Author Topic: Houllier praises a 'more mature' Fowler  (Read 770 times)

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
Houllier praises a 'more mature' Fowler
« on: September 5, 2001, 01:59:36 pm »
Taken from the official site, good news I think. (Fowler doubters are now Houllier doubters)  :no:

Gerard Houllier has hinted that Robbie Fowler has a big part to play in his future plans at Liverpool.

The Anfield boss dropped Fowler for the opening matches of the campaign following his training ground bust-up with assistant boss Phil Thompson, but with that now resolved Houllier is confident Fowler will once again prove himself one of the best strikers in the Premiership.

He said: "Robbie has matured a lot and has now married and has two children. He's a great guy and has probably put some daft years behind him.

"The game has changed and you need to keep extremely fit. You need to do things off the field as well as on it.

"He knows he's got to eat carefully. It's not just drinking, players need to eat the right things.

"But at 26 he has got a lot more to offer at Liverpool Football Club. I don't think many managers would have stood by him. I would not say he owes me, but if he needs me I'm there to help him."
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »

"I lived my dream today, I lived it yesterday, and I'll be living yours tomorrow, anything else to say?"