Author Topic: ArenA  (Read 1329 times)

Pheeny

ArenA
« on: July 29, 2001, 06:55:15 pm »
When I first entered the ArenA I said to my son "Bloody Hell this is a smart ground",but it did'nt take long before I started to realize that new is not always better,the place had no atmosphere and was far too claustrophobic with its stupid roof!What do you think?
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: ArenA
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2001, 07:09:22 pm »
If that's the case, what should we do?

Stay at Anfield - a redevelopment would be a "new" ground

Move to Stanley Park - in a comletely "new" ground.

Was this the same with the Millennium Stadium? Surely it's down to design and acoustics?

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2001, 08:15:57 pm »
People who know me will know I'm not the biggest Ajax supporter in the world but yesterday I was really shocked ! I have never ever been in a stadium like that ! What an awful piece of crap ! It's like a combination between a shopping mall and a spaceship ! It is that there was grass on the floor otherwise I would never have guessed this was a stadium. It has got no atmosphere at all. There is in the middle a small opening allowing air to get in and you can see a bit of sky, the rest is roofed. I knew the Ajax support isn't so happy with the place either but now I understand why. And what a great invention this sort of credit card is you need to buy food n drinks, this scheme allows you to not only once have to cue no, twice ! Once for the card and once for yr drinks ! Hooray !

Also it seems that all these new stadiums have to be multi functional. Not only are they build for hosting football matches but also to let artists who aren't good enough to play smaller venues (where people might actually be able to make out if someone is missing a note or two) anymore play there. (Jesus, what a sentence !) Also the bigshots who decide on what the stadium is gonna look like think we like to be treated as customers, that we want a McNasty's, lots of gift shops, a special shop where you can only buy popcorn and other sweet stuff, a coffee corner (very tasteful indeed), something that looks like a pub but doesn't sell alcohol on match days and other American crap like that. That's worse enough, I think. But then the people who work there,

1. Security : Big basterds with earpieces in who are dressed very nice indeed but the big, often bold head and the expression on there face usually shows that these people really don't like anything better than you giving them some lip so they can kick the shite out of you, or worse, deny you access to the ground.

2. Shopkeepers/Barpeople : Dressed in a nice uniform, usually striped, sometimes complimented with a nice sort of paper hat. (another great thing McNasty's has given the world) Usually they are very nice indeed, a bit like your average Tesco personnel.

3. People who walk around in uniforms doing God knows what with mobile phones and other stuff you can talk into. If you ask them for instance where your seat is or something like that they will ask someone else who seems to be doing the same job as them and sometimes they will even tell you to ask the guy down there, at the end, just round the corner.

Sometimes I'm glad I can watch matches on telly in the pub with a cool beer and my friends around. Saves you the trouble getting pissed off.

But there are some good stadiums left, still.

>>>>> This is a compilation of two earlier posts that I have now removed <<<<<

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2001, 09:56:07 pm »
Good post.

The designers of the new Anfield/ Shankly Stadium should take note.

Actually, Liveprool should take note because it seems like its the personnel who have got it wrong.

Oh, bollocks!!! :o :o :o

Offline tozz

• Main Stander
  • the TOZZ is here
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2001, 10:15:16 pm »
ron, i take it you wasn't impressed then, or did i read you wrong.  anyway lover, thanks for the tickets, you did us proud. see you soon

regards

mike

p.s i wasn't impressed with the stadium either. we were right up in the clouds and the foot space you had was non e ;D ;D ;D ;) :-*xistent. so when you got out of your seat, you were in danger of toppling over, and believe me, with that drop, you wouldn't stop until you hit the touchline. anyway, once again thanks mate ;D ;D ;) ;) :-* :-*

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2001, 10:20:57 pm »
Bit like OT (spit) then?

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2001, 10:54:31 pm »

.  anyway lover,

Tozz man, what did you call me ?  :o

Pheeny

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2001, 01:47:15 am »
I was on the lower tier on Thursday, there was no atmosphere and I asked my sister(a anfield regular)if we should ask the steward if it was poss. to move up with the rest of the Reds supporters to which she said and I quote"Piss off I've not come all this way to see a bunch of ants"

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Modern football is shit
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2001, 04:56:14 am »
1. Security : Big basterds with earpieces in who are dressed very nice indeed but the big, often bold head and the expression on there face usually shows that these people really don't like anything better than you giving them some lip so they can kick the shite out of you, or worse, deny you access to the ground.

You talking about me ?

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2001, 05:43:16 am »
look like a traffic copper

Offline C.B Alonso

• Old skool RAWK Photographer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Aallriight!"
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2001, 06:05:53 am »
I've read somewhere that the vocal supporters of Ajax were priced out of their season tickets when the new stadium was built to be replaced by new-breeds on fat salaries.

It could be the reason why it was so quiet...
Lets fucking create an atmosphere instead of complaining about it.

Offline alana

• Loveable Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I hope some day you will join us......
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2001, 06:17:57 am »
bloody ell bob that woke me up :o

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2001, 01:08:47 pm »
Ha ha Bob,

I thought you were gonna react to the use of the word bold , but the jacket !!! So you didn't even get a real suit, or were you just working undercover in that picture ?  ;D

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Modern football is shit
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2001, 05:31:44 pm »
Er, that pic was taken on New Year's Eve, the temp was zero and there was snow on the ground; a suit was hardly appropriate, whereas the duvet jacket under the high-viz was a bit more sensible. I wasn't working as security really; if you look really carefully you might work out that I'm stood on an open air stage, hence the weird light around the edge of the backdrop. I also had a silly head-set, but must have removed it when "posing" for fear of looking too much like a dickhead.