Author Topic: New Anfield - Pitch 8 Metres from stands!!  (Read 9749 times)

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
New Anfield - Pitch 8 Metres from stands!!
« on: March 8, 2007, 10:27:20 am »
I've just read to my horror that the 'New Anfield' which could be called the 'Adidas Arena' will have the stands 8 metres from the pitch to fit into UEFA rules for Champs League games and the possiblility of future World Cup games at the new ground.

I'm sure you'd all agree we'd like the goal ends in particular to be closer to the pitch as with Anfield now as that's what makes it great, ok we lose some seats for European games but, isn't this a small price to pay?  However its about to start and there's little we can do now.  The upside is that there WILL be a New KOP... Great but, 8 metres from the pitch(which is quite a long way- like the Emirates).

Does anyone know if as its a new build regulations state the stands have to be built so far from the pitch? or is it just coz of the Euro games and its down to the Club alone?
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
Re: New Anfield - Pitch 8 Metres from stands!!
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2007, 10:38:49 am »
sauce

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2007, 10:43:32 am »
The reason the first few rows are netted off for champions league games is because of the extra height of the champions league advertising boards.

There isn't enough space to see over them so UEFA don't allow them to be sold.

You'll notice the front rows of the main stand paddock are not netted off because this side doesn't have the bigger adverts.

Offline todda

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2007, 10:52:07 am »
Source = NewAnfield.co.uk
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Rhino

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #4 on: March 8, 2007, 11:30:23 am »
Who are the people behind that site

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: March 8, 2007, 11:40:34 am »
Who are the people behind that site

some lad trying to make money by the looks of it by rushing up a half-arsed site with a lot of stuff nicked from elsewhere.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline todda

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 8, 2007, 12:06:47 pm »
It could well be someone trying to make a fast buck!! But, it was a link from 'The Stadium Guide' which is a good site, however, its not to say the NewAnfield.co.uk site is a good one as its a bit of a mish mash of a site, but, seems to have up to date info regarding the new plans and Gillet and Hicks take on things.

We'll see as they say  :wave

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #7 on: March 8, 2007, 12:19:50 pm »
Reading the newanfield.co.uk site and found this :

The stadium capacity is just over 60,000 as that is what is in the planning application, although the ground can be extended in the future it will have to get new planning permission to extend in the future.

http://www.newanfield.co.uk/publicplans.html

I always thought that we could not extend with the present plans. Is the above true?

Offline Rhino

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #8 on: March 8, 2007, 12:43:03 pm »

The stadium capacity is just over 60,000 as that is what is in the planning application, although the ground can be extended in the future it will have to get new planning permission to extend in the future.

I always thought that we could not extend with the present plans. Is the above true?

That's why it says any extention would require new planning permission

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #9 on: March 8, 2007, 12:47:22 pm »
What I meant was I thought rick parry said it was impossible to expand with the design of the present stadium.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 8, 2007, 01:40:35 pm »
Are the specs 8 meters to meet the UEFA 5 star?
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 8, 2007, 01:51:24 pm »

It's just a supposition.

This site has been around since 2004 and was around before I set up lfcnewstadium.co.uk - I wanted to buy the domain name newanfield.co.uk!

There are snippets of information which are true and others which are just plain wrong. I'd take what you read with a pinch of salt.

Though it's clearly a professional outfit - afterall how many other sites set up from a bedroom have a managing director? ;)

There are so many myths and rumours flying around about the new stadium now and a dedicated, extensive section on the official site is long overdue. Arsenal had a huge amount of info on their ground from around 2002. We've had nothing. Just brief snippets and out of date images.

It's about time the club got onto this as there's thousands of people who want to know what's going on. Having something official would also put an end to all the questions that are floating around. Nobody really knows what's happening.

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: March 8, 2007, 02:38:10 pm »
http://www.onlinegooner.com/exclusive/index.php?id=227

This 'new' stadium of ours has destroyed us a football club. All we are now is a corporate business with a bunch of corporate fans to go with it. I think we've stopped being 'The Arsenal' now. To me this is more upsetting than going out the Champions League. If we can't raise an atmosphere, or turn up on time for a Champions League knockout match then we may as well all go home - and not bother coming back.

oh dear

"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline todda

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 8, 2007, 02:48:03 pm »
I totally agree there should be alot of info on .tv about the New Stadium like Arsenal had when they were planning and building the Emirates.  It was updated on a regular basis (I used to go on and look as I love to see new Footy Stadiums - I keep an eye on Wembley too) but, our club is so secretive about these things it'll probably be left to us fans on forums like this to show pictures we've taken ourselves of how the new stadium is progressing  :butt  That is if we can get within decent photographing distance without being told to get lost (or words to that effect).

Come on .tv get with it and give us (the fans - your bread and butter) a few bits of information to go on so we don't have to keep on speculating.

Offline leighton

• adopter of peasants, spelling mistakes are the iPads fault - obviously.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter @smee05
« Reply #14 on: March 8, 2007, 03:11:13 pm »
WHY WOULD NIKE BE 6-1 3RD FAVOURITE?

the uniform is adidas.
Everton fc, the slogans club. More slogans than trophies - now available in pink.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #15 on: March 8, 2007, 03:12:22 pm »
WHY WOULD NIKE BE 6-1 3RD FAVOURITE?

the uniform is adidas.

Why would you use the word uniform? You don't even have the excuse of being in america.

Anyhoo.

Anyone familiar with anfield will know that the front row of the kop is AT LEAST 8 metres from the touchline.

8m is 9yds - or 3/4 from the goal line to the penalty spot.

It's about the same distance from the goal line to the front row of the kop.

Although this image shows the anny road - you can see what is roughly an 8m distance marked...
« Last Edit: March 8, 2007, 03:19:33 pm by nidgemo 3.11 »
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline todda

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 8, 2007, 04:48:53 pm »
ok nidgemo if its 8m from the front of the KOP to the goal line then how far back are the goal end stands at the Emirates?  as they look a long way from the goal line?  and why do we lose seats in the KOP on Euro nights if there is enough room for UEFA regulations? (i know someone mentioned the advertising boards being higher but, I'm not convinced of that as I've been in the KOP for all 3 group games and they didn't look that much higher than Premiership adverts???)

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 8, 2007, 05:08:27 pm »
ok nidgemo if its 8m from the front of the KOP to the goal line then how far back are the goal end stands at the Emirates?  as they look a long way from the goal line?  and why do we lose seats in the KOP on Euro nights if there is enough room for UEFA regulations? (i know someone mentioned the advertising boards being higher but, I'm not convinced of that as I've been in the KOP for all 3 group games and they didn't look that much higher than Premiership adverts???)

They are a lot higher mate and it's always been the case for champions league games with any club where the seats are considered by uefa to be too low to see clearly over the boards. The Kop ones are also in a different position to the ones that are normally in place for the league games.

Have to say I agree with Nidgemo too. The Kemlyn is very close to the touchline but the front row of the Kop isn't particularly close. The walkway at the front of the stand is quite wide, then there's the bit for photographers and stewards, then the artificial track, then the bit of grass between this and the touchline. Ditto the main stand really.

I don't think it'll be that big an issue really.

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 8, 2007, 05:21:37 pm »
http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19071.pdf

Champions league hoardings 0.90m

Can't find anything on normal ones, but if you look at an image of the Kop for league games and for champions league games I think the difference would be quite clear

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #19 on: March 8, 2007, 06:06:28 pm »
ok nidgemo if its 8m from the front of the KOP to the goal line then how far back are the goal end stands at the Emirates?

I can't find a completely overhead view, but looking at this and using the same method...

then the distance from the front row to the goalline is at least the same distance as goalline to penalty spot, and, allowing for some foreshortening, and also that the angle of the phto / height of the seats covers 1m in front of the seats, the distance is probably more like the same as that from the goal line to the edge of the box - therefore 18 yards, which is 16.5 meteres...

Or to put it another way - more than twice as far away as they are proposed to be at anfield...
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #20 on: March 8, 2007, 06:06:47 pm »
8M isn't far at all.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
« Reply #21 on: March 9, 2007, 02:36:08 am »
Are the specs 8 meters to meet the UEFA 5 star?
i presume so and it gets on my nerves, i as talking to an athletic bilbao fan and they are moving from there historic san mames ground and he told me that the new stadia crowd will be further away only for UEFA 5 star regulation, i think it's BS to tell you the truth, why sacrifice having a UEFA 5 star stadia which means you need seats further back and can then host world cup matches as opposed to having a 4 star stadia with the crowd really close.

like UEFA will ever award our stadium a European Cup fina, (though we deserve it, Anfield especially) everything will be held at that white elephant in north london known as wembley.

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 9, 2007, 09:24:21 am »
like UEFA will ever award our stadium a European Cup fina, (though we deserve it, Anfield especially) everything will be held at that white elephant in north london known as wembley.

Yea, they'll have it at Wembley EVERY year won't they?

Having this extra gap also helps the pitch though as it allows better circulation of air, according to Arsenal's groundsmen. And who is anyone to argue with him?

Offline Rhino

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #23 on: March 9, 2007, 09:37:36 am »
I would hope that now the takeover has gone through, we should see some update pics and stuff over the next week or so

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 9, 2007, 11:59:22 am »

the new stadium shouldn't hold a European Cup Final, as it isnt big enough. Each team would only get about 15,000 tickets by the time UEFA have trimmed all their partner tickets out. Imagine if that happened to us? There would be an uproar - Istanbul was hard enough for tickets in an 80,000 stadium an that was on the other side of the world!

UEFA cup final, fair enough, but you only need to be 4* for that (we could theoretically host one now!)

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25 on: March 9, 2007, 12:19:23 pm »
the new stadium shouldn't hold a European Cup Final, as it isnt big enough. Each team would only get about 15,000 tickets by the time UEFA have trimmed all their partner tickets out. Imagine if that happened to us? There would be an uproar - Istanbul was hard enough for tickets in an 80,000 stadium an that was on the other side of the world!

UEFA cup final, fair enough, but you only need to be 4* for that (we could theoretically host one now!)

Hampden held it a few years back with a lesser capacity. As did the Schalke Arena.

Offline todda

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 9, 2007, 03:11:47 pm »
Nidgemo, if your right with your stats on the Emirates and the picture does indicate it is a long way back then 8 metres probably isn't too bad then.  The Gooners obviously have done it as they like to win ground of the year every year, just so they can say they won something ... Lol

Offline Kop4

• Legacy Fan
  • Can't get his avatar's boobs to jiggle.
« Reply #27 on: March 9, 2007, 03:58:49 pm »
i like UEFA will ever award our stadium a European Cup fina, (though we deserve it, Anfield especially) everything will be held at that white elephant in north london known as wembley.

Agree.  No way should the ground b built for Euro / World Cup games.  Will rarely get ouside of London for the next 30 years so why bother?

A big difference at the Emirates is on the sides.  The crowd seems at least 10 yards away from the pitch wheras at Anfield it is much less.

The crowd seems quite close at Old Trafford, but hasn't that got 5 stars?
A travesty of a sham of a mockery.

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #28 on: March 9, 2007, 11:12:19 pm »
http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19071.pdf

Champions league hoardings 0.90m

Can't find anything on normal ones, but if you look at an image of the Kop for league games and for champions league games I think the difference would be quite clear

I may be wrong but I thought the reason for the front couple of rows to be covered was not so much the height of the hoardings used in the CL but to ensure they clearly stand out against the backdrop of the crowd, at Old Trafford they used to have the same problem as us but now use the electronic display hoardings as do Arsenal, I also think that we are compensated by UEFA for th loss of gate reciepts.
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
« Reply #29 on: March 9, 2007, 11:23:25 pm »
Yea, they'll have it at Wembley EVERY year won't they?
well as far as i know, the fa has to apply to bid for a UCL Final and if our FA do it, they will always choose wembley, up until they've payed bills off ;). obviously the UCL final is shaken around every year but that doesn't do much to increase our chances of hosting a final, plus a final is only one match, im sure having  closer crowd with an intense atmosphere throughtout a whole season continuously is more beneficial for us.

plus our stadium will be able to host UCL finals, it will be UEFA 5 star. indeed the current Anfield is 4 stars and if w ehad like say 4,000 extra seats we'd fit the criteria of hosting a UCL Final.