Author Topic: AFL Revised Design Published!  (Read 12012 times)

Offline Real Deep

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: AFL Revised Design Published!
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2008, 05:04:19 pm »
The HKS design shits all over this one.

Absolutely hate both of the AFL designs.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2008, 07:24:05 pm »
bloody hell we dodged a bullet there. That is awful! ........... and I was one of the few to like their first effort.

Tacky is the only word for it.

Not entirely sure what everyone is on about with the renders either, the newer HKS ones contain far more structual detail.

Offline RedPross

• Main Stander
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2008, 08:20:20 pm »
bloody hell we dodged a bullet there. That is awful! ........... and I was one of the few to like their first effort.

Tacky is the only word for it.

Not entirely sure what everyone is on about with the renders either, the newer HKS ones contain far more structual detail.

I agree the AFL one looks like its got about 500,000 fans in it!!!!

Offline Georgi_Angelovski

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2008, 10:44:55 am »

This was posted at Skyscraper City by a user called Durbsboi couple of years ago.

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2008, 12:00:00 pm »
I don't like that blue much :(
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2008, 02:24:00 pm »
New Generation Anfield
Anfield, Liverpool
Client Liverpool FC
Completed Concept
Value £290m
AFL revised proposals for new stadium was presented to Liverpool Football Club early January 2008, for which the capacity is 72,000 with 18,500 seated in the new single tier kop.

I have to say, I prefer the AFL design, maybe that's to do with quality of the images?

Offline albertared

• Left England in 1990 - probably chased by a mob.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008, 07:15:46 pm »
looks like a bigger 3 sided emirates with dallas cowbows arches, the kop is not the focal point IMO and there's way too much light let in at that end.

If this is what was on the table, I'd go with HKS.

agree on the light...football stadiums should be dark, eerie, forbidding, intimidating! of course, the grass will die but, hey, can't have everything.
Left England 1990...still on our perch...I think I'd better come back because it's all gone haywire since!

Offline albertared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2008, 07:27:14 pm »
i know this comment is about 5 years too late and has probably been said before anyway but....

when the idea of a NEW ANFIELD first came to my attention I actually envisioned a stadium that more-or-less had the look and feel of the existing Anfield only obviously bigger and more modern.

i certainly didn't imagine all this glass and shiny metal cladding rubbish....all that does is spiral the costs upwards and make us look like pretentious tossers.

i want a FOOTBALL stadium not a place to show off the latest in fashions.

plus i think that the more "modern" the stadium is the quicker it becomes "old fashioned"... the more traditional it is the longer it will remain viable in my view.

in a nutshell, I don't much like any of these designs.
Left England 1990...still on our perch...I think I'd better come back because it's all gone haywire since!

Offline tombomb

• Main Stander
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 04:50:57 am »
the more i see of the HKS one the less i like. given a choice right now, i'd take the revised AFL one, at the very least it looks like a stadium. the HKS one is just too funky and now the novelty has worn off i find it ugly. just as well it'll never be buuilt. can't wait to see what DIC come up with.

plus i think that the more "modern" the stadium is the quicker it becomes "old fashioned"... the more traditional it is the longer it will remain viable in my view.

you've nailed it right there.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 04:52:56 am by tombomb »

Offline Nico CARP

• Rawk Hug Commander
  • Main Stander
  • River Plate And Liverpool FC FAN.
    • https://www.cariverplate.com.ar/
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2008, 05:00:39 am »

Hello friends!

Very nice design, but .. What is the design that will be built really?
River Plate Forum
https://www.turiver.com/

Offline tombomb

• Main Stander
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2008, 05:06:35 am »

Hello friends!

Very nice design, but .. What is the design that will be built really?

hello there. just scroll down a bit for the pics. let us know which you prefer.
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=208116.0

Offline Nico CARP

• Rawk Hug Commander
  • Main Stander
  • River Plate And Liverpool FC FAN.
    • https://www.cariverplate.com.ar/
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2008, 05:12:54 am »
hello there. just scroll down a bit for the pics. let us know which you prefer.
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=208116.0

I like more the design of this thread, I do not like the stadiums that have opened elbows, I prefer a thousand times stadiums that are completely closed with no empty spaces between platforms, why vote for the design of AFL
River Plate Forum
https://www.turiver.com/

Offline eLVIScOSTELLO

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2008, 03:15:17 pm »
http://www.afl-uk.com/projects.php?action=showProject&catID=43&projectID=227

Never mind the fucking Stadium design....what does Rafa think he's playing at with that 2-1-1-1-3-1-1 formation??? :o :o :o

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2008, 03:54:05 pm »
I still say my MS Paint design is the best of all of them.  Give me five grand and I'll have it built before Easter.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2008, 04:01:06 pm »
This was posted at Skyscraper City by a user called Durbsboi couple of years ago.

someone needs to have a word with the groundsman
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline novredder

• Kemlynite
  • Re re re red to the bone!
« Reply #55 on: February 6, 2008, 03:22:13 pm »
I liked both the designs and I'm undecided to which one I would prefer. Both of them have their positives and their "negatives". The AFL design costs £10mill less if I'm not mistaken and has a capacity of 72,000, so it's cheaper and has a bigger capacity but I'm not too fussed anyway as I like both designs. The important thing is that the sooner we build the stadium the better!! If it ever gets built ;D

I like this view. Honestly, one of the things I'd tell AFL is to highlight the Kop and make it the stadium's focal point. After all, the Kop is what has given Anfield its chief uniqueness. There does seem to be a lot of light over that part of the New Anfield. However, the design isn't half bad, except those two issues of the Kop being singly highlighted and its occupants being shielded from the harsh sun. However, I'd prefer that stadium gotten over and one with so that we can move on to pursuing history, as only LFC can.

YNWA, period!

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2008, 12:33:46 pm »
The main problems with the revised AFL design are the glass roof and the shape of The Kop ... Here is my proposal ...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 01:15:29 pm by Macedonian_Red »

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2008, 02:46:17 pm »
Fuckin hell! It looks like the Athens olympic stadium with the 2 arch things on either side. Load of shite inside aswell. Too bowl like IMO

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2008, 11:42:06 am »
The main problems with the revised AFL design are the glass roof and the shape of The Kop ...

The Kop is that shape know.
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline albertared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2008, 03:14:20 pm »
The main problems with the revised AFL design are the glass roof and the shape of The Kop ... Here is my proposal ...

nice try there but, to my eyes, that is a typical "gridiron" football stadium not a proper football stadium. too open, too much light, not intimate enough.

what we REALLY need is a virtual replica of Anfield, only bigger with more modern infrastructure behind it. OK, I accept that curved side stands give better sightlines so I would go with them but all this glass and perspex roofs etc. are just tacky in my view.

on another thread there is an aerial view of the new Molineux which looks pretty good. with some added "corners" that would be a pretty good style for us too.

just my opinion.

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2008, 08:42:08 pm »
This stadium looks too light and airy, needs to be more intimate and intimidating, okay obstructed views aren't good but sometimes they are just necessary to have if you want to keep any atmosphere in a stadium.
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.