Author Topic: Everton 1 -2 Liverpool After game talk  (Read 42474 times)

Offline garumn

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Everton 1 -2 Liverpool After game talk
« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2007, 03:09:53 pm »
I'll take a lucky win over a well played draw any day, and my god was that a lucky win!
For those having a go at Voronin, I agree he didnt play his best, but he DID give the "assist" for Gerrard's penalty,
dont think he did any worse then Kuyt myself.
Like everyone else I do wonder about the Gerrard-Lucas sub, and why we didnt put in wide men earlier but it ended well thankfully.
Think Gerrard was mom, and Babel was lively when he came in, everyone else was sub-par to average.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #161 on: October 20, 2007, 03:10:19 pm »
There is no way you are 32 years old.

Boo hoo Tom B, there is now way you are a red, away to the toffee forum to cry with your pals.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #162 on: October 20, 2007, 03:10:26 pm »
so whens our dvd released of the match lol
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Crouchie Red

• Kopite
« Reply #163 on: October 20, 2007, 03:10:45 pm »
at the final whistle i feel for them especially Moyes. he looked like he wanted to kick someone face in... the injustice done by the redmen... feel gutted for them, really
 :'(

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Like fuck i am...!!!! they deserved it...

Walk on... liverpool... :scarf
Thank you Rafa for all the memories. You'll Never Walk Alone either. - 02 June 2010

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: October 20, 2007, 03:10:48 pm »
This win was a Godsend and we needed something like this. For those who think this win "balances" out the Chelsea game, you're wrong. We lost 4 points with that decision against Chelsea because they're our rivals for the league title. Here we only won 2 with Everton being a small club.

I'm really concerned about why Rafa keeps playing Sissoko while he's clearly having stinkers every time he plays. The Gerrard substitution was baffling to say the least, but I like the look of Lucas so far. He should've came on instead of Sissoko, not Gerrard.
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2007, 03:11:03 pm »
There is no way you are 32 years old.
Ditto.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2007, 03:11:06 pm »
any link to the goal.....including the superb save from neville?
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2007, 03:11:06 pm »
rafa proved right in bringing on lucas :D
but for the 'wrong' player .... unless Gerrard was injured or something which I doubt so very much
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Miro

• Anny Roader

Offline Kop8

• Main Stander
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2007, 03:11:14 pm »
Think lescott went down a bit easy on the second one. In fact I dont think either decision was clear cut..

we deserved that today.. especially after an international break when rafa stated they only had 2 players training with them during the week?

Think they deserve a pat on the back. Lots to do but its a good result...and this is a results based game.

RAFA'S RED TONGUEEEEEEE

Rafa's tongue did look MORE RED than usual.  Must have bit his tongue or something.

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2007, 03:11:16 pm »
Right, I've calmed down now but I'm still infuriated with Neville after he denied Lucas a goal.... idiot.

We were desperately missing Agger, Alonso and Torres, but I'm glad we nicked it. We didn't play many long balls either and playing it on the ground which was good. Both of our penalties were penalties that's for sure, you have to be blind not to admit that. Their penalty shouts are open for debate but definitely not clear. We robbed them but for once we're not on the end of it.

Performances:

Reina - Cool headed as usual, was great.
Finnan - Was ok, did help us going forward.
Carragher - Pretty good, less long balls, that's the way fella!
Hyypia - Nice chap... but he's much too slow nowadays, we desperately need Agger back.
Riise - Was ok, nothing special.
Benayoun - He played pretty well I'd say, quite shocked he was taken off.
Sissoko - Awful, this guy can not play as an advanced midfielder... when will Rafa realise that?
Mascherano - Worked his socks off, impressed me immensely but made a few silly errors / passes.
Gerrard - Has stepped up his form, was shocked when he got taken off.
Kuyt - Worked his arse off, not perfect by any means, but did well.
Voronin - Really needs to work on his decision making and finishing. If it were Torres taking his chances, he would have scored.

Subs:

Babel - Immediate impact, I thought he was very good.
Lucas - Played a blinder when he came on... I am very impressed with him.
Pennant - Can't really say, only had a few mins to play.

Overall, I'd say, it was average but it's a step up from our previous performances, we actually passed the ball this time and made plenty of chances.

Offline DJ Shadow

• Kemlynite
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2007, 03:11:26 pm »
Ohhhhh that feels good :D

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2007, 03:11:39 pm »
Perplexing decisions from Rafa from start to finish, Why keep Momo on against 10 men? why not play Pennent on the right to give Lescot some defensive work to do, instead of giving them the incentive to keep attacking us down that left hand side?

Why take Gerrard off, just why?

Why continue to sit back and play on the counter against 10 men?

Crazy, We got very lucky today.
Justice for the 96.

Offline Mrfabulous

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2007, 03:11:51 pm »
makes up for the pens we should have had there last season.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2007, 03:11:57 pm »
If someone can post any footage of how our lads celebrated after the final whistle
I would be extremely grateful.
I've seen it already of course but it had everything,
Carra going mental, Kuyt loving our crest, the crowd going bananas,
Rafa coming over, relief, optimism, joy,fuck off you bitter c*nts,

fucking quality ;D
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2007, 03:11:58 pm »
Rafa on Gerrard substitution says 'sometimes you need to play with your brain not just your heart...with an extra man we needed to keep the ball...'

I could live with that quote until you ask yourself, "well why was Momo on the pitch then?". We got lucky today and maybe we deserve some but people need to wait until after next Sunday when I believe, we will see the yardstick for this year's title credentials.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Tez Arne

• Anny Roader
« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2007, 03:12:04 pm »
haha this victory is sweet in so many ways!

First of all we get a penalty when Gerrard could have stayed on his feet, then Clattenburg was only going to give a yellow and little word from Stevie and he puts his yellow away and brings out the red haha. and then Kuyt scored the penalty 

Then we get the other penalty, i was gutted for Lucas but at least Kuyt dispatched the penalty Again and Manc scum Neviile got sent off. To add issult to the Toffee noses they should have had a penalty in the last minute, but the Ref is wise to these Everton players diving ;)

I have to admit I was a little perplexed at Rafas decision to bring off Gerrard with 20 minutes to go when the game was there for the taking but at least we won and that's all the matters.

Offline diddyfaz-golborne

• Kopite
« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2007, 03:12:06 pm »

[/quote]
Mate, he gave the ball away cheaply and could have scored the winning goal but didn't. Clumsy at best
correct-rafas needs to say keep it simple when passing.goes for passes that are simply not there.still young and with guidance by the manager worlds his oyster i feel!

Offline Yer baldy head

• Main Stander
  • Nicknames are bad names
    • www.redandwhitekop.com/
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2007, 03:12:15 pm »
Fucking immense. Oh town will be tasty tonight....
Got more records than the KGB

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2007, 03:12:28 pm »
Knew exactly what type of game this would be when I saw the line-up.  It does dismay me that Rafa seems to set the side up to not lose rather than to win.  With the players we've got, no-way should we be setting ourselves up like that against anyone now - especially everton.  I suppose it gave Gerrard some freedom to attack, but what we gained there, we lacked with only really one forward ahead of him, and the simply-awful Sissoko giving the ball away every time he got it. 

We should count our blessings, we were lucky today, its great to rob the blueshite, but I'd rather have seen us play them off the pitch....frustrating thing is, we have the players to do it.
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2007, 03:12:48 pm »
so whens our dvd released of the match lol
"Goodison Saw Red 2007 Limited Edition with extended Rafa Benitez and Kop legend Ian Rush commentary".

Bring it on!!
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2007, 03:13:44 pm »
Unbeaten in the league.
4 away wins ALREADY this season.
3rd in the League.
3 points off the top.

YES we were shit.
YES we've been playing badly.
BUT have we been getting beaten?

But anyone calling for Rafa to go or that he's a c*nt for taking Gerrard off you're an embarassment.  ::)
Get a grip. Rafa's decisions are baffling, his tactics are all over the place but it's not like we're getting hammered every week. Instead of calling for his head for taking beloved Stevie G off, wait until the end of the game and see if he was right or not. As far as I can remember, it was Gerrards replacement that won the penalty by being there to shoot?

You only have to hear Rafa after the game to see what he thinks of Gerrard ("Wasn't playing with brains"). Gerrard was playing well second half but did fuck all first half. But then again, what the fuck was Momo and Voronin still doing on at the end.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2007, 03:13:48 pm »
I hope this spurs us on for greater things against Arsenal & Beşiktaş

Offline 7Dalglish

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2007, 03:13:58 pm »
to the people pointing out concerns with our performance and/or subs made: do yourselves a favour and enjoy the moment, we just beat Everton in the best possible way.

Offline WizaRedOfAus

• Kopite
  • Leave Liverpool Aloooone. I mean it!
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2007, 03:14:02 pm »
Would everyone please stop calling Lescott a Klingon!

He looks much more like a Cabbage Patch Doll.
"Success: the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
- Winston Churchill

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2007, 03:14:04 pm »
Get in. Needed that

Got to say the reason Rafa took off Stevie is almost as worrying as the incident itself

Too much heart?

In a derby?

Doesnt seem to get it still.

Serious worry. Evertonians actually cheered his substitution. Must tell rafa something
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2007, 03:14:24 pm »
Lucas offered an intelligence and, ironically, a maturity that helped us control the game. If nothing else, I think it gave Everton the belief in themselves to go on and win the game. A belief that was obviously unfounded.

Surely in being denied the winning goal by the hand of Phil Neville, the decision to bring on Lucas was justified?

It was justified within a second of him coming on when he looked so determined to get that ball- he played like that all the time he was on. I just don't see why we left Sissoko on. Him rampaging forward supporting the attack (which is what he did after Gerrard went off) or Gerrard?

At least those c*nts got done by a couple of dodgy refereeing decisions- last season the refereeing was shite for us.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2007, 03:14:26 pm »
We got out of fuckin jail there. A precious 3 points.

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
  • Lord, I can't go back there...
« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2007, 03:14:33 pm »
Lucas offered an intelligence and, ironically, a maturity that helped us control the game. If nothing else, I think it gave Everton the belief in themselves to go on and win the game. A belief that was obviously unfounded.

Surely in being denied the winning goal by the hand of Phil Neville, the decision to bring on Lucas was justified?

I thought it was fucking barmy at the time but I was hardly a dispassionate observer. A manager is paid to analyse a game and make a decision on what he sees, not what he feels. Rafa gets it wrong; his subs are occasionally baffling and don't work. This one did. You can't deny that when Lucas came on we passed the ball better and the bloke pops up to get the winner, or at least earn it.

Still wouldn't have taken him off meself, mind...but what the fuck do I know? Fair play Rafa.
Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 20, 2007, 03:15:06 pm »
Have no problems with Gerrard coming off in the 72nd minute but don't understand why Rafa persists with Sissoko

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2007, 03:15:09 pm »
Boo hoo Tom B, there is now way you are a red, away to the toffee forum to cry with your pals.

Nice one superfan. I didn't realise we lived in a dictatorship where we couldn't point out perceived mistakes. "Boo hoo", you are the one crying and wetting your pants that you want an apology from people who watched the game and didn't like what they saw up until the last minute, so maybe you take your own advice eh.

You can feel "oh so special" over there in Ireland that you are the bigger fan because you don't ever moan about our performance.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 03:17:36 pm by Tom_B »
We're on our way to glory...

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 20, 2007, 03:15:14 pm »
I think that we can officially stop complaining about the refereeing decision against Chelsea.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 20, 2007, 03:15:39 pm »

Can't fucking believe Torres never played :no

87:13

Offline Simon-1973

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 20, 2007, 03:15:42 pm »
I wonder will Everton bring out a DVD of this game like they did last year?  ;D
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #194 on: October 20, 2007, 03:15:44 pm »
Right, I've calmed down now but I'm still infuriated with Neville after he denied Lucas a goal.... idiot.

We were desperately missing Agger, Alonso and Torres, but I'm glad we nicked it. We didn't play many long balls either and playing it on the ground which was good. Both of our penalties were penalties that's for sure, you have to be blind not to admit that. Their penalty shouts are open for debate but definitely not clear. We robbed them but for once we're not on the end of it.

Performances:

Reina - Cool headed as usual, was great.
Finnan - Was ok, did help us going forward.
Carragher - Pretty good, less long balls, that's the way fella!
Hyypia - Nice chap... but he's much too slow nowadays, we desperately need Agger back.
Riise - Was ok, nothing special.
Benayoun - He played pretty well I'd say, quite shocked he was taken off.
Sissoko - Awful, this guy can not play as an advanced midfielder... when will Rafa realise that?
Mascherano - Worked his socks off, impressed me immensely but made a few silly errors / passes.
Gerrard - Has stepped up his form, was shocked when he got taken off.
Kuyt - Worked his arse off, not perfect by any means, but did well.
Voronin - Really needs to work on his decision making and finishing. If it were Torres taking his chances, he would have scored.

Subs:

Babel - Immediate impact, I thought he was very good.
Lucas - Played a blinder when he came on... I am very impressed with him.
Pennant - Can't really say, only had a few mins to play.

Overall, I'd say, it was average but it's a step up from our previous performances, we actually passed the ball this time and made plenty of chances.

Disagree on Finnan, Lescott gave him a torrid time. Yossi was well out of the game in the second half, it was the right decision. Surprissed at Gerrard, but Lucas did bring a calmness to proceedings that perhaps Gerrard was missing. We certainly took control when Lucas came on and it was his shot that got us the penalty in the end. Sissoko was awful
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline jaykl

• Main Stander
« Reply #195 on: October 20, 2007, 03:15:47 pm »
fuck me,  Rafa has some balls i'll give him that.

we were shite but who gives a flying fuck.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #196 on: October 20, 2007, 03:16:07 pm »
I just don't see why we left Sissoko on. Him rampaging forward supporting the attack (which is what he did after Gerrard went off) or Gerrard?
Got my head shaking too, that. What were you thinking, Rafa?

The camera panned to a Red in trackies going, "What?".

By the way, did I just see Evo before the start of the second half?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #197 on: October 20, 2007, 03:16:11 pm »
It was justified within a second of him coming on when he looked so determined to get that ball- he played like that all the time he was on. I just don't see why we left Sissoko on. Him rampaging forward supporting the attack (which is what he did after Gerrard went off) or Gerrard?

At least those c*nts got done by a couple of dodgy refereeing decisions- last season the refereeing was shite for us.

Agreed.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 20, 2007, 03:16:14 pm »

I've got no problem with Lucas and would like to see more of him. That said, it's not possible to say that substitution 'won' us the game, as Gerrard rampaging against a 10-man Everton could have had it wrapped up well before then.

At the time Rafa took off Gerrard, IMHO the correct substitution would have been Pennant for Sissoko. Sometimes it appears Rafa won't make the obvious, natural change simply because it's so fucking obvious. He has to do the unexpected. Against 10 men chasing a win, we should have been stretching the opposition with pace on the flanks. Gerrard/Mascherano pairing would be a match for most in Europe, let alone a 10-man Everton. What did Sissoko contribute?
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #199 on: October 20, 2007, 03:16:21 pm »
Got to say the reason Rafa took off Stevie is almost as worrying as the incident itself

Too much heart?

In a derby?

Doesnt seem to get it still.

Serious worry. Evertonians actually cheered his substitution. Must tell rafa something

I'd sooner have a player on that stays calm and keeps position than someone who is running round like a headless chicken and leaving his team exposed.
I think the more serious worry is that people are complaining when we've just won a very difficult derby game away from home and it's our fourth away win of the season, and people are still whingeing.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.