Author Topic: Javier Mascherano  (Read 404118 times)

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Re: Javier Mascherano gets sent of for kicking medic stretchering him off
« Reply #4240 on: June 12, 2013, 10:43:27 pm »
I like him too, but he was bloody stupid in this instance.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #4241 on: June 12, 2013, 11:02:15 pm »
http://sportingformzone.com/sfz-video-javier-mascherano-sent-off-for-kicking-medic-stretchering-him-off/

Good to see Masch still has that mad streak in him - what a nutter

really really disrespectful.. like the driver is his slave.. im getting sick

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #4242 on: June 12, 2013, 11:38:02 pm »
Steve Bennett can think himself lucky at OT 5 years ago if last night is anything to go by. Go ed Masch attacking the bizzies.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4243 on: June 12, 2013, 11:57:34 pm »
Can you imagine him, Aspas, and Suarez in the same team. And I'd bring back Joey Jones as well. And Papadopolopodus looks like he only visits realtime every now and then and could flip at any second as well.  A team of fucking nutters.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Redknobprob

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4244 on: June 13, 2013, 12:12:50 am »
No one should condone what he did.  You wouldn't find it funny if some random idiot kicked you in the back with his boot.  In fact, you wouldn't have kind words for him.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4245 on: June 13, 2013, 12:49:40 am »
Shouldn't try to keep a good man down.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #4246 on: June 13, 2013, 12:51:54 am »
Shouldn't try to keep a good man down.

Gnomic.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4247 on: June 13, 2013, 12:52:01 am »
You just know the reaction to this thread would have been extremely different had Ronaldo done it :D .

Yep. Still.. let's get way overboard about it. Yorky... come off it... lets not bring wages and kicking the down trodden man into it. That's easy talk. If he had a problem he should of got out of the cart and had a word or something, and not kick out like a girl, but really...  the privileged kicking the under privileged? Warped thinking.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:54:31 am by Filler. »

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4248 on: June 13, 2013, 01:33:50 am »
This is much worse...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pBKVyf8piB0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pBKVyf8piB0</a>

If I was his teammate, I would've still punched the living daylights out of him for that. Who the fuck does that?

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4249 on: June 13, 2013, 01:39:29 am »
This is much worse...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pBKVyf8piB0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pBKVyf8piB0</a>

i thought that was Maradona
YNWA

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4250 on: June 13, 2013, 08:32:20 am »
Yep. Still.. let's get way overboard about it. Yorky... come off it... lets not bring wages and kicking the down trodden man into it. That's easy talk. If he had a problem he should of got out of the cart and had a word or something, and not kick out like a girl, but really...  the privileged kicking the under privileged? Warped thinking.

I stick by it Filler. On man reclining and kicking out at another man who's bearing a heavy load because he's not doing something quite right? Jesus, that kind of stuff caused a revolution in 1789.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4251 on: June 13, 2013, 08:43:12 am »
i thought that was Maradona

Maradona is not *that* small.

Offline ElMagico

• hato with a rabbito. Abrocadabro!
  • Legacy Fan
Mascherano
« Reply #4252 on: July 30, 2013, 03:21:36 pm »
I miss this man.
Fitted into Barca well even at Centre Back when everyone doubted he would even play for them
2 League Titles, 1 Champions League and 1 Copa Del Rey, not a bad record since he left us.

Also this famous interview ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPJ4MdUvn98

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
Re: Mascherano
« Reply #4253 on: July 30, 2013, 03:29:01 pm »
Does anyone have any idea how much he is on at Barca.

As someone rightfully pointed out on The Anfield Wrap, Mr Heaton i believe, this man is more suited to come back right now than Xabi Alonso and I couldn't agree more.
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #4254 on: July 30, 2013, 03:31:24 pm »
I miss him and I'd love to have him back. Just pay his €100 million buyout clause.  :wave
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4255 on: July 30, 2013, 03:33:45 pm »
I don't think he'll come back mate - certainly now that Insua is now longer here... staring unblinkedly... just staring...

Whenever I hear Mascherano's name I always smile - some great memories from his time here - hope he continues to do well at Barca
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #4256 on: July 30, 2013, 03:36:47 pm »
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4257 on: July 30, 2013, 03:39:40 pm »
Dont understand how people do not regard him like Torres. Great player but cant stand how he left & would never want him back.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4258 on: July 30, 2013, 03:45:41 pm »
Dont understand how people do not regard him like Torres. Great player but cant stand how he left & would never want him back.

if anything his departure was worse, as he refused to play for us and cost us money in the transfer after we got him out of the shit at west ham. at least we doubled our money on torres, not made a loss!

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #4259 on: July 30, 2013, 03:52:59 pm »
if anything his departure was worse, as he refused to play for us and cost us money in the transfer after we got him out of the shit at west ham. at least we doubled our money on torres, not made a loss!

Didn't realise we made a loss on him.

We paid £17m and sold him for £25m right?
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4260 on: July 30, 2013, 03:56:32 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8948564.stm

i seem to recall we bought him for 19million. anyway, whatever the price we paid for him, we should have at least made a healthier profit on a player in his prime!

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #4261 on: July 30, 2013, 03:56:43 pm »

We paid £18.6m and sold for £17m.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4262 on: July 30, 2013, 04:00:05 pm »
This is not an LFC thread.
Asinine Lucas/Mascherano comparison deleted and also subsequent discussion.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #4263 on: July 30, 2013, 04:01:18 pm »

More than one side to that story.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4264 on: July 30, 2013, 05:34:20 pm »

It's not his fault we made a loss on him. Blame Purslow for ruling out Benitez's Inter out of spite, thus turning a bidding war into a one horse race.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4265 on: July 30, 2013, 05:44:50 pm »
my favorite player when he was here

YNWA

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #4266 on: July 30, 2013, 05:47:48 pm »
A great player.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4267 on: July 30, 2013, 05:52:10 pm »
Remember a few of the respected posters at TLW saying that the £17m fee included his wages over the contract (he earnt an improved contract later on) - something to do with buying him out of his 3rd party ownership or similar?

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #4268 on: July 30, 2013, 06:27:34 pm »
He was a bit underrated and when he went, I think most of us saw he's real value and also left in a bad manner, but made up with the victory against united :)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #4269 on: July 30, 2013, 06:40:08 pm »
I love Mascherano. One of my favourite Liverpool players of all time.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4270 on: July 30, 2013, 07:08:07 pm »
It's interesting if you actually watch some of our old matches, you really notice how good a player he was and how hard he worked. Didn't give you time or space, quick across the field, especially when we lost the ball. Quite often if a team moved the ball wide, you'd see him sprint past Alonso in order to double up and cover in the wide areas. He'd be a great asset in the team now.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4271 on: July 30, 2013, 07:10:34 pm »
Also this famous interview ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPJ4MdUvn98
I did not know that they played against Leeds United in the CL final.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4272 on: July 30, 2013, 10:02:57 pm »
One of my favourite Liverpool players and got his Barca shirt with Mascherano 14 on the back, guys a fucking machine and one player I admire.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #4273 on: July 30, 2013, 10:13:03 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VZwVp19UmbA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VZwVp19UmbA</a>
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #4274 on: July 30, 2013, 10:26:09 pm »
A real maverick  ;D but formed a great partnership with Alonso.

I feel since the pair left, our central midfield has been missing some aggression and competitiveness. The likes of Adam, Poulsen and Spearing didn't really get a consistent number of games to assert themselves. 
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4275 on: July 30, 2013, 10:28:08 pm »
Papadopoulos reminds me a lot of Mascherano, in several ways. Hopefully, we get him and he's half as good as Masch was for us.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4276 on: July 30, 2013, 10:38:13 pm »
Just another one who got beautifully plucked out of our grasp by those two bastard spanish teams.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #4277 on: July 30, 2013, 10:53:51 pm »
Acted like a twat just before he left. Soured it for me.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4278 on: July 30, 2013, 10:58:33 pm »
I can excuse his haste to leave personally given the abomination of a manager (and MD for that matter) we had at the time. Still surprised and pleased that Lucas, Agger and Johnson didn't follow him soon after.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4279 on: July 30, 2013, 11:11:11 pm »
He left under a cloud of his own making, and showed less class than even Torres.