Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 10415192 times)

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Believer
  • Across the face of the goal
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #102160 on: September 20, 2020, 06:40:32 PM »
See Kloppo mentioned Billy K carrying a knock in the context of first team selection today

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Believer
« Reply #102161 on: September 20, 2020, 08:00:00 PM »
I've seen next to nothing of Youth players. Has Stewart got that continual involvement in the game that Klopp feels is currently missing from Brewster?

No, but that’s exactly the type of forward that Glatzel is

Offline ElPayaso

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #102162 on: September 21, 2020, 01:44:39 PM »
No, but that’s exactly the type of forward that Glatzel is

Totally agree with you, but speaking of Glatzel, where is he? Hasn't played for the U23's in a while. Injured again?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #102163 on: September 21, 2020, 06:08:43 PM »
we should get Duncan back - he's unhappy at Fiorentina. Hates Jon Flanagan.

Offline Raaphael

• Teenaage Mutaant Ninjaa Tuurtle..
  • Believer
  • Poetry in Motion
« Reply #102164 on: September 21, 2020, 06:11:17 PM »
Can anyone update me on the youngsters who`s coming up? Anyone who might make it? I see Layton Stewart being one mentioned. How good is he?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 06:13:31 PM by Raaphael »

Offline Escorcio

• Kopite
« Reply #102165 on: September 21, 2020, 06:24:06 PM »
we should get Duncan back - he's unhappy at Fiorentina. Hates Jon Flanagan.

Looks like he's on his way to Derby

Reckon he regrets acting like an idiot yet?

Online Chris~

• Believer
« Reply #102166 on: September 21, 2020, 06:28:52 PM »
Looks like he's on his way to Derby

Reckon he regrets acting like an idiot yet?
Probably not as he was right to leave us, going to a side like Derby is where he should have gone once he decided to leave City.

Can anyone update me on the youngsters who`s coming up? Anyone who might make it? I see Layton Stewart being one mentioned. How good is he?
I don't think there's anyone as good as Curtis Jones which I guess is the standard at the moment for an acadmey player to even get cloae to making it at our current level. Stewart, Balagizi and Morton probably the best players for the u18s based on performances

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #102167 on: September 21, 2020, 10:11:43 PM »
Totally agree with you, but speaking of Glatzel, where is he? Hasn't played for the U23's in a while. Injured again?

Yes, they mentioned that when the U23s were playing last Friday evening.  His and Joe Hardy with niggles. 

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #102168 on: September 21, 2020, 10:16:12 PM »
Probably not as he was right to leave us, going to a side like Derby is where he should have gone once he decided to leave City.
I don't think there's anyone as good as Curtis Jones which I guess is the standard at the moment for an acadmey player to even get cloae to making it at our current level. Stewart, Balagizi and Morton probably the best players for the u18s based on performances

Them there are Tom Hill, midfield and James Norris, who are both still U18s but the latter will almost certainly be playing up in the U23s when over his injury.  Ditto Hill although there there are fewer berths in midfield in in the U23s with cCain and Clarkson playing regularly plus eg Herbie Kane who is unlikely to get a loan move with a longer term injury. 

Online Chris~

• Believer
« Reply #102169 on: September 21, 2020, 10:41:16 PM »
Yeah completely forgot about them  ;D Think Hill will get u23 minutes once loans are sorted for Woodburn and Millar

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn.
  • Kopite
« Reply #102170 on: September 22, 2020, 11:58:09 AM »
Wigan in the EFL Trophy tonight and Lincoln in the League Cup on Thursday. Line-up tonight might give us a clue around who might feature in the League Cup.

Offline Oskar

• Believer
« Reply #102171 on: September 22, 2020, 12:56:38 PM »
Neil Jones is reporting that Tom Hill has had surgery on his ACL, likely out for the majority of the season.

Offline Two-Headed Sex Beast

• Kemlynite
« Reply #102172 on: September 22, 2020, 01:07:52 PM »
Seems like our youngsters have pretty bad luck recently with serious injuries at bad times. You had Brewster, Glatzel, now Hill. It’s a shame as I was really excited about Hill, looked a great talent. Hopefully he doesn’t lose anything when he comes back but I think Brewster, for example, hasn’t got the pace he did have now.

Offline jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #102173 on: September 22, 2020, 01:14:28 PM »
Neil Jones is reporting that Tom Hill has had surgery on his ACL, likely out for the majority of the season.

That is really disappointing news for the lad, I was expecting a really exciting season from him as well.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Oskar

• Believer
« Reply #102174 on: September 22, 2020, 06:39:58 PM »
Rhys Williams is training at Melwood rather than playing for the under-21s tonight, seems there’s a chance that he could be in the squad on Thursday.

Online Chris~

• Believer
« Reply #102175 on: September 22, 2020, 07:48:25 PM »
Leading 1-0 at half time. Clarkson with the goal.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Believer
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #102176 on: September 22, 2020, 08:20:25 PM »
Thought this might’ve been on LFCTV. 2-1 down now

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Believer
« Reply #102177 on: September 22, 2020, 08:49:39 PM »
Down 5-1 in stoppage time.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online Fromola

• Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker!
  • Believer
« Reply #102178 on: September 22, 2020, 08:53:20 PM »
Wigan in the EFL Trophy tonight and Lincoln in the League Cup on Thursday. Line-up tonight might give us a clue around who might feature in the League Cup.

What's the point in this competition for under 23 teams when it always coincides with the League Cup or international breaks?

Offline dotheoffski

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102179 on: September 22, 2020, 09:08:50 PM »
What's the point in this competition for under 23 teams when it always coincides with the League Cup or international breaks?

Valuable experience I would suggest, for those not playing in the league cup, not as if the result matters but I bet these kids learnt alot from todays game no matter the result.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #102180 on: September 22, 2020, 09:16:09 PM »
Thought this might’ve been on LFCTV. 2-1 down now

It’s on LFC TV tomorrow. Sounds like Wigan TV has the rights.

6-1 was the final score. I’m not sure how much benefit the kids would get from a drubbing like that.

Offline b_joseph

• Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Believer
« Reply #102181 on: September 22, 2020, 09:23:12 PM »

6-1 was the final score. I’m not sure how much benefit the kids would get from a drubbing like that.
Playing against people who are better than you, is the best way to develop. Lets be honest, its really unlikely that anyone who played today, will play for us...in the PL

Offline dakid

• Believer
« Reply #102182 on: September 22, 2020, 09:37:44 PM »
Playing against people who are better than you, is the best way to develop. Lets be honest, its really unlikely that anyone who played today, will play for us...in the PL
Woodburn had already played for us in the Premier League and Clarkson and Cain have a good chance.

Online fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty.....pretty pretty good
« Reply #102183 on: September 22, 2020, 10:01:29 PM »

I’d imagine there’s 4/5 who we’d hope will actually 
Trent is pretty poor at free kicks. Said it for a long time. One decent free kick a few years ago and the commentators think he's Beckham

Offline b_joseph

• Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Believer
« Reply #102184 on: September 22, 2020, 10:33:35 PM »
Hope, for sure. But the odds of them being regular first teamers, is not great.

A game like tonight was good for them, though. IMO

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #102185 on: September 22, 2020, 11:23:47 PM »

Of the 10 starting outfielders tonight, it would be a huge (if pleasant) surprise if they ever managed a dozen LFC premier league starts between them. The chances are that the final total will be one - and that’s the one that Ben Woodburn earned nearly three and a half years ago.

I’m not being unkind to them, they’re just the probabilities. Especially when there are other teenagers like Jones, Neco Williams, VDB and Elliott ahead of them in the pecking order.

Balagizi, who came off the bench tonight, has a reasonable chance of defeating the odds and establishing a substantial LFC career, as do the likes of Morton and Stewart, all assuming they continue to develop and avoid the sort of serious injuries that have affected Paul Glatzel.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Believer
« Reply #102186 on: September 23, 2020, 12:33:49 AM »
I'm guessing this is the place to ask this question, is it worth it to get LFCtv?  Do they show enough of the U18/U23 games for it to be worthwhile or are there a lot of games that don't get shown?

Offline RogerTheRed

• Champions of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #102187 on: September 23, 2020, 07:32:15 AM »
They show the games at weekends sometimes and have highlights on. Also good for daily news show and pre and post match shows when first team plays.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #102188 on: September 23, 2020, 07:49:00 AM »
They show the games at weekends sometimes and have highlights on. Also good for daily news show and pre and post match shows when first team plays.
Lfctvgo also get those games and other stuff on demand with the added bonus of being able to have live commentary on if I'm the car or at work.

I watched most of the u18s game last Saturday at work

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #102189 on: September 23, 2020, 09:35:57 AM »
Of the 10 starting outfielders tonight, it would be a huge (if pleasant) surprise if they ever managed a dozen LFC premier league starts between them.

Dunno about that, Leighton Clarkson is pretty highly rated.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Believer
« Reply #102190 on: September 23, 2020, 01:39:26 PM »
Of the 10 starting outfielders tonight, it would be a huge (if pleasant) surprise if they ever managed a dozen LFC premier league starts between them. The chances are that the final total will be one - and that’s the one that Ben Woodburn earned nearly three and a half years ago.

I’m not being unkind to them, they’re just the probabilities. Especially when there are other teenagers like Jones, Neco Williams, VDB and Elliott ahead of them in the pecking order.

Balagizi, who came off the bench tonight, has a reasonable chance of defeating the odds and establishing a substantial LFC career, as do the likes of Morton and Stewart, all assuming they continue to develop and avoid the sort of serious injuries that have affected Paul Glatzel.

I like it when people argue against their own propositions - it saves time for others ;-)

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #102191 on: September 23, 2020, 10:40:02 PM »
I like it when people argue against their own propositions - it saves time for others ;-)

???

The comment was made that 4/5 of the lads who played against Wigan might have a first team future at LFC.

I think that’s very unlikely of the 10 starting outfield players (keepers being something of a special case and harder to predict). The three players I mentioned from the youth setup that I think are well placed to have an LFC career either didn’t feature against Wigan (Morton, Stewart) or only played a few minutes (Balagizi). There’s no contradiction. There are teenagers with a shot at our first team but they’re either already part of that set-up (Jones, Koumetio, N Williams, Elliott, VDB) or else they’re in the younger cohort like the three just mentioned, and others.

Of the starters v Wigan, Clarkson and Cain maybe have most about them but, for all their technical qualities, almost certainly missing the x-factor that’s going to get them into Jürgen’s squad of world-beaters.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Believer
« Reply #102192 on: September 23, 2020, 11:38:41 PM »
???

The comment was made that 4/5 of the lads who played against Wigan might have a first team future at LFC.

I think that’s very unlikely of the 10 starting outfield players (keepers being something of a special case and harder to predict). The three players I mentioned from the youth setup that I think are well placed to have an LFC career either didn’t feature against Wigan (Morton, Stewart) or only played a few minutes (Balagizi). There’s no contradiction. There are teenagers with a shot at our first team but they’re either already part of that set-up (Jones, Koumetio, N Williams, Elliott, VDB) or else they’re in the younger cohort like the three just mentioned, and others.

Of the starters v Wigan, Clarkson and Cain maybe have most about them but, for all their technical qualities, almost certainly missing the x-factor that’s going to get them into Jürgen’s squad of world-beaters.

Fair response I guess😉

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #102193 on: September 24, 2020, 06:53:31 PM »
Rhys starts ahead of Sept.  Wow.  Always thought he was quite highly rated but he stopped being spoken about much having gone out on loan to Kidderminster and then Koumetio during pre-season.  I guess Koumetio is still carrying a knock

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #102194 on: September 24, 2020, 06:54:22 PM »
Rhys starts ahead of Sept.  Wow.  Always thought he was quite highly rated but he stopped being spoken about much having gone out on loan to Kidderminster and then Koumetio during pre-season.  I guess Koumetio is still carrying a knock

Kind of a shame since it is september.

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #102195 on: September 24, 2020, 09:54:32 PM »
Neco Williams is shite you know. Think we should have kept Hoever

It’s the lack of pace and the terrible first touch that will stop him being an option for us in prem .
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #102196 on: September 24, 2020, 10:07:54 PM »
Neco Williams is shite you know. Think we should have kept Hoever

It’s the lack of pace and the terrible first touch that will stop him being an option for us in prem .

You guys might want to go back to the GOT thread. Thanks.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Believer
« Reply #102197 on: September 24, 2020, 11:26:13 PM »
You guys might want to go back to the GOT thread. Thanks.

Quite. Not only are they wrong, but it shows disrespect to an excellent coaching set up

Offline Bincey

• Believer
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #102198 on: September 25, 2020, 06:22:53 PM »
U23s are playing Man U tonight. It's on LFCTV shortly.

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #102199 on: September 25, 2020, 06:33:56 PM »
U23s are playing Man U tonight. It's on LFCTV shortly.

Well they haven’t frozen out Larouci completely then.  I wonder how match fit he is