Author Topic: The Daily Mirror: Errr... No.  (Read 12060 times)

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
Re: The Daily Mirror: Errr... No.
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2008, 10:43:01 am »
Groundsharing is very sensible, and should happen. Only thing is, there are at least half a dozen cities in the country where it makes more sense than in Liverpool.

Why is it that everyone with an opinion outside of the City thinks ground sharing is a good idea, yet only for Liverpool and Everton?

Liverpool and Everton are the most successful and 4th most successful clubs in this country. We are massive and they are big. If any City should have two grounds for its two clubs it's Liverpool.

Yet you never hear any suggestion of Villa and Birmingham sharing, Forest and County, Spurs and Arsenal,  Newcastle and Sunderland or City and United. Even the 'Bristols' are above it, seemingly needing a home each, yet every man and his dog seems to think it is right for Liverpool.

We have more reason not to share than all except, perhaps, the Manchester clubs. We have different needs and wants for our grounds - Everton need a 50k-ish stadium at most. We need a 65k stadium at least. We demand that the most illustrious history in English football is honoured, with a Kop, Shankly/Paisley memorial gates, perhaps in time staues of the likes of Dalglish. They would, quite rightly, countenance no such thing. Even a Hillsborough memorial might seem a little out of place in a council run shared ground.

The comparisons with the Italians is disingenuous - the Roman teams are nothing like as big as Liverpool and, although Milan are in our ball park, I doubt very much whether they would not prefer to have their own ground.

We are, depending on how you look at it, either the biggest or second biggest club in the country. Everton are certainly in the biggest 6 or 8. If, as everyone seems to agree, groundsharing might be an experiment worth undertaking in English football, why on earth should it be us who undertake it?
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2008, 11:09:28 am »
Leave Purple Acky out of this serious discussion!!!

we're going to have that as the color of our new kits if this groundshare nonsense is pursued:
::)
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline Camina Camina

• Legacy Fan
  • Venga Chico's
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2008, 11:19:43 am »
"this man has no fucking clue what he's talking about..."

Which is why his writing for a national newspaper, the mind boggles, do you reckon they weed out anyone with brain in special training courses
Borussia Park, Sud Tribune, Block 4 Rechts, Reihe 24, Platz 9

Tor in Gladbach!

Offline Camina Camina

• Legacy Fan
  • Venga Chico's
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2008, 11:28:06 am »
Groundsharing is very sensible, and should happen. Only thing is, there are at least half a dozen cities in the country where it makes more sense than in Liverpool.

Why is it that everyone with an opinion outside of the City thinks ground sharing is a good idea, yet only for Liverpool and Everton?

Liverpool and Everton are the most successful and 4th most successful clubs in this country. We are massive and they are big. If any City should have two grounds for its two clubs it's Liverpool.

Yet you never hear any suggestion of Villa and Birmingham sharing, Forest and County, Spurs and Arsenal,  Newcastle and Sunderland or City and United. Even the 'Bristols' are above it, seemingly needing a home each, yet every man and his dog seems to think it is right for Liverpool.

We have more reason not to share than all except, perhaps, the Manchester clubs. We have different needs and wants for our grounds - Everton need a 50k-ish stadium at most. We need a 65k stadium at least. We demand that the most illustrious history in English football is honoured, with a Kop, Shankly/Paisley memorial gates, perhaps in time staues of the likes of Dalglish. They would, quite rightly, countenance no such thing. Even a Hillsborough memorial might seem a little out of place in a council run shared ground.

The comparisons with the Italians is disingenuous - the Roman teams are nothing like as big as Liverpool and, although Milan are in our ball park, I doubt very much whether they would not prefer to have their own ground.

We are, depending on how you look at it, either the biggest or second biggest club in the country. Everton are certainly in the biggest 6 or 8. If, as everyone seems to agree, groundsharing might be an experiment worth undertaking in English football, why on earth should it be us who undertake it?

:wellin

Milan fans are not happy about the stadium being named after an Inter legend, hence why they always call it the San Siro, rather than the Guiseppe Meazza
Borussia Park, Sud Tribune, Block 4 Rechts, Reihe 24, Platz 9

Tor in Gladbach!

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2008, 01:31:35 pm »
It makes perfect financial sense if you can halve the costs for both clubs. Biggest concern I have for LFC is the debt we are going to be saddled with after building the new stadium. I am not arsed one bit about sharing a stadium with the bluenoses. As long as they can cough up the money then I would be happy. In the end we only ever inhabit the same stadium space on two games a season so its not like you would sit next to them each week.

I'd rather see us bankrupt and playing in the West Cheshire League than ground sharing with them.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2008, 01:44:04 pm »
This is about the fans and as a fan i couldn't think of anything worse.  Add to that the pitches in the grounds mentioned usually look like shite and I think it gives me even more reason to say FUCK OFF to the idea.

Offline kingjari

• But you can call me Off the Pitch. Or donut.
  • Legacy Fan
  • It is our RIGHT, our DUTY to throw off such owners
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2008, 08:07:51 pm »
:wellin

Milan fans are not happy about the stadium being named after an Inter legend, hence why they always call it the San Siro, rather than the Giuseppe Meazza

Err didn't Giuseppe Meazza play for Inter and Milan though ??   Anyway a ground share with Everton was and always will be a bad, bad idea. We have separate needs, simple as. 
Who is this fuckin no mark Alan Nixon anyway ? the Twat.
   The septics need to get a move on sharpish with this stadium to be honest. I worry the bluenose councillors on Liverpool city council will get much more awkward and push a groundshare idea so to keep Everton in the city, if the yanks piss around any longer or if DIC came in and they changed the plans yet again.

Also I completely agree with those that have expressed concern, that if we shared a ground with Everton, then the high number of games and the blueshites agrarian style of football would result in a potato field of a playing surface. Fuck that !
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 08:12:30 pm by kingjari »
SIR Bill Shankly:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Con el Socio, todo ; sin el socio, nada

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html-  join online

Offline Gem

• Main Stander
  • The King Returns
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2008, 10:18:12 pm »
Groundshare?
FUCK OFF

'For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball'

Offline baboons

• I lurk, therefore, I am
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Kiss my big red baboon ass.
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2008, 02:33:57 pm »
Another great piece of journalism from this trusted member of the journalistic community:

http://www.acrobat-services.co.uk/media-j2.pdf

Alan Nixon – who regularly
contributes to the Daily Mirror and
the Sunday People – has 20,000
shares in ProActive Management,
the football agency run by his pal
Paul Stretford.
In the last year alone, Nixon has
given the company eight “plugs”
across Fleet Street. These included
exclusive revelations on the firm’s
contract to act for teenage soccer
sensation Wayne Rooney.

(January 2003)
You don't need pants for the victory dance

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2008, 05:44:57 pm »
I'd rather see us bankrupt and playing in the West Cheshire League than ground sharing with them.

Same. At least I would still have the club, and pride in my club. I hate everton and everything they stand for as a club, it goes beyond a team of 11 players in blue. I can honestly say I would not support Liverpool any longer if we were associated with Everton. in any way.

Offline duggs74

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • greatness is a journey not a destination! YNWA
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2008, 07:08:11 pm »
why would we ground share with a jumped up 2nd division team
thats what we call history!!