 PM »
Our very own Terry...
That really doesn't do him justice :)  he sang an Elton John song wonderfully in the Beehive which I was desperately trying to enjoy but I had FS wittering in me ear. No exaggeration, it was great. ...... but the witter fucking witter, jeez, I told him to go and write a fucking book .......

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Believer
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #39650 on: May 25, 2015, 12:48:25 AM »
That really doesn't do him justice :)  he sang an Elton John song wonderfully in the Beehive which I was desperately trying to enjoy but I had FS wittering in me ear. No exaggeration, it was great. ...... but the witter fucking witter, jeez, I told him to go and write a fucking book .......
So it's your bloody fault.
Scepticism is the chastity of the intellect.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #39651 on: May 25, 2015, 12:51:57 AM »
So it's your bloody fault.
Probably  ???

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse "Ridiculously cool" -TAW-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice for Neda
« Reply #39652 on: May 25, 2015, 01:39:26 AM »
Dunno what the moaning fuckers are on abar.

I remember a coupla years back we were out of it at fucken Chrimbo.

Wooltonian once said: "Half our fanbase think things can only get better.  The rest live on Cloud Cuckoo Land."

Supporters support.

STFU. :no
Entitlement: the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

Offline Fat Scouser

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #39653 on: May 25, 2015, 10:52:19 AM »

Wait till you see what I'm up to now. And you'll be gettin blamed for that, an all!

Good night that though, eh? I don't remember much after Terry doing he's Elton. Next thing I remember, waking up, caked in Pizza. I must have got one bite out of it, but it was everywhere, the lot, all over me clobber, in me hair, on the pillow and in the bed. Pauline went bonkers, crept out the hotel, mortified, like she'd shit the bed, long journey back that one.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #39654 on: May 25, 2015, 11:37:35 AM »
Wait till you see what I'm up to now. And you'll be gettin blamed for that, an all!

Good night that though, eh? I don't remember much after Terry doing he's Elton. Next thing I remember, waking up, caked in Pizza. I must have got one bite out of it, but it was everywhere, the lot, all over me clobber, in me hair, on the pillow and in the bed. Pauline went bonkers, crept out the hotel, mortified, like she'd shit the bed, long journey back that one.
;D

Offline meady1981

• THESE WERE THE LAST WORDS HE SAID....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • I really could do without all this.
« Reply #39655 on: May 25, 2015, 11:58:44 AM »
I've got a question you arlarses (the sane people on this site) might be able to help with. I went to my first away at Stamford bridge in 91 and for the life of me I remember there being a load of cars parked behind the goal, facing the pitch, in front of of the old shed end (the big semi circle gap). It sticks in my mind as I  thought it was like a drive-in service at the time. I can't find anything online and I'm starting to think I made it up because I was 10?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:04:58 PM by meady1981 »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #39656 on: May 25, 2015, 12:06:15 PM »
It was the old disability cars for disabled supporters, think they were called Invicars or something like that

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #39657 on: May 25, 2015, 12:21:24 PM »
It was the old disability cars for disabled supporters, think they were called Invicars or something like that
That's them, I knew it! - Celtic park isn't it. Imagine watching the game in your car with the heating on and the tunes blaring. Brilliant, cheers.

Offline Fat Scouser

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #39658 on: May 25, 2015, 12:25:07 PM »
Rob beat me to it. But here you go, Meady... http://homepage.ntlworld.com/carousel/BigMatch.html

You might even find the match you was at.

Offline Fat Scouser

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #39659 on: May 25, 2015, 01:10:16 PM »
Aye. Not the most hospitable of places to go to, even now.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Believer
« Reply #39660 on: May 25, 2015, 02:08:42 PM »
You'll actually find some save the bridge things there too, like the collection things they used to have on Blue Peter. Ken Bates, cracking fella, bought it for a nuclear then wanted even else to pay for it, if he wasn't electrocuting them!

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #39661 on: May 25, 2015, 02:41:04 PM »
Rob beat me to it. But here you go, Meady... http://homepage.ntlworld.com/carousel/BigMatch.html

You might even find the match you was at.

Great site that mate

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Believer
« Reply #39662 on: May 25, 2015, 02:58:05 PM »
Looking at that post match thread, it can't be long before someone types out the entire works of William Shakespeare, just by chance, like.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Believer
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #39663 on: May 25, 2015, 03:43:02 PM »
On a lighter note.  Anybody's Mum make them a mashed banana and sugar butty?  Dreamy.

I offer for your delectation and deliberation the delights of a cocoa powder and sugar dip - shook up together in a folded cone (half page of the Manchester Evening News). Eeh bloody lovely treat that!!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Believer
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #39664 on: May 25, 2015, 04:00:19 PM »
I offer for your delectation and deliberation the delights of a cocoa powder and sugar dip - shook up together in a folded cone (half page of the Manchester Evening News). Eeh bloody lovely treat that!!

Sounds mega.   :lickin :lickin :lickin  Was it a wet your finger and dip jobbie.  Used to buy something similar - sherbert dip/sherbet dab?   Used to make your finger go bright yellow.

Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Believer
« Reply #39665 on: May 25, 2015, 04:09:32 PM »
Sounds mega.   :lickin :lickin :lickin  Was it a wet your finger and dip jobbie.  ......

You got it Mags! The sherbet dip ( round our way anyroad,)  came in a yellow twist-sealed tube with a liquorice dabber. Or you could always do-it-yourself and buy a 2 ounce bag (Don't ask you metric-heads!!) of very granular yellow KAY-LIE and a liquorice stick.

Quelle inventivité!!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #39666 on: May 25, 2015, 04:14:16 PM »

Is it just my eyes going or is the goal line curved in that picture? ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Believer
« Reply #39667 on: May 25, 2015, 04:22:11 PM »
Is it just my eyes going or is the goal line curved in that picture? ;D
I think the goal is on a hill. And this was obviously in the days before sports photographers hogged the goal line because I'm sure that's Toulouse Lautrec there.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Believer
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #39668 on: May 25, 2015, 04:24:02 PM »
You got it Mags! The sherbet dip ( round our way anyroad,)  came in a yellow twist-sealed tube with a liquorice dabber. Or you could always do-it-yourself and buy a 2 ounce bag (Don't ask you metric-heads!!) of very granular yellow KAY-LIE and a liquorice stick.

Quelle inventivité!!

KAY-LIE is ringing a bell.  Was there a similar name for something that looked like a twig and you bit bits off it?  Mind you, we were brassic so it could actually have been just a twig.  ;D

And liquorice by the yard that used to turn your tongue black. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro.
  • Believer
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #39669 on: May 25, 2015, 04:37:50 PM »
I think the goal is on a hill. And this was obviously in the days before sports photographers hogged the goal line because I'm sure that's Toulouse Lautrec there.

I think it was quite common {at least in Scotland} to have a slope like that at the goalmouth for drainage.

I remember playing on pitches like that as a kid. Rugby Park also had the disability cars round the edge when it was an oval. My first game at RP was in the early 70s and it was one of those grounds that the fans swapped ends at half-time {when suitable}. A certain Kenny Dalglish scored the goal in a 1-0 victory for Celtic. I looked the match report up online and there was a mention of crowd trouble, which I have no recollection of. I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to the changing of ends though.
"Nobody knows anything..." William Goldman.

XB1 Gamertag: BrothersYork

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Believer
« Reply #39670 on: May 25, 2015, 04:48:34 PM »
I think it was quite common {at least in Scotland} to have a slope like that at the goalmouth for drainage.

I remember playing on pitches like that as a kid. Rugby Park also had the disability cars round the edge when it was an oval. My first game at RP was in the early 70s and it was one of those grounds that the fans swapped ends at half-time {when suitable}. A certain Kenny Dalglish scored the goal in a 1-0 victory for Celtic. I looked the match report up online and there was a mention of crowd trouble, which I have no recollection of. I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to the changing of ends though.
I'm sure we used to do that at Anfield, via the paddock, which was only feasible for reserve matches. On the other hand that could just be false memory syndrome.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Believer
« Reply #39671 on: May 25, 2015, 04:49:43 PM »
KAY-LIE is ringing a bell.  Was there a similar name for something that looked like a twig and you bit bits off it?  Mind you, we were brassic so it could actually have been just a twig.  ;D

You can still buy them twigs. I got some for me lad at that arl fashioned sweet shop in Covent Garden.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Believer
« Reply #39672 on: May 25, 2015, 04:56:01 PM »
Here you go Mags and Doc, used to call it ' sticky lice'

http://www.oldestsweetshop.co.uk/liquorice-root-sticks-spanish

When in Rome...

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Believer
« Reply #39673 on: May 25, 2015, 05:00:57 PM »

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39674 on: May 25, 2015, 05:21:18 PM »

We had a similar slope at Anfield in the goalmouths. In the late sixties, maybe 1970 or so, we played Man U at Anfield. It was the only time I ever saw George Best play a blinder against us. He was usually anonymous. Anyway he scored two goals, one a header from a corner at the Anfield Road end. I don't remember the other one. Roger Hunt pulled one back but late on Best rounded our goalie (almost certainly Tommy Lawrence) in the inside right channel. He was forced a bit wide but confidently rolled it towards the empty net for his hat-trick. I was still in the Paddock in those days and his shot was rolled towards the Kop goal and I was right behind it. I could clearly see that the six-yard box seemed to be raised and, sure enough, the camber in the goalmouth made the ball roll wide of an empty net. It looked like a terrible miss but there was nothing the lad could do about it. I suppose if he'd hit it harder he probably would have scored but it was as slow as a putt in golf

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Believer
« Reply #39675 on: May 25, 2015, 05:27:29 PM »
Yeah they used to build up the ground level in the goalmouths at Anfield at the beginning of the season. By the end of the season Tommy Lawrence had compressed it back to ground level again.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Believer
« Reply #39676 on: May 25, 2015, 05:30:53 PM »

Kay-lie was the tarty sugary dip stuff - the twig you're thinking of was liquorice root! Ah just saw the earlier post showing .  . .. twigs!! ::) ::)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 05:36:57 PM by JohnnoWhite »

Offline Fat Scouser

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #39677 on: May 25, 2015, 06:43:00 PM »
Ken Bates, cracking fella, bought it for a nuclear then wanted even else to pay for it, if he wasn't electrocuting them!
Aye, Not all bad old Ken, frying Chelsea fans.

I think I was at that game. My memories not all it used to be, but I think it ended up 4-1 to Man U, and Best was immense, ran our defence ragged. Tommy Smith tried to kick lumps out of him, but couldn't get near him. If I remember rightly, there's a picture of Best standing over Smith with the ball, telling Smith to get up and have another go.

Sticky lice and Spanish Gold.

Offline Fat Scouser

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #39678 on: May 25, 2015, 06:46:51 PM »
My memories like a sieve lately, can't remember or concentrate on, fuck all. But here's something to make you think... I was 58 today. I was checking and clearing my emails this morning. There was one wishing me a happy birthday, from Go Compare dot com, and one from the Co-Op offering me a cheap deal on a funeral.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #39679 on: May 25, 2015, 07:00:55 PM »
I'm sure that's Toulouse Lautrec there.
:lmao