Author Topic: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)  (Read 309716 times)

Offline Demo

• Main Stander
Re: Ipod Classic
« Reply #4560 on: June 12, 2019, 07:51:59 AM »
I know it's not quite what you asked, but I replaced mine using a kit on ebay for about £10. Took all of 5 minutes as the ipod is just clipped together using plastic mounts and lasts longer than the original did.
It's really quite easy to do yourself, there's videos on youtube showing you how to do it.

Thanks gents,i might give it a go!
Just one question,do you need a tool to seperate the body of the ipod from the housing?

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
Re: Ipod Classic
« Reply #4561 on: June 12, 2019, 09:28:12 AM »
Thanks gents,i might give it a go!
Just one question,do you need a tool to seperate the body of the ipod from the housing?

My kit came with 3 things - the battery, instructions and a little plastic pry tool to get the case open. From memory that was all that was needed. Honestly a doddle. It was actually harder to get the case closed.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Believer
Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #4562 on: July 17, 2019, 10:41:24 AM »
Can anyone recommend any free games for kids that don't contain tricky adverts every 2 minutes? I always get  a game for my 5 year old and then next thing shes back on the app store getting a different game as an advert has popped up and the X is always very small/hidden.

I've got the CBBC games app which is good, needs to be more games like that!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4563 on: July 21, 2019, 01:10:00 PM »
Just got the lad an Iphone 6 as he starts senior school in Sept. We're on Android ourselves - it there an app I can install on the wifes Honor 10 so she can locate his iphone (Mum wants to know where he is etc) or can it only be done via Apple?

Thanks.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4564 on: July 21, 2019, 01:11:18 PM »
Can anyone recommend any free games for kids that don't contain tricky adverts every 2 minutes? I always get  a game for my 5 year old and then next thing shes back on the app store getting a different game as an advert has popped up and the X is always very small/hidden.

I've got the CBBC games app which is good, needs to be more games like that!

With the kids Android tablets, I switch to airplane mode before they start the games to stop the ads, maybe try that?

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Believer
« Reply #4565 on: July 21, 2019, 02:18:40 PM »
Just got the lad an Iphone 6 as he starts senior school in Sept. We're on Android ourselves - it there an app I can install on the wifes Honor 10 so she can locate his iphone (Mum wants to know where he is etc) or can it only be done via Apple?

Thanks.

Couple of options off the top of my head....

1. Log into your Sonís iCloud account using Google Chrome on the Honor 10 and you should be able to use either the Find My iPhone or Find My Friends functions.

2. Pretty sure Google Maps has real time location services these days? Iím sure you can locate contacts that way too.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4566 on: July 21, 2019, 04:04:18 PM »
Couple of options off the top of my head....

1. Log into your Sonís iCloud account using Google Chrome on the Honor 10 and you should be able to use either the Find My iPhone or Find My Friends functions.

2. Pretty sure Google Maps has real time location services these days? Iím sure you can locate contacts that way too.

Cheers, I'll look into them.

Online NotTooXabi12

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Office apps for ipad?
« Reply #4567 on: October 17, 2019, 10:19:19 AM »
Hi guys, can anyone recommend the best app on ipad, free ideally that allows me to do the work I'd usually use Microsoft word for?

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
Re: Office apps for ipad?
« Reply #4568 on: October 17, 2019, 11:18:11 AM »
Pages. Itís Appleís version of Word.

Offline WhoHe

• Believer
Re: Office apps for ipad?
« Reply #4569 on: October 17, 2019, 10:44:34 PM »
You can get MS Office for an iPad, I've used it and its OK but not as easy or I think fully functional as Office for Windows.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • @hartejack
« Reply #4570 on: November 1, 2019, 03:34:41 PM »
Any iPhone users having difficulty with taking screenshots since the latest update?