Author Topic: Safe Standing campaign gains momentum in parliament, + campaign video.  (Read 1472 times)

Offline bathcitytimbo

• Boys Pen
Hi, just to inform everyone the campaing to get LIMITED SAFE TERRACED areas in grounds is starting to get seriously looked at in parliament 120+ MP's have signed up to it, and David Cameron has said he'd review the issue.

In conjunction with www.standupsitdown.co.uk , I've made this campaign video, including footage of the great Kop in full swing, and some narrative from the 'Reclaim the Kop' group. Hope you enjoy it (I realise there are a couple of bloody typo's!)  Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5yHbDAz2Sc           
(Forgot to add the link to the video! Hope you like it.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 06:56:18 pm by bathcitytimbo »

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
Re: Safe Standing campaign gains momentum in parliament, + campaign video.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 05:44:03 pm »
I don't think that RTK should be used as a vehicle for Safe-Standing.  Even though I am actually in principle in agreement with Safe Standing, RTK is supposed to be inclusive and surely that includes those who disagree with such ideas.  Whether people want to get behind it themselves is up to them, but leave RTK out of it.

If the people who run RTK believe that the introduction of safe modern standing areas is the way forward they should be able to campaign for it.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 06:14:18 pm »
Safe standing has got the be safer than what happens now where people stand up in areas not designated for it.

Think this pic was originally posted by Rushian

Looks perfectly safe to me, miles safer than what currently goes on, capacity of the grounds wouldn't be affected and everyone benefits.

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 12:10:09 am »
Standing in seated areas is becoming more and more of a regularity up and down the country, this issue needs to be tackled head on. 

Safe standing areas would appear the most logical method of progression, I for one am all for it, I despise sitting down at a football match.

Offline ianrush79

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 05:16:01 pm »
Will our new stadium have scope for a safe-standing area? If the government decides to change the law then it would be great to have a standing area back. However, it would need to be "convertable" for european games because i thinks its against UEFA regulations to have any standing at Champions League games
Phil Brown just off the phone. Stupid sod didn't know what 'Gardening Leave' meant. He's spent the past week planting fucking roses.