Author Topic: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]  (Read 606495 times)

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #2600 on: June 4, 2015, 01:18:24 pm »
Cheers mate, think we're gonna go to Neon Jamon.

Haven't eaten in Penny Lane Wine Bar in years, they used to do a belter brekkie though.

Get there early or late or it'll be a long old wait. My advice is that if there's a long queue just go to little italy instead, never had to wait there and it's only round the corner. The food is very similar and the quality is excellent.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2601 on: June 4, 2015, 01:43:08 pm »
Portland Street 358 is sound on Smithdown. We just got a load of small bites (most of which were not small). Haven't had a chance to go back and try the main menu yet, but we thoroughly enjoyed the wings, ribs, fries etc

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #2602 on: June 8, 2015, 12:53:26 pm »
Went to Neon Jamon again last night. We went there the day we got engaged and last night was the one year anniversary so I suggested that we go back.

It was even better than I remembered it being. I seriously think it's the best restaurant in Liverpool.

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2603 on: June 10, 2015, 07:59:21 am »
Cau on Castle Street sounds good - just opened and I believe from the Gaucho chain of  argentinian steak restaurants

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2604 on: June 10, 2015, 10:01:38 am »
Mate's Birthday in a couple of weeks, going out on a Monday night, any good offers out there?

Would usually go for the Hanover Social but was a tad disappointed the last time we were there

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2605 on: June 11, 2015, 08:52:27 am »
Might not be the best place for a group on a birthday, but i'm sure London Carriage Works has one on a Monday

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #2606 on: June 11, 2015, 02:32:23 pm »
Portland Street 358 is sound on Smithdown. We just got a load of small bites (most of which were not small). Haven't had a chance to go back and try the main menu yet, but we thoroughly enjoyed the wings, ribs, fries etc
Just come back from Portland street, had a truly great breakfast of bacon ,steak ,waffle ,egg and potatoes. Will be a regular visit now, miles better than the tavern brekkie.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2607 on: June 11, 2015, 11:45:42 pm »
Went to the Hannover Street Social for lunch with work, had a three course meal for £13.95 and I'd highly recommend it. Had the goats cheese on brioche bread for starter, the belly pork with a black pudding fritter for my main meal, and a creme brule for desert. Ten of us ate and we all enjoyed it thoroughly.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2608 on: June 18, 2015, 11:11:04 pm »
The Chillin Room Cafe Holt Rd Kenny, just like the Dam 10/10 lol
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2609 on: June 19, 2015, 09:55:15 pm »
went to taht pettersons chicken place. massive disappointment. was expecting a great meal and it was just standard chicken. i make better at home
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2610 on: June 19, 2015, 11:22:49 pm »
went to taht pettersons chicken place. massive disappointment. was expecting a great meal and it was just standard chicken. i make better at home

Yeah I wasn't raving. Chicken was over fried and dry and their gravy was bisto gravy granules

Style over substance

Offline cliffm

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • The thing about common sense is it isn't common
« Reply #2611 on: June 21, 2015, 12:44:37 pm »
Fazenda Rodizio.  Not cheap, but well worth it.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2612 on: June 27, 2015, 08:14:54 pm »
1.The Elephant in Woolton - the food was stellar
Black pudding, scotch eggs, sticky chipolatas, haddock fish-cakes, braised beef and Lancashire cheese parcels - were all absolutely boss.
There's a decent choice of ale too.

2. Yew Tree farm (near Everton's training ground in Halewood)
Brilliant breakfasts or a ploughman's  - and you can see the free range livestock right out side the window

http://www.yew-tree-farm.org/index.html

and I'm so excited to do a couple of reviews in this thread :D

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2613 on: June 29, 2015, 09:53:51 am »
I've been to both The Elephant (twice) and Liberty Tavern in Woolton - food is always fine, but my god the service is absolutely woeful.

Won't be returning for anything other than a few drinks.

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #2614 on: July 6, 2015, 02:30:02 pm »
Went to Neon Jamon again last night. We went there the day we got engaged and last night was the one year anniversary so I suggested that we go back.

It was even better than I remembered it being. I seriously think it's the best restaurant in Liverpool.
I have been a few times. The last time we went for 8 pm, was told to go get a drink somewhere as they would call us when the table was ready. 1030 and still no phonecall..... Like i say, the last time i went.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2615 on: July 6, 2015, 10:15:00 pm »
I have been a few times. The last time we went for 8 pm, was told to go get a drink somewhere as they would call us when the table was ready. 1030 and still no phonecall..... Like i say, the last time i went.

To be fair, mistakes happen. If that had been me I wouldn't have waited til 10:30, I'd have phoned up or popped in a while later to see what was going on. I'm not saying you're to blame for it, I just wouldn't let one mistake like that put you off a place as good as NJ.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2616 on: July 7, 2015, 09:44:13 am »
Anywhere child friendly in town for a 3 and 4 year old?

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2617 on: July 7, 2015, 11:21:44 am »
To be fair, mistakes happen. If that had been me I wouldn't have waited til 10:30, I'd have phoned up or popped in a while later to see what was going on. I'm not saying you're to blame for it, I just wouldn't let one mistake like that put you off a place as good as NJ.
I've done this before with Nolita, they said a table should be free in about half an hour, took my number and said they would call. After about 45 minutes I gave them a ring back and they were very apologetic as they forgot to call and we got the next available table.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2618 on: July 9, 2015, 02:51:08 pm »
Speaking of Neon Jamon, they're opening a new restaurant in town:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/neon-jamon-set-expand-liverpool-9610718

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2619 on: July 9, 2015, 02:57:45 pm »
Anywhere child friendly in town for a 3 and 4 year old?
The Blob.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2621 on: July 9, 2015, 03:35:32 pm »
Went to Portland Street on Smithdown last night and it was decent enough. Firstly the menu was interesting, there were lots of things i wanted to try, including some South African bread thing i can't remember the name of. And roti, i do love roti. Anyway we were there for burgers so i ordered a jerk chicken burger and to be honest it was a bit of a disappointment, firstly it was more Hawaiian than jerk, with chunks of pineapple and no discernible spiciness and also it fell apart pretty much straight away, which i can't be bothered with. Also had some of the pizza fries (it's fries with pizza toppings on) - we ordered three different types to share and i wasn't blown away by any of them, i'd have probably preferred just normal chips.

Throw into the mix it's a bad selection of overpriced beer i probably won't rush back, especially with places like the dovey (better burgers imo) and tribeca and even evil eye in the area all catering for the same sort of market. All in not horrible but nothing special.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #2622 on: July 9, 2015, 10:39:49 pm »
I've been to both The Elephant (twice) and Liberty Tavern in Woolton - food is always fine, but my god the service is absolutely woeful.

Won't be returning for anything other than a few drinks.
Liberty tavern for lunch. Bacon eggs and toast for 7 quid was expecting they could at least get the eggs right, we were in a bit of a rush and didn't want to wait another 20 minutes for them to fix it - which was offered to be fair. Not good value and will skip it in future.
So where does the best late lunch in south liverpool? Still portland street for me at the moment.

Offline mabbympb

• Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #2623 on: July 10, 2015, 08:10:24 am »
yes we called several times and went back to find out what the deal was. The fella on the door was a bit not arsed about it all. I've been a few times before that and it's really not worth going back for service like that. Seen it was no.1 on TripAdvisor yesterday.

Offline mabbympb

• Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #2624 on: July 10, 2015, 08:15:03 am »

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2625 on: July 10, 2015, 08:32:26 am »
what does 120 covers mean?
The amount of diners or meals served.

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #2626 on: July 10, 2015, 09:10:48 am »
I thought 120 covers meant number of seats

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2627 on: July 10, 2015, 09:21:16 am »
I thought 120 covers meant number of seats

Nah. You can have have a 20 seat restaurant and do 120 covers. Just means you do 6 sittings throughout the day

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2628 on: July 10, 2015, 09:23:13 am »
Yeah I thought that, so it means they can serve 120 people a night.

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2629 on: July 16, 2015, 01:50:24 pm »
Anyone recommend somewhere that does good dim sum? I've got a hankering for it.

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #2630 on: July 16, 2015, 02:17:56 pm »
The mei mei is good.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2631 on: July 16, 2015, 02:25:41 pm »
Awesome i'll give it a go! I really like that Tokyou next door btw - excellent place.

Offline The Evil One

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2632 on: July 17, 2015, 10:24:13 am »
Anyone recommend somewhere that does good dim sum? I've got a hankering for it.

Agreed Mei Mei is probably the best in town or Tai Pan down dock road past Costco

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2633 on: July 25, 2015, 12:36:13 pm »
Went with work to La Tasca the other night, what a let down. Granted we had some sort of set menu fare with it being a large party, but it took them ages to bring the food, they kept getting drinks orders wrong and the amount of food they did bring was mediocre in quality and pathetic in portion size. The bill then came to nearly £40 a head for what amounted to a couple of drinks each, some wilted salad, a few meatballs and some poor Paella. Not good enough at all.

We're hitting Bem Brazil for our next event, so hopefully should be much better.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2634 on: July 25, 2015, 07:08:15 pm »
We went to Bem Brazil last weekend, first time. It was brilliant, worked out quite expensive to be honest but I don't begrudge it because the service was great, the meats were mostly spectacular and we both left full up to the brim!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2635 on: July 25, 2015, 07:10:58 pm »
We went to Bem Brazil last weekend, first time. It was brilliant, worked out quite expensive to be honest but I don't begrudge it because the service was great, the meats were mostly spectacular and we both left full up to the brim!

Haven't been to the Liverpool one but used to go to the Manchester one as could roll back to my apartment from it after having wayyyy too much meat.

Was always a case of being full, seeing them go past with some new type of meat and going 'well I'll just have a little bit of that'. x10.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2636 on: July 25, 2015, 07:13:46 pm »
Haven't been to the Liverpool one but used to go to the Manchester one as could roll back to my apartment from it after having wayyyy too much meat.

Was always a case of being full, seeing them go past with some new type of meat and going 'well I'll just have a little bit of that'. x10.
That was exactly it, turn the card over to red, see the fella bringing something boss quickly flip it over to green..
Eat, drink, rinse, repeat.

Oh and the Caipirinhas were superb too.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2637 on: August 22, 2015, 02:17:34 pm »
Enjoyed it myself, everyone had a good time. Some of the buffet stuff was very decent, and I was tactical with what meats I accepted so there was still room for the good stuff. Would recommend.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2638 on: August 22, 2015, 05:59:11 pm »
Went with work to La Tasca the other night, what a let down. Granted we had some sort of set menu fare with it being a large party, but it took them ages to bring the food, they kept getting drinks orders wrong and the amount of food they did bring was mediocre in quality and pathetic in portion size. The bill then came to nearly £40 a head for what amounted to a couple of drinks each, some wilted salad, a few meatballs and some poor Paella. Not good enough at all.

We're hitting Bem Brazil for our next event, so hopefully should be much better.

La Vina>La Tasca

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #2639 on: August 22, 2015, 06:23:52 pm »
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/