Author Topic: Now Lets Turn Our Attention To The Yank's  (Read 36231 times)

Offline TONYMAN

• Main Stander
Re: Now Lets Turn Our Attention To The Yank's
« Reply #200 on: May 1, 2008, 10:35:29 pm »
Funny that, i heard the same rumour..
from your mate or his mate

Offline bootroom boy

• Kopite
« Reply #201 on: May 1, 2008, 11:19:01 pm »
For all those who hate the chairmen you need to
Understand that they are trying to help our
Club win the league and
Kick Utd and Chelsea off the top
Of course, they are not popular
For some reason or another
Fans don't like them.
You need to give them a chance
And then we will see.  They
Need our support.
Keep our chins up
Support the owners...  ;)
Are you a utd fan or a bitter?
F#*# off!

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #202 on: May 1, 2008, 11:22:46 pm »
Are you a utd fan or a bitter?
F#*# off!

Read down the first letter of each line!
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline bootroom boy

• Kopite
« Reply #203 on: May 1, 2008, 11:22:53 pm »
yeah... just a couple of years ago, Thaksin Shinawatra was going to buy Liverpool...
out of the frying pan and into the fire...

YANKS OUT!!!
Out of the frying pan into the wok!

Offline bootroom boy

• Kopite
« Reply #204 on: May 1, 2008, 11:25:35 pm »
Read down the first letter of each line!
Apologies!

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: May 1, 2008, 11:36:53 pm »
The Man City fans will be most likely be protesting too (the ridiculous sacking of Sven).

Could be a real "Owners Out!" afternoon.

liverpool fans : Hicks!
City fans: Shinawatra!
together: OUT!

more bollocks:

liverpool fans: Sheik!
city fans: Svennis
together: IN!

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 2, 2008, 12:08:21 am »

We're on the box as well so we have a wide audience too.

in america the epl games rarely show any pre-game, never half time, and finishes 10 secs after whistle. so any protest to be "seen" by the tv audience would have to be "in" game.......
« Last Edit: May 2, 2008, 12:24:27 am by manifest »

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 2, 2008, 01:18:10 am »
About the merchandise boycott:

Sorry if this has been talked about before and also I am not trying to be negative or suggesting we shouldn't do it, just asking a genuine question.

Every business I know makes up for any loss of profit by cutting back on spending or reducing staff. The owners themselves hardly ever get affected by it until the figures are very serious. Are we genuinely hurting Hicks by our lack of spending or are we really just affecting areas of the club that we actually would want to support?

We can't just do nothing and if people think it really does make a difference I will continue to boycott, but after thinking about it, just wondering whether it will it really do any good?
Soph I think you're looking at this in the wrong way. Of course we are not going to be able to actually hurt Hicks (unless one of us twats him) because he hasn't put a penny into the club. Even if every Liverpool fan around the world stopped spending money and Anfield was empty for every game we wouldn't actually hurt Hicks as he has nothing invested to lose. We can hurt his future profits, of course, by taking boycotting action but even that won't really hurt him as once you're that rich, making less profit than forecast from one of your concerns isn't a huge loss.

So the assumption that we can actually affect Hicks in person is misconstrued. What we have to do is carry out actions which affect Hicks's ability to retain his ownership of LFC. If he had bought LFC out lock, stock and barrel, with cash then there'd be very little we could do. But because he has bought with borrowed money and, what's more, because he conducts all of his business with borrowed money then it is possible to get his creditors to pressurise him and to send messages to potential new investors/lendors; and one possible way of doing this would be to reduce the club's revenue from fans via boycotts.

The second issue is that in a situation like this it's not going to be possible for fans to make an impact without doing some things that might hurt the club. It's a shame but there it is. This is a serious situation we are in and anyone who wants Hicks out has to accept that some actions may have to be carried out which, in the short term, might hurt the club or its revenues.

It's that all thing about no gain without some pain.

Offline vader90

• Legacy Fan
  • The eternal optimist - Everything happens for good
« Reply #208 on: May 2, 2008, 11:48:01 am »
The boycott of the merchandise and the stadium has done its bit though.The thing that with the 4th richest club tag,we are down on the revenue generated a bit.(but a good bit nonetheless)
Roll up, roll up for the Liverpool FC circus, in town every fucking week.

Offline liverbird_soph

• Fitter than Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 2, 2008, 02:24:30 pm »
Fair enough coffeehead - you're right, I had looked at some quotes from people on the boycott, lost track of things and begun to think of it in the wrong way. Will definitely continue to boycott. Thanks for your answer, that's all I was looking for, wasn't trying to be negative or suggest it was a bad idea.
Above all else comes truth & justice.

Offline zimmy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #210 on: May 2, 2008, 02:34:39 pm »
come on SOS organise something. it's our last and best chance on Sunday. got to get rid of that fat fuckin greedy twat.
lets let him really know how strongly we feel

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: May 3, 2008, 01:29:20 pm »
Anything going on tomorrow?

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #212 on: May 3, 2008, 01:45:27 pm »
Anything going on tomorrow?

Liverpool vs Manchester City I think ;)

SoS will probably let us know about 20 minutes before the game that theres a protest outside the ground an hour before kick of *whistles*

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #213 on: May 3, 2008, 01:50:57 pm »
Liverpool vs Manchester City I think ;)

SoS will probably let us know about 20 minutes before the game that theres a protest outside the ground an hour before kick of *whistles*

No. If SOS were organising something you would know about it by now.

This is the only forum I have seen saying about any kind of action. People do not have to wait for SOS to give it any kind of approval. Bring banners etc if you want.

This protest organising isn't so easy. Can't have it in the Main Stand, end of the game is out, half time they'll whack the music up. So what do ye suggest?
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline 6TIMES champions OF europe

• Kopite
  • "The one any only, WE'RE LIVERPOOL"
« Reply #214 on: May 3, 2008, 02:09:59 pm »
after the city game? get out of our club!
Liverpool FC

Support     &     Believe

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #215 on: May 3, 2008, 02:25:43 pm »
after the city game? get out of our club!

After the game is usually the players walking round the pitch
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #216 on: May 3, 2008, 02:29:37 pm »
I suggest before the game; a protest march. I suggest people get in the ground an hour early; singing and shouting for Hicks to leave; I suggest banners are displayed all around the ground; and I suggest we try throughout the match as well. 

I also suggest after the players have done the walk around; and get the applause they deserve another protest starts as people leave the ground; people could form a big ring around anfield; each linking arms or holding hands to show we are united; in showing Hicks the door.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 3, 2008, 02:49:55 pm »
I suggest before the game; a protest march. I suggest people get in the ground an hour early; singing and shouting for Hicks to leave; I suggest banners are displayed all around the ground; and I suggest we try throughout the match as well. 

I also suggest after the players have done the walk around; and get the applause they deserve another protest starts as people leave the ground; people could form a big ring around anfield; each linking arms or holding hands to show we are united; in showing Hicks the door.

sounds good, my fears are that everyone seems to believe Dubai will buy into the club before the summers over. If this of course doesn't happen, then for sure everyone will react, by then though, possibly to late.

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #218 on: May 3, 2008, 03:08:30 pm »

sounds good, my fears are that everyone seems to believe Dubai will buy into the club before the summers over. If this of course doesn't happen, then for sure everyone will react, by then though, possibly to late.

Exactly. To many people seem to be under the spell that it will happen; and that we shouldn't worry; I'm just as worried as you mate; this is slowly becoming something that is slipping down the pecking order; as people start talking transfers and acting like we'll be fine. I think we need to turn the heat up on Hicks; and get him out; which means we have to do what we can.

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #219 on: May 3, 2008, 03:09:31 pm »

That's all well and good. But how do you communicate this to people? The internet counts for very few of the match goers. So how do we reach them outside of this?

A protest march isn't so simple as the police will turn up

Throughout the match? I would be surprised. After the reaction it got against Havant and Waterlooville, its been deemed a not again type thing.

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline juggso

• Kemlynite
« Reply #220 on: May 3, 2008, 03:23:09 pm »
Failing to reach Moscow has been a financial blow, but it is also believed that co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are being confronted with a severe problem over funding for the new stadium.

Sources suggest that they have been told by bankers on both sides of the Atlantic, that cash for the new stadium is out of the question in the current climate.

That leaves the Americans facing problems not only with the building start-date but with the re-generation of the Anfield area.

The community venture was a fundamental part of the planning application, and work and funding has to be secured soon.

Any further delay could cause problems over council, government and EU funding.

The local council could soon be pressing the American owners for a start date for the stadium so re-generation work can also commence.

dosent look good for the tumour
i couldve killed them, i couldve killed them all, let it go, let it go, or ill give you a war you wont believe

• Kopite
« Reply #221 on: May 3, 2008, 07:25:28 pm »
After the game is usually the players walking round the pitch
Your right, after that ;)
Liverpool FC

Offline grobb

• Main Stander
« Reply #222 on: May 3, 2008, 11:38:51 pm »
is hicks first refusal sale period ever going to end more to the point has it reall started
and why dont DIC just go ahead and have half the club if they are desperate to own us
one foot in the club is better than having none all the way in dubai
imagine if low-h- life finds a sutible partner who will be prepared to be 2nd fiddle to the low-h- life

Offline LFCLife4Life

• Anny Roader
« Reply #223 on: May 3, 2008, 11:43:08 pm »
is hicks first refusal sale period ever going to end more to the point has it reall started
and why dont DIC just go ahead and have half the club if they are desperate to own us
one foot in the club is better than having none all the way in dubai]

gg cant sell without hicks permission. until this veto runs out on the 27th apparently
PS3 Id : Bowenarrow666, COD Legend

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #224 on: May 3, 2008, 11:43:13 pm »
I think during the match tomorrow would be apt.  Team have got 4th sewn up.  Understand the animosity v Havant etc.  Season wasn't over then.  Now it is.  Sacrafice supporting the team tomorrow to voice opinions on the owners.  Last chance before end of season.  Never mind if it spoils the day for some.

City will also understand given the shenanigans they're involved with.

Give it loads during the match - never mind pre/post game protests.  Some players may even appreciate it as well.

Offline LFCLife4Life

• Anny Roader
« Reply #225 on: May 3, 2008, 11:45:07 pm »
i reckon all the players would join in and rafa and all the stewards and rafas staff. . . . .

we can all dream
PS3 Id : Bowenarrow666, COD Legend

Offline albertared

• Left England in 1990 - probably chased by a mob.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: May 4, 2008, 12:08:09 am »
No. If SOS were organising something you would know about it by now.

This is the only forum I have seen saying about any kind of action. People do not have to wait for SOS to give it any kind of approval. Bring banners etc if you want.

This protest organising isn't so easy. Can't have it in the Main Stand, end of the game is out, half time they'll whack the music up. So what do ye suggest?

sorry to keep repeating myself but....EMPTY SEATS is the only thing that will get SEEN and TALKED ABOUT the whole match...

got to boycott the game and picket the gates....PLEASE!!!
Left England 1990...still on our perch...I think I'd better come back because it's all gone haywire since!

Offline sammy22

• Main Stander
« Reply #227 on: May 4, 2008, 11:02:17 am »

Looks like Hicks has won, again then...

and to those who just "presume" that D.I.C will take over some time over the next few months, well Hick will put pay to that.

He will never sell the club, thats practically a fact at this stage. I expect him to still be here in 50 years, if he's still alive, although where, or what state the club will be by this time I don't know.

He's just too powerful.
Support D.I.C.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #228 on: May 4, 2008, 11:11:32 am »

and to those who just "presume" that D.I.C will take over some time over the next few months, well Hick will put pay to that.

He will never sell the club, thats practically a fact at this stage. I expect him to still be here in 50 years, if he's still alive, although where, or what state the club will be by this time I don't know.

He's just too powerful.

fucking hell mate he's not darth vader or something, he's just some fat yank business man who has bitten of far more than the fat twat can chew.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline zionistzidane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #229 on: May 4, 2008, 11:39:16 am »
Out of the frying pan into the wok!

lol, out of the wok and into the bbq ;)

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #230 on: May 4, 2008, 11:45:06 am »
fucking hell mate he's not darth vader or something

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Fired?? He should be shot! With shit, human shit!

• Kopite
« Reply #231 on: May 4, 2008, 11:45:39 am »
come on SOS organise something. it's our last and best chance on Sunday. got to get rid of that fat fuckin greedy twat.
lets let him really know how strongly we feel
:)

Liverpool FC

Offline Flemish Liverbird

• Main Stander
« Reply #232 on: May 4, 2008, 12:21:06 pm »
Probably too late and maybe "Not Done", though I'm proposing... You think it's an option to make a song for the Americans to get out of the club on the tune of their National Anthem? Think that would hurt, though!
« Last Edit: May 4, 2008, 01:03:29 pm by Flemish Liverbird »

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #233 on: May 4, 2008, 12:32:19 pm »

He's just too powerful.

Ha Ha, Behave yerself

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline carra1892

• Kopite
  • G+H, fucking c*nts
« Reply #234 on: May 4, 2008, 02:00:48 pm »
Don't know if it is already posted, but I saw this.

Keegan blasts “disgraceful” Hicks
May 4, 2008 (1 hour ago)   •   694 views   •   By fiz
Keegan branded Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks “disgraceful” and had no real idea about football. King Kev is absolutely livid at the way the American owners are handling the club.

“They’re a club I love and I think Rick Parry has been treated disgracefully.”

“What so-called businessmen, who are supposed to know about etiquette, are saying publicly in interviews should be said in the boardroom between individuals.”

“What I see – and I have my own opinion – is a guy in Hicks trying to get someone so riled that they’ll buy him out for more money. That’s what I see.

“I might be wrong, but if that’s not the case then why don’t they just get together in a room and work a way through it?”said Keegan.

Keegan continued: “Nobody’s safe – but have they ever been? These things will happen more and more as you get more people with money, who have no real idea about football, running clubs.

http://kop-tv.com/go/keegan-blasts-%e2%80%9cdisgraceful%e2%80%9d-hicks/
Dutch Red Patrick

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #235 on: May 4, 2008, 02:08:41 pm »
That's the first time i've ever heard or seen Keegan show any affection for the club. Nice one Kev :wave
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Suplex

• Kemlynite
Protest against H & G during Liverpool - Vaalerenga in Norway
« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2008, 02:21:37 pm »
I couldn't post a new topic ???, so I just had to write somewhere else...

Hi! I will start to introduce myself. My name is Daniel Kjelstrup and I’m from Norway. Sorry if my English could be misunderstood, but you have to live with it lads. We all know about Tom Hicks’ and George Gillett’s lack of competence and credibility, so I won’t use time to explain why we also dislike them here in Norway.

In connection with Liverpool FC’s pre-season match against the Norwegian team Vaalerenga in Oslo 5th august, we want to hold a protest against Hicks and Gillett. We want to show Europe that H & G not are wanted in the club anymore, not only by local fans in Liverpool, but also by fans in Norway. We have already discussed a lot about the protest. We have decided to use ten minutes in the start of the match to the protest. This is because we want to reach Medias in England with our message trough Television. We will sing songs and show banners against them. The interest round the match has been huge. The ticket sale started yesterday (20th June) only for Liverpool fans. And over 12000 tickets got sold out in just a couple of hours! The stadium fits about 25000 spectators. And the rest of the tickets will be sold on Tuesday (24th June). So, if you disregard the Vaalerenga fans, it can be up to 20000 Liverpool fans. So, the possibility is absolutely there.

I’m writing about this here in hope to get some experience from you guys who have done this before.

We will be very thankful if you can share your thoughts about these things:
-How we should deliver our message.
-Witch songs we should sing.
-What we should write on our banners.
-Should we contact media?

If there is something else we should care about, please come with it.

Thanks lads!

Best Regards.

Daniel Kjelstrup.

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2008, 02:39:16 pm »
I couldn't post a new topic ???, so I just had to write somewhere else...

Hi! I will start to introduce myself. My name is Daniel Kjelstrup and I’m from Norway. Sorry if my English could be misunderstood, but you have to live with it lads. We all know about Tom Hicks’ and George Gillett’s lack of competence and credibility, so I won’t use time to explain why we also dislike them here in Norway.

In connection with Liverpool FC’s pre-season match against the Norwegian team Vaalerenga in Oslo 5th august, we want to hold a protest against Hicks and Gillett. We want to show Europe that H & G not are wanted in the club anymore, not only by local fans in Liverpool, but also by fans in Norway. We have already discussed a lot about the protest. We have decided to use ten minutes in the start of the match to the protest. This is because we want to reach Medias in England with our message trough Television. We will sing songs and show banners against them. The interest round the match has been huge. The ticket sale started yesterday (20th June) only for Liverpool fans. And over 12000 tickets got sold out in just a couple of hours! The stadium fits about 25000 spectators. And the rest of the tickets will be sold on Tuesday (24th June). So, if you disregard the Vaalerenga fans, it can be up to 20000 Liverpool fans. So, the possibility is absolutely there.

I’m writing about this here in hope to get some experience from you guys who have done this before.

We will be very thankful if you can share your thoughts about these things:
-How we should deliver our message.
-Witch songs we should sing.
-What we should write on our banners.
-Should we contact media?

If there is something else we should care about, please come with it.

Thanks lads!

Best Regards.

Daniel Kjelstrup.

I wonder if you should get in touch with SOS (Spirit of Shankly) www.sonsofshankly.com. They might give you some ideas.

Well Done Daniel. I'm sure many of us will be in contact soon. :thumbup

YNWA
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Suplex

• Kemlynite
« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2008, 03:09:44 pm »
ye, I've tried to contact them. But there is no where to put a message to them on the website...
Maybe someone can give me an e-mail address to one of the guys in SOS?

How do i make a new topic instead of writing in an old one?

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: June 21, 2008, 03:19:34 pm »
Harry, can you rouse one of the mods to alert them to this lad's problem? Or let me know how to do it.

Well done Daniel and good luck.
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God