Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 346124 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #5280 on: January 7, 2023, 11:07:20 am »
Ain't life grand?

I thought the fucking roof was coming off last night.

I thought it was my missus farting ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5281 on: January 7, 2023, 11:09:28 am »
Ain't life grand?

I thought the fucking roof was coming off last night.

Well we've not got the gales yet and the sun's out so I've been in the garden all morning 😂

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5282 on: January 7, 2023, 01:29:54 pm »
I thought it was my missus farting ;D

Were the two of you in a shop at the time?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #5283 on: January 7, 2023, 02:00:31 pm »
Were the two of you in a shop at the time?
They were hogging the pasta aisle.

Online Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5284 on: January 7, 2023, 02:14:50 pm »
Well we've not got the gales yet and the sun's out so I've been in the garden all morning 😂

Our garden's a disgrace,I'm too ill to do anything out there at the moment

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5285 on: January 7, 2023, 03:11:47 pm »
Our garden's a disgrace,I'm too ill to do anything out there at the moment

Oh no, what's up? Nothing too serious I hope.

Online Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5286 on: January 7, 2023, 03:14:01 pm »
Oh no, what's up? Nothing too serious I hope.

Just a chest infection that refuses to fuck off,I'm feeling better than I have for a long time but I'm knackered.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5287 on: January 7, 2023, 03:28:11 pm »
Just a chest infection that refuses to fuck off,I'm feeling better than I have for a long time but I'm knackered.

Plenty of time to rest before spring arrives and the hard work really begins so make the most of the bad weather whilst we've got it 👍

Online Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5288 on: January 7, 2023, 03:42:03 pm »
Plenty of time to rest before spring arrives and the hard work really begins so make the most of the bad weather whilst we've got it 👍

I usually tidy up the garden mid autumn but I didn't get around to it last year because of all the rain.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5289 on: January 7, 2023, 05:44:35 pm »
I usually tidy up the garden mid autumn but I didn't get around to it last year because of all the rain.

At least the wildlife will have some extra cover to get them through the wet winter though. 

It's been much better this winter and looking at how waterlogged the new bog garden is I think I might have to have a rethink or nothing will grow 😟

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5290 on: January 7, 2023, 05:49:12 pm »
This thread might need a namechange for 2023, giving jill some respite.

How about 'aka the reddebs & slippers nerdy gardeners' question time thread'?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5291 on: January 7, 2023, 05:53:12 pm »
This thread might need a namechange for 2023, giving jill some respite.

How about 'aka the reddebs & slippers nerdy gardeners' question time thread'?

Whatever flicks your switch Jim 👍

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5292 on: January 7, 2023, 05:55:13 pm »
Whatever flicks your switch Jim 👍
Let's see what The Worcester Combi Boiler Owner says.....

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5293 on: January 9, 2023, 10:18:07 am »
This rain and the mild temperatures are pissing me right off now. Relentless - and not a glimmer of winter in sight on the oputput models, barring some transient snowfall on hills on the back of low pressure systems as they pass through.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5294 on: January 9, 2023, 10:31:12 am »
This rain and the mild temperatures are pissing me right off now. Relentless - and not a glimmer of winter in sight on the oputput models, barring some transient snowfall on hills on the back of low pressure systems as they pass through.

For some its the choice between heating and eating, so the mild weather is actually a blessing in the current climate (no pun intended)

I posted in the Tory thread about watching a documentary about the snow of 81/82 and it was shocking to see the parallels between then and now, Thatcher was as fucking evil as this lot, wouldn't release money, people were fucking dying from the cold, Tory c*nts in being Tory c*nts shocker
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5295 on: January 9, 2023, 11:21:14 am »
For some its the choice between heating and eating, so the mild weather is actually a blessing in the current climate (no pun intended)

I posted in the Tory thread about watching a documentary about the snow of 81/82 and it was shocking to see the parallels between then and now, Thatcher was as fucking evil as this lot, wouldn't release money, people were fucking dying from the cold, Tory c*nts in being Tory c*nts shocker

Indeed, it'll cost me £21 a day to have the heating continuously on, so milder the weather the better, & people are really struggling now to pay heating costs, continuous cold snap will fuck people more.
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5296 on: January 9, 2023, 06:05:53 pm »

I remember that winter so I tuned into the programme. Both Mrs Spion and I commented on how absolutely nothing had changed. All these years on, we have the same Tory bastards in government and the same issues dragging the country down to its knees. Honestly, they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Anyway, tomorrow supposed to be a total washout with flooding possible in places.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5297 on: January 9, 2023, 07:08:50 pm »
For some its the choice between heating and eating, so the mild weather is actually a blessing in the current climate.
Some people don't look at it like that at all Rob mate, particularly when another reason they are pissed off is because they're £400/month car is late being delivered.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5298 on: January 9, 2023, 07:39:11 pm »
Some people don't look at it like that at all Rob mate, particularly when another reason they are pissed off is because they're £400/month car is late being delivered.

No need, mate  :-[

I don't have any influence over the weather.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5299 on: January 9, 2023, 08:06:11 pm »
Ooooooh saucer of milk, table 2  :evil

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5300 on: January 9, 2023, 08:21:57 pm »
The mild winter might be good for people's wallets, but is not good for nature - it messes up the growth and flowering rythem of the plants, takes the pollinating insects out of sync with the flowers, and in general increases the amount of pests.

Also while its a bit milder than normal at this time of the year, its still freezing! Was sat working in my unheated house earlier, and then needed an hour to get halfway warm again. I'd rather have proper winter, or proper warm weather.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5301 on: January 9, 2023, 08:26:56 pm »
I remember that winter so I tuned into the programme. Both Mrs Spion and I commented on how absolutely nothing had changed. All these years on, we have the same Tory bastards in government and the same issues dragging the country down to its knees. Honestly, they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Anyway, tomorrow supposed to be a total washout with flooding possible in places.

Tories have no shame, mate.

My mate mentioned the other day that her mum's daffodils are already coming through, although obviously not flowering yet. I didn't need the heating on at all yesterday. Completely slipped my mind as I just had my thick housecoat on.

I'm mindful that this isn't really good weather for us in the long run, but I'm relieved that the pressure on ordinary people and their heating bills has been slightly reduced.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5302 on: January 9, 2023, 09:20:02 pm »
The mild winter might be good for people's wallets, but is not good for nature - it messes up the growth and flowering rythem of the plants, takes the pollinating insects out of sync with the flowers, and in general increases the amount of pests.

Also while its a bit milder than normal at this time of the year, its still freezing! Was sat working in my unheated house earlier, and then needed an hour to get halfway warm again. I'd rather have proper winter, or proper warm weather.

One of the camellias in our garden is about to finish flowering,we've got an azalea in bloom and the dafs are well up all over the garden.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5303 on: January 9, 2023, 09:31:30 pm »
I was reading the other day about cherry blossoms already starting.

In January.

In Latvia.

Read that again.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5304 on: January 9, 2023, 09:57:05 pm »
I was reading the other day about cherry blossoms already starting.

In January.

In Latvia.

Read that again.

Yep, thats the problem. No bees around yet. Also, if there is another freezing spell, the flowers will be destroyed, and then there's no cherries later.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5305 on: January 10, 2023, 04:57:30 am »
Yep, thats the problem. No bees around yet. Also, if there is another freezing spell, the flowers will be destroyed, and then there's no cherries later.
Everything links.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5306 on: January 10, 2023, 11:24:39 am »
Any floods about?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5307 on: January 10, 2023, 11:30:36 am »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5308 on: January 10, 2023, 11:47:17 am »
Any floods about?

The dirt track to ours is now a river and the pond/bog garden has expanded half way across the drive but no actual water in the house, yet!

The roof is banging a bit in the wind though so hopefully it'll stay put.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5309 on: January 10, 2023, 12:14:00 pm »
Mid & South Wales

Given the model output, we can expect that flooding threat to expand as more and more rain falls.

There's a general signal that there'll be some greater amplification of the Jet from later this week, so as lows pass through they'll temporarily drag more cold air down behind them (aided by mid-Atlantic ridging of the Azores High), leading to wintry showers on a north-westerly flow, which may bring some transient snow.

Other than that, unsettled with spells of rain and wind; temps mainly a little above-average, although cooler (not cold) interludes.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5310 on: January 10, 2023, 12:17:32 pm »
The dirt track to ours is now a river and the pond/bog garden has expanded half way across the drive but no actual water in the house, yet!

Hopefully, it stays that way.  Planting those trees should help with flood prevention  ;)

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5311 on: January 10, 2023, 12:30:19 pm »
Hopefully, it stays that way.  Planting those trees should help with flood prevention  ;)

That's part of my reasoning mate ☺️

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5312 on: January 10, 2023, 12:59:34 pm »
Just been out (second Covid booster) and there's loads of surface water flooding on roads, especially with run-off from fields (that are devoid of crops this time of year, which doesn't help)

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5313 on: January 10, 2023, 01:43:00 pm »

Used to live on the Solway Coast in West Cumbria across the road from the sea and the wind was brutal on our roof. Never forgot the sound it made.

Fingers crossed all will be ok.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5314 on: January 12, 2023, 05:24:16 am »
Going to be quite windy overnight tonight with gusts between 50 & 60mph, Saturday night is going to be a bit windy too, then sleet & snow being forecasted from Monday when temps drop to between 1C & 5C.
#Sausages

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5315 on: January 12, 2023, 08:57:51 am »
We've actually got heavy snow forecast for Mon/Tues which was pretty much an annual occurance round my birthday when I was a kid.

I rarely managed to have a party as they all got cancelled due to snow and ice.

In the meantime I've got shrubs already in leaf, roses blooming and even an oriental poppy in bud 🤷

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #5316 on: January 12, 2023, 11:30:48 am »
Rain, rain, twatting rain, day after bastard day...fuck off please
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #5317 on: January 12, 2023, 12:06:53 pm »
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5318 on: January 12, 2023, 12:08:19 pm »

There's a decent chance you'll get your wish later in the month after a spell of colder rain (and some transient sleet/wet snow), as high pressure looks likely (at this stage) to build over the UK, bringing more settled weather for most. Where the high pressure centres will dictate the air flows - and therefore the conditions (cloudy or clear; cool with frosts and fog or milder)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5319 on: January 12, 2023, 12:26:26 pm »

There's a decent chance you'll get your wish later in the month after a spell of colder rain (and some transient sleet/wet snow), as high pressure looks likely (at this stage) to build over the UK, bringing more settled weather for most. Where the high pressure centres will dictate the air flows - and therefore the conditions (cloudy or clear; cool with frosts and fog or milder)
When I was working at the Met Office, they issued some guidelines on 'things not to say', including phrases like, "As the day goes on..." and "scattered here and there".

One of the biggest culprits for bloopers in live forecasts was the combination of "frost and fog" - which all too often became "fost and frog". True story.