Poll

Well...

Great Ref
Good Ref
Ok Ref
Shite
Total Shite
Inbred wankstain that would be lucky to get a job in fucking Tescos

Author Topic: Ref Watch !  (Read 11588 times)

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
Re: Ref Watch !
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2008, 10:35:11 pm »
Scholes @ Wigan incident.

"Thanks again Mr Bennett, your bottle of Beefeater is ready for pickup."

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2008, 11:44:34 pm »
Scholes @ Wigan incident.

"Thanks again Mr Bennett, your bottle of Beefeater is ready for pickup."

Fuck me he's cheap, can't we sign him
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2008, 04:29:55 am »

Fuck me he's cheap, can't we sign him

He's under contract to United.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2020, 09:35:20 am »
https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/0263-10d5b1e103a4-b6224a3ebb1b-1000--man-in-the-middle-uefa-announces-documentary-on-champions-leagu/

Man In The Middle

UEFA will deliver an unprecedented insight into one of the toughest jobs in football with next week’s release of an original documentary series showing up close and personal what it takes to be a UEFA Champions League referee.

‘Man in the Middle’, a weekly four-part series due to premiere on UEFA.tv on 16 November, tracks the professional and private lives of 16 match officials from 11 countries over an 18-month period (February 2019 to August 2020). Each is among an elite group of referees selected by UEFA to officiate at matches in Europe’s premier club competition.

"This is a very important documentary for UEFA and our family of referees," said UEFA’s chief of refereeing, Roberto Rosetti, on Thursday.

"It highlights the professionalism, motivation and dedication of some of Europe’s best officials, as well as showing the human beings behind the figures seen by players and supporters on the pitch."

Thanks to its unprecedented access, the documentary reveals the hidden sides of refereeing – from candid footage of on-field exchanges with players to personal interviews about the pressures of balancing a high-profile job with family commitments.

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2020, 09:38:12 am »
https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/0263-10d5b1e103a4-b6224a3ebb1b-1000--man-in-the-middle-uefa-announces-documentary-on-champions-leagu/

Man In The Middle

Could be interesting but the fact that refs are minor celebrities in their own right is part of the problem I think, especially in the Premier league

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2020, 10:06:35 am »
Spot on, VAR has put them bang in the middle of the drama and centre of attention and they are loving it. Its not possible now to not notice who the ref is and it was in the past, the old saying the best refs are the ones you don't notice has long gone.
They know the rules but not the game, hence bookings for stupid things whilst missing the important stuff and intentional/sly bad tackles. Still think they should have retired ex-players as refs, an ex-player would get more respect from fellow pros and I'm sure would do a far, far better job. The whole area is run by ex-refs and turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2020, 11:04:13 am »
Could be interesting but the fact that refs are minor celebrities in their own right is part of the problem I think, especially in the Premier league

No worries, the programme will feature only the Premier League's finest - Michael Oliver and Anthony Taylor. :)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2020, 11:13:51 am »
Spot on, VAR has put them bang in the middle of the drama and centre of attention and they are loving it. Its not possible now to not notice who the ref is and it was in the past, the old saying the best refs are the ones you don't notice has long gone.
They know the rules but not the game, hence bookings for stupid things whilst missing the important stuff and intentional/sly bad tackles. Still think they should have retired ex-players as refs, an ex-player would get more respect from fellow pros and I'm sure would do a far, far better job. The whole area is run by ex-refs and turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

Why would an ex-player referee a game when he knows he'll be called a c*nt multiple times every weekend when they've already earnt enough for a quiet life?

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2020, 11:41:08 am »
Yes, like I was talking about millionaire ex-players, the vast majority of professionals spend their career in the lower divisions it was them I was talking about, the PL is a small percentage of pros.

Some of them ex-pros would kill for £100K minimum a year and you honestly think (mostly) working class ex-pros would be arsed getting swore at ?

One of the issues mentioned years ago was they wanted them to start at the very bottom and few ex-pros would do that, according to the powers that be. If there was the will it could be done.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2020, 10:36:00 pm »
Time to start a petition to get David Coote relegated to League 1, surely.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2020, 10:41:02 pm »
He'll be rewarded with another big game next weekend. There is zero accountability in this league for refs and god forbid any player or manager should criticize them

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2020, 10:43:38 pm »

You're gonna send a petition to his employers yes? The group of people who have clearly demonstrated they haven't a fucking clue what's going on care one jot about it?

Good luck with that.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2020, 10:44:20 pm »

hey hey hey
leave league 1 alone
what do you have against league 1?
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2020, 10:44:23 pm »
He'll be rewarded with another big game next weekend. There is zero accountability in this league for refs and god forbid any player or manager should criticize them
We could still try. If enough people start making noise about it in public they can't avoid at least looking into his catalogue of crimes.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2020, 11:45:30 pm »
Signed
Donated
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2020, 04:29:43 pm »
How is David Coote a premier league ref? Honestly I think he could be the worst ref I've ever seen.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2020, 04:38:51 pm »
He's not just a Premier League ref he's one of the leagues FIFA refs

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2020, 04:40:35 pm »
Pretty small time, no? Trying to get a man sacked...

He’s incompetent yes, but there is a wider need for change which  needs to be driven towards his employers and the governing bodies  rather than the man himself.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2020, 04:43:32 pm »

He’s incompetent yes, but there is a wider need for change which  needs to be driven towards his employers and the governing bodies  rather than the man himself.

Agreed, but if you do somehow manage to get his employers to improve the refereeing standards, he'll still end up getting sacked. ;)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2020, 04:53:52 pm »
Agreed, but if you do somehow manage to get his employers to improve the refereeing standards, he'll still end up getting sacked. ;)

Yeah that’s what I’m trying to say.. Same result, just a nicer way to go about it. And will also avoid him just being replaced by someone as bad.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2020, 04:55:17 pm »
Yeah that’s what I’m trying to say.. Same result, just a nicer way to go about it. And will also avoid him just being replaced by someone as bad.

Chances of either happening? 0%

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2020, 11:18:00 pm »

He’s shown a clear anti Liverpool agenda 3 times absolutely ridiculous decisions

Then the foul on Origi for Uniteds goal was slightly under that tier

But the 3 in question are too much to not be investigated. Tin foil hat me all you want there’s an issue with him. Wether he took offence at Robbo calling him out the first time I don’t know.

But he needs to be kept away from our games and this will at least put a shine on it all. He already got dropped for one of our games. Long may that continue

Don’t for a minute Think it’ll get him sacked

They’re untouchable.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:19:47 pm by rushyman »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2020, 01:51:14 am »
Are people really donating money to a petition to get a referee sacked?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 01:58:22 am by Liv4-3lee »

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2020, 02:31:47 am »
Pure embarrassment this. Our fans used to be better than this.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2020, 02:52:04 am »
Not gonna apologise for the fact I want to see this buffoon demoted to a lower league or sacked. He's screwed us over far too many times for it to be just incompetence. It's bad enough looks like a lizard, to be such a wayward tool on top of that is unforgiveable. Yes, him being a FIFA ref complicates matters, but Infantino's FIFA is a cesspit of corruption that people need to make as much noise about anyway.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2020, 07:56:54 am »
I haven't signed it because I can't be arsed but if you read the comments there's a lot of other clubs fans who have signed it. Seems Mr Coote has pissed off more than just the Republic of Liverpool.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2020, 11:09:09 am »
I wouldn't sign it either, but I would like to see the clubs getting together and telling PGMOL that enough is enough.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2020, 01:33:06 pm »

There are 13000 signatures. About a quarter of the members registered on RAWK. Not all from Liverpool fans. Hardly representative of our fanbase is it?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2020, 02:59:16 pm »
There are 13000 signatures. About a quarter of the members registered on RAWK. Not all from Liverpool fans. Hardly representative of our fanbase is it?

Are you about to fall out with rushyman now? ;D

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2020, 03:01:13 pm »
Not signed, absolutely ridiculous. He's just poor at his job but sacking? Bit harsh. Retraining maybe but sacking and donating makes me laugh.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2020, 03:24:41 pm »
Coote relegated to 4th official duty this weekend with Oliver the man in the middle.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2020, 03:26:11 pm »
Coote relegated to 4th official duty this weekend with Oliver the man in the middle.

For "operational reasons", surely. :)

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2020, 03:33:51 pm »

That'll learn him!

HA! Take that, 4th official, bet he feels stupid now doesn't he.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2020, 05:28:07 pm »
Nah, not signing that. Its all a bit ABDFC stylee.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2020, 05:36:26 pm »
Coote has proven that he is neither a top level referee, or a capable VAR assistant referee, he's just so incompetent it's untrue, he'll cost a club millions this year at either the top or bottom of the league this season, either through sheer incompetence or wilful negligence.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 8, 2021, 05:42:20 pm »
Referee Mike Dean reports death threats to police and asks for weekend off.

Dean and his family received death threats on social media
Referees’ chief Mike Riley condemns ‘abhorrent messages’.

Mike Dean has stood down from officiating at a Premier League game this weekend after he and his family received death threats on social media.

Dean, 52, had been involved in two controversial incidents and the threats have been reported to the police.

The referee showed a red card to the West Ham midfielder Tomas Soucek for catching Aleksandar Mitrovic with his elbow late on during Saturday’s goalless draw at Fulham and sent off Southampton defender Jan Bednarek in the 9-0 defeat at Manchester United.

Both of the decisions – which followed Dean reviewing each incident on the pitchside monitor after consulting VAR – have since been overturned on appeal. The death threats are understood to have been received over the weekend.

Dean will be in charge of the FA Cup fifth-round tie between Leicester and Brighton on Wednesday night, but asked not to be involved in a Premier League match at the weekend.

The PGMOL’s managing director, Mike Riley, offered the organisation’s full support to Dean and condemned the abuse.

“Threats and abuse of this nature are totally unacceptable and we fully support Mike’s decision to report these messages his family received to the police,” Riley said. “Nobody should be victim of abhorrent messages like this.
“Online abuse is unacceptable in any walk of life and more needs to be done to tackle the problem.”

West Ham’s manager, David Moyes, said the red card shown to Soucek was “an embarrassing decision”.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/08/referee-mike-dean-reports-death-threats-to-police-and-asks-for-weekend-off
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2021, 02:24:34 pm »
Abysmal performance yet again from the officials.
Kabak given a yellow for something that isn't a foul, which then gives Leicester a game plan to target him.
Couldn't see how anything but an offside could be given for the first goal and it looked a clear foul on Mané for the built up to the second.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2021, 10:59:33 pm »

'A Damning Indictment of English Referees Regarding Foreign Players':-

https://tomkinstimes.com/2021/03/a-damning-indictment-of-english-referees-regarding-foreign-players
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2021, 11:37:54 pm »
'A Damning Indictment of English Referees Regarding Foreign Players':-

https://tomkinstimes.com/2021/03/a-damning-indictment-of-english-referees-regarding-foreign-players
I'm not sure why Tomkins says Anthony Taylor treats us kindly(he said this in a previous article as well) as that appears counter intuitive.
If it's in terms of penalties then maybe the stats bear it out but the eye test when watching our games refereed by Taylor shows more soft free kicks given against us and harsh yellow cards given against us with the opposite to our opponents(you don't have to give major decisions against a team to influence a game).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 11:44:04 pm by free_at_last »