Author Topic: The Pyramids  (Read 75987 times)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Pyramids
« Reply #480 on: October 5, 2017, 07:51:47 pm »
Just caught up, it's the human sized ants now i think

The Loch Ness Monster, I think.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: October 5, 2017, 07:55:37 pm »
What kind of site is that?

I'm hoping that it was just a joke about British English - encyclopaedia, being the correct (possibly now old-fashioned) spelling. But, I fear it was some other, more crap, puerile and tasteless 'joke'.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: October 5, 2017, 07:57:18 pm »
I'm hoping that it was just a joke about British English - encyclopaedia, being the correct (possibly now old-fashioned) spelling. But, I fear it was some other, more crap, puerile and tasteless 'joke'.
Yes it was based on the Latin version.

Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #483 on: October 5, 2017, 08:14:59 pm »
The Loch Ness Monster, I think.

Hasnt someone squeezed her teats yet to get milk out?

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: October 5, 2017, 08:29:51 pm »
Hasnt someone squeezed her teats yet to get milk out?

We sure it's a she?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #485 on: October 5, 2017, 08:37:09 pm »

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: October 5, 2017, 08:38:49 pm »
So its not milk?
Milk was the cow stuff. Not sure what Locky produces.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: October 5, 2017, 10:49:55 pm »
'News and Current Affairs' ;D

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: October 5, 2017, 10:51:18 pm »
'News and Current Affairs' ;D

Well this is pretty current. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #490 on: October 5, 2017, 11:01:52 pm »
Well this is pretty current. :)

AWWYC thinks they've only just finished building them after all. It would have been literally impossible to do it any quicker.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: October 5, 2017, 11:05:53 pm »
AWWYC thinks they've only just finished building them after all. It would have been literally impossible to do it any quicker.

;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: October 5, 2017, 11:27:05 pm »
;D

As funny as this thread has been, it will never upsurp who was in that Van Dijk car.

Who if AWWYC was in that thread?

It peaked when we were tracking Southampton T-Junctions.
:lmao

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #493 on: October 6, 2017, 11:32:35 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6EW_aNWh84

A master stonemason (even using modern steel tools) is having a nightmare replicating (a much smaller) Spinx's nose.

We're supposed to believe that the Egyptians quarried, shaped (very precisely) and laid 2,000,000 blocks in twenty years, using copper tools.

The Old Testament is more believable.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #494 on: October 6, 2017, 11:34:48 am »
Eh up, the Brains Trust is back...
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #495 on: October 6, 2017, 11:35:04 am »

A master stonemason (even using modern steel tools) is having a nightmare replicating (a much smaller) Spinx's nose.

We're supposed to believe that the Egyptians quarried, shaped (very precisely) and laid 2,000,000 blocks in twenty years, using copper tools.

Do you ever get tired of your own posts?

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: October 6, 2017, 11:36:09 am »
The "ignore" function remains available people.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: October 6, 2017, 11:36:51 am »
Do you ever get tired of your own posts?

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: October 6, 2017, 11:38:03 am »

Finding one video to fit your opinion doesn't count as evidence or research.  Try to find info/data that challenges your assumptions, and if you still can't be persuaded, then you might have a stronger argument.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: October 6, 2017, 11:40:58 am »
Finding one video to fit your opinion doesn't count as evidence or research.  Try to find info/data that challenges your assumptions, and if you still can't be persuaded, then you might have a stronger argument.
Haha that's the thing, it's not one video.

And even if I posted 2,000,000 (one for each precisely carved blocked of the Great Pyramid) people would dismiss it as 'Conspiracy loon'.

You go try carve a hard rock with a copper chisel and report back. I suppose the skilled stonemason is happy to look like an utter failure, must be great for business.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #500 on: October 6, 2017, 11:42:02 am »
There would have been hundreds, in fact thousands, of stone masons working around the clock on these things using methods that had been refined over hundreds of years - not two old fellas using methods they have refined over the previous 5 minutes.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #501 on: October 6, 2017, 11:43:41 am »

And even if I posted 2,000,000 (one for each precisely carved blocked of the Great Pyramid) people would dismiss it as 'Conspiracy loon'.

You go try carve a hard rock with a copper chisel and report back. I suppose the skilled stonemason is happy to look like an utter failure, must be great for business.

1. They weren't all precisely carved. Other than the facing stones it's clear to see the others were of varying size.

2. Your last sentence is bizarre and more than a tad dramatic. I doubt he's being employed to use copper tools so hardly looking like a failure.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: October 6, 2017, 11:47:15 am »
There would have been hundreds, in fact thousands, of stone masons working around the clock on these things using methods that had been refined over hundreds of years - not two old fellas using methods they have refined over the previous 5 minutes.
So we've transitioned from slaves to skilled stone masons.

It doesn't matter how skilled you are, copper cannot beat hard rock. It's physics. Just like quarrying, carrying, sculpting and laying a two tonne block every five minutes is mathematically impossible.

Simple science and mathematics.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #503 on: October 6, 2017, 11:50:38 am »

Slaves, paid workers or a form of national service, I imagine the ones doing the bulk of the carving work would be using techniques taught to them rather than being unskilled.

It doesn't matter how skilled you are, copper cannot beat hard rock. It's physics. Just like quarrying, carrying, sculpting and laying a two tonne block every five minutes is mathematically impossible.

Please provide the maths...

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #504 on: October 6, 2017, 11:50:46 am »

A master stonemason

I suppose the skilled stonemason

Master...skilled....guy with chisel pretending to carve in order to support wacky theories....

See this...

This is the result of a master mason. Carved from one 20 ton block of pink granite, by hand, by one person, in one year.

He  only works in granite and he's very productive...http://www.ronaldrae.co.uk

Now imagine what a couple of hundred or more Ronald Rae's could do.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #505 on: October 6, 2017, 11:52:11 am »
^^^

Evidence please.

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: October 6, 2017, 11:55:10 am »

You're basing that on one block at a time.  If they did, say, 120 at a time, they'd have 10 hours per block.  I'm sure you know that though. 

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: October 6, 2017, 11:55:53 am »
^^^

Evidence please.

Exactly.  How does he know it didn't take him 1000 years?  ::)

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #508 on: October 6, 2017, 12:01:17 pm »
...You go try carve a hard rock with a copper chisel and report back.

Try bronze tools with cutting stones set in...http://www.theglobaleducationproject.org/egypt/articles/petrie.php

"The typical method of working hard stones - such as granite, diorite, basalt, etc.- was by means of bronze tools; these were set with cutting points, far harder than the quartz which was operated on. The material of these cutting points is yet undetermined; but only five substances are possible - beryl, topaz, chrysoberyl, corindum or sapphire, and diamond. The character of the work would certainly seem to point to diamond as being the cutting jewel; and only the considerations of its rarity in general,...interfer with this conclusion."

"That the Egyptians were acquainted with a cutting jewel far harder than quartz, and that they used this jewel as a sharp pointed graver, is put beyond doubt by the diorite bowls with inscriptions of the fourth dynasty, of which I found fragments at Gizeh; as well as the scratches on polished granite of Ptolemaic age at San. The hieroglyphs are incised, with a very fre-cutting point; they are not scraped or ground out, but are ploughed through the diorite, with rough edges to the line. As the lines are only 1/150 inch wide (the figures being about .2 long), it is evidence that the cutting point must have been much harder than quartz; and tough enough not to splinter when so fine an edge was being employed, probably only 1/200 inch wide. Parallel lines are graved only 1/30 inch apart from centre to centre."

"We therefore need have no hesitation in allowing that the graving out of lines in hard stones by jewel points, was a well known art. And when we find on the surfaces of the saw-cuts in diorite, grooves as deep as 1/100 inch, it appears far more likely that such were produced by fixed jewel points in the saw, than by any fortuitous rubbing about of a loose powder. And when, further, it is seen that these deep grooves are almost always regular and uniform in depth, and equidistant, their production by the successive cuts of the jewel teeth of a saw appears to be beyond question..."

"That the blades of the saw were of bronze, we know from the green staining on the sides of the saw cuts, and on grains of sand left in a saw cut.
The forms of the tools were straight saws, circular saws, tubular drills, and lathes.
The straight saws varied from .03 to .2 inch thick, according to the work; the largest were 8 feet or more in length..." "...No. 6, a slice of diorite bearing equidistant and regular grooves of circular arcs, parallel to one another; these grooves have been nearly polished out by cross grinding, but are still visible. The only feasible explanation of this piece is that it was produced by a circular saw."

Online Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #509 on: October 6, 2017, 12:08:52 pm »

It only works if everyone uses it. Anywhatthefuck posts things and people reply to them. It basically fucks the thread.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: October 6, 2017, 12:15:56 pm »
It only works if everyone uses it. Anywhatthefuck posts things and people reply to them. It basically fucks the thread.

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world" Roy Hodgson.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #511 on: October 6, 2017, 12:27:46 pm »

Then you just get no message every other post in the thread, followed by people quoting that message so you get to see his drivel each and every time.

He also ignored my question of how he is able to have the cheek of claiming someone is fictional when he made up a story about him having twins on thus very website

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #512 on: October 6, 2017, 12:34:56 pm »
It's also worth noting that Ancient Egyptians were working iron from way back to 3200-3500BC, long before the first pyramids, so it's entirely possible they didn't just have copper tools.

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: October 6, 2017, 01:23:32 pm »
Then you just get no message every other post in the thread, followed by people quoting that message so you get to see his drivel each and every time.

He also ignored my question of how he is able to have the cheek of claiming someone is fictional when he made up a story about him having twins on thus very website

Wait, what?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: October 6, 2017, 01:42:06 pm »
Oh God it's kicked off again  :lmao

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #515 on: October 6, 2017, 01:44:45 pm »
Wait, what?

That's what he called them.

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: October 6, 2017, 01:46:27 pm »

Anywhatwayyoucan and Anywhichwayyouwait ?

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #517 on: October 6, 2017, 02:06:21 pm »

;D

so did he have twins as in parentage or did he have twins he met on tinder or somesuch in a sordid sexual romp?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: October 6, 2017, 02:22:39 pm »

Haha I knew that you would read,ignore and then repeat it that is why I posted it.

Bronze age = Bronze tools & each stone mason had his own gang who would constantly switch out his chisel with freshly sharpened ones.

But yes they did but NO each block was not very precisely shaped and NONE of them were very precisely shaped in the quarry.

Bronze chisels and Limestone is not very hard rock,you can scratch a whole block using just wood if you had the time & patience..
« Last Edit: October 6, 2017, 02:27:23 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: October 6, 2017, 02:26:10 pm »
The great wall of China has close to 4 billion bricks. Let's assume that a person can lay 1 brick per minute with mortar, so it would have taken 7000 years to build it. Since its impossible to have a workforce of 1000's of people working on a construction project. Impossible I say.

Burj Khalifa also must have been started thousands of years ago.