Author Topic: Watches  (Read 255633 times)

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Watches
« Reply #320 on: October 17, 2011, 11:20:12 pm »
How much did that set you back
How much did that set you back
got it for 15k
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #321 on: October 17, 2011, 11:35:15 pm »
Mrs got me a Tag Aquaracer as a wedding present last month. Lovely watch.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline gomez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: October 18, 2011, 12:44:53 am »
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean. Had one before, very foolishly sold it so I had to buy it again.

Got the same watch with the orange bezel, fantastic watch. Been hinting to the Mrs about getting a Speedmaster but moving house is gonna put that on the backburner unfortunately.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #323 on: October 18, 2011, 01:06:38 am »
I have the gold/blue Rolex Submariner but with a steel brace. Why? Because it's my late dad's watch and he hated the bling look of the doublé brace so he changed it to steel. I love it because that's my way of having my dad with me every day.

My dream watches are prolly either a IWC Big Pilot's watch (ref 5004) which is a killer watch or the IWC Portuguese Minute Repeater (ref 5449) which has the supreme mixture of class and "oompff" factor a swizz watch with a pedigree "has" to have these days...

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: October 18, 2011, 10:24:23 am »
some people on here must be minted  ;D

I dont wear a watch..if i did id probably buy a fake tag in turkey for 3 quid.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: October 24, 2011, 01:22:13 pm »
Question for you lot.

I took my watch away with me to Portugal, never took it off, pool, beach, sea etc. It was fine, however now and again the face steams up, like its got condensation inside of it. Obviously this has come from the changes in temperature - i have pulled the lever out as far as it goes (the one to set the time) and i have left it on the radiator whilst the radiator has been on etc, but it still keeps appearing.

Any advice folks?
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: October 24, 2011, 02:14:37 pm »
Question for you lot.

I took my watch away with me to Portugal, never took it off, pool, beach, sea etc. It was fine, however now and again the face steams up, like its got condensation inside of it. Obviously this has come from the changes in temperature - i have pulled the lever out as far as it goes (the one to set the time) and i have left it on the radiator whilst the radiator has been on etc, but it still keeps appearing.

Any advice folks?

I'm not sure what the answer could be but I use this forum ( http://www.watchuseek.com/ ) alot to keep up to date as well as getting useful info...

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: October 24, 2011, 09:52:36 pm »
Which Cartier mate? I mean there's a HUGE difference between Hublot's very masculine and sporty look to Cartier's more dress watch like style. Do you have big hands that can wear a big watch like Hublot or is it too big for you? What Hublot is it you've got?

there is a pic of the Hublot a few posts up, i want a Cartier like this one.

Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: October 24, 2011, 10:06:55 pm »
there is a pic of the Hublot a few posts up, i want a Cartier like this one.

No doubt in my mind... I'd stay with the Hublot. I just don't like the Cartiers to be honest. They're a bit too girlish I think...

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: October 24, 2011, 10:09:33 pm »
No doubt in my mind... I'd stay with the Hublot. I just don't like the Cartiers to be honest. They're a bit too girlish I think...

i get bored of things very quickly, watches , cars etc. I buy things and sell them weeks later. Just fancy one of these, i think there around the £2.5k mark.

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #330 on: October 24, 2011, 10:10:29 pm »
I have my heart set on Citizen Gents Calibre 8700 Watch BL8042-54e. Its relatively cheap. Only £390. Looks so elegant and classy. Going to buy this from WatchShop when I get home.

Now thats nice watch and espically for that price!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: October 24, 2011, 10:14:30 pm »
i get bored of things very quickly, watches , cars etc. I buy things and sell them weeks later. Just fancy one of these, i think there around the £2.5k mark.

Cannot be a good business doing that, can it? I mean things lose value as soon as it's not brand new anymore...?

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: October 24, 2011, 10:22:22 pm »
Cannot be a good business doing that, can it? I mean things lose value as soon as it's not brand new anymore...?

very very very bloody true, i lose out all the time and should learn my lesson.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: October 24, 2011, 10:26:08 pm »
very very very bloody true, i lose out all the time and should learn my lesson.

You should start investing in art mate. Do some research, find one or a few good young artists and buy some of their work and store it if you don't want to look at it. Keep an eye on the market every now and then and you might a good deal on that...

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: October 24, 2011, 10:31:35 pm »
You should start investing in art mate. Do some research, find one or a few good young artists and buy some of their work and store it if you don't want to look at it. Keep an eye on the market every now and then and you might a good deal on that...

i have enough addictions, i'd be fucked buying art. I have not got a new car i want rid of after about 4 days. I wouldnt know where to start with the art world.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: October 24, 2011, 10:38:38 pm »
i have enough addictions, i'd be fucked buying art. I have not got a new car i want rid of after about 4 days. I wouldnt know where to start with the art world.

My idea was to get your head elsewhere instead of buying cars, watches and what have you ... ;D You need to become a nerd about a specific thing... Footie memorabilia, eh?

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: October 24, 2011, 10:50:49 pm »
My idea was to get your head elsewhere instead of buying cars, watches and what have you ... ;D You need to become a nerd about a specific thing... Footie memorabilia, eh?

#ha ha, i need something that i wont lose on, you are correct.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: October 24, 2011, 10:56:57 pm »
#ha ha, i need something that i wont lose on, you are correct.

Buy a submarine and become a treasure hunter in the Carribean. It is said that many a Spanish gold ship is lying in the deep waiting to be discovered... Could take you a while to get the investment back but it only takes one good find and then... ;) ;D

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: October 24, 2011, 10:58:14 pm »
Buy a submarine and become a treasure hunter in the Carribean. It is said that many a Spanish gold ship is lying in the deep waiting to be discovered... Could take you a while to get the investment back but it only takes one good find and then... ;) ;D

i have got enough gold diggers in my life mate.  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: October 24, 2011, 11:00:48 pm »
i have got enough gold diggers in my life mate.  ;D

Which is why you should become one... ;D

Naaaah jokes aside I know what you mean. Anyways enough of hijacking this thread. Don't buy that Cartier... You'll look like a 70's pimp.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: October 24, 2011, 11:06:55 pm »
Which is why you should become one... ;D

Naaaah jokes aside I know what you mean. Anyways enough of hijacking this thread. Don't buy that Cartier... You'll look like a 70's pimp.

you really dont like it do you, can't be bothered with a rolex as every 17 year old lad in Liverpool walks round in one. This one i have has lost my love. I Like the look of that Cartier though, i had one of these years ago but lost it on Holiday

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: October 24, 2011, 11:15:22 pm »
you really dont like it do you, can't be bothered with a rolex as every 17 year old lad in Liverpool walks round in one. This one i have has lost my love. I Like the look of that Cartier though, i had one of these years ago but lost it on Holiday

That's my hate Cartier numero uno! The tank.... :duh

I'm not advocating for a Rolex just because I wear my late dad's. I just don't like Cartier's. If it's the elegant dress style watch you're going for there are LOADS of other top quality swiss made watches (Audemars Piquet, Patek Philippe etc.) or if it's the sports watch the supply is massive (IWC, AP again, Omega, Girard Perregaux).....

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: October 24, 2011, 11:17:45 pm »
Don't like omagas me dad has got one, he loves it , i think its awful, Audemars Piquet, now theres a watch.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: October 24, 2011, 11:18:08 pm »
I loved the tank by the way. ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: October 24, 2011, 11:20:35 pm »
Don't like omagas me dad has got one, he loves it , i think its awful, Audemars Piquet, now theres a watch.

The AP Royal Oak is a stunner.......

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #345 on: October 24, 2011, 11:20:35 pm »
got it for 15k

I wish I could be in the situation that I could afford a 15k watch :(
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: October 24, 2011, 11:24:03 pm »
I wish I could be in the situation that I could afford a 15k watch :(

i fucking wish i never bought it.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: October 24, 2011, 11:25:01 pm »
The AP Royal Oak is a stunner.......

amazing kettle. My mate has one, do'nt they also do a gold one, with the black strap?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #348 on: October 24, 2011, 11:26:44 pm »
Now thats nice watch and espically for that price!
If you want to look like Liberace........
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: October 24, 2011, 11:26:50 pm »
checked again £31k. Whats your opinion on the Breitling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: October 24, 2011, 11:27:50 pm »
amazing kettle. My mate has one, do'nt they also do a gold one, with the black strap?

Indeed they do...

Offshore version here:

Fucking beautiful watches.

However I really really love IWC's pilot watches...

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:32:31 pm by Bennekov »

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #351 on: October 25, 2011, 04:17:47 pm »

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #352 on: October 26, 2011, 12:11:46 am »
Only had one "adult" watch, my Oris classic tonneau, desperate for it to come back from the repair shop.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: October 26, 2011, 10:40:48 am »
Only had one "adult" watch, my Oris classic tonneau, desperate for it to come back from the repair shop.

I love Oris!!

I have this one myself - my first "adult" watch as well... ;)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: October 26, 2011, 11:16:26 am »
Don't know how you guys do it, most of my watches which are expensive I rarely wear for fear of losing it, getting scratched etc

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: October 26, 2011, 11:34:41 am »
Don't know how you guys do it, most of my watches which are expensive I rarely wear for fear of losing it, getting scratched etc

haha! fair play.Ive never had a stupidly expensive watch, not really my thing,i dont suit them and i dont really like to know the time to be honest.Are these watches collectors items or soemthing? just asking genuine question, im clueless with this type of thing, not my bag.But 15k for a watch? I know why youd be scared of wearing it in case you lost it.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: October 26, 2011, 11:36:02 am »

Why would you lose it? It has a strap and a lock on it. As for the getting scratched part - it's a utility so to speak so I wear my Rolex all the day and when I sleep. My job is rather heavy work but I wear it anyway. It's a Submariner and it has gotten some minor scratches but that shows it's getting used. I'd more concerned if it was a fragile dress watch...

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: February 3, 2012, 01:36:56 pm »
Hi
Does anyone know where I could buy a diving extension for my watch? I managed to break it. Thought I'd just be able to attach the last link to the clasp but of course it won't fit. It's a tag watch.
Otherwise is there a pin I could buy which would enable to connect the last link to the clasp.
Id be really grateful for any advice as I don't have the money for the repair.

Thanks

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #358 on: February 3, 2012, 07:10:28 pm »
This is my new watch.....

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #359 on: February 3, 2012, 07:18:25 pm »
Whats the general RAWK concensus on the Raymond Weil Jasmine (birds watch) - my missus wants one for our 5th anniversay in May.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.