Author Topic: Radio city announcment  (Read 17133 times)

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Radio city announcment
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2007, 10:53:24 am »
If Newcastle can fill 50,000+ for all league game, Arsenal oversubscribed at 60,000, United full at 75,000 every week - then why is 80,000 too ambitious?

We have one of the biggest fanbases in world football.

Just issue 65,000-70,000 Season Tickets, they'd be snapped up and would pretty much guarentee a full house every week.

For midweek games, Season Ticket holders have already paid so will go. For league cup games and FA Cup games etc - we wouldn't recieve 60,000 tickets for the final or the semi, so loyalty would be required. People would be afraid to miss a game incase they miss out on the finals etc. It would ensure a decent attandance for these games - the proof is in the pudding since the fan cards were introduced. Anfield is always full.

Reasonable ticket prices for the cup games and no problem at all, we'd fill it.

Have you heard anything else through the circles you move in BHB?
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2007, 10:54:23 am »
If there are a couple of thousand empty seats in an 80 000 capacity stadium its not the same as if there are a couple of thousand empty seats in a 45 000 capacity stadium.

Not being sold out every game is a good thing the way I see it because it means those who want to go will get the opportunity and touts will not be such a problem.
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2007, 10:54:23 am »
To be fair. If you are using those sort of home league games as the benchmark there ain't a lot of atmosphere to lose anyway. The empty spaces would all be in the upper tier if tickets are sold sensibly and should be more than compensated for atmosphere wise by groups of mates getting in and sitting together.

i see what you're saying here. but if thats the case then we're possibly gonna have 20,000+ empty seats for around 6/7 home league games, not to mention carling cup games. thats lost revenue, meaning we are paying a higher capital cost to build the stadium without maximising the payback.

from the atmosphere point of view for those games, a full 45,000 anfield with a half-decent atmosphere is better than a massive new open stadium with 20,000 empty seats and the same kinda atmosphere.

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2007, 10:58:18 am »
80,000 seems about right to me. and remember we are building for the future and we'll have lots of 'new' supporters when we win No. 19

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2007, 10:59:16 am »
No doubt they would but the problem is that they'd just be going on a seasie rather than another ticket, they don't necessarily help too much in finding the 35k extra people who want to go week in week out

Count my nephew in, 34,999 to go!

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2007, 11:00:40 am »
If there are a couple of thousand empty seats in an 80 000 capacity stadium its not the same as if there are a couple of thousand empty seats in a 45 000 capacity stadium.

Not being sold out every game is a good thing the way I see it because it means those who want to go will get the opportunity and touts will not be such a problem.

True, and you could even get over for a game  ;)

Offline wilo in berlin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2007, 11:02:40 am »
If this is true, surely playing in front of 20k empty seats a few times a season and have 80k for the big games has got to be better from a football point of view than just playing infront of 60k every week.

Who cares if some of the stadium looks empty?

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2007, 11:04:00 am »
I would be shocked if the ground ever had 20 thousand empty seats.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

Offline hansen6

• RAWK Scientific Officer, 1687-1905
  • Legacy Fan
  • Must post more
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2007, 11:06:22 am »
Who cares if some of the stadium looks empty?
We could get in some cardboard cut-outs etc.

I think we could fill at least 70k for the vast majority of games, and those that don't we could offer cheap tickets to kids and the like.

Offline wilo in berlin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2007, 11:08:43 am »
It would be nice if full priced tikets weren't sold then discounts for kids etc were brought in.

The rearranged midweek fixture against Wigan after three homes and a European away is going to be the contender for empty seats. Regardless of the number. If we can't fill it every week does it really matter? Better to have this to fill with day trip schemes from here there and everywhere than having a full stadium every week.

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2007, 11:09:28 am »
On the touts point - touts would pretty much be gone.

Its pretty much guaranteed the new stadium will have card entry like at City's ground. Can't make the match? Ring the club and they can remove the game from your card and refund a % (say 85%). The club can then sell that seat to anyone (even someone walking up 10 mins before the game) at face value, so why would there be any need to even look at a tout?

The walk-up factor will play a good part in selling the empty seats we may encounter. A lot of people can't be arsed with the current struggle for tickets (its not much of a struggle to me - but it is to some). If tickets were available to buy on the day, I'm pretty sure you'd get people sitting around with nothing else to do and nip down to go the game.

The price of the tickets will also determine how many come through the door. With a 60k stadium you'd probably see price rises in line with what Arsenal have done (~£35 two seasons left at Library, then ~£42 last season at Library, now ~£50 at new ground). Hopefully the extra 20k seats could offset the need for drastic ticket price rises, which is the one major fear I have with the Americans coming in. I can just about afford £600 for my season ticket now, if it went closer to £1000 I would have to start selling myself!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 11:12:00 am by Paul »

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2007, 11:09:30 am »
yeah, cheap tickets for locals "on the gate" - 80k would be nice.

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2007, 11:12:10 am »
Have you heard anything else through the circles you move in BHB?

Not yet, but am hopeful of doing so soon.

Will report back as soon as I hear anything
A Son of Shankly

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2007, 11:13:21 am »
On the touts point - touts would pretty much be gone.

Its pretty much guaranteed the new stadium will have card entry like at City's ground. Can't make the match? Ring the club and they can remove the game from your card and refund a % (say 85%). The club can then sell that seat to anyone (even someone walking up 10 mins before the game) at face value, so why would there be any need to even look at a tout?

The walk-up factor will play a good part in selling the empty seats we may encounter. A lot of people can't be arsed with the current struggle for tickets (its not much of a struggle to me - but it is to some). If tickets were available to buy on the day, I'm pretty sure you'd get people sitting around with nothing else to do and nip down to go the game.

The price of the tickets will also determine how many come through the door. With a 60k stadium you'd probably see price rises in line with what Arsenal have done (~£35 two seasons left at Library, then ~£42 last season at Library, now ~£50 at new ground). Hopefully the extra 20k seats could offset the need for drastic ticket price rises, which is the one major fear I have with the Americans coming in. I can just about afford £600 for my season ticket now, if it went closer to £1000 I would have to start selling myself!

You'd still be £399 short.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2007, 11:14:26 am »
Not yet, but am hopeful of doing so soon.

Will report back as soon as I hear anything

Cheers me dears

Offline redman1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Biggedy biggedy bong so it is
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2007, 11:16:01 am »
80,000 is very fucking ambitious.

In most games there would be thousands of empty seasts, would make for a really fantastically intimidating atmosphere for the oppositioon wouldn't it? Won't a delay fuck up all kinds of grants from Europe and elsewhere too?

If they are looking to make it an 80,000 seater stadium, i dont think they will be that arsed if they lose the grants,

p.s Anyone else looking forward to Tom Cannons expert views on this.      ;D
The greatest night of my life so far

25/05/2005 Attaturk Stadium, Istanbul

North Tribune    Block 306   Row 13   Seat  343

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2007, 11:16:28 am »
You'd still be £399 short.

better start now then - sure I can get another 399 desperate punters in by the time the season after next's renewal comes. or might find a rich pimp :-0

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2007, 11:19:10 am »

You don't have to go back too far to find some less than glamorous midweek ties where Anfield had about 20k empty seats with a 45k capacity

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2007, 11:20:04 am »
You don't have to go back too far to find some less than glamorous midweek ties where Anfield had about 20k empty seats with a 45k capacity

Aye but i think the club have realised how to price say the league cup games. Full house against Arsenal proved that.

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2007, 11:23:29 am »

But as someone said before this can be countered with loyalty schemes, pricing structures and other promotions.

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2007, 11:24:02 am »
One thing that could be done is to reduce ticket prices by 20-25% that way you would be almost certain of filling the stadium for most games but imagine the takings the club would rake in on matchdays with 80,000 people buying drinks hotdogs pies and merchandise etc

The one thing that does worry me though is the lack of thought that has gone into the extensions needed at The Park, The Albert, The Arkles and The Sandon
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline boyham

• Imagine Trevor Brooking singing the hits of Culture Club
  • Kopite
  • RTK Supporter
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2007, 11:29:19 am »
80,000 is very fucking ambitious.

In most games there would be thousands of empty seasts, would make for a really fantastically intimidating atmosphere for the oppositioon wouldn't it? Won't a delay fuck up all kinds of grants from Europe and elsewhere too?

If they are looking to make it an 80,000 seater stadium, i dont think they will be that arsed if they lose the grants,

p.s Anyone else looking forward to Tom Cannons expert views on this.      ;D

[quote/]
Ive said it for ages about the grants.  Who gives a fuck about 10million ish when we are spending around 250m+ on a stadium anyway?  Not just that, for the sake of an extra few million we are going to give ourselves a sub-standard home for the next 50 years?  No chance.  To move from a place like Anfield must be perfect, and to ensure it is, it cannot be rushed.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 11:32:10 am by boyham »
STD

STOP THE DAY-TRIPPERS!

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2007, 11:31:48 am »
Liverpool fans in complaining about fucking everything shocker!

60,000 too small - 80,000 and we wont fill it week in week out.

How about we just get one of the new pitches in the park and put a rope round it just in case!

Offline mike1975

• Kemlynite
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2007, 11:32:48 am »
st
I hope in the plans there is also extra provision for getting fans to and from the ground.

Imagine almost double the amount of people with an 80,000 stadium, compared with today.
op moaning about getting there mate! just set out earlier, I live out of town but feel this is fantastic news

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2007, 11:33:09 am »

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Offline boyham

• Imagine Trevor Brooking singing the hits of Culture Club
  • Kopite
  • RTK Supporter
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2007, 11:33:26 am »
Im not quite sure what I've done in my post above, but I said that paragraph, not redman1977 that it shows.  Sorry
STD

STOP THE DAY-TRIPPERS!

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2007, 11:34:21 am »
stop moaning about getting there mate! just set out earlier, I live out of town but feel this is fantastic news

Yes but without the transport options ready it won't happen.

Maybe this will get Merseyrail to get the tram to run past the place as well IF that ever becomes an option again, along with the train line.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2007, 11:35:35 am »

60,000 too small - 80,000 and we wont fill it week in week out.

How about we just get one of the new pitches in the park and put a rope round it just in case!

simple, 70,000 is the perfect answer then!

and the club won't really care if you don't turn up, if they sell the tickets they are happy and worth building. It would certainly help erase the touting problem, but mayonnaise made a good point about how many would take seasies if they can't shift them for the 'lesser' games.

Not much point in speculation until the club says something, or if they do.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline mike1975

• Kemlynite
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2007, 11:36:06 am »
[quote/]
Ive said it for ages about the grants.  Who gives a fuck about 10million ish when we are spending around 250m+ on a stadium anyway?  Not just that, for the sake of an extra few million we are going to give ourselves a sub-standard home for the next 50 years?  No chance.  To move from a place like Anfield must be perfect, and to ensure it is, it cannot be rushed. Don't think there will be many empty seats as there's 54,000 on waiting list for season tickets. It might mean they'll be no more gobshite touts outside the ground tho!

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2007, 11:37:10 am »
The one thing that does worry me though is the lack of thought that has gone into the extensions needed at The Park, The Albert, The Arkles and The Sandon

Which is why I mentioned the set up in Germany I experienced at the weekend.

Club having ale and food tents all around the new ground to cater for everyone. Makes perfect sense and would bring in more revenue. As long as it was affordable and good quality, which would be highy unlikely with Carlsberg behind it!
A Son of Shankly

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2007, 11:37:47 am »
Of course IF we go back for planning permission again there's nothing to stop the owners looking at other sites in addition to Stanley Park

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2007, 11:38:29 am »
Which is why I mentioned the set up in Germany I experienced at the weekend.

Club having ale and food tents all around the new ground to cater for everyone. Makes perfect sense and would bring in more revenue. As long as it was affordable and good quality, which would be highy unlikely with Carlsberg behind it!

I presume you and the RTK are communicating this to the club?

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2007, 11:38:46 am »
You'd get far more than 10K.  The list is clearly inflated by people who's circumstances may have changed and who are already sorted or no longer interested.  However the common knowledge of the size of the waiting list is also a deterrent to people putting their names down. I think you'd get quite a lot of new applications, especially from existing ST holders who want one additional seat next to their existing one.

I really don't think so - the reason? When fan card came in, there was a box to tick to be placed on the season ticket waiting list. I ticked it, I'm sure most did.

I only ticked it "just in case" like if curcumstances ever changed, etc.

Would I take one if offered tomorrow? No. And I'm sure most who ticked that box are the same.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline redchiz

• No income tax, no VAT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Reds are coming up the hill, boys...
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2007, 11:43:32 am »
from the atmosphere point of view for those games, a full 45,000 anfield with a half-decent atmosphere is better than a massive new open stadium with 20,000 empty seats and the same kinda atmosphere.

You might be right. But what about a full 45000 Anfield in most games in real-life: sound of popcorn being munched and tumbleweed blowing across the front of the Paddock? Interspersed by voluble mocking songs from a mere few thousand visiting fans, clearly audible to all. I don't see how a partially empty bigger ground would be worse than that.
"Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few." Percy Bysshe Shelley

Offline Mudface_

• Boys Pen
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2007, 11:43:46 am »
Of course IF we go back for planning permission again there's nothing to stop the owners looking at other sites in addition to Stanley Park

Or re-explore groundshare.

*runs*

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2007, 11:45:40 am »
I really don't think so - the reason? When fan card came in, there was a box to tick to be placed on the season ticket waiting list. I ticked it, I'm sure most did.

I only ticked it "just in case" like if curcumstances ever changed, etc.

Would I take one if offered tomorrow? No. And I'm sure most who ticked that box are the same.

Have to agree, but i think a decent estimate of how many S/T would be taken up would be this; me & me joined the waiting list in 2000, we got a letter back saying we where about 20 000 on the list, this was before the treble & before Istanbul etc. to be honest, we where pretty shite under houllier when i applied so I reckon you's be looking at arounf 50,000 ST holders in the new ground, Add in the ST for sharholders & I reckon your looking at 20,000 match day tickets availalbe in an 80k capacity & 10,000 in an 70k capacity stadium.

Offline lloydiethe1st

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2007, 11:46:17 am »
If this happens then it will be brilliant but as has already been said major transformations of the transport infrastructure are needed to cope with a stadium of this capacity.
"Djimi gives us another dimension, we're just not sure of what that dimension is!"

"If some laboratory ever tried to invent the perfect football fan, they'd struggle to better what I've seen at Liverpool."

http://HDTV.Giveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=204117

Offline mike1975

• Kemlynite
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2007, 11:46:34 am »
By any stretch.

Send out 56,000 letters tomorrow morning, to everyone on that list, offering them a seasie, and you'd be lucky to get 10k uptake.
What a load of crap mate i've been on the waitng list for years mate and if i got a letter tomoz i'd sell my soul to pay for it and chuck in the wife but wouldn't get much for her! Been in P.t.s for years with me lad and go every home game

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2007, 11:47:05 am »
If this happens then it will be brilliant but as has already been said major transformations of the transport infrastructure are needed to cope with a stadium of this capacity.

quote from somone on YNWA

in general terms, Liverpool has a transport infrastructure that could support at least an extra 100,000 inhabitants

what we suffer from here is the competence to drive through an initiative such as 'project build a  stadium with a decent capacity'

I have been to many, many away grounds but never have I had an easier and quicker drive away from a ground than at Anfield

Offline Tuesday

• Kopite
  • Alright Aldo?
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2007, 11:49:42 am »
Well, I can finally get a season ticket with a few mates now, anyway...if that's the case.  Can't be arsed waiting 12 years or so.
Sound as a pound!