Author Topic: Javier Mascherano  (Read 404127 times)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mascherano
« Reply #4280 on: July 30, 2013, 11:11:52 pm »
I can excuse his haste to leave personally given the abomination of a manager (and MD for that matter) we had at the time. Still surprised and pleased that Lucas, Agger and Johnson didn't follow him soon after.

Was there anything in the story that he wanted to go in 2009, but personally agreed with Benitez to give it one more year?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4281 on: July 30, 2013, 11:24:49 pm »
Still can't believe the team he was part of never won a trophy. The nostalgia goggles are definitely off, and the line-up below still looks ridiculously good. Now that Reina's (kind of) left and Skrtel looks like he's on the way out there's only one survivor...

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #4282 on: July 31, 2013, 03:20:55 am »
Didn't Agger play as often a part/role in that team as Skrtel? .. or if we're gonna get technical, 40% (Agger) -60% (Skrtel) - something like that.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4283 on: July 31, 2013, 03:35:27 am »
... staring unblinkedly... just staring...

Now, where is that thread ...  :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:43:29 am by idontknow »
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4284 on: July 31, 2013, 03:38:10 am »
Still can't believe the team he was part of never won a trophy. The nostalgia goggles are definitely off, and the line-up below still looks ridiculously good. Now that Reina's (kind of) left and Skrtel looks like he's on the way out there's only one survivor...

Warms my heart that pic and breaks it at the same time. Was at the Reading game when he got his goal and was at the Arsenal game which (I think) was his last game. Hard as nails that boy.

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4285 on: July 31, 2013, 03:51:39 am »
Warms my heart that pic and breaks it at the same time. Was at the Reading game when he got his goal and was at the Arsenal game which (I think) was his last game. Hard as nails that boy.

Aye.  It just showed how fragile a club can be with bad ownership and management.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #4286 on: July 31, 2013, 03:54:43 am »

Fuck that is one very tasty side. God we used to be so good   :'(
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #4287 on: July 31, 2013, 03:56:27 am »
Players do shit we don't like, it's not nice.

Having grown up watching players want to leave, I am disappointed in him for the way he acted, but understand it as well.

For him to dedicate his Champions League win for us can be deemed patronising, or a vote of confidence of our supporters.

I always choose to believe he tried his best for us, one of the players I feel thankful to have watched play from my vantage point in the Kop.

Shame he had to go, but that's where we are at the moment, maybe one day we can hold onto these type of players.

I wish him well, he owed us nothing, he came from West Ham, but he gave his all, everytime he stepped onto the pitch, and while his antics while leaving might have left something to be desired, I can't fault his effort on the pitch.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:58:01 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #4288 on: July 31, 2013, 04:17:42 am »
Fuck that is one very tasty side. God we used to be so good   :'(

What a good side that was.

Although interestingly, with maybe the exception of Torres, all of that team were "under the radar" players (Carragher and Gerrard excepted, also) - precisely the type of player Rodgers and the transfer committee are looking at these days.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4289 on: July 31, 2013, 04:45:04 am »

Although interestingly, with maybe the exception of Torres, all of that team were "under the radar" players (Carragher and Gerrard excepted, also) - precisely the type of player Rodgers and the transfer committee are looking at these days.

That's very true. Arbeloa, Aurelio, Kuyt, Skrtel, Babel, Benayoun. Couldn't call them truly world class, but the sum was greater than its parts.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #4290 on: July 31, 2013, 05:07:20 am »
Defo a mark of a great team, better than the sum of its parts. Masch summed that up as well in his play tireless in defense when an attack broke down. A screaming, sprinting, argine madman who wanted the ball back no matter what, when we scored he went bonkers you couldn't help but love him.

And as has been said the're 2 parts to every story re: his departure from liverpool and "why he isn't as hated as Torres?" well for one he didn't sulk for a year while we made excuses for him, Masch actually played as if he gave a fuck every single time he put on the red shirt despite any football politics about his future
YNWA

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4291 on: July 31, 2013, 06:46:18 am »
The reason I don't hate Masch is because when he did it, I understood him perfectly.  Hodgson had come in and was "putting his stamp" on the team, filling it with shite.  If I were a player who wasn't scouse, I would have wanted out, too.  Actually, even as a fan there were times when I didn't want to watch us, knowing that I would have to watch Hodgson rub his face as we drew yet another tedious, horribly-played match against rubbish opposition.  I'd have Mascherano back and welcome him with open arms.

When Torres left, it was when Kenny had us on the up again, buying a promising striker from Holland to play with him and trying to sell him on the idea of staying at least until the summer to give it a chance.  But no, he spit in Kenny's face (figuratively) and walked away for the big money on offer at Chelsea, and for that I can't forgive him.  I hope he rots in Chelsea's reserve team this year and the only time we see him is when he's picking up some trophy or medal he had nothing to do with winning, trying to grin but really knowing deep down his time there has been a farce.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4292 on: July 31, 2013, 08:00:04 am »
He refused to play and we got screwed on the transfer fee, I hold Torres in much higher esteem than him.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4293 on: July 31, 2013, 11:56:04 am »

What a bloody team.  The players missing too made it an incredible squad.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4294 on: July 31, 2013, 11:57:53 am »

to be honest this is what gives me a lot of hope going forward.

Our rebuilding process feels a little slower, but similar patterns

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4295 on: July 31, 2013, 04:57:26 pm »
He refused to play and we got screwed on the transfer fee, I hold Torres in much higher esteem than him.

or, after agreeing to stay for another season as Rafa had persuaded him not to go in the same season as Alonso had, the club had replaced Rafa with Hodgson and were dragging their heals over his transfer to Barcelona with time ticking down in the transfer window and the season was already underway - in which Masch thought he needed to make a point to get his transfer through. So he did.

If Purslow got screwed over the transfer fee, then that's Purlsow's fault for acting like a tit.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #4296 on: July 31, 2013, 05:17:11 pm »
What position is Mascherano playing at Barca? Wasn't he at centre back at 1 stage? Busquets must be ahead of him in the DM position
We all bleed RED!!

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #4297 on: July 31, 2013, 06:10:48 pm »

If Purslow got screwed over the transfer fee, then that's Purlsow's fault for acting like a tit.

Agree with that bit.

With regard to how Masch and his advisers covertly agitated for a move was not good and for that and that alone he can fuck off. He chose to leave in the wrong way and didn't give a fuck about anyone on the way out of the door.

I  Loved him as a player, but wouldn't take him back, ever, reckon we can get better cheaper. This guy is not on the level of say, Pepe, in terms of his appreciation of this club and City.

I'm not emotianl about it, couldn't give a fuck really, just how I feel about it.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4298 on: July 31, 2013, 09:14:44 pm »
or, after agreeing to stay for another season as Rafa had persuaded him not to go in the same season as Alonso had, the club had replaced Rafa with Hodgson and were dragging their heals over his transfer to Barcelona with time ticking down in the transfer window and the season was already underway - in which Masch thought he needed to make a point to get his transfer through. So he did.

You don't ever refuse to play, That was the reason we got screwed over on the fee.  If Barca won't pay the going rate tough shit, you don't get to go.  Do you reckon he offered to make up any of the fee out of his own money to get his dream move ?

Torres got so much abuse for leaving and this guy is still treated with respect by a lot of our fans, people have it very wrong.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4299 on: July 31, 2013, 09:22:24 pm »
What position is Mascherano playing at Barca? Wasn't he at centre back at 1 stage? Busquets must be ahead of him in the DM position

He's predominantly played at CB for Barcelona, partly because of some of the injury problems with their centre backs and partly because Busquests offers a lot more in his position to Barcelona than Mascherano does.

Glad the mad bastard has won the trophies he has with Barcelona.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4300 on: July 31, 2013, 09:56:54 pm »
Not a single mention of how much of a bigger c*nt Alonso is for leaving when he did?

Masch is a fucking hero as far as I'm concerned! Love him to bits.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #4301 on: July 31, 2013, 09:58:13 pm »
Not a single mention of how much of a bigger c*nt Alonso is for leaving when he did?

Maybe try the Alonso thread.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4302 on: July 31, 2013, 10:00:10 pm »
You don't ever refuse to play, That was the reason we got screwed over on the fee.  If Barca won't pay the going rate tough shit, you don't get to go.  Do you reckon he offered to make up any of the fee out of his own money to get his dream move ?

Torres got so much abuse for leaving and this guy is still treated with respect by a lot of our fans, people have it very wrong.

We got screwed over on Mascherano's fee because we had 2 bidders until Purslow publicly declared that he wouldn't sell to one of them. After that, Barcelona were the only bidder, and unless we were willing to let Mascherano go for free in a year's time, Barcelona knew we had to accept whatever fee they offered us.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #4303 on: July 31, 2013, 10:03:02 pm »
I wont have a bad word said about the little Argie loon.

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4304 on: July 31, 2013, 10:05:47 pm »
Don't want to be negative about that side because it was clearly good, but don't you think we underachieved a bit by not winning a trophy? I know we would give up much to be challenging for the title again, but it should have delivered some silverwear.

The way the squad reacted the following season wasn't great either.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4305 on: July 31, 2013, 10:08:06 pm »
Don't want to be negative about that side because it was clearly good, but don't you think we underachieved a bit by not winning a trophy? I know we would give up much to be challenging for the title again, but it should have delivered some silverwear.

That team suffered from Alonso syndrome. The current version is Lucas syndrome.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4306 on: July 31, 2013, 11:55:00 pm »

Agreed, they definitely should have won a trophy/trophies. Because they didn't though, it's a side that will ultimately be forgotten about outside of Liverpool supporters. It annoys me how Arshavin and Macheda have done nothing in their careers since, but both helped derail our title bid. Watching the side deteriorate throughout the 2009/10 season was painful.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4307 on: August 1, 2013, 12:10:10 am »

Masch is a fucking hero as far as I'm concerned! Love him to bits.

The club tried to sell Alonso the summer before to a place he perhaps wouldn't have wanted to go. His relationship with Rafa wasn't as it once was. Real Madrid came knocking, he'd just gotten married and decided to go back home whilst getting a decent pay check. He left for a lot of money, and had given the club plenty of time to get his replacement. They spent it on Aquilani, we came 7th, and obviously things on the pitch very much took a backseat in the months after anyway.

Alonso wasn't a c*nt for leaving us when he did. He just left the club on his own terms after they tried to get rid a year before. I wish Rafa had kept him one more season, but he may not have wanted him to stay anyway.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4308 on: August 1, 2013, 12:54:13 am »
The General.
Have him back in a heartbeat.

RE Transfer:
IIRC-
Roy brought in Poulsen to replace him,
Roy had already dropped him for the previous Thurs Night game, "because of his Transfer to Barca".
Then in a attempt to hide his own inadequacies he did what he would go on to do many times,during his time at LFC.
He attempted to shift the blame for shitty tactics, shitty performance and a shitty result by accusing him of "refusing to play" on what would be his and his families last night in the UK, before his expected arrival in Barcelona the following morning .
Typical Owl BS

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4309 on: August 1, 2013, 02:40:35 am »
Monsta
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4310 on: August 1, 2013, 04:35:50 am »
My recollection was Mascherano was promised a transfer if he played out another year. He did so and if memory serves me correctly he said he would have considered staying on except Roy Hodgson arrived.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
Javier Mascherano "I did not refuse to play against City"
« Reply #4311 on: February 17, 2014, 08:39:27 am »
Always seems strange that he did not want to play for the Manchester City game. At last the truth is out. What a great player to have in our midfield now.

Mascherano reveals bitter Liverpool exit
February 16, 2014

Javier Mascherano has revealed to The Times he left Liverpool "with a bad feeling" and has denied refusing to play for the club against Manchester City before moving to Barcelona three-and-a-half years ago.

Javier Mascherano insists he did not refuse to play for Liverpool despite Roy Hodgson's claims
The Argentina international was left out of the then Anfield manager Roy Hodgson's plans for the 3-0 defeat to City in August 2010, with Hodgson suggesting that the defensive midfielder's 'mind was not right' after interest from the Catalan giants.

However, Mascherano insists he refused to line up for Liverpool, and states he kept his silence at the time due to his admiration for the Premier League side, while suggesting that the club's hierarchy failed to keep their word leading to a relationship breakdown.

“I didn’t want to say anything at the time because of my respect for Liverpool,” Mascherano said. “I did not want to say anything about a club that had been so good for me, so I kept my mouth shut.

“Maybe that was a mistake, because it allowed other people to say bad things about me. But I do not regret it. Liverpool is a special club and it does not deserve to be treated badly.

"The people who were there at the time -- the manager [Hodgson] and Christian Purslow [the former managing director] -- have gone now but they know the truth. When I went back to Liverpool for preseason I had a lot of meetings with them and they were promising a lot of things to me but never kept their word.

“I did not wake up one day and refuse to play. In the game before City we played against Arsenal and I gave everything because I was wearing the Liverpool shirt. Why would I do that and risk getting injured when I knew that Barcelona were close to signing me and then refuse to play in another game? That doesn’t make any sense."

Mascherano explained that the Anfield side began to make a potential move to Barcelona more difficult, which led to him leaving the club under a cloud -- an outcome he is still disappointed about.

“We had been talking about completing the transfer for 20 days because the club also wanted to make it happen, but then they started to make things difficult for me. It was very sad for me to leave Liverpool in the way that I did because being with them was one of the best moments in my life.

“The people treated me really well and I would never want to let them down. I wanted to leave in another way, but they didn’t give me the chance to. That is the truth. It left me with a bad feeling. My time at the club was over and I needed to move on, but I also needed to leave the club in a good way and that wasn’t allowed to happen.”

The 29-year-old has gone on to play 98 times with Barcelona, becoming a solid part of the Blaugranas' back line and winning two La Liga titles as well as the Champions league in 2011.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1718477/javier-mascherano-revealed-left-liverpool-bad-feeling-denied-refusing-play-club-manchester-city-moving-barcelona-three-half-years-ago?cc=4716
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:43:29 am by Suaroll »
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Javier Mascherano
« Reply #4312 on: February 17, 2014, 08:44:17 am »
Ahhhh purslow strikes again......

Dumb and dumber, purslow and Hodgson...... At this great club.

Don't agree that he should have refused to play, but I understand why it would have been so frustrating.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4313 on: February 17, 2014, 08:46:45 am »
that interview doesn't make any sense... they promised him what? to let him go to barcelona? obviously they did that, and he says in the interview

so about what promise he's talking about?
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Advil

• Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #4314 on: February 17, 2014, 08:50:17 am »
that interview doesn't make any sense... they promised him what? to let him go to barcelona? obviously they did that, and he says in the interview

so about what promise he's talking about?

I am not sure. Maybe they promise him that we would be signing good players but instead Hodgson decides to sign Konchesky & Poulsen (Danish Makelele).  Hodgson might have told Masch that he will no longer be first choice after Poulsen was signed.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Advil

• Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #4315 on: February 17, 2014, 08:51:52 am »
Ahhhh purslow strikes again......

Dumb and dumber, purslow and Hodgson...... At this great club.

Don't agree that he should have refused to play, but I understand why it would have been so frustrating.

The problem is he did not refuse to play, I remembered the Arsenal match. He gave his all & the next match all of sudden Hodgson says he does not want to play. Does not make any sense.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Javier Mascherano "I did not refuse to play against City"
« Reply #4316 on: February 17, 2014, 08:55:50 am »
Who gives a fuck? Three and a half years ago and fuck all relevancy to any of the people at the club now. "Purslow and Hodgson Were c*nts" the headline might have been. Nothing we didn't know.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #4317 on: February 17, 2014, 08:56:16 am »
The truth as usual is probably somewhere in between, although looking at it simply you are either willing to play or not so I guess its just a case of who you chose to believe.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4318 on: February 17, 2014, 08:59:13 am »
Who gives a fuck? Three and a half years ago and fuck all relevancy to any of the people at the club now. "Purslow and Hodgson Were c*nts" the headline might have been. Nothing we didn't know.
Too true, we've finally put it all behind us.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4319 on: February 17, 2014, 09:04:30 am »
I am not sure. Maybe they promise him that we would be signing good players but instead Hodgson decides to sign Konchesky & Poulsen (Danish Makelele).  Hodgson might have told Masch that he will no longer be first choice after Poulsen was signed.

i dont know mate...Hodgson and Purslow are c*nts of the highest order, but personally i dont trust Mascherano anything what he is saying

he saw an opportunity to join the best team in the world at that time, he did that, he's was happy, his wife was happy...move on
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"