Author Topic: Liverpool v Man Utd FA Youth Cup Final April 16th, April 26th  (Read 49863 times)

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Man Utd FA Youth Cup Final April 16th, April 26th
« Reply #360 on: April 17, 2007, 08:21:59 am »
Thought it was a good game tonight and the lads can count themselves unlucky.
Only thing that spoiled it was their scum fans. One got turfed out, I think it was for being abusive to  Puterill by the corner flag....and the singing....well just sums them up. After 5 mins they had done their whole repertoire....it's a kids game for fucksake
Like a whopper I've written to Man U to complain!

Phil Hammond says 'Compassion is a great virtue' and we should stand side by side with Man Utd fans. Sure - we would like to but human nature determines that even just hearing that stuff last night makes me not want to meet them half way on anything they offer us.
Manchester United should apologise for last night but they wont. And for that reason we will always have bad blood between us.

Turn the other cheek? - spent too long doing that I'm afraid.
The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: April 17, 2007, 08:25:32 am »
Anyone else see Dave Nugent in The Kop by block 106 last night?

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #362 on: April 17, 2007, 08:28:17 am »
Thought Ray Putterill (i think - left winger, number 11) looked the best player on the pitch. Tore the defenders inside out time and time again. Great cross for the goal, anmd some superb all round play.

Was gutting to hear the mancs singin the usual shite, and seeing as i was in the centenary, low down by the corner flag, i could hear them more then anywhere else in the ground

sign on, in your liverpool slums and without killing anyone,

was quite hard explainin their change of lyrics to me inquisitive 4yr old lad
INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #363 on: April 17, 2007, 08:29:31 am »
What about that tit of a kid trying to get on the pitch in injury time ?

On the way out of the Kop we saw what we guessed was his dad arguing with a bizzie, saying he was too heavy handed.

If it was my lad I would have shock the bizzies hand and clumped my lad round his head.........
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #364 on: April 17, 2007, 08:35:26 am »
Thats the 3rd time Ive seen a Liverpool game commentated on by Marwood. He fucking despises us. Last one was Newcastle when Xabi lobbed from his own half. He was diabolical that night and tonight he was 'Man U have dominated Liverpool/had all the attacking' did they fuck. Own Goal and a Penalty. It was an even game. We were better if anyone

He's a child of the eighties, still sore at us winning everything when he was a player like so many. Hopefully Man U will get the same next decade

Complete c*nt

Have to agree. He is one biased little bastard. Don't know how short he is but Sky did a pre-match thing on the pitch with one of their presenters and Marwood looked like he was standing in a hole.  :lmao

We all agree...Marwood is a Munchkin....

( still think we'll win this BTW )

( and the united fans lived up to their SCUM reputation )
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #365 on: April 17, 2007, 09:32:10 am »

sign on, in your liverpool slums and without killing anyone,

what are the words of these songs?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline cob

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #366 on: April 17, 2007, 10:53:49 am »
thats makes you as bad as them mate, you should probably delete that. leave their vile scum fans to sing that shit because one day (i fucking hope) that they'll get seriously done for it. its gone on for too long and at a game like this its sick.

I agree with you mate regarding my comments but it has to be said on this occasion, they fucking got right on my fucking tits last night singing that disgusting bile infront of families at a youth match.

I dont know if you were there mate but they were singing thier shit for 90 minutes. they are an absolute disgrace and i hope they do GET DONE but to be honest mate, it will never happen.

I dont know how the stewards that were surrounding the horrible c*nts last night keep their cool and their gobs shut. They must have the patients of a saint.

I dont think them horrible c*nts have a fucking braincell between them.

YNWA
TRADE COUNT OF 500 + WITH LOADS OF REFERENCES IF REQUIRED

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #367 on: April 17, 2007, 11:01:52 am »
what are the words of these songs?

Quick look through Yahoo and you'd have found this http://www.prideofmanchester.com/sport/mufc-songs-opposition.htm - I won't post the lyrics in here because they don't deserve an airing.

Think the first couple of lines sum it up nicely though:

"Sometimes it feels that the fans get more satisifaction singing about the opposition rather than their own team. United certainly have a number of teams they love to hate. The most obvious team is Liverpool who are the Red Army's number one target. It is guaranteed that any United game you go to, you'll hear an anti-scouse song. Then there's the blue side of Manchester. City getting their fair share of stick and many songs have been sang about the 'bitter blue-noses'. Even though Leeds are no longer in the Premiership, they are still being sang about by some fans. Arsenal and Chelsea always receive a good ribbing too from United fans. So learn all the songs the Red Army sings about their rivals, right here."

"It's clear neither team like each other, so much so, that it is rare you don't hear an anti-scouse song being belted out in every United game."
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #368 on: April 17, 2007, 11:33:24 am »
Quick look through Yahoo and you'd have found this http://www.prideofmanchester.com/sport/mufc-songs-opposition.htm - I won't post the lyrics in here because they don't deserve an airing.

Think the first couple of lines sum it up nicely though:

"Sometimes it feels that the fans get more satisifaction singing about the opposition rather than their own team. United certainly have a number of teams they love to hate. The most obvious team is Liverpool who are the Red Army's number one target. It is guaranteed that any United game you go to, you'll hear an anti-scouse song. Then there's the blue side of Manchester. City getting their fair share of stick and many songs have been sang about the 'bitter blue-noses'. Even though Leeds are no longer in the Premiership, they are still being sang about by some fans. Arsenal and Chelsea always receive a good ribbing too from United fans. So learn all the songs the Red Army sings about their rivals, right here."

"It's clear neither team like each other, so much so, that it is rare you don't hear an anti-scouse song being belted out in every United game."

Bored at work so had a quick look at this. A very thoughtful sight that really helps their fans know all the lyrics. Example:

Song: You Scouse B@stard

Lyrics: You Scouse B@stard
           You Scouse B@stard

Comically bad - they have songs about Jan Molby and Sammy Lee up there!

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #369 on: April 17, 2007, 11:42:46 am »
This tickled me though for some reason -

Lee Bummed Bell - (to the tune of 'Nick Nack Paddywack') 

Lee bummed Bell, Bell bummed Lee,
Lee and Bell bummed Summerbee,
With a nick nack paddywack, give a dog a bone,
Why don't city f*ck off home.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #370 on: April 17, 2007, 12:04:40 pm »
Will never ever stop anyone singing songs about anything thats happened to them, last night confirmed it to me. A day after I went to Anfield to personally mourn my mate, and 95 of our own, they come here with all that shite. Well, they can fuck off, I'm sick of turning the other cheek.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #371 on: April 17, 2007, 12:13:52 pm »
They do it everytime they play us and at pretty much at every other game as well.

But at a Youth Cup game FFS

Crossed the line the horrible c*nts
A Son of Shankly

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #372 on: April 17, 2007, 12:36:05 pm »
Lets park the discussion about chants, mancs etc and talk about the game.

I thought Putterill was great last night, but the amount of times he cut in made me wonder what he'd be like on the opposite flank making for the line. Has he played on that side and if so was he effective?
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #373 on: April 17, 2007, 12:36:42 pm »
What gets me is WHY THE FUCK IS NOTHING EVER DONE ABOUT IT?

Why doesn't this vile shit EVER get reported & action taken against the c*nts, I'll tell you what if there comes a time when we take the matters into our own hands to sort this, the authorities can have no one to blame but themselves.

Put a stop to it now you clueless c*nts.
Justice for the 96.

Offline a partridge in seat_5c

• blames English football
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: April 17, 2007, 01:01:18 pm »

I thought Putterill was great last night, but the amount of times he cut in made me wonder what he'd be like on the opposite flank making for the line. Has he played on that side and if so was he effective?

spot on, we know they're twats, what's the point elaborating on it for page after page

don't think Putterill's got any long-term future on the left side, Roffer seems to heavily favour lefties on the left, righties on the right, and hokeycokeys in the middle, so he's probably got the same problem that Hammill's going to have, trying to find the right position for him

right wing's an obvious possibility

so is playing in the hole off a striker, something I'm sure I've seen mentioned regarding Hammill before. I think the coaching staff think that's where he may eventually find himself

or Roffer may just look at Ronaldo's season and decide that what's sauce for the goose etc etc

be exciting to see someone playing the Beardsley role again, something we've not seen since, well, Peter Beardsley
 :P

Beardsley had this unique way of running towards a defender with his shoulders at 45 degrees to his legs (rotated not leaned ! )

I suspect he was brought up in a circus and learned how to do that in order to stop getting sawn in half

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: April 17, 2007, 01:18:06 pm »
Beardsley had to run like that to counter-balance his chin.
Xerxes MBE

Offline a partridge in seat_5c

• blames English football
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: April 17, 2007, 01:19:56 pm »
 :lmao

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #377 on: April 17, 2007, 01:32:08 pm »
I was very impressed with Putterill. Apparantly he is a right footed LW so maybe there will be room on the Right for him.

All the lads a long way off and don't take anything for granted at this stage so neither should we.

Another player who impressed was Barnett.
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline cob

• Anny Roader
« Reply #378 on: April 17, 2007, 01:33:34 pm »
What gets me is WHY THE FUCK IS NOTHING EVER DONE ABOUT IT?

Why doesn't this vile shit EVER get reported & action taken against the c*nts, I'll tell you what if there comes a time when we take the matters into our own hands to sort this, the authorities can have no one to blame but themselves.

Put a stop to it now you clueless c*nts.

HERE HERE...!

YNWA
TRADE COUNT OF 500 + WITH LOADS OF REFERENCES IF REQUIRED

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #379 on: April 17, 2007, 02:04:50 pm »

Armin..

Thought I heard Heighway last night ( here) on Sky saying that Putterill used to be a striker and that only in the last 6 months has he taken to the role of being on the wing.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline liverweb

• Statto
  • Legacy Fan
  • www.liverweb.org.uk - Your one stop site for LFC
    • Liverweb
« Reply #380 on: April 17, 2007, 03:08:46 pm »
Razor was generally a striker at the academy but has suffered alot in the past year or so with injury.  Since he's come back more he has gone on the wing a bit and ran at people.

match Report http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=172810.0

The one thing I'd say from both sides really is none of them look like they're about to jump in to the first team - United pulled one player out for their first team before the game.

Is the money in the game making that gap that little bit bigger.  Carra reckons now he wouldnt get the chance to develop.

This is what starts making the reserves debate bigger probably because you need to give players that bit longer to develop maybe ie contract till say 21 and a decent competitive league.

otherwise we either bin players off or they get bored playing a dozen reserve games a season.

Andy
Liverweb

http://www.liverweb.org.uk - for all your LFC stats.

Check out every LFC Result and Lineup ever and info on players past, present and for the future!

Subscribe to the Liverweb mailing list at liverweb-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Offline redman1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Biggedy biggedy bong so it is
« Reply #381 on: April 17, 2007, 05:37:32 pm »
Razor was generally a striker at the academy but has suffered alot in the past year or so with injury.  Since he's come back more he has gone on the wing a bit and ran at people.

match Report http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=172810.0

The one thing I'd say from both sides really is none of them look like they're about to jump in to the first team - United pulled one player out for their first team before the game.

Is the money in the game making that gap that little bit bigger.  Carra reckons now he wouldnt get the chance to develop.

This is what starts making the reserves debate bigger probably because you need to give players that bit longer to develop maybe ie contract till say 21 and a decent competitive league.

otherwise we either bin players off or they get bored playing a dozen reserve games a season.

This is why i believe players like barnett , putterill and lindfield should go on a season long loan next season, probably to someone in the championship
The greatest night of my life so far

25/05/2005 Attaturk Stadium, Istanbul

North Tribune    Block 306   Row 13   Seat  343

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #382 on: April 17, 2007, 11:02:43 pm »
went the match. Nearly 20,000 in there so much better than last years final

Very good match. Very end-to-end. We dominated the first half but lacked the final ball in the second. Thought the players were trying to do too much with the ball when the simple pass would have been better.

My highlights.

The boos their keeper got for not applauding the kop. They lasted all match

The guy in the kop 105 calling their keeper Van de Sar's love child.

The kid sat next to us trying to 'get ring of fire' going with little success

The parents trying to cover their kids ears up when the 'manchester is full of shit' abuse started.

The little 9 year old at half time scoring his shot running towards the kop to do a little dance.

The tit trying to invade the pitch near the end. Couldn't even get past the goal line. You wonder if getting a ban for life seems worth invading the pitch at a youth match.

My final point

Clattenberg is unfit to even ref a youth team match. God awful referee
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 11:05:15 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline SimonW

• Anny Roader
« Reply #383 on: April 18, 2007, 02:00:43 pm »
I was impressed with the youngsters and thought we were very unlucky to lose the game. Putterill looks a class act. Lindfield too was good up front.

I also think Charlie Barnett deserves a mention. Good wee player and what about those corner kicks! Whipped into dangerous areas with pace and curl every single time. He should be teaching Stevie G how to take them!

Offline SimonW

• Anny Roader
« Reply #384 on: April 18, 2007, 02:02:37 pm »
I think Putterill was great on the left to be honest. Even though the defender knew he was going to cut in most of the time he was just to good for him. Some nice crosses too!

Offline mulane

• rouge
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: April 18, 2007, 02:07:46 pm »

I thought he was brilliant as well, lindfield was a handy player also. was sickened they lost. oh well hopefully they can do something special in the return

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: April 18, 2007, 03:09:08 pm »
FA YOUTH CUP FINAL - AWAY LEG TICKETS
Sonia Knight 18 April 2007 

Liverpool FC would like to make the following announcement regarding tickets to the Away Leg of the FA Youth Cup Final at Old Trafford on Thursday 26th April. 
The original allocation of tickets for the Youth Cup Away game has now sold out.

However we are expecting an additional allocation and we will resume sale as soon as we receive them. 
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N155649070418-1126.htm

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #387 on: April 18, 2007, 07:03:51 pm »
Quick look through Yahoo and you'd have found this http://www.prideofmanchester.com/sport/mufc-songs-opposition.htm -

seems like they dont have any songs regarding their own club out there!!!!
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline LiverOmar

• Anny Roader
  • Another Saudi Red!
« Reply #388 on: April 26, 2007, 11:10:52 am »
Isn't the 2nd leg tonight ?

What time is kick off GMT ?

Offline LiverOmar

• Anny Roader
  • Another Saudi Red!
« Reply #389 on: April 26, 2007, 11:24:50 am »
STAR RULED OUT OF YOUTH CUP FINAL
Jimmy Rice 26 April 2007 

Danish goalkeeper Martin Hansen has been ruled out of tonight's Youth Cup final second leg at Old Trafford with a broken finger. 
Hansen sustained the injury in the warm-up before last week's first leg against Manchester United - but remarkably played through the pain.

However, the Academy coaching staff believe it would be too much of a risk for him to start this evening.

The decision was made easier by the availability of last year's Youth Cup winning keeper David Roberts.

The under-18s go into the second leg 2-1 down, though a single goal victory would be enough to force extra-time because the away goals rules does not apply.

Coach John Owens is confident his young side have plenty of goals in them.

"We can't be too cavalier but we know we have plenty of players who can score. We've done well on this score during the Youth Cup – we got seven overall against Newcastle in the semis," he said.

"In midfield we've got Ray Putterill, Jimmy Ryan and Charlie Barnett who all like to have a go, plus Ryan Flynn and Craig Lindfield who get goals up front.

"We've thought from the very start that the game wouldn't be decided during the Anfield leg, and we're confident this is still the case."

Owens believes a crucial factor in the Reds' chances is how his boys cope with the Old Trafford atmosphere.

"I think they can handle it, but this is one of the imponderables when you're talking about footballers this age," he said.

"Hopefully we'll have some of our noisy supporters there too. But looking at the bigger picture, yes we want to do well in the Youth Cup, but our main aim is to produce players for the first-team. If these boys are going to make that step then they've got to be able to perform on this stage week in, week out."

Swedish midfielder Astrit Ajdarevic is expected to start tonight after missing the first leg through suspension. Lee Woodward will make way.

Meanwhile, United will again be without captain Craig Cathcart, who missed the first leg after he was called up to the senior squad. His absence this time is down to a season-ending knee injury sustained in training last week. 

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N155731070426-1028.htm

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #390 on: April 26, 2007, 03:43:34 pm »
Forgot all about this with last nights game etc.....come on you reds, we need cheering up !
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Le Terrible

• GAJAJ AlbertStubbinsGU
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: April 26, 2007, 04:11:31 pm »
If Lindfield bags a couple tonight, he may get consideration for the bench in the 2nd leg agaisnt Chelsea.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #392 on: April 26, 2007, 04:15:08 pm »
 :scarf    Wish the youngsters good luck tonight , do yourself and the club proud    :scarf

:champ

Offline redman1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Biggedy biggedy bong so it is
« Reply #393 on: April 26, 2007, 05:49:27 pm »
Does anyone know where i can get a stream for the game
The greatest night of my life so far

25/05/2005 Attaturk Stadium, Istanbul

North Tribune    Block 306   Row 13   Seat  343

Offline brightonpete

• Kopite
« Reply #394 on: April 26, 2007, 07:08:18 pm »
i haven't found any links for this yet.bbc manchester are gonna have radio commentary.

Offline LiverOmar

• Anny Roader
  • Another Saudi Red!
« Reply #395 on: April 26, 2007, 07:10:06 pm »
who are the starting XI ?

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: April 26, 2007, 07:20:36 pm »
LISTEN TO THE YOUTH CUP FINAL LIVE FROM 7.45PM
Jimmy Rice 26 April 2007 
  Liverpool Under-18s go head-to-head with Manchester United tonight as they seek to retain the FA Youth Cup. And, if you can't watch the second leg of the final on Sky, you can listen to live commentary on liverpoolfc.tv from 7.45pm. 
The young Reds are looking to overturn a 2-1 deficit from the Anfield leg, and as always commentator Steve Hunter will describe all the action for you online.

Extended highlights of the match, which is live on Sky Sports 2, will be available to watch on liverpoolfc.tv on Friday afternoon.

You will need to be an e-Season Ticket holder to listen to the live commentary.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N155735070426-1254.htm

Offline MattLFC08

• Forgetful nose poker-inner - Who Must Try Harder!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
« Reply #397 on: April 26, 2007, 07:21:26 pm »
any online streams??
"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Bill Shankly (2 September 1913 – 29 September 1981)

Offline PepeReina

• Main Stander
« Reply #398 on: April 26, 2007, 07:26:21 pm »
streams plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllsssssss ;)

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #399 on: April 26, 2007, 07:37:00 pm »
Come on you little red men.
Justice for the 96.