Author Topic: Javier Mascherano  (Read 404126 times)

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
Re: Javier Mascherano "I did not refuse to play against City"
« Reply #4320 on: February 17, 2014, 09:05:40 am »
that interview doesn't make any sense

nothing made any sense during the owl era
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4321 on: February 17, 2014, 09:08:32 am »
Bizarre that he's come out with this now.  Why not as soon as Hodgson and Purslow had gone?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #4322 on: February 17, 2014, 09:35:56 am »
Bizarre that he's come out with this now.  Why not as soon as Hodgson and Purslow had gone?

However, Mascherano insists he refused to line up for Liverpool, and states he kept his silence at the time due to his admiration for the Premier League side, while suggesting that the club's hierarchy failed to keep their word leading to a relationship breakdown.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4323 on: February 17, 2014, 09:39:59 am »
The word of Hodsgon and Purslow against a player who always gave 110% when he put on the shirt for us.

I know who I'd be more inclined to believe.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #4324 on: February 17, 2014, 09:55:59 am »
Who gives a fuck? Three and a half years ago and fuck all relevancy to any of the people at the club now. "Purslow and Hodgson Were c*nts" the headline might have been. Nothing we didn't know.
This
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #4325 on: February 17, 2014, 09:58:10 am »
The word of Hodsgon and Purslow against a player who always gave 110% when he put on the shirt for us.

The truth is somewhere in between. Masch is certainly no angel in this. Wouldn't be the first player to show 110%, and then throw a strop.

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #4326 on: February 17, 2014, 09:59:41 am »
Took only three paragraphs before contradicting the statement made in the thread title. Pass.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4327 on: February 17, 2014, 10:04:57 am »
Confirming what everybody with more than two brain cells already knew. Mascherano was a great player for us who always gave his all in the Red shirt. He was right to want to leave at that time to better himself and his family in Barcelona and it's sad he was betrayed by two gobshites who thankfully now have nothing to do with our club.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #4328 on: February 17, 2014, 10:09:18 am »
I did not refuse to play against City..

Then he says

..I refused to line up for Liverpool

What's the difference? Either way I love Masch, fuck Owl and Purslow  :wanker

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #4329 on: February 17, 2014, 10:11:00 am »
Who gives a fuck? Three and a half years ago and fuck all relevancy to any of the people at the club now. "Purslow and Hodgson Were c*nts" the headline might have been. Nothing we didn't know.

This.

Though one "truth" I'm looking forward to hearing is from our once beloved Nando "handing in his transfer request"

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4330 on: February 17, 2014, 10:28:25 am »
For a second I thought he was talking about City-Barcelona match tomorrow

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4331 on: February 17, 2014, 10:32:21 am »
Confirming what everybody with more than two brain cells already knew. Mascherano was a great player for us who always gave his all in the Red shirt. He was right to want to leave at that time to better himself and his family in Barcelona and it's sad he was betrayed by two gobshites who thankfully now have nothing to do with our club.

how he was betrayed exactly? we were betrayed by two gobshites, not mascherano... he always wanted to go to sunny place
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4332 on: February 17, 2014, 10:32:31 am »
Took only three paragraphs before contradicting the statement made in the thread title. Pass.

Exactly... wtf?

Not sure what's happened there, either way it ends up giving the article an air of the ridiculous.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4333 on: February 17, 2014, 10:48:06 am »
Barcelona’s offer was at least £5m short of what he was worth, that’s the reason the club made it “difficult” for him.  His actions then forced the move through and we got screwed over.

I’m in the minority but I have a lot more respect for Torres than Mascherano, at least we got a fair price when he left.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4334 on: February 17, 2014, 11:03:43 am »

Think its a typo. Only thing that makes sense

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4335 on: February 17, 2014, 11:16:27 am »
Again its all in the past but Rafa said that Mascherano wanted to leave the season before he did, so not sure what he means by the promises.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4336 on: February 17, 2014, 11:18:50 am »
Mascherano was a world class player for us.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #4337 on: February 17, 2014, 11:23:01 am »
Mascherano was a world class player for us.
So was Torres, yet he gets far more hatred than Masch.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4338 on: February 17, 2014, 11:26:59 am »
Loved Masch but didn't we sign him for £18mil, then sell him for £18mil?  Considering his rise in stock during his time with us, it's pretty obvious we got screwed over.

Oh well, no use crying over spilt milk.  When you look at how Brendan, John Henry and the team handled the Suarez situation in summer, you can be quite sure this won't be happening again.

Offline Rome 84

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4339 on: February 17, 2014, 11:38:23 am »
I did not refuse to play against City..

Then he says

..I refused to line up for Liverpool

What's the difference? Either way I love Masch, fuck Owl and Purslow  :wanker
Where does he say he refused to line up for Liverpool? I'm confused.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4340 on: February 17, 2014, 11:49:20 am »
It sounds like he's saying that he wanted an amicable departure and that he was happy to play for as long as he was technically a Liverpool player. But Purslow and so on were maybe trying to haggle or something, or that Hodgson and co. pretended that he was refusing to play in order to appease the fans?

Whatever the case, I don't care. It's more interesting that after 3.5 years, Mascherano feels the need to clarify things. It shows how much he cares about Liverpool. Liverpool has that effect even on an Argentinian.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4341 on: February 17, 2014, 11:52:52 am »
Frankly I don't have bad feeling towards any player who left under Hodgson and Purslow.

But certainly not Masch.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline darcy171

• Kopite
« Reply #4342 on: February 17, 2014, 11:54:37 am »
It's sad the he still thinks he needs to clarify things. Everyone here loves Masch, and always will. A number of players have spoken of broken promises by Purslow et al, and I think we, more than anyone, understand what happened and don't blame him at all for leaving. Shows how much he cares about us that he wants to put the record straight, but don't worry Masch, we knew all along how destructive Purslow and the gang were to the club.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4343 on: February 17, 2014, 11:55:29 am »
Could have gone on to be an all time great Defensive Midfielder, now he is an undersized second rate centre back

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4344 on: February 17, 2014, 11:56:20 am »
Barcelona’s offer was at least £5m short of what he was worth, that’s the reason the club made it “difficult” for him.  His actions then forced the move through and we got screwed over.

I’m in the minority but I have a lot more respect for Torres than Mascherano, at least we got a fair price when he left.

yup... the only betrayed side in that situation were Liverpool... mascherano by forcing his move and go for peanuts, and two bastards not spending the peanuts to replace him
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4345 on: February 17, 2014, 12:04:12 pm »

Not specifically directed at you specifically but I don't why everything has to be a competition on here sometimes. Over recent weeks, I've read Torres vs Mascherano, Skrtel vs Agger, Flanagan vs Johnson, Allen vs Henderson and worst of all, Benitez vs Rodgers. And it's not even simply comparing them as players but an excuse for people to defend their favourites by having a go at players they don't like (or worse still, simply having a go at players they don't like).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:05:49 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #4346 on: February 17, 2014, 12:10:04 pm »
Not specifically directed at you specifically but I don't why everything has to be a competition on here sometimes. Over recent weeks, I've read Torres vs Mascherano, Skrtel vs Agger, Flanagan vs Johnson, Allen vs Henderson and worst of all, Benitez vs Rodgers. And it's not even simply comparing them as players but an excuse for people to defend their favourites by having a go at players they don't like (or worse still, simply having a go at players they don't like).
Gerrard v Lucas is a current fave of mine.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4347 on: February 17, 2014, 12:17:07 pm »
Think its a typo. Only thing that makes sense
Yeah, not sure why anyone would point that out when it's obviously a typo.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #4348 on: February 17, 2014, 12:17:34 pm »

The c*nt went to Chelsea.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4349 on: February 17, 2014, 12:30:36 pm »
Saving it up until February 16, 2014?  ???

Just like Xabi he left under a bit of a cloud but you cant really put much blame on either & their contribution to the club vastly outweighs it. Torres get a bit of a raw deal as similar aspects... Guess its just the Chelsea factor.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4350 on: February 17, 2014, 12:44:29 pm »
hes playing city at city tomorrow for barca, hence the relevance

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4351 on: February 17, 2014, 12:55:01 pm »
Broken promises to the fans, broken promises to the players. It was that simple. The two cancers and Purslow can rot in hell for all I care. Also I don't blame him for now wanting to play under the owl either.

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #4352 on: February 17, 2014, 01:20:34 pm »

Yup. Same for me mate. He was promised players of a certain caliber being signed, then we got Paul Fucking Kon...urg and Christian Pou...blerg I cant.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4353 on: February 17, 2014, 01:31:35 pm »

You best have a look at why Barca's offer was '£5m short' - could be that Purslow had said he wouldn't sell to Inter - so that ruled out a bidding war or securing a good price with only 1 club interested - they (Barca) knew they had room to manouevre on the price. Also, LFC were up against the transfer window, and us alienating a player LFC'd agreed to let leave in that very transfer window after persuading him to give us another season rather than lose him and Alonso in the same season previously.

Like others have said - I'd believe the facts (and incompetence of Purslow and Hodgson, G&H, Ayre and others) rather than slate players and staff who gave us great memories and helped us get so close.

BTW do you ask yourself why the club made it 'difficult' for the player when the buying club were the ones offering '£5m' short?
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4354 on: February 17, 2014, 01:31:40 pm »
Yup. Same for me mate. He was promised players of a certain caliber being signed, then we got Paul Fucking Kon...urg and Christian Pou...blerg I cant.
Worse still, we sold him to pay for them.

It's so good that we've moved on from those days now.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #4355 on: February 17, 2014, 01:41:50 pm »
What a player he was.

Best in the business when he played for us.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4356 on: February 17, 2014, 01:44:50 pm »
and he's coming out with this now because...

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4357 on: February 17, 2014, 01:46:17 pm »
and he's coming out with this now because...

Obviously he wants to return to play for the mighty reds under Brendan.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4358 on: February 17, 2014, 01:46:43 pm »
Mascherano reveals bitter Liverpool exit
February 16, 2014

Javier Mascherano has revealed to The Times he left Liverpool "with a bad feeling" and has denied refusing to play for the club against Manchester City before moving to Barcelona three-and-a-half years ago.

Javier Mascherano insists he did not refuse to play for Liverpool
despite Roy Hodgson's claims
The Argentina international was left out of the then Anfield manager Roy Hodgson's plans for the 3-0 defeat to City in August 2010, with Hodgson suggesting that the defensive midfielder's 'mind was not right' after interest from the Catalan giants.

However, Mascherano insists he refused to line up for Liverpool, and states he kept his silence at the time due to his admiration for the Premier League side, while suggesting that the club's hierarchy failed to keep their word leading to a relationship breakdown.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #4359 on: February 17, 2014, 01:48:56 pm »
Who cares now? Seriously?
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.