Author Topic: Sky Sports under fire for "anti Liverpool FC bias"  (Read 6756 times)

Offline FM King

• Windows Messenger? Never heard of it.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
Re: Sky Sports under fire for "anti Liverpool FC bias"
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2008, 02:34:41 pm »
I FUCKING HATE ANDY GRAY. :no

HE IS A c*nt.  :wanker

He can legally sue you for that comment

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2008, 02:35:03 pm »
WHATS WRONG WITH ME EH? YOU CANNAE EXPECT ME TO PRAISE YOU ALL CANYA?

YOU BLOODY BUNCH O'JESSIES!

OCH.  :no
;D

Offline kopulater

• Kemlynite
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2008, 02:35:07 pm »
Dont let these jerks get to you-its been going on years.The BBC used to have a guy called Kenneth Wolstenholme who hated our guts.He was always given a special welcome when he came to Anfield cos he only had eyes for Man.Utd and Spurs. If Gray was ever that great as a player he would have played for us methinks. In fact,that might be his problem.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2008, 02:35:42 pm »

It's a bit small-time to be honest.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline philyburkhill

• Kopite
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2008, 02:37:45 pm »
fuckin hell get a grip

we dont half have some crying arse fans sometimes

we should enjoy pissing the bitter twat off! enjoy the bluenose c*nt squirming in his chair as we go on to win the european cup (again!)

as someone said above, cringeworthy

Andy Gray ruins the enjoyment of watching the matches he commentates for us. He is a c*nt.
Viva La Rafalution!

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2008, 02:39:39 pm »
If people don't boycott sky coz of who runs it, but will coz of who commentates on games, you seriously need to get your priorities in order.
Bingo !

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2008, 02:39:47 pm »
It's funny because if there was anything to complain about, it would the unfair comment and continued anti LFC agenda sputed by it's pundits.

I don't give a fuck what Gray says. We shouldn't expect anything else from that bitter blue gobsheite. However I expect some more respect from the likes of Keys and the like who are meant to be impartial, but seem to push some bizarre agenda against us.
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2008, 02:40:08 pm »

Ignore the bitter c*nt. Nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing him squirm when we are doing well. I surprised sky haven't removed him yet purely because its an embarrassment to them.

Keep him I say it makes victory that bit sweeter watching him clutching at straws.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2008, 02:40:20 pm »
What pisses me off more than the whiny little pricks who complain about gray, is the whiny little pricks that are constantly worrying about how others perceive us. Every time a liverpool fan opens his mouth some gobshite is there to tell him to shut up as he gets stick of all his london friends about the self pity city

Offline tezmac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2008, 02:41:26 pm »
GET A LIFE
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2008, 02:41:54 pm »
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson would love this. Can't believe how pathetic some of our fans are sometimes.
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2008, 02:42:01 pm »
The above article will only back up peoples beliefs about Scousers being professional self pitying moaners.

If you don't think people stick the boot in with that nonsensical little narrative readied in their back pocket should the scousers have the audacity to be offended or do anything about it, you're sadly mistaken.

Twat - "All Scousers are thieves and dole scum."
Our Joey - "arrrrrr ey now, like, dat's arrrt 'a line dat like, lid."
Twat - "SELF PITYING LITTLE FUCKER."

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 02:47:25 pm by Acaustiq »
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline litmanen37

• Legacy Fan
  • '77 '78 '81 '84 '05
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2008, 02:44:37 pm »
Andy Gray ruins the enjoyment of watching the matches he commentates for us. He is a c*nt.

either grow up or turn the volume down
Re: You have to take your hat off to Arsene Wenger...
The only way id take my hat off to him, is if i was odd job, then id throw it at the c*nt!

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2008, 02:44:47 pm »
Anyone else see this?

"Sky's the limit when it comes to rotating the knife into Benitez"
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/skys-the-limit-when-it-comes-to-rotating-the-knife-into-benitez-1318987.html

An article basically called Sky sports on all their "if only Torres had played more Premier League games" lies and crap. It's a good read.

(Thread on it here too:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=214943.0)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 02:47:11 pm by Uhoh AureliOs »

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2008, 02:44:48 pm »
He can legally sue you for that comment
Wouldn't he have to have proof that he wasn't a c*nt?

Anyway, I think this whole threatening a boycott thing is completely pointless. There are far better targets to direct our anger at than some bitter like Gray.

Anyway, if every single commentator who was biased towards/against some team or the other was stopped from commentating, then no one would be allowed to commentate.
 If you don't like it, don't listen.

Offline friendlyswift

• Anny Roader
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2008, 02:47:48 pm »
Threatening to Boycott Sky unless Gray is removed?  An absolute fucking embarrassment if that is true.  People wanna get over it.

At the start of the season someone posted a long, self-righteous piece of nonsense about how made up he was that Setanta would start covering PL games and hence he could watch matches on the telly, as he had boycotted Sky for 18 years. I thought that was absolutely pathetic. Certainly, as Conde mentioned above, boycotting anything touched by Murdoch is fair enough, but I thought that that self-congratulatory article was cringe worthy.
u been on the glue lad? 20 league goals in your first season as well as being injured for a few games obviously isnt good enough for you. you may as well sit in the stretford end sunday..........

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2008, 02:47:49 pm »
I wish pundits would check their facts rather than, sheep-like, just follow one-anothers lead and spout the same crap. eg.

[1] Rafa rotates more than a 1600 speed drill.
[2] Torres is seen less often than Halieys comet.
[3] Mascherano isn't worth £18M.
[4] Torres isn't a goal-scorer (only recently dropped).
[5] Rafa has spent too much money to not win the league / If he doesn't win the league after buying Torres he is to be sacked.
[6] Rafa can not / will not win the league.
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2008, 02:49:02 pm »
I don't care about Andy Gray personally.

It makes me laugh when we win and you can hear how gutted he is by his tone - makes the win even better.
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline otottottffn

• Main Stander
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2008, 02:49:24 pm »
I don't like Andy Gray, but surely this is all just taking pettiness to extremes by organsing some sort of campaign against him.  Whilst you have to suspect there will be an element of anti-Liverpool, for obvious bitter reasons, he didn't sound too down when Gerrard scored against Olympiakos did he (at least I assume that was him on the clips I've heard).

If you want to campaign against Sky, there's better reasons than Gray - like Murdoch for example???
Rush scored one, Rush scored two, Rush scored three and Rush scored four.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2008, 02:49:48 pm »
Some people are gonna boycott Sky Sports over something like this?  ::) ::)

Offline redman1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Biggedy biggedy bong so it is
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2008, 02:50:39 pm »
I think the biggest problem with the whole media these days is they concentrate more on getting opinions across, than actually reporting what is happening on the field of play. You only have to look at the newspapers, where every chief sports writer has their own column where they can bitch about one thing or another. Now these fuckers even have their own show on a sunday , now whats that all about.  Commentators and their sidekicks are there to report the game as it happens, not put across their own views and then mis-represent facts .
 They are full of their own self importance. Like someone says above there should be an option for crowd noise only
The greatest night of my life so far

25/05/2005 Attaturk Stadium, Istanbul

North Tribune    Block 306   Row 13   Seat  343

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2008, 02:54:10 pm »
If you don't think people stick the boot in with that nonsensical little narrative readied in their back pocket should the scousers have the audacity to be offended or do anything about it, you're sadly mistaken.

Twat - "All Scousers are thieves and dole scum."
Our Joey - "arrrrrr ey now, like, dat's arrrt 'a line dat like, lid."
Twat - "SELF PITYING LITTLE FUCKER."

Look, when its justified I'll argue with any c*nt when it comes to defending our city and our club, but if you are seen to be moaning every week about something else , especially something as trivial as Andy Gray, how do you expect to change peoples perception of us as a region and a people?

The fact of the matter is that Andy Gray just isn't worth it.
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2008, 02:55:31 pm »
[Winge]Andy Gray had an opinion and I disagreed with it.  He must be removed from Sky as a result because it is clear he's biased.  He's a blue, therefore he must hate us and I have nothing better to do so I might as well be a c*nt.[/Winge]

Replace [Winge] with [Cringe].

I love thick, irrational supporters adding to our soap opera off the field troubles this season.  Hey if you can't beat Hicks and Gillett join them.

Now why don't we have a protest at Anfield aginst Gray?

We can have an agenda for the proests:

2pm - Protest against Hicks and Gillett
2.10pm - Protest against Parry
2.20pm - Protest for or against Benitez (depending on whether we are winning or not, obviously)
2.30pm - Protest against Gray
2.40pm - Any other Protests that we can winge or moan about.
3pm - Sigh, boo and drain the confidence out of Kuyt, Pennant and any other player who doesn't appear to be playing well.

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2008, 02:59:25 pm »
Look, when its justified I'll argue with any c*nt when it comes to defending our city and our club, but if you are seen to be moaning every week about something else , especially something as trivial as Andy Gray, how do you expect to change peoples perception of us as a region and a people?

The fact of the matter is that Andy Gray just isn't worth it.
Its their perception thats wrong tho, why should I tailor my life to suit some gobshite who follows the mob mentality. Btw we are no more self pitying than any other city. Do you think if Gray would of acted like that during a manc game there would be no moaning? Of course there would.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2008, 03:00:59 pm »
I'm too busy watching the game rather than worrying about Gray.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2008, 03:04:10 pm »
Its their perception thats wrong tho, why should I tailor my life to suit some gobshite who follows the mob mentality. Btw we are no more self pitying than any other city. Do you think if Gray would've acted like that during a manc game there would be no moaning? Of course there would.

Of course he wouldn't have acted like that, he's a prick, that is not in doubt.

But is he really worth the effort?

And sadly, if the city is to evolve as it should have done years ago, and if finally signs of doing now, we need to be aware of other peoples perceptions of us, and challenge thier beliefs.

Scouse solidarity is something of which I am extremely proud of, but we need to pick our fights more wisely.

As I said, there are much bigger issues for people to be concentrating thier energy on than that bitter, bald, fucking ball bag
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2008, 03:05:31 pm »
If we are speaking of bias from Gray does this mean we also have to get rid of Keys, Merson etc? There is, and always has been, bias, on some level.

Whilst it is irritating to watch and listen to I am thinking that after 18 years of service to them, Sky are going to be loyal to their employee.
Blank.

Offline crealism

• Anny Roader
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2008, 03:06:23 pm »
Bah..I don't really care. There are commentators like him ALL AROUND the world...so...just switch if you guys don't like it.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2008, 03:07:34 pm »
[Winge]Andy Gray had an opinion and I disagreed with it.  He must be removed from Sky as a result because it is clear he's biased.  He's a blue, therefore he must hate us and I have nothing better to do so I might as well be a c*nt.[/Winge]

Replace [Winge] with [Cringe].

I love thick, irrational supporters adding to our soap opera off the field troubles this season.  Hey if you can't beat Hicks and Gillett join them.

Now why don't we have a protest at Anfield aginst Gray?

We can have an agenda for the proests:

2pm - Protest against Hicks and Gillett
2.10pm - Protest against Parry
2.20pm - Protest for or against Benitez (depending on whether we are winning or not, obviously)
2.30pm - Protest against Gray
2.40pm - Any other Protests that we can winge or moan about.
3pm - Sigh, boo and drain the confidence out of Kuyt, Pennant and any other player who doesn't appear to be playing well.

Leaving it a bit late there. Ideally, we should begin slagging them off as soon as the teams are announced.

I think there also needs to be a protest against this whole stewards not allowing people to stand at matches. I think we should have a sit in, that'd really confused the buggers.

Offline double helix

• Anny Roader
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2008, 03:08:59 pm »
I'm too busy watching the game rather than worrying about Gray.

This is the problem. indifference/apathy is the reason why pricks like Gray,Keys,Redknap,Peter Reid etc. etc... continue to peddle blatant anti-liverpool  bollocks for so many years.

I am sick and fed up of it. I have written a mail complaining about this. keeping quiet and ignoring this ain't stopping the c*nt. we have to make it known to his employers that the company's customers don't like his anti Liverpool bollocks. period.

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2008, 03:12:18 pm »
Of course he wouldn't have acted like that, he's a prick, that is not in doubt.

But is he really worth the effort?

And sadly, if the city is to evolve as it should have done years ago, and if finally signs of doing now, we need to be aware of other peoples perceptions of us, and challenge thier beliefs.

Scouse solidarity is something of which I am extremely proud of, but we need to pick our fights more wisely.

As I said, there are much bigger issues for people to be concentrating thier energy on than that bitter, bald, fucking ball bag
Ive got work so can't get too deep. But this notion of a self pity city comes mainly from the aftermath of Hillsborough and the Bulger case. If people think we were wrong to show support like that then it is they who have the problem.

Offline Antony

• Stupid, thick cup of soupio
  • Legacy Fan
  • Barack Obam-la is Scouse Society
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2008, 03:13:16 pm »
Oh my f***ing god

If half our fans put as much effort into getting the Americans out than moaning about Andy f***ing Gray they would be doing something useful.

This is f***ing embarrassing, small time and smells of the shite that Everton spout out week in week out.
Aye lad, whens the remix coming out?

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2008, 03:13:46 pm »
andy Gray doesn't bother me in the slightest. people seem to forget "what a hit son !"

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2008, 03:13:51 pm »
This is the problem. indifference/apathy is the reason why pricks like Gray,Keys,Redknap,Peter Reid etc. etc... continue to peddle blatant anti-liverpool  bollocks for so many years.

I am sick and fed up of it. I have written a mail complaining about this. keeping quiet and ignoring this ain't stopping the c*nt. we have to make it known to his employers that the company's customers don't like his anti Liverpool bollocks. period.

Turn the volume down then... Or better still go the game.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline kopite789

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2008, 03:17:17 pm »
Theres a red button listen to the crowd or fanzone if you don't like Gray
25th May 2005 - The greatest night in the history of the world. FACT

Twitter : @kopite789

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2008, 03:18:29 pm »
Yes there is an anti-Liverpool bias on Sky and it seems to have gotten worse in my opinion. Far too many ex-Chelsea and Arsenal players as pundits and LeTissier who seems to have a gripe with us. I put it down to him being a small town boy who spent his whole career hiding at Southampton.

Soccer Saturday seems to be particularly annoying at the moment with a constant running down and dare I say it mocking of Thommo and Liverpool. Perhaps it might be nice if Thommo as the only member of the panel with top flight managerial experience were to bring his winners medals in and we could compare them to the rest of the panels?

Fine we're not as good a side as we used to be. We are however the most succesful English side in Europe both overall and over the last 10 years and in addition a consistent top 4 Premier League side. You'd think that might get us a bit of respect.

As for Andy Gray, well I do think a campaign makes us appear a bit petty. Personally listenting to him all upset at us winning yet another big match is one of the highlights of the week for me!

Still can't help thinking this is all linked to Murdoch, News International and our avoidance of a certain shite rag.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:21:29 pm by redway101 »

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2008, 03:24:23 pm »
Perhaps it might be nice if Thommo as the only member of the panel with top flight managerial experience were to bring his winners medals in and we could compare them to the rest of the panels?

:)

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2008, 03:28:41 pm »
sky are scum, don't give any of them your money

Offline tuaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2008, 03:33:38 pm »
I'm just puzzled that people's reason for complaining was that he seemed biased against Liverpool.  That's a subjective statement and there have been times when he has praised our moves or goals.  Why not just complain about his factual inaccuracies in his statement abt Rafa resting Torres all the time early in the season?  That can be proven, and is something he or Sky can't justify.

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2008, 03:34:48 pm »
Sky sign Steve Hunter from LiverpoolFC.tv

Steve Hunter has joined the broadcasting company Sky for an estimated £25,000 per week. Hunter will now be assigned to commentate on all future Liverpool games, replacing the well known pundit Andy Gray.

Hunter leaves his position at LiverpoolFC.tv, where he was best known for his enthusiastic commentary on Liverpool games, home away, for about the last 5 years. His best moment to date was him going clearly mental when Neil Mellor scored against Arsenal in the last minute a few years back. To say he 'lost it' is an understatement.

Hunter, speaking from his home in Canny Farm, shouted "It is a great pleasure to jon Sky, and I am looking forward to the oppurtunity to further my career. I can't wait to to get started and scream my head off when Liverpool score."

--------------------

Well done Steve mate, good luck.