Author Topic: What can it be about mouthy ,whinging........  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Eddie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Spirit Of Shankly Member 10410
What can it be about mouthy ,whinging........
« on: July 28, 2001, 04:52:24 pm »
continental leftbacks???? John Arne Rise ! Been a Liverpool player for less than four weeks and is spouting off about how and where he wants to play....Now there is no big problem with this as GH has in the meantime obviously smacked his arse and put him in his place.But this must be the best booster Jamie Carragher could have had.I'm trying to fathom out why they this could have happened.Maybe it's because his mother is one of his agents.You know how family can get when they watch you from the touchline.

All I can say to John Arne Rise is."Listen son,shut your mouth and get on with the job that GH has asked you to do"."You are only a bit part player in this fantastic set up and if you don't get your head down and work hard, or if you undermine team spirit,"you'll be shown the door like Christian Zeige"...Maybe Vegard Heggem should have a word!

And what is it with these Scandiavians wearing those white things on the outside of their socks.(A La Oyvind Leonardson)...Makes them look like carthorse's....Oyvind was abit of a carthorse though.
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »

Offline Cardie

• Has severe hair-trigger and adores Aberdare
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What can it be about mouthy ,whinging........
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2001, 04:58:47 pm »
The thing is he didn't whine, he mentioned that he prefered to play as left back and that was that. Next day the papers go mad and apparently he's been whining.

(Makes you wonder why they are never sacked!!!)

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2001, 05:00:11 pm »
I think as was said earlier is that the papers are headline grabbing.

To put it in context, he has also said that he will fight Carragher for LB but will be happy if JC keeps it.

Do you really think Le Boss would have someone as precocious as that at the club? Titi?

Offline Eddie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Spirit Of Shankly Member 10410
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2001, 05:14:32 pm »
Well we don't know how much of an ordinary statement taken out of context it was or a mini whinge.He did say he didn't understand what GH is thinking of.....Whatever happened, Rise will now know who is the boss and your right Milsee!...GH won't tolerate any precociousness!(Is that how you spell it?)

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2001, 05:18:04 pm »
I get the distinct impression that some of these footy writers are conjuring up little tid bits of juicy gossip, crap depending on your take to amuse themselves till the footy starts up...

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2001, 05:19:13 pm »
His actual words were: "I dont know how the manager thinks right now".

Make of that what you will.

Either you are a headline grabbing tabloid, or you can see that he needs to choose his words with more care.

Pheeny

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2001, 05:28:51 pm »
From what I can gather he was asked what was in GH's mind to which he replied that he did'nt know what he was thinking!Its all just the press making things up yet again >:(

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2001, 09:55:11 pm »
Ooooh! Now the official site site has got on the case. I dont like cutting and pasting becasue it hinders my journalistic abilities  :-/ but if I put a link to the official site site, I have a sneaky feeling Bob will hunt me down like a dawg.

Anyway, here's what he has to say:

John, what did you make of the comments attributed to you?

I was annoyed when I read the quotes because I didn't criticise the manager. The journalist wrote something I didn't say. He asked me where I preferred to play and I said I didn't mind. It upset me a great deal because I would never criticise Mr Houllier. He took what I did say out of context and made it sound worse than it was.

Do you have a favoured position?

I honestly don't mind. In my career with the national team and with Monaco I have played left back, left wing centre back and centre midfield. I am happy to adjust to wherever the manager wants me to play. I'd even play in goal if asked. There are lots of good players here and if I'm in the team it means I must be a good player as well. That makes me feel very proud.

Are you happy at Liverpool?

Very happy and that's why this whole incident upset me so much. I have nothing but good things to say about this club. The coaching staff are great, the players have made me feel really welcome and the fans have been good as well.

How much respect do you have for Gerard Houllier?

He is a fantastic manager and I couldn't have more respect for him. Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world and it means everything for me to play here.

His Mum dont half write some good stuf, eh?!

Online Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2001, 03:24:28 am »
Hope the press will realise this was a mistake by them. I don't want to read in tomorrows paper that "JAR was left on the bench followint his remarks about GH" or some similair crap. We could do without it now. Poor JAR! A few weeks at LFC, then being compared to Ziege...

Over here we'd call this "A storm in a glass of water." No need to worry.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2001, 03:31:17 am »
Fuck, the press realize it was a mistake? mate, they won't even care, they'll wait for a peice of news or a whisper off a south-westerly or what ever the pre-dominant wind is over there and then sensationalize, exaggerate and put it through the 'hollywood' facts and files machines they call a paper press.

Online Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2001, 10:58:58 pm »
:o :o

Now did I make a mistake or what! ;) The press realise it was a mistake... You're right, never going to happen! Where the hell did I get that from?  ???

At least they don't find JAR's supposed comments very interesting anymore.  

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Gojedo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #11 on: August 1, 2001, 07:44:06 am »
Oh shit, That was meant to be a dig at the bullshit the media have a knack of churning up, not at you...hope it did'nt come across that way. ;)

Online Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 1, 2001, 11:22:35 am »
It didn't. No worries. :)