Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 10380542 times)

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #101800 on: August 1, 2020, 01:49:39 PM »
According to the Echo Everton's under 23's are back in training next week, curious to know if ours will follow suit.

We're back in training today. Under 18 & 23's etc barring Elliott, Williams, Jones.

All other age groups back also.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #101801 on: August 1, 2020, 06:32:19 PM »
Not Liverpool related but it was interesting to read that Angel Gomez is struggling to find any elite level takers having walked away from United for free last month. Salary demands are no doubt a factor but also no doubting that he has failed to live up to the hype. Aged 14/15 many (even on these boards) judged him to be a once in a generation type talent.

Offline Oskar

• Believer
« Reply #101802 on: August 1, 2020, 07:10:25 PM »
It depends on what Gomes is looking for, but I think he'd be a smart signing for any big club as a low risk, Solanke-type signing.

He does look a big talent, or at least he has for United's academy. He's better than Chong who has had first-team opportunities, so you would think that he was held back there because of the situation with his contract. I don't know what he's asking for in terms of wages, but in terms of ability and potential he's worth taking a chance on for a lot of clubs.

Offline Escorcio

• Kopite
« Reply #101803 on: August 1, 2020, 07:14:49 PM »
It depends on what Gomes is looking for, but I think he'd be a smart signing for any big club as a low risk, Solanke-type signing.

He does look a big talent, or at least he has for United's academy. He's better than Chong who has had first-team opportunities, so you would think that he was held back there because of the situation with his contract. I don't know what he's asking for in terms of wages, but in terms of ability and potential he's worth taking a chance on for a lot of clubs.

Going to Lille apparently

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Believer
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #101804 on: August 1, 2020, 08:03:06 PM »
Has the Rhian Brewster thread been merged with the U23 thread?

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #101805 on: August 1, 2020, 10:03:46 PM »
We're back in training today. Under 18 & 23's etc barring Elliott, Williams, Jones.

I think the quote from the Athletic piece said those U23s who had been training with the firsts would be given extra leave, so Cain, Clarkson, Glatzel, Hoever.  The 3 above are definitely part of the first team squad now so aren’t included in the other squads, except that they are likely to drop down to play occasionally.  In fact I think Hoever might technically part of the first squad too, at least he was listed for at least some of last season on the first team squad page on the official website, and in the official photo with the first team squad, whereas the others are not.  That photo has since disappeared, waiting a new group one for next season, even though the individual pics are there, in the new Nike kit. 

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #101806 on: August 2, 2020, 11:39:16 AM »
Various reports saying Yasser Larouci will leave this summer, with talks already held with both Leeds and Brentford. Only has a year left on his contract.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/yasser-larouci-liverpool-exit-transfer-chase-brentford-leeds-a4500221.html

Ready made replacement and one for Robbo to mentor as he'll be understtod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZmOPsK6hZo
The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Offline scout94

• Kemlynite
« Reply #101807 on: August 2, 2020, 01:27:20 PM »
we are interested in signing bynoe gittens from man city but with dortmund also keen they are favourite.

Offline NsRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #101808 on: August 3, 2020, 02:26:04 AM »
we are interested in signing bynoe gittens from man city but with dortmund also keen they are favourite.
Any link for this?

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #101809 on: August 3, 2020, 07:36:23 AM »

According to who?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #101810 on: August 3, 2020, 08:08:20 AM »

Bielsa’s after him I heard.

Loves his Binos.
"I have a specific suggestion about sports analytics. Some of it's getting so good that I think it should embrace and take over sports reporting." (Edward Tufte)

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #101811 on: August 3, 2020, 10:55:44 AM »
Bielsa’s after him I heard.

Loves his Binos.
;D  Brilliant

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Believer
« Reply #101812 on: August 3, 2020, 01:43:06 PM »

it's a complex deal agreed from my sources. buy now, pay later

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #101813 on: August 5, 2020, 12:47:34 PM »
Ready made replacement and one for Robbo to mentor as he'll be understtod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZmOPsK6hZo

As an update he's been invited over to Munich by Bayern to tour round their facilities and has also been invited to Italy to Bologna.

And no I'm not his agent or a family member. ;D
The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Offline NsRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #101814 on: August 5, 2020, 02:39:54 PM »
New contract for Tom Hill today. Had a great season last year, very versatile with an eye for goal. Interesting to see what his best position is, did well in midfield and had a knack for those late runs to the edge of the box.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Believer
« Reply #101815 on: August 5, 2020, 07:09:06 PM »

Is this literally down to U9 at the academy Fordy? I know that some academies are still waiting to go back despite the return of grassroots.

Offline Sangria

• Ally Machoist
  • Believer
« Reply #101816 on: August 5, 2020, 08:44:34 PM »
Is this literally down to U9 at the academy Fordy? I know that some academies are still waiting to go back despite the return of grassroots.

Our grassroots haven't been doing too well, from what I've heard.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline BobPaisley3

• Believer
« Reply #101817 on: August 5, 2020, 09:51:43 PM »
Our grassroots haven't been doing too well, from what I've heard.
The younger lads?

Offline Escorcio

• Kopite

Offline Sangria

• Ally Machoist
  • Believer
« Reply #101819 on: August 5, 2020, 09:57:08 PM »
The younger lads?

The problem was a fungal infection apparently, so presumably not the younger lads.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/liverpools-blotchy-pitch-causes-confusion-18581578
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty.....pretty pretty good
« Reply #101820 on: August 5, 2020, 10:02:09 PM »
The problem was a fungal infection apparently, so presumably not the younger lads.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/liverpools-blotchy-pitch-causes-confusion-18581578

Yeah think the fungal problems were when Trent was trying to slide into that girls PMs
Trent is pretty poor at free kicks. Said it for a long time. One decent free kick a few years ago and the commentators think he's Beckham

Offline BobPaisley3

• Believer

Offline dakid

• Believer
« Reply #101822 on: August 5, 2020, 10:46:50 PM »
Any link for this?
Bild reporting it now, saying PSG and Madrid interested also. No mention of us by them not that it means anything either way no doubt they wouldn't have all info.

Offline Chris~

• Believer
« Reply #101823 on: August 5, 2020, 11:02:25 PM »
Bild reporting it now, saying PSG and Madrid interested also. No mention of us by them not that it means anything either way no doubt they wouldn't have all info.
They're just lifting the story from a twitter account, who does  have good links to acadmey players in this country despite the really fake ITK ssounding name.

https://twitter.com/TheSecretScout_/status/1289644418631311361?s=19

Offline jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #101824 on: August 5, 2020, 11:11:41 PM »
Tom Hill has just signed a new contract, he has a really interesting season coming up in the under 23's.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/404458-tom-hill-signs-new-contract-with-liverpool-fc
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #101825 on: August 5, 2020, 11:13:48 PM »
New contract for Tom Hill today. Had a great season last year, very versatile with an eye for goal. Interesting to see what his best position is, did well in midfield and had a knack for those late runs to the edge of the box.

You beat me to the news.  :D

I agree he's an enjoyable player to watch, it will be fascinating to see how he progresses in the new season.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #101826 on: August 5, 2020, 11:31:34 PM »

Gone to Boavista on loan by the way
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Believer
« Reply #101827 on: August 6, 2020, 12:30:05 AM »
Those late runs ... remind me so much of a young Whelan
"We decide when the game is over"

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #101828 on: August 6, 2020, 02:45:40 PM »
On this forum some could think you are referring to Corey, not long since one of our academy lads.

Offline NsRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #101829 on: August 6, 2020, 03:03:57 PM »
That would be just fine  ;D
Definitely has a knack for “right place, right time” this lad

Offline spider-neil

• Believer

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Believer
« Reply #101831 on: August 7, 2020, 09:48:47 AM »
Hoever is weighing up a loan move

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/08/ki-jana-hoever-weighing-up-loan-move-with-appearance-targets-set/
It is weird how Neco leapfrogged him so quickly when Hoever was so highly rated. A loan may be the best thing for him.

Interesting that he sees himself as a right back.

Offline spider-neil

• Believer
« Reply #101832 on: August 7, 2020, 09:52:03 AM »
It is weird how Neco leapfrogged him so quickly when Hoever was so highly rated. A loan may be the best thing for him.

For now

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #101833 on: August 7, 2020, 09:56:13 AM »

Agree, and that he first at 25 sees himself move into the centre back position. I really like the look of Hoever, and think he could very well challenge for a cb role much sooner than that.

Online IanZG

• Believer
« Reply #101834 on: August 7, 2020, 10:53:41 AM »

Funny enough, it could very well be because Hoever was playing for Holland during the Arsenal cup game. Williams took his opportunity and ended up getting his minutes in other cup games and in the end even PL appearances.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #101835 on: August 7, 2020, 11:01:49 AM »
Funny enough, it could very well be because Hoever was playing for Holland during the Arsenal cup game. Williams took his opportunity and ended up getting his minutes in other cup games and in the end even PL appearances.

Could easily be and shows right place, right time is as important as many factors in getting a break through

I still point to rashford’s big break coming as a result of freak injuries and last minute opportunity - going on loan ironically could cost you a chance at your main club so it’s not an easy decision to make, I’m thinking particularly Brewster in that example

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Believer
« Reply #101836 on: August 7, 2020, 11:23:31 AM »
Even weirder is that he was amazing in those Holland games.

Its tough for centre backs to break through at a top club until they are around 23. They need to be patient.

Offline Oskar

• Believer
« Reply #101837 on: August 7, 2020, 11:41:45 AM »
I'm not sure a loan would be the right move for Hoever, it will be interesting to see if Klopp does.

But I think his opportunities at Liverpool might be limited if he doesn't think he'll be ready to play at CB for another 7 years.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Believer
« Reply #101838 on: August 7, 2020, 12:00:54 PM »
Still think he will end up as a defensive midfielder.

Offline Welshred

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #101839 on: August 7, 2020, 12:12:01 PM »
Could easily be and shows right place, right time is as important as many factors in getting a break through

I still point to rashford’s big break coming as a result of freak injuries and last minute opportunity - going on loan ironically could cost you a chance at your main club so it’s not an easy decision to make, I’m thinking particularly Brewster in that example

It was the same for Trent too wasn't it? Got his chance because of injury and didn't just grasp it he kept it and locked it up!

Bangkok Ladyboys went down a treat ... so probably do them again  ;D ;D