Author Topic: No New Stadium Unveiled  (Read 76948 times)

Offline My name is Emlyn

• Main Stander
Re: New Stadium Unveiled
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2008, 11:17:09 am »
It definitely a disabled viewing platform in the Kop and not corporate boxes. If you look in the stadium section at the original plans the Kop hasn't changed a bit and that disabled platform is at ground level (relative to the street outside). Regarding the question about the green stuff around the stadium, I think its grass. Hopefully the smokeable variety. Its possibly a way of funding our new debt and lowering carbon emmisions.

Regarding this charm offensive in general I never expected too much from these boys when they took over ... Everyone who took the club over even DIC were going to get us involved in some kind of debt. I remember reading an article by Steve Morgan regarding all of this. The truth is we're stuck with these guys for the foreseeable future. maybe a case of better the devil you know... They were clumsy about Klinsmann, clumsy about raping us for the Texas Rangers etc. but to be honest nothing they're doing (or not doing) is really responsible for the displays on the pitch. That's all about Rafa who isn't innocent in all of this. Back him with money and if he delivers this season and next reward him with a contract. If not try something new... No-one person is more important than the club

Oh and regarding forgiving Hicks for being a traitor etc I remind everyone that Stevie G (I love how calling him that irks people:) nearly left us for Chelsea but we got over it... maybe not the same thing but still, people move on...
plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose

Offline joe fitz red

• Kopite
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the Steve
    • www.facebook.com/weplay
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2008, 11:17:16 am »
There's some noticeable 'stirring' going on by some 'super reds' - that shiny bit of glass going across half the Kop was in the last design too - Disabled viewing area.

exactly, unnecessary

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2008, 11:17:33 am »
as do a lot of the wools who sit there and take photos all game, thereby killing the 'kop atmosphere'.  Who was talking about shunting them into a corner? There's plenty of stadiums where the disabled supporters get a great view, halfway up one of the grandstands.

Ahh it's nice to see that in 2008 equality reigns supreme!

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2008, 11:17:48 am »
Nobody likes what the yanks have done but this is a good stadium, and for me the only thing they have got right.

The inclusion of a single tier kop, rather than a bog standard bowl design that looks the same as any other stadium will at least make the new ground unique and have its own identity

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2008, 11:17:56 am »
So when is the first sod of turf to be turned?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2008, 11:17:59 am »
There's some noticeable 'stirring' going on by some 'super reds' - that shiny bit of glass going across half the Kop was in the last design too - Disabled viewing area.

fuckin hell mate, I didn't want to say it, but I'd be interested to know how many of you on here were born in Liverpool who are starting to forgive and forget with all this shit. Just curious if this is our own or oot, (that old cliche I know, but would be interesting to know, no offense)

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2008, 11:18:31 am »
so the away end ism't only half seats and it seems to be more co-ordinated looking on the oustide but nthing else is different.

righteo then!

oh and ryde-on :lmao
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2008, 11:18:37 am »
slitting the throat of the choir? What a load of shite, where is it generated now? 202, 306.... various pockets around the kop.

OK then shit, sorry...let's just give up on it then.  Fuck it, shove a fucking Starbucks there with a decked patio replete with it's own McNasty's SO THE FAT FUCKING YANKS AND THEIR LARD ARSE MATES CAN ENJOY A NICE AFTERNOON SHOVELLING SHITE INTO THEIR GOBS WHILE FEEDING US WITH THEIR LEFT-OVERS.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2008, 11:19:25 am »
OK then shit, sorry...let's just give up on it then.  Fuck it, shove a fucking Starbucks there with a decked patio replete with it's own McNasty's SO THE FAT FUCKING YANKS AND THEIR LARD ARSE MATES CAN ENJOY A NICE AFTERNOON SHOVELLING SHITE INTO THEIR GOBS WHILE FEEDING US WITH THEIR LEFT-OVERS.

Will you calm down.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2008, 11:20:29 am »
Fuck me, the lot of yous have all been fed some pills today and are happily rolling over!!!

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2008, 11:20:34 am »
Compared to the original design, the "slightly downgraded" version looks very downgraded.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2008, 11:20:52 am »
Defo not in the original pics, but everyone seems to be convinced they were....

i have definitley seen them there before, i'd trawl through the stadium forum to get them but like alot of people i'm supposed to be working now, also in the cross-section view of the kop last time round it had 'Diabled Viewing' at that exact bit.
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2008, 11:21:32 am »
Fuck me, the lot of yous have all been fed some pills today and are happily rolling over!!!

fuck em. The clubs fucked if this spreads though.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2008, 11:21:33 am »
I dont understand much in what this press release says....but did it mention when they start buidling physically?   Because I got a feeling I've heard/read similar reports about 2-3 times since G&H signed ???
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Martyn.

• Nearly 20 and still a virgin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2008, 11:21:35 am »
Is anyone else actually really surprised with the new stadium design?

I was expecting a 60k "Parry Bowl", but the only difference I have noticed between these stadium plans and the old (superb) ones is that they have bumped the capacity up? But apparently they have reduced the cost?

I am a bit confused, but I am quite pleased with the new stadium plans.
Number 9

Offline Nuisance Value

• Main Stander
  • est. 1966
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2008, 11:21:36 am »
The excitement has gone this time, stadium looks good, no denying that but when your club is in the position it is thanks to these 2 comedians there is no joy in it

Nail on head, I just feel flat looking at these pics
looks like nothings changed but so much has

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2008, 11:21:46 am »
So when is the first sod of turf to be turned?

It's being built where the car park currently is?
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2008, 11:21:57 am »

i cant see it either.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2008, 11:22:16 am »
And getting worked up on an internet forum changes everything ::)

Offline xabi rules

• out winning title with Liverpool
  • Kopite
New Stadium Unveiled
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2008, 11:22:33 am »
I am now completely content and convinced that our american owners have only the best interests of Liverpool FC at heart. I'm ashamed of myself for ever doubting them. They are clearly very clued in and know exactly what they are doing  ::)
'' I'd like to think that I have put more into the game than I have taken out. And that I haven‘t cheated anybody, that I've been working for people honestly all along the line, for the people of Liverpool who go to Anfield. I'd like to be recognised for trying to give them entertainment.''

The great Bill Shankly

Offline joe fitz red

• Kopite
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the Steve
    • www.facebook.com/weplay
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2008, 11:22:38 am »
no ones rolling over... its a good stadium, end of... do you want us to boycott the new stadium now?

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2008, 11:22:56 am »
Can anyone highlight the key changes for me?

Cheers

I can tell sometings changed just cant put my finger on it. BTW is it just me of does the stadium look like the parry bowl from one side of the stadium in those pictures...

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2008, 11:23:12 am »

FFS mate, get a hold here.
Just because people are discussing what a platform may or may not be, does not mean they accept the owners any more than you.
Chances are this stadium will never be built anyway, certainly not like the plans, so what's the difference?
These same people you are criticising here may well be among the most vociferous and militant come the right time.
A bit of common sense
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2008, 11:23:50 am »
It's being built where the car park currently is?

Ok, so does anyone know when the first sod is to be turned?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline General Alonso

• Kopite
  • We controlled the game. No?
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2008, 11:24:29 am »

They were in the original plans. Here's a news item from the HKS site from December: HKS

Check out the second pic.
We are a good team. We are a serious team. We want to win. We want to do the right thing.

Offline Nuisance Value

• Main Stander
  • est. 1966
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2008, 11:25:16 am »

judging by this thread, quite a few have been turned already

Offline Dick Winters

• Kopite
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2008, 11:25:23 am »
I personally don't a shit about their plans because that's all they are.  I don't believe this will get built.

I don't believe a word that bollocks says now. 

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2008, 11:25:24 am »
Am I the only one seeing executive boxes slap bang in the middle of the Kop there?

Please tell me that's not the case.

thats just what i was about to say

Offline SquirmyRooter

• RoomySquirter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2008, 11:25:50 am »
Are people goign fucking MENTAL.

This stadium was revealed in the summer in more or less the same state as these drawings.

All they've done is wait until the day of the refinancing to try and distract our attention.

Wise the fuck up, it's the oldest trick in the book, David Copperfield would be proud of this one.

We've just been told we're £650m in debt, do you realise who they'll RAPE to get the money for their interest payments?

Insight, Perspective, Objectivity.

No Delusions Here.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2008, 11:26:03 am »
no-ones rolling over or starting to forgvive em, just trying to keep people from going ballistic over somethin that isnt there.

anyways, i'll believe this is indeed our new stadium when it starts to get built....and i hope it does cos its stunning, i just hope were rid of Dick Dastardly & Mutley when it does come about
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2008, 11:26:11 am »
Can anyone highlight the key changes for me?

Cheers

I can tell sometings changed just cant put my finger on it. BTW is it just me of does the stadium look like the parry bowl from one side of the stadium in those pictures...

More seats in North Stand (opposite Kop), steel replacing the glass I think. Seems to be it.

The yoke in the Kop is the disabled section. In the new stadium forum there's a PDF for all the details and it's in there.

Offline Zenithez

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2008, 11:26:43 am »

No, but someone will no doubt have it on ebay  :lmao

Fantastic Stadium!

hoonin

« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2008, 11:27:20 am »
They were in the original plans. Here's a news item from the HKS site from December: HKS

Check out the second pic.

OK, cheers. That answers that. Just need convincing that they are not executive boxes now.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2008, 11:27:45 am »
Is anyone else actually really surprised with the new stadium design?

I was expecting a 60k "Parry Bowl", but the only difference I have noticed between these stadium plans and the old (superb) ones is that they have bumped the capacity up? But apparently they have reduced the cost?

I am a bit confused, but I am quite pleased with the new stadium plans.

These will be "altered", you can guarantee it, coz the only difference between these and the ones they showed us last year is the North Stand has been built up to its full size.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2008, 11:27:52 am »
I couldnt give a shit about this thing. I'm not going to fall for any of their rubbish anymore

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2008, 11:28:49 am »
Really nice plans, and the Stadium will be great when it gets built. Cant wait until it gets finished.

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2008, 11:29:10 am »

Erm... opening August 2011, so allow a little under 3 years to build the thing, so... perhaps late this year / early next year?

It would be an utter bollocks if they planned to open it for the start of the season and it wasn't ready in time - presumably it will have to be tested with smaller crowds (as Wemberlee was), so it's going to have to be substantially complete by June/July.

The only fly in the ointment is that we haven't actually got planning consent for this stadium and there's going to be a bit of a problem persuading the council to accept 12,000 more seats without a lot of investment in transport links.
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2008, 11:29:18 am »
Let's hope G&H get their families 'Kop Experience' Boxes, eh?

That just makes me want to :puke
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2008, 11:29:32 am »

Deffinatly was in some of the renders, was also in the cut away plans thingys.

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2008, 11:33:39 am »
Only difference to the old stadium is more executive seats. Because G+H are selling of course and everything is going to be fine.

Except im getting sand in my eyes and ears down here
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!